Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Wife's interview today

My wife had her Naturalization interview today at the Dallas DO. Everything went smoothly. Interview itself took less than 15 min. She was told that her oath letter would be sent in the mail. When she asked if all the required checks were completed, the officer replied yes but said that he was unable to give the oath letter immediately because of some computer issues(???). He told that there was a ceremony in the 3rd week of March in Dallas county and in the second week of April in Tarrant county and that she would get the oath letter in the mail for probably one of those ceremonies.

Mr. Alien said:
My wife had her Naturalization interview today at the Dallas DO. Everything went smoothly. Interview itself took less than 15 min. She was told that her oath letter would be sent in the mail. When she asked if all the required checks were completed, the officer replied yes but said that he was unable to give the oath letter immediately because of some computer issues(???). He told that there was a ceremony in the 3rd week of March in Dallas county and in the second week of April in Tarrant county and that she would get the oath letter in the mail for probably one of those ceremonies.
Yes, apparently of recent in Dallas DO, everyone is not getting an oath letter immediately after interview. The samething happened to 2 of my friends who had interview yesterday. The IO hinted them it might be in April as the remaining ones were already filled.
Hope this changes soon.

My Wife's interview experience

My wife had her interview this afternoon. Pretty much in line with others. No major surprises. We did have a trip to India while waiting for interview letter. Lady seemed to have liked the fact my wife had a fresh copy of N400. Also, no oath letter as the "computers" are not working and will be mailed at a later date.

My interview is on 1/30/07. I will update with my experiences after that.

s_a_kumar

our timelines are posted on my previous posts.

my PD is 9/07/06, my case status is no longer on the uscis.gov web site.
it says :

Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

* Case Status Retrieval Failed
* Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283.

does that mean i should get an interview letter soon?

thanks

jaco747 said:
my PD is 9/07/06, my case status is no longer on the uscis.gov web site.
it says :

Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

* Case Status Retrieval Failed
* Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283.

does that mean i should get an interview letter soon?

thanks

I just got Interview Date through Phone. I got exact same message. You can expect Interview any time

Interview process

S_A_kumar
What do you mean by a fresh copy of N-400? Did you fill in another N-400 with the fresh india trip added? I am in the same boat, please advise?

Superman,
you got your interview date by phone? did you also receive a letter or just the phone call ?

did you call that Customer Service number and they gave you your interview date or did you call the Dallas office? i don t have a phone number for the dallas office.

thanks

i just got my IV letter today, along with the document check list,
it says to bring IRS form 1722 or copies of tax forms filled, i got the tax return transcripts from the IRS, is that good enough or do i need that from 1722?

also it says if you've ever been arrested or detained bring... Does a traffic ticket count as that or is it just a citation?
i had 2 tickets the most recent one was in 2000, and the court has no record of it, it s not even on my driving record (got copies of that) the other one was in 1998 in FL, and i downloaded from their website the proof that everything was paid for and the case is closed, FL said that s all they have because it s been so long. will this be good enough ? (no other ticket since 2000)

both my tickets were mentioned on the N400 application.

PD 9/07/06
FP 09/28/06
IV 03/23/07

jaco747 said:
Superman,
you got your interview date by phone? did you also receive a letter or just the phone call ?

did you call that Customer Service number and they gave you your interview date or did you call the Dallas office? i don t have a phone number for the dallas office.

thanks

My Case Disappeared online and error message asked us to contact customer service (Texas). Not Local DO, Dallas. So, my wife called service center regarding the error message. At first they did not give out an info. After transfering to another person, they gave out the Interview date. We are still waiting for the letters.

Last edited by a moderator:
jaco747 said:
i just got my IV letter today, along with the document check list,
it says to bring IRS form 1722 or copies of tax forms filled, i got the tax return transcripts from the IRS, is that good enough or do i need that from 1722?

also it says if you've ever been arrested or detained bring... Does a traffic ticket count as that or is it just a citation?
i had 2 tickets the most recent one was in 2000, and the court has no record of it, it s not even on my driving record (got copies of that) the other one was in 1998 in FL, and i downloaded from their website the proof that everything was paid for and the case is closed, FL said that s all they have because it s been so long. will this be good enough ? (no other ticket since 2000)

both my tickets were mentioned on the N400 application.

PD 9/07/06
FP 09/28/06
IV 03/23/07

A far as I know, Transcipts superceeds tax forms. That being said, Tax Transcripts should be fine.

As far as traffic tickets, there are a lot of discussions are going on with various opinions. My take is that, you do need to take proof if you mentioned on the application if it is within 7 yrs. If proof is not available ask the court to send you the same via a signed letter. FL copy should be fine. This is just my opinion.

i was reading the page 2 of the N-400 instructions and it says there that if it s not drug/alcohol related and no actual arrest was made and the fine is less than $500, no documents are necessary.
i got a "document check list" with the IV letter and it says the same too under note (11)

jaco747 said:
i was reading the page 2 of the N-400 instructions and it says there that if it s not drug/alcohol related and no actual arrest was made and the fine is less than $500, no documents are necessary.
i got a "document check list" with the IV letter and it says the same too under note (11)

It looks like you got aGeneric IL. I thought USCIS specifically asked you to bring traffic violations since you mentioned on the application. I would not worry about this since fine is less than $500, not DUI and more than 5 Yrs.

Superman, thanks for the reply,

yes it looks like a generic letter and a form N659 "naturalization interview document check list" which also looks generic.

the weird thing is that when i got my receipt for the N400 with the Priority date on it it said "my application has been received but with the following exception: missing evidence", it says my app was missing evidence that i will need to provide during the interview, i will be notified of what is missing later.
and all i got is this generic check list. which i already submitted all the docs that it says to bring.

does anyone else has that missing evidence note on their N400 receipt ? is it a standard thing they put on there ?

I am following this newsgroup for some time. It is very helpful. I just thought of posting my timelines and reschedule info. My interview got cancelled due to bad weather on Jan 17th and got reschedule for March 1st. I received my second IL yesterday.

My timelines...

PD: July 28th 2006
ND: Aug 3rd 2006
FP: Aug 23rd 2006
IL received: Nov 30th 2006
IV: Jan 17th 2007 (rescheduled due to bad weather)
Second IV received: Jan 27th 2007
IV on: March 1st 2007
Oath: ?????

Interview rescheduling

WatingforC:

Many thanks for your posting. As you know, I'm in exactly the same boat as you are with almost identical dates. My interview was scheduled on Jan 17th as well and got cancelled due to the Dallas office closing (bad weather). Hope to get rescheduled interview date soon.
PD: 7/31/2006
FP: 8/23/2006
ID: 1/17/2007 (cancelled)

Fresh N400

desi2go said:
S_A_kumar
What do you mean by a fresh copy of N-400? Did you fill in another N-400 with the fresh india trip added? I am in the same boat, please advise?

Yes Desi2go - per the advise of wise members of this group, my wife took a new copy of N400 filled with information changes and offered to IO at the time of interview. I have my interview on 1/30 and I am planning to do the same.

S_a_kumar

Il

Just received rescheduled interview letter:

PD: 7/31/06
FP: 8/23/06
ID: 1/17/07 (cancelled due to bad weather)
New ID: 3/5/07

We brought extra N-400 pages with changes on them. With both my wife and I, the Imm Officer just copied the changes onto the existing form. But, during my wife's interview, she got a big thank you for being so prepared.

My notice also had the "missing evidence" note on it. I never figured out what they actually meant. Read the various postings on what people bring to interviews. I brought more than I needed, but a lot less than what some folks list. In particular, I brought the IRS 3-year transcript (it's what they sent me when I asked for a transcript). It never came up at the interview.

docs to bring along

All,
just FYI, please carry original certified documents of any evidence you will be carrying with you to the interview. If I had the original certified copy of my case dismissals, I would have passed my interview. I am having to send it to them and god only knows what will happen
Gita

Interview experience

I had my interview on 1/30/07. It was scheduled at 10:40 am. I reached Immigration office at 10:20 am. Waited till about 10:55 am or so. I was called in. IO made me take oath and got me started. IO had all the documents from all the applications I have ever applied. I could see my 485 documents, I thought I saw my h1 application also but not sure. It was quite impressive set they had on me. The file was about 1 inch thick! Only document they were missing was my birth certificate. I had it with me and he quickly looked for my middle name 'Kumar' is on that. Asked me questions about the form. Verified my address, phone numbers, employment history. I mentioned about my trip to India in Sept 2006. I gave him a new copy of n400 page 4 with my changes. Asked me about associations I am part of. I said not part of any groups that are terrorist etc. Asked me if I will support constitution and bear arms if necessary..I replied yes. Then to Civics exam...pretty easy stuff. luckily no dates stuff. Asked me a simple sentence to read and write an easy sentence. Thats it!

Looks like they are planning to have a huge oath ceremony end of March or early April for all of North Texas. IO mentioned I could be invited to that.

From all my experiences with Immigration, F1 interview in Madras (chennai) in 1993 was the toughest. Every thing else was easy! Only major pain was waiting!

s_a_kumar