CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

Thanks Shaaka. I still did not get the official notice so far. Will call once I get i

shaaka said:
Hello cavenkat,

Don't ignore the biometrics appt. because in my fingerprint appointment notice it is stated that if i don't appear for biometrics appointment or reschedule the appointment application is considered abandoned...

So i would strongly adivce you to go for the biometrics appointment eventhough you did it already...

Or otherwise call 1800 number and clarify it.

cavenkat said:
Hi,
Based on I-485 recepit (It says I need to go for Biometrics), I went to local ASC and got it done for me and my wife (10fingers,signature,photos). It is been updated on USCIS also. Got an email. If I get FP notice again in 2weeks (As people are getting FP notices also apart from I-485 notices), do I need to do it again or I can ignore it. Please advise

I140/485,EAD,AP : Sept.19th, ND : Sept.21st, LUD :Sept 24th

Which ASC did you go to?

FP notice query

Hi Everybody

My spouse's company applied for concurrent 140/485 in june 05, We got EAD & AP in August.
We didn't get FP notice yet. I can see that few people are saying that they saw the FP request on their 485 reciept..... We didn't get the original 485 receipts, we just got the WAC#s through attorney email ...and now we check status online ...
Our 140 is also not approved yet even there are people from Aug who got 140 approval ....
Should we worry now ?
How can I ask for FP notice ? What should I ask ?
Thanks for advice in advance ..
Ada

140/485 concurrent June 27 05
EAD, AP approved Aug/01/05
140 LUD July07/05
485 LUD July 07/05
NO FP notice ...

Adya said:
Hi Everybody

My spouse's company applied for concurrent 140/485 in june 05, We got EAD & AP in August.
We didn't get FP notice yet. I can see that few people are saying that they saw the FP request on their 485 reciept..... We didn't get the original 485 receipts, we just got the WAC#s through attorney email ...and now we check status online ...
Our 140 is also not approved yet even there are people from Aug who got 140 approval ....
Should we worry now ?
How can I ask for FP notice ? What should I ask ?
Thanks for advice in advance ..
Ada

140/485 concurrent June 27 05
EAD, AP approved Aug/01/05
140 LUD July07/05
485 LUD July 07/05
NO FP notice ...

FP Notices is very Random.. Many cases with ND of May to Aug have not received FP yet & only cases with ND of Aug 15th have FP info on I-485 receipt. You can send email to CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov with both WAC & A# and ask about FP scheduling.

For I-140, Company/HR/Attorney should send an email to
CSC-XII.140@dhs.gov with WAC Number & ask why it has not been approved yet

Question regarding change of job title

Hi,

I have a question regarding changing the job title with the same employer. I got my labor approved (EB3) and waiting for 1-140 approval. I cannot file for 485 for few years due to retrogression. I am overdue for promotion in my company and HR is holding this due to GC process. Is it possible to get promoted to a Manager post once the I-140 is approved? Since the 485 is only an adjustment of status will there be any issues?

Thanks for the reply.

Hi gp111

Thanks for your quick response and valuable suggestion..
We will send the email for FP ...
One more question : We need to change the appartment as we need to move to 2 bedroom ....
IS is advisable to change the address at this stage or we should wait until 140 & FP is done ....
We can hold our move until Dec 05 ......
Thanks,
Ada

Adya said:
Hi gp111

Thanks for your quick response and valuable suggestion..
We will send the email for FP ...
One more question : We need to change the appartment as we need to move to 2 bedroom ....
IS is advisable to change the address at this stage or we should wait until 140 & FP is done ....
We can hold our move until Dec 05 ......
Thanks,
Ada

Address Change is not an issue at all. Update your address by calling the Uscis Customer service number & also file AR-11.

I found the answer to my question on 'Immigration-law.com'. Here is the answer if anyone is interested:

Q18: My employer filed I-140 petition for me and I expect that I will not be able to file I-485 application for a long time. Pending all these, my employer promoted me to a higher-level position which is a different occupational classification in DOT. How will this promotion affect my green card proceedings?

A: People often confuse between the current job (a temporary job) and the future job (permanent job). USCIS Bill Yates admitted in a memorandum that the alien did not even have to work for the employer pending the proceeding inasmuch as the employer proves the existence of the labor certified "permanent" job. Accordingly, theoretically, one may argue that your new promoted job is a temporary job and once the I-485 is approved, you will be reassigned to your previous job. However, this sounds awkard that you will be demoted to lower-level position of lower-wage after so many years because of the approval of your green card. In this situation, the employer will have a difficult time to establish "existence of the labor certified permanent job."

Biometrics appointment question

Hello GP111 and Gurus,

My spouse received the code 3 biometrics notice on Oct 5th, appointment is on 13th Oct.

I have not received any biometrics notice so far, should I just wait or call the 800 number and inquire?.

Anyone else is similar situation, should we get the notice together, or is it ok.

Please advice.

I-140 RD:09/22/05 ND:09/26/05 LUD:09/28/2005

Self & Spouse:
I-485/I-765/I-131 RD:09/22/05 ND:09/26/05 LUD:09/28/2005

VS-FEB03 said:
Hello GP111 and Gurus,
My spouse received the code 3 biometrics notice on Oct 5th, appointment is on 13th Oct. I have not received any biometrics notice so far, should I just wait or call the 800 number and inquire?. Anyone else is similar situation, should we get the notice together, or is it ok.Please advice.

Calling 800 number will not help. I believe you should also get the FP notice soon. If you don't receive then ask your spouse to go for it alone (do not miss it as that may create additinal Delays)

VS-FEB03 said:
Hello GP111 and Gurus,

My spouse received the code 3 biometrics notice on Oct 5th, appointment is on 13th Oct.

I have not received any biometrics notice so far, should I just wait or call the 800 number and inquire?.

Anyone else is similar situation, should we get the notice together, or is it ok.

Please advice.

I-140 RD:09/22/05 ND:09/26/05 LUD:09/28/2005

Self & Spouse:
I-485/I-765/I-131 RD:09/22/05 ND:09/26/05 LUD:09/28/2005

Yea GP is right - calling 800 number is of no use - go for whatever you have

gp111 said:
10K per Category per Country

gp111,

Are you sure, this number is 10k per Category per Country. I was under the impression that it is 10K per country...well, if it's per category per country, then it's not too bad, but if not, then it's going to take ages to get a Green Card.

Cheers

inque said:
Does the receipt notice for I-140/I-485 also have the case # EAC..., ETC ?

Every receipt have one receipt number. If you have applied in CSC your receipt number starts with "WAC" ("EAC" for VSC, "SAC" for TSC & "LIN" for NSC)

Current Salary vs LC Salary

Hi GP and all,

First of all, this is my first posting on this forum. Finally after 40 months wait, I got promoted from LC forums to I-140 forum. :)
My labor got cleared from BEC on Sep 10th and hard copy received on Oct 4th.( Missed the deadline...)

I am ready to go for I-140. But here is my concern, I am working since 5 years with same employer who filed my LC. My salary all these years was 20K less than salary qouted on my LC. Is this will be going to be a problem in approval of I-140.

Please advice.

Thanks
CAPD02

Mine is also same as CAPD02

CAPD02,

I am in the similar missed boat. I think my lawyer recieved it and my empolyer and attorney both of them together they hide the information.
Anyway,
I am in the process of applying the I-140 soon.
Thanks
val_cleared

CAPD02 said:
Hi GP and all,

First of all, this is my first posting on this forum. Finally after 40 months wait, I got promoted from LC forums to I-140 forum. :)
My labor got cleared from BEC on Sep 10th and hard copy received on Oct 4th.( Missed the deadline...)

I am ready to go for I-140. But here is my concern, I am working since 5 years with same employer who filed my LC. My salary all these years was 20K less than salary qouted on my LC. Is this will be going to be a problem in approval of I-140.

Please advice.

Thanks
CAPD02

No.. As long as the employer is committed and able to give you LC Wages (PW or higher) you have no problems with I-140/485.

val_cleared said:
CAPD02,

I am in the similar missed boat. I think my lawyer recieved it and my empolyer and attorney both of them together they hide the information.
Anyway,
I am in the process of applying the I-140 soon.
Thanks
val_cleared

I don't think that anybody hided the information form you. In my case, LC got approved in early May, but it took a while for Dept of Labor to mail the approval. My attorneys received the approval same day as I did.