CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

Exactly same happened with me, so I called up USCIS. They told me go for the appointment scheduled on your fingerprint notice. The appointment which we scheduled by calling the 800 number will get cancelled automatically.

gc123_quest said:
I filed my I485 and I140 on sept 22 at CSC. I recieved the receipts yesterday. I just checked my mail I received Appoinment letter for Biometerics to be done on OCT 19 for me and my wife. But today before I received the mail I scheduled an appointment as per I485 reciept. Will my appointment as mentioned on the Appointment letter is still vaid or it gets cancelled because I scheduled an appointment. The appointment date on the letter is earlier than what I got when I called them. Can I still go on the date and time mentioned in the appointment letter. Anyone can you please advice what I need to do.

Thanks

Thanks Maverick123 . I also called CIS and they told me the same thing. I need to appear on the date and time as mentioned on the Biometerics appointment letter. BTW does anyone know whats the difference between ASC code 1,code 2 and code 3

nother1inline said:
I140 July 29th - wow that sounds like we should have that cleared within a month from now - god willing!

Also, Simran, how was your experience with the FP based on 485 receipt?

My application I-765 and I-131 RD is 08/16/2005. Not yet approved ! Case Status show received.

Dates in San Francisco District Center shows I-131 / I-765 - June 27, 2005.
Dates in San Jose District Center shows I-131 / I-765 - June 27, 2005.
Dates in CSC shows I-131 - Sep 01, 2005 and I-765 - Sep 02, 2005.

Which we have to take? I don't know, where my application is filed.

Let me know.

dkgdkg said:
My application I-765 and I-131 RD is 08/16/2005. Not yet approved ! Case Status show received.

Dates in San Francisco District Center shows I-131 / I-765 - June 27, 2005.
Dates in San Jose District Center shows I-131 / I-765 - June 27, 2005.
Dates in CSC shows I-131 - Sep 01, 2005 and I-765 - Sep 02, 2005.

Which we have to take? I don't know, where my application is filed.

Let me know.

It should be CSC not Local Office.

Received fingerprint appointment notice today

Guys,

Received fingerprint appointment notice for me and my wife today.

Appointment on Oct 28, 2005.

need some urgent info!

Hi gurus,
I have a question. I am an Indian citizen and my wife's borth country is UK. Is there any way I can use UK visa numbers for our I485 processing, or I will have to wait until my PD becomes current?
Thanx for you help!
I-485.140
RD:09/27/05
ND:09/29/05

desibond said:
Hi gurus,
I have a question. I am an Indian citizen and my wife's borth country is UK. Is there any way I can use UK visa numbers for our I485 processing, or I will have to wait until my PD becomes current?
Thanx for you help!
I-485.140
RD:09/27/05
ND:09/29/05

Yes.. You are in Luck.. Its called Cross Chargebality.. Ask your attorney to inform USCIS about that & you will get approved from UK visa quota.

good luck

yes
I believe you can use "cross chargeability" based on your spouses country of birth but you must indicate it during filing of 485

Fingerprinting notice? Today

inque said:
When did you recieve your receipt notice ?

I got it Today! Other receipt notices dates are in my signature

Last edited by a moderator:
Questions regarding Biometric notice

Hi,
Based on I-485 recepit (It says I need to go for Biometrics), I went to local ASC and got it done for me and my wife (10fingers,signature,photos). It is been updated on USCIS also. Got an email. If I get FP notice again in 2weeks (As people are getting FP notices also apart from I-485 notices), do I need to do it again or I can ignore it. Please advise

I140/485,EAD,AP : Sept.19th, ND : Sept.21st, LUD :Sept 24th

Interesting news! (source:immigration-law.com)

"Shocking EB Visa Numbers Prediction for FY 2006 and FY 2007

The AILA has reported the FY 2006 and FY 2007 Employment-Based Visa Number predication based on the information from the State Department and the Labor Department. It is literally shocking.
The recapture number from prior employment-based visa numbers, which we reported in our Visa Retrogression Q&A, approximately 101,000 have been almost completely exhausted, and fewer unused family-based immigrant visas out of about 89,000 are available for employment-based cases. Accordingly, recapturable numbers are practically almost gone.
The visa numbers for FY 2006 and FY 2007 which have been provided by the State Department to the AILA are so stunning that one feels completely lost. See the following figures:
FY 2005--249,000 (attributable recapture from the EB unused numbers and spillovers from the family-based categories)
FY 2006--156,000 (actual number is estimated to be about 6,000 fewer than this figure!)
FY 2007--148,000
For the Worldwide EB-2 numbers, it predicts that it may remain current at least through December 31, 2005, and then may retrogress during the 2nd quarter of FY-2006 (January - March 2006). What's more, a cut-off date may be established during the 3rd (April - June 2006) or 4th quarter (July - September 2006).
India used 45,000 EB immigrant visas in all of the employment-based visa categories in FY 2005, but in FY 2006, the per-country limit in all EB categories will only be 10,700, and of that 10,700, the number available per-country in the EB-1, EB-2 and EB-3 categories is projected to be only 9,180 or less.
The 245(i) cases which were filed mostly before April 31, 2001 will more or less seriously affect the pace of the visa number progression. But look at the estimate of 245(i) which is pending at the DOL. The number is staggering. There are estimated to be approximately 345,000 245(i) applications with the DOL. Without doubt, some of these applications will be denied, withdrawn or abandoned, but the prediction indicates that as many as 250,000-275,000 direct beneficiaries plus additional derivative beneficiaries of their family members (average 2.5) will move into I-140 and I-485 streams in the future.
Again, as we emphasized in our Visa Retrogression Q&A, the only solution is to push the Congress to pass the Immigration Reform legislation as soon as possible. You all should join in this force to lobby the Congress and refute the anti-immigration forces!
Are You Ready!?!?!?"

Don't ignore finger printing appointment.

cavenkat said:
Hi,
Based on I-485 recepit (It says I need to go for Biometrics), I went to local ASC and got it done for me and my wife (10fingers,signature,photos). It is been updated on USCIS also. Got an email. If I get FP notice again in 2weeks (As people are getting FP notices also apart from I-485 notices), do I need to do it again or I can ignore it. Please advise

I140/485,EAD,AP : Sept.19th, ND : Sept.21st, LUD :Sept 24th

Hello cavenkat,

Don't ignore the biometrics appt. because in my fingerprint appointment notice it is stated that if i don't appear for biometrics appointment or reschedule the appointment application is considered abandoned...

So i would strongly adivce you to go for the biometrics appointment eventhough you did it already...

Or otherwise call 1800 number and clarify it.

Gurus

This article says that the visa numbers per country will drop to less than 10K. Is that per category or all together ? Based on this article visa numbers may not even move for couple of years.

db9 said:

The AILA has reported the FY 2006 and FY 2007 Employment-Based Visa Number predication based on the information from the State Department and the Labor Department. It is literally shocking.
The recapture number from prior employment-based visa numbers, which we reported in our Visa Retrogression Q&A, approximately 101,000 have been almost completely exhausted, and fewer unused family-based immigrant visas out of about 89,000 are available for employment-based cases. Accordingly, recapturable numbers are practically almost gone.
The visa numbers for FY 2006 and FY 2007 which have been provided by the State Department to the AILA are so stunning that one feels completely lost. See the following figures:
FY 2005--249,000 (attributable recapture from the EB unused numbers and spillovers from the family-based categories)
FY 2006--156,000 (actual number is estimated to be about 6,000 fewer than this figure!)
FY 2007--148,000
For the Worldwide EB-2 numbers, it predicts that it may remain current at least through December 31, 2005, and then may retrogress during the 2nd quarter of FY-2006 (January - March 2006). What's more, a cut-off date may be established during the 3rd (April - June 2006) or 4th quarter (July - September 2006).
India used 45,000 EB immigrant visas in all of the employment-based visa categories in FY 2005, but in FY 2006, the per-country limit in all EB categories will only be 10,700, and of that 10,700, the number available per-country in the EB-1, EB-2 and EB-3 categories is projected to be only 9,180 or less.
The 245(i) cases which were filed mostly before April 31, 2001 will more or less seriously affect the pace of the visa number progression. But look at the estimate of 245(i) which is pending at the DOL. The number is staggering. There are estimated to be approximately 345,000 245(i) applications with the DOL. Without doubt, some of these applications will be denied, withdrawn or abandoned, but the prediction indicates that as many as 250,000-275,000 direct beneficiaries plus additional derivative beneficiaries of their family members (average 2.5) will move into I-140 and I-485 streams in the future.
Again, as we emphasized in our Visa Retrogression Q&A, the only solution is to push the Congress to pass the Immigration Reform legislation as soon as possible. You all should join in this force to lobby the Congress and refute the anti-immigration forces!
Are You Ready!?!?!?"

db9 said:

FY 2007--148,000
Are You Ready!?!?!?"

Is it a good news for EB2 cases or bad news?? GP111 please advise ...

inque said:
This article says that the visa numbers per country will drop to less than 10K. Is that per category or all together ? Based on this article visa numbers may not even move for couple of years.

10K per Category per Country

Well, I think it is a bad news for every country.... The article mentions that visa numbers are going to retrogress for all countries in the later part of fy 2006....For India and China, they are already retrogressed....Looks like until the 2001 cases are all cleared, or a new law is passed, there is little hope...