CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

VS-FEB03 said:

Thanks VS-FEB03

Senate Committee to Consider Immigration Relief Provisions

New Fees Would Also Be Imposed

As a result of budget reconciliation discussions, the Senate Judiciary Committee has indicated that it will be considering language for inclusion in a budget bill that would increase the availability of green card and H-1B visa numbers and impose new fees. As part of Congress's budget reconciliation process, each committee in the House and the Senate is tasked with raising revenues or cutting spending. The reconciliation process begins with the inclusion in a budget resolution of instructions to each committee to change spending and revenue laws. The green card and H-1B provisions emerged yesterday in the context of budget reconciliation discussions and are scheduled to get a first formal examination by the Senate Judiciary Committee on October 20, 2005.

If enacted, the provisions would allow for the recapture of unused green card and H-1B specialty occupation visa numbers from past years, and would permit certain foreign nationals to file applications for adjustment of status to permanent residence, even if subject to visa backlogs. An additional $500 fee would be assessed on employment-based immigrant petitions as well as on H-1B petitions filed for the recaptured pool of numbers. We have been able to obtain a copy of the proposed language and we summarize it in more detail below.

Recapture of Unused Immigrant Visa Numbers

Currently, the worldwide number of employment-based immigrant visas available during a given fiscal year amounts to approximately 140,000 (although this number can fluctuate in years when unused family-based immigrant visas trickle down into the employment category). The 140,000 figure includes visas issued to principal beneficiaries of I-140 immigrant worker petitions and to their spouses and children.

The proposed language would provide that the worldwide level of employment-based immigrant visas would include the sum of (1) a baseline pool of 140,000 visas; (2) the number of unused family-based immigrant visas from the previous fiscal year; and (3) the number of unused employment-based immigrant visas from all previous fiscal years (excluding visas allocated to "Schedule A" categories) or 90,000, whichever is less.

Adjustment of Status

The proposed language would also provide that an individual for whom an I-140 immigrant visa petition with supplemental $500 fee is filed may file an adjustment of status application even if a visa number is not immediately available. The adjustment application can still not be approved until a visa number is available (i.e., until the beneficiary's priority date is current), but the filing of an adjustment application presumably entitles the applicant to the ancillary benefits of an adjustment filing, including eligibility for an employment authorization document (EAD) and an advance parole travel document. Beneficiaries of I-140 petitions which are pending on the date the law is enacted may, upon the payment of the supplemental petition fee, take advantage of the opportunity to file an adjustment application even if their priority dates are not yet current. However, the bill would appear to preclude beneficiaries of previously approved I-140 petitions from benefiting from the opportunity of applying for adjustment of status under this provision.

Shahramt....

My application for I-140/I-485 was recieved on Sept 28th and the attorney got the receipt notice on 5th oct.

shahramt said:
Is there anyone here who submitted a package to CSC in october and got an LUD or email or something!?

visa dates??

Check these dates posted on New Delhi Embassy's website. Similar to what Manila embassy posted before october. Don't know whether this is true. Should wait for the official bulletin.
Atleast EB-3 has progressed but not EB-2.

EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILITY
INDIA OTHERS

E1 1-Aug-02 CURRENT
E2 1-Nov-99 CURRENT
E3 1-May-00 CURRENT
E4 CURRENT CURRENT
EW 1-Oct-00 1-Oct-00
EX CURRENT CURRENT

http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/prioritydates.html

pklam said:
Check these dates posted on New Delhi Embassy's website. Similar to what Manila embassy posted before october. Don't know whether this is true. Should wait for the official bulletin.
Atleast EB-3 has progressed but not EB-2.
http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/prioritydates.html

Looks more like OCT dates (with Typo in EB-3) Not the NOV Bulletin. Lets wait for couple of days more for official bulletin.

Looks like typo instead of India dates they have pulled China EB3 dates for month of OCT 2005. Even Title says it for the month of Oct 2005

any i-140 approvals

Folks anyone recieved i-140 approval lately .I Hate CSC (all other service centers are moving faster now compared to CSC idioits. I wish I could do a performance review on them :)))

VSC is sleeping too

Look at VSC there is no movement since March 2005. Did they stop processing -140?????

arbit007 said:
Folks anyone recieved i-140 approval lately .I Hate CSC (all other service centers are moving faster now compared to CSC idioits. I wish I could do a performance review on them :)))

gp111, GSpossible, Shahramt, doubleforest, any update on your 140s? LUDs?
Any of you planning to send an inquiry on 140?

tantan said:
gp111, GSpossible, Shahramt, doubleforest, any update on your 140s? LUDs?
Any of you planning to send an inquiry on 140?
The LUD and message changed last night (recieved RFE). LUD changed again this morning with no change in message.

Last edited by a moderator:
I485

While I'm waiting to hear something on the I140, I was surprised to see an LUD on 10/11 on the 485!!

I also sent an email to the email ID floating around regding the FP confusion some time back and got a response yesterday which is referring to the fact that the 485 application in question is not approved yet coz of the name check blah blah but there's no reference to the FP part that I wanted to know about. I will reply to it and then keep you guys posted.

However, now I see the LUD on 485 is 10/12 !! Wonder what on earth is going on :)

FP Notice...

Guys,
I received the Biometric FP appointment notice yesterday with an appointment on mid-next month but since I am going to travel next month I went to the san jose office today & they took the FP for me...everything was smooth.

Just an update...
=================================
EB2-Sub-CSC
EAD, AP, I140 - ND 07/27 - All approved
I485 - FP Done.

I have got 3 LUDs for I-140 in the past three days (first one was due to recieving RFE by CSC but the last two had no change in message). Any idea what is going on? Based on what I have seen here, if after RFE, they look at the application, they make a decision very fast.
Please share if you have any experience in this regard.

shahramt said:
I have got 3 LUDs for I-140 in the past three days (first one was due to recieving RFE by CSC but the last two had no change in message). Any idea what is going on? Based on what I have seen here, if after RFE, they look at the application, they make a decision very fast.
Please share if you have any experience in this regard.

Don't have any experience, but I believe they are processing your file and
most likely you'll get your approval within days... I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Somewhere in the forum I read that every time an officer logs into a
client's account, there would be a LUD on that account.

Shahramt....

If you read the reciept notice for I-140 it says that LUD would change whenever someone works with the case but it does not imply that there would be a change of status everytime.

tantan said:
Don't have any experience, but I believe they are processing your file and
most likely you'll get your approval within days... I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Somewhere in the forum I read that every time an officer logs into a
client's account, there would be a LUD on that account.

All!!! Important News At Immigration-law.com

ALL....LOOKS LIKE WE MAY HEAR SOME GOOD NEWS REGARDING RECAPTURE OF UNUSED EB VISA NUMBERS FROM THE PAST AND MANY MORE USEFUL MEASURES.

10/13/2005: IMPORTANT NEWS: We Need Your Help!!

AILA has reported that the Senate Judiciary Committe is markedup a very important legislative bill on October 20, 2005, coming Thursday, to discuss the Budget Reconciliation and Immigration proposal that can give some relief to the current H-1B blackout and EB immigrant visa number retrogression. According to the AILA, the proposal includes the following:
Recapture of 300,000 unused H-1B numbers
Recpature of 90,000 unused EB immigrant visa numbers
Execpting spouses and minor children of EB principal aliens from the annual EB quota limit
Permit filing of I-485 even during the visa number retrogression.
AILA has been told repeatedly by Hill staff that it is vitally important that the people in business community and scientific and research organizations reach out tothe following members of the Senate Judiciary Committee as urgently as possible:

Arlen Specter (R-PA) Chairman Patrick Leahy (D-VT) Ranking

Orrin Hatch (R-UT) Edward Kennedy (D-MA)
Charles Grassley (R-IA) Joseph Biden (D-DE)
Mike DeWine (R-OH) Herbert Kohl (D-WI)
Jeff Sessions (R-AL) Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)
Lindsey Graham (R-SC) Russ Feingold (D-WI)
John Cornyn (R-TX) Charles Schumer (D-NY)
Sam Brownback (R-KS) Richard Durbin (D-IL)
Tom Coburn (R-OK)
Jon Kyl (R-AZ)
Please send the letters to these members in the following sample context as quickly as possible:

Dear (client name):
As you know, business-based immigration is in crisis because of
dysfunctional laws and Congressional inaction. Of particular concern is
the black-out on H-1B visas and the long "green card" backlogs that make
it unlikely that skilled workers will become U.S. permanent residents in
the foreseeable future. The Senate Judiciary Committee will be
considering a bill to address some of these problems in the next week.
Because I know that your company has been impacted by one or both of
these issues, I urge you to alert Senators on the Judiciary Committee to
the need for immediate relief. Attached to this mail is a model letter
with talking points that you can use to contact these Senators. I have
been told that business support for this effort is crucial.
I will follow up with you to discuss this effort. Thank you in advance
for your help.
Sincerely,
(Your name here)
It is "extremely" important that everyone participates in this last minute campaign.

inque said:
If you read the reciept notice for I-140 it says that LUD would change whenever someone works with the case but it does not imply that there would be a change of status everytime.

Is there a possibility that they make a decision and do not change the online message. My problem is that they have looked at it before and came up with a minor RFE (copy of I-94). Then they have looked at it 2 more time.
What is there to look at so many times!!!!

Ead?

Hello,

First time here. Thanks everybody for sharing the message here. I have a qucik question, should be easy for you guys..:)

I just filed my 140/485 begining of Sep. Got the receipt already. Could I apply for the EAD myself using the USCIS's E-File service? I saw for I-765 form I need to go to ASC to do the FP. Does that mean I need to wait after I've done the FP or I can still apply for it now?

thanks,
~iBach