CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

iBach said:
Hello,

First time here. Thanks everybody for sharing the message here. I have a qucik question, should be easy for you guys..:)

I just filed my 140/485 begining of Sep. Got the receipt already. Could I apply for the EAD myself using the USCIS's E-File service? I saw for I-765 form I need to go to ASC to do the FP. Does that mean I need to wait after I've done the FP or I can still apply for it now?

thanks,
~iBach

You can surly apply for EAD now.. If required they will send you FP/Biometrics notice.

Copy of I-140 receipt

I was wondering if the CIS sends a copy of I-140 receipt to the HR along with the Attorney.

MA001

MA001 said:
I was wondering if the CIS sends a copy of I-140 receipt to the HR along with the Attorney.

MA001

That wasn't the case for me. Only one copy was sent to attorney.

I-140 Lud !

I just got a response from USCIS Case Status Website for my I-140 case:

" .... we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 270 and 300 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.
...."

LUD: 10/14/2005 !

Fp

Did any of you who didn't get the FPs on 485 receipts try contacting USCIS asking about FP schedule?

My attorney sent an e-mail and got a response saying that I will get the FP schedules when the name check is done. That's ridiculous! The name check could take months...

Tantan

Yesterday I called t schedule a FP and they gave me a date of Nov 18th. However, today I recieved a notice for FP with date of 26th Nov.

I have ND of Oct 4th and doubt my name check could be done so soon...

tantan said:
Did any of you who didn't get the FPs on 485 receipts try contacting USCIS asking about FP schedule?

My attorney sent an e-mail and got a response saying that I will get the FP schedules when the name check is done. That's ridiculous! The name check could take months...

?

gc_sparrow said:
Guys,
I received the Biometric FP appointment notice yesterday with an appointment on mid-next month but since I am going to travel next month I went to the san jose office today & they took the FP for me...everything was smooth.

Just an update...
=================================
EB2-Sub-CSC
EAD, AP, I140 - ND 07/27 - All approved
I485 - FP Done.

Glad to hear that.

Since I got a response from USCIS saying that FP will be scheduled after the name check is done. And you have got your FP scheduled (and done). Does it suggest that your name check is already done. And if that is the case, you are almost there...

Do you know whether your name check is done or not? Thanks.

inque said:
Yesterday I called t schedule a FP and they gave me a date of Nov 18th. However, today I recieved a notice for FP with date of 26th Nov.

I have ND of Oct 4th and doubt my name check could be done so soon...

I was refering to those of us who didn't get the biometric/FP instruction on the receipts. That would be those of us with ND before Aug ~15. Yours' obviouly different.

I got the hardcopy of my LC from DBEC on 10/4/05. Planning to file I-140/I-485 in the next few days.

Can the revered gurus in this forum guide me on the following issues for filing concurrent I-140/I-485:

1. What original documents apart from the ETA-750 (approved LC hardcopy) have to be sent? Can copies of other documents like birth certificate affidavits, company support letter etc be sent or do originals have to be sent?

2. I still have 1.5 years more on my 6 year H1B cap. Does it make sense to apply for EAD/AP now? I heard that H1B is invalidated once I get EAD/AP. Is this true? Or can I get the EAD/AP now but not use them actually ( plan to use only in case of an emergency ). Please confirm.

3. Do we have to submit only the copy of the most recent I-94 ( small white card ) or copies of all the past versions as well since arrival in the US? I am really confused here.

I would really appreciate your guidance in the above questions. Thanks

Endeavour2003 said:
I got the hardcopy of my LC from DBEC on 10/4/05. Planning to file I-140/I-485 in the next few days.

Congratulations
I believe you are not from India or China (Non Retrogressed Country)..

1. What original documents apart from the ETA-750 (approved LC hardcopy) have to be sent? Can copies of other documents like birth certificate affidavits, company support letter etc be sent or do originals have to be sent?

For I-485
--------
1. Form G-28. If filing through a lawyer.
2. I-485, Application to Adjust Status, with copy of I-94 and 2 photographs
3. I-131, Application for Travel Document, with copy of passport identity pages and 2 photographs(Immigration photo).
4. I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, with copy of passport identity pages and 2 photographs
5. I-765 Card. This is your signature card. This is used to prepare you Employment Authorization Card.
6. G-325A, Biographic Information.
7. I-693, Medical Examination, with copy of vaccination.
8. Evidence of valid nonimmigrant status, with copy of both sides of I-94, copy of entire passport, and written summary of beneficiary and spouse nonimmigrant history.
9. Copy of Tax returns & W2 for last 3 years
10. Copy of 3 latest pay stubs
12. Copy of Birth Certificate & English Translation.
13. Marriage Certificate.
14. Employment Letter.
15. Form I-864 (Affidavit of Support), notarized,completed by principal applicant for spouse and
each child

I-140
------
1. Employment letter
2. Employment Reference Letters (if experience required)
3. Copy of Degree Cert / Mark Sheets / Transcript
4. Education Evaluation (if required)
5. Copy of I-94
6. 3 latest Pay Stubs

2. I still have 1.5 years more on my 6 year H1B cap. Does it make sense to apply for EAD/AP now? I heard that H1B is invalidated once I get EAD/AP. Is this true? Or can I get the EAD/AP now but not use them actually ( plan to use only in case of an emergency ). Please confirm.

You need not apply for EAD/AP if you don't want to.. Or can apply & use it in emergency.

3. Do we have to submit only the copy of the most recent I-94 ( small white card ) or copies of all the past versions as well since arrival in the US? I am really confused here.

You have to submit most recent I-94 copy as well as copies of other (whatever you have, though not must but proves your leagal status).

I would really appreciate your guidance in the above questions. Thanks

tantan said:
Glad to hear that.

Since I got a response from USCIS saying that FP will be scheduled after the name check is done. And you have got your FP scheduled (and done). Does it suggest that your name check is already done. And if that is the case, you are almost there...

Do you know whether your name check is done or not? Thanks.

I am not sure...I didn't get any information about name check...there was an LUD just after the FP is done on my 485 when I checked online without any specific message.

Endeavour2003 said:
I heard that H1B is invalidated once I get EAD/AP. Is this true?
No. You can get EAD/AP and still maintain your H1 status if you don't use EAD/AP. If, however, you use it, your H1 will be automatically voided. For instance, if you use AP to enter the country you'll lose H1 at that moment.

No Receipt Notice yet.

GP111,

I filed 140/485 on 20th sep and reached there on 21st ( I have the Fedex sign proof), but still didn't get the receipt notice yet, any clue?

Is anybody still there in the same boat?

Undy said:
No. You can get EAD/AP and still maintain your H1 status if you don't use EAD/AP. If, however, you use it, your H1 will be automatically voided. For instance, if you use AP to enter the country you'll lose H1 at that moment.

i.m not sure about using AP and losing H1 but using EAD invalidates the H1 status

Sharamt..

Can I remain on H1B Visa and not use EAD card while my wife uses her EAD Card or is it that both of us have to USE EAD Card or none.

shahramt said:
i.m not sure about using AP and losing H1 but using EAD invalidates the H1 status

Do we need to notarize any copies?

Hi GP111,

Thanks a lot for the list.
I am from India but will be filing under the 'Cross Chargeability' clause as my wife was born in a non-retrogressed country.

Of the following documents do we need to notarize any copies or will simple copies work?

8. Evidence of valid nonimmigrant status, with copy of both sides of I-94, copy of entire passport, and written summary of beneficiary and spouse nonimmigrant history.
9. Copy of Tax returns & W2 for last 3 years
10. Copy of 3 latest pay stubs
12. Copy of Birth Certificate & English Translation.
13. Marriage Certificate.
14. Employment Letter.

I-140
------
1. Employment letter - Should a fax/copy be sufficient or is original needed
2. Employment Reference Letters (if experience required)
3. Copy of Degree Cert / Mark Sheets / Transcript
4. Education Evaluation (if required)
5. Copy of I-94
6. 3 latest Pay Stubs

inque said:
Can I remain on H1B Visa and not use EAD card while my wife uses her EAD Card or is it that both of us have to USE EAD Card or none.

No.. Your wife can use EAD & you can still be on H1.. Even if your wife has used EAD, she still maintains H4 status as long as you continue with your H1.