CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

Endeavour2003 said:
Hi GP111,

Thanks a lot for the list.
I am from India but will be filing under the 'Cross Chargeability' clause as my wife was born in a non-retrogressed country.

Good.. You are lucky :)

Of the following documents do we need to notarize any copies or will simple copies work?

Simple Copies will work. Only thing you need notarized is Affidavite of Support (I-864)

I-140
------
1. Employment letter - ORIGINAL
2. Employment Reference Letters (if experience required) - COPY

Free Ipod Nano for Immigrants (No Scam)

I thought I would share this after getting an Ipod Nano for free. Believe me. This is
not a scam that's what I thought earlier.

Listen to BBC News Clipping @
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/video/40101000/rm/_40101790_ipods_carver22_vi.ram

Please Read Yahoo Financial News
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050822/cgm012.html?.v=18

Now Click Here for Your Free Ipod Nano

PS: This is not a scam…and I'm not trying to send you spam. I just thought you might like
to know how I got it. If you're not interested, I'm sorry for bothering you.

Last edited by a moderator:
LUD after FP?

Does anyone know if one gets an LUD (on the online case status) after getting one's FP taken at an ASC?

Thanks,

I-140/EAD/AP/I-485 : RD: 9-26-05, ND:9-30-05
FP notice received, and FP taken.

FP Done

My FP was done yesterday. They took finger prints for all the 10 fingers and the photo.

Raj.

Birth Certificate Questions

Thanks again GP111/Gurus
There is one final question ( hopefully the last before filing ) on which I need your valuable guidance:

1. My birth was registered within 9 days of my birth (mentioned on my birth certificate). However the birth certificate was printed/generated recently. Do I still need to submit a birth affidavit?

If so can you confirm what affidavits are needed? ( I have one from Parents, one from maternal uncle and one from maternal aunt? ) Can I send copies of the affidavits or do original affidavits have to be sent?

2. My lawyer had forgot to mention a year's worth of experience during filing LC ( although I am good for EB2 without that experience ). Can I have the additional experience added now for I-140 filing or do you think that it would cause problems? ( I have all the required experience letters )

3. Can my Indian passport be renewed after filing I-485 as I will be reaching my 10 year limit in about 8 months.

Endeavour2003 said:
1. My birth was registered within 9 days of my birth (mentioned on my birth certificate). However the birth certificate was printed/generated recently. Do I still need to submit a birth affidavit?

It should be fine as long as it says the birth was registered within first month.

If so can you confirm what affidavits are needed? ( I have one from Parents, one from maternal uncle and one from maternal aunt? ) Can I send copies of the affidavits or do original affidavits have to be sent?

It required, you need two affidavits only.. One from Mother & One from Father is good enough.. Otherwise any two relatives / friends of your parents will do. You need original affidavits.

2. My lawyer had forgot to mention a year's worth of experience during filing LC ( although I am good for EB2 without that experience ). Can I have the additional experience added now for I-140 filing or do you think that it would cause problems? ( I have all the required experience letters )

If by adding that experience LC & I-140 do not mach, then don't add it.. otherwise it does not matter

3. Can my Indian passport be renewed after filing I-485 as I will be reaching my 10 year limit in about 8 months.

There is no connection between your visa status & Indian Passport renewal.. You can renew it any any time. (If you want you can renew right now also as expiry is less then 365 days)

Alternate doc for birth certificate

I dont have a birth certificate. I was wondering if I can use 'National ID card' as an alternative.

Thanks
MA001

Got the I-140 approval notice today by regular mail.
The online status still shows the "RFE receieved ...".

MA001 said:
I dont have a birth certificate. I was wondering if I can use 'National ID card' as an alternative.

Thanks
MA001

No. You can't use National ID Card / Degrees/ Passport / DL or Consulate BC as alternative to BC.

All you need is a non avalibility cert ( A letter from your town/city birth records office that BC Records are not available) and 2 affidivates from your parents/relatives that you ware born on that day.

Is there anyway I can find out if my name check is done or not?
And after I-140 approval, how long does it take to get the FP notice? any trend?

GP111, you are great.
Thanks

gp111 said:
No. You can't use National ID Card / Degrees/ Passport / DL or Consulate BC as alternative to BC.

All you need is a non avalibility cert ( A letter from your town/city birth records office that BC Records are not available) and 2 affidivates from your parents/relatives that you ware born on that day.

tantan said:
I was refering to those of us who didn't get the biometric/FP instruction on the receipts. That would be those of us with ND before Aug ~15. Yours' obviouly different.

I don't think the FP notice comes after name check - they have a std. response for certain questions e.g. I sent them an email letting them know that the SJ ASC just turned us back when we arrived for our scheduled FP based on the 485 receipt and the response I got was that the said 485 app. has not been approved yet - name has been sent for name check...blah blah .. Then I had my lawyer check on that and they got an identical response!!

San Jose ASC - Going early for Biometrics appointment

Did anyone visit the San Jose, CA ASC earlier than the scheduled biometrics appointment? Could you please share your experience?
Could you get the biometrics done earlier?
Did you provide any justification for visiting earlier than the scheduled date?

Thanks in advance
--GG

global_goonda said:
Did anyone visit the San Jose, CA ASC earlier than the scheduled biometrics appointment? Could you please share your experience?
Could you get the biometrics done earlier?
Did you provide any justification for visiting earlier than the scheduled date?

Thanks in advance
--GG

There is no problem to have your biometrics test done at san jose, CA ASC earlier as long as you have your offical fingerprint notice. Otherwise they will kick you out. I have mine done last week at san jose. it is a month earlier than my schedule.

Question: I see my I-485 LUD changed right next day of my bio. test. But no message changed. Does anyone have the same experience? Please share!

easterstr said:
There is no problem to have your biometrics test done at san jose, CA ASC earlier as long as you have your offical fingerprint notice. Otherwise they will kick you out. I have mine done last week at san jose. it is a month earlier than my schedule.

Question: I see my I-485 LUD changed right next day of my bio. test. But no message changed. Does anyone have the same experience? Please share!
I did FP Sep. 23, and the first LUD is just a update without any message change, and then my wife got a second LUC saying the case resumed, but I havent got that yet.