CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

FP Issues !

Today, I went for FP based on I-485 Receipt Notice. I had an appointment today. ASC told that they no longer do FP based on I-485 notice. They told I need to wait for actual FP notice from USCIS. When I called 1-800 number on I-485 receipt notice and asked about this confusion. That lady was so arrogant and she just had one answer for all my questions, which "NO" ! I just don't understand what for she is working there and why she bothered to pick my call, if she can't answer any of my questions?

I'm going to have a conference with my attorney today afternoon ...

Gurus, Help me here to understand this process ...

I'm afraid that ...

1. USCIS shouldn't think that I already appeared for FP Appointment and not to send me a separate FP notice.
OR
2. USCIS shouldn't think that I didn't appear for FP appointment on Oct 5, 2005. This would cause further delay in this processing.

Where should I call and get clarified?

Let me know ...

Thanks

nikedude said:
Updated XL sheet.

Anyone knows when I'll be able to apply for SSN for my wife ?
Is it after receiving EAD or should I have to wait until 485 gets cleared ?

Thanks.

After receiving EAD

dkgdkg said:
Today, I went for FP based on I-485 Receipt Notice. I had an appointment today. ASC told that they no longer do FP based on I-485 notice. They told I need to wait for actual FP notice from USCIS. When I called 1-800 number on I-485 receipt notice and asked about this confusion. That lady was so arrogant and she just had one answer for all my questions, which "NO" ! I just don't understand what for she is working there and why she bothered to pick my call, if she can't answer any of my questions?

I'm going to have a conference with my attorney today afternoon ...

Gurus, Help me here to understand this process ...

I'm afraid that ...

1. USCIS shouldn't think that I already appeared for FP Appointment and not to send me a separate FP notice.
OR
2. USCIS shouldn't think that I didn't appear for FP appointment on Oct 5, 2005. This would cause further delay in this processing.

Let me know ...

Thanks

Which service center di you go to??

dkgdkg said:
Why don't your try another nearby ASC.

No. They will need your FP / Results of FP to process I-485 SO they will send you FP notice

OR

It will not make much of a difference. They will send you FP notice whenever they need it.

Let me know ...

Thanks

Thanks GP ... I went to San Jose ASC at Charcot Ave ...

Attorney is asking me to wait for actual FP notice ... because of this retrogression and these confussion, FP notice might be delayed ... She told that I'll be getting one FP notice ...

sometime ago, I read something in this forum that processing of I-140 will start after namecheck is clear. Does anybody know for sure if this is true or not. and if it is true, RFE for I-140 means namecheck is clear or not?

Thanks

GC_RD_April said:
i thought the dates are retrogressed so there won't be any movement of 485 dates. Is INS processing already submitted 485 applications?

not everyone is affected by retrogression and also the dates are still pre-retrogression!

shahramt said:
sometime ago, I read something in this forum that processing of I-140 will start after namecheck is clear. Does anybody know for sure if this is true or not. and if it is true, RFE for I-140 means namecheck is clear or not?

Thanks

My impression was that for I-485 to be done, I-140 should be approved and
name check should be cleared not other way around. I guess 140 will be
processed regardless of name check.

Name check will be initiated by FP. FP will be send out to FBI/Home-land for
verification...

Isn't that how it works?

tantan said:

verification...

Isn't that how it works?

makes sense but not sure if CSC does that. Seems CSC is changing the procedure everyday. looks like people are getting FP notice almost the same time they recieve the application reciept notices!

tantan said:

verification...

Isn't that how it works?

Name check has no connections with FP.. FP is for Finger Print Match with Criminal Database. While Name check is checking if any combination of your name matches with FBI List. Name Check takes a long time ( 2 to 3 months on average & more if slight match found) while FP takes about a week.

gp111 said:
Name check has no connections with FP.. FP is for Finger Print Match with Criminal Database. While Name check is checking if any combination of your name matches with FBI List. Name Check takes a long time ( 2 to 3 months on average & more if slight match found) while FP takes about a week.

Thanks. Do you know when the namecheck is initiated?

applying SSN

HI GP111,
thanks for clarifying doubts.
You are better than so many lawyers. I guess you are better off as immigration lawyer in both work and money you can make, than being an engineer. You not only have information but also have zeal to help others. My sincere thanks to you.

Today we went to local SSN office for applying SS number for my wife. They took a copy of our application and EAD card and told us that "We don't find your information in our system. Probably it might take few days. And SSN may take 4 weeks".

Does anyone got SSN immediately ?
What is the typical duration it takes?
Is there anything, that we can do proactively for this?

Thanks

calif_guy said:
HI GP111,
thanks for clarifying doubts.

Today we went to local SSN office for applying SS number for my wife. They took a copy of our application and EAD card and told us that "We don't find your information in our system. Probably it might take few days. And SSN may take 4 weeks".

Does anyone got SSN immediately ?
What is the typical duration it takes?
Is there anything, that we can do proactively for this?

Thanks

No one gets SSN immediately. It takes 2 weeks to get SS Card anyway. If DHS has not updated their database then it might take one week more.

Hi GP111,
My current wage does not match the wage shows on LC. My question is when does my company have to get start to pay me as they promised on LC? After 140 or 485 approval?

J20022005 said:
Hi GP111,
My current wage does not match the wage shows on LC. My question is when does my company have to get start to pay me as they promised on LC? After 140 or 485 approval?

After getting GC (485 approval)

Biometrics Appoitment letter received

I filed my I485 and I140 on sept 22 at CSC. I recieved the receipts yesterday. I just checked my mail I received Appoinment letter for Biometerics to be done on OCT 19 for me and my wife. But today before I received the mail I scheduled an appointment as per I485 reciept. Will my appointment as mentioned on the Appointment letter is still vaid or it gets cancelled because I scheduled an appointment. The appointment date on the letter is earlier than what I got when I called them. Can I still go on the date and time mentioned in the appointment letter. Anyone can you please advice what I need to do.

Thanks