CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

USCIS Normal Processing

Got this from another forum:

Normal Processing: The first step is the receipt of mail. Mail is generally opened within twenty-four hours of receipt. The majority of mail arrives on Monday (40%) and Friday (20%). The other three days of the week share an equal amount of mail. Because of the volume of mail arriving on the two busiest days, sending a case via express mail to arrive on either of those days does not ensure faster processing. The lower volumes of mail arriving on Tuesdays means that the mail is usually opened by Tuesday evening.

Applications are stamped with the time and date of physical receipt, not the time and date they are actually opened. Mail with fees enclosed is routed immediately to mail assembly. Cases that are filed prematurely (before the applicant was eligible or met the legal criteria) or that were filed on an outdated form are prepared for manual rejection at this point. Cases lacking proper signature or correct fee are identified for system rejection.

Mail without a fee enclosed is considered correspondence and is sorted by type, if the appropriate destination can be quickly determined. If mailroom personnel are unsure as to the routing, the material is sent to the Customer Contact Services unit where it is read and either responded to or routed to the appropriate division for action.

Properly filed cases and cases flagged for system rejections are then forwarded to the Data Entry unit. In the Data Entry unit, information is keyed into the USCIS computer system and fees processed.

The Data Entry unit collects the appropriate fee or when necessary, rejects the case if the fee is incorrect or the form is not signed. If a case is not clearly acceptable, it is immediately passed to our Case Resolution unit for review. If they are unable to overcome the obstacle to processing, the case is returned to the applicant/petitioner for correction. Receipt or rejection notices are generated during Data Entry and mailed no later than the next morning.

Fee receipts are printed and mailed after the electronic record is created. This means the date on the fee receipt may be different from the date the mail was received for priority date purposes.

Once the fee has been properly receipted and the electronic records created, cases are routed to the Work Distribution unit to await a call for work by the Product Line or Field Office.

If the application will be adjudicated at the Service Center, an Adjudications Officer will review the case; the appropriate data (including cable requests) will be noted on a processing sheet and forwarded with the application/petition to the clerical section. The system is then updated, and the completed application or petition is sent to the file room, consulate or other appropriate office, and original documents are returned as required.

The Center makes every effort to process each application/petition without returning it for further information. Applications that are well prepared take less time to process, thereby facilitating faster processing of all cases. Therefore, to help applicants better prepare cases and applications before sending them to us, please refer to our General Tips on Assembling Applications for Mailing. Following these procedures will help us to serve applicants better and faster.

We just need another Icarus.

Good Reading. Thanks.

Undy said:
Got this from another forum:

Normal Processing: The first step is the receipt of mail. Mail is generally opened within twenty-four hours of receipt. The majority of mail arrives on Monday (40%) and Friday (20%). The other three days of the week share an equal amount of mail. Because of the volume of mail arriving on the two busiest days, sending a case via express mail to arrive on either of those days does not ensure faster processing. The lower volumes of mail arriving on Tuesdays means that the mail is usually opened by Tuesday evening.

Applications are stamped with the time and date of physical receipt, not the time and date they are actually opened. Mail with fees enclosed is routed immediately to mail assembly. Cases that are filed prematurely (before the applicant was eligible or met the legal criteria) or that were filed on an outdated form are prepared for manual rejection at this point. Cases lacking proper signature or correct fee are identified for system rejection.

Mail without a fee enclosed is considered correspondence and is sorted by type, if the appropriate destination can be quickly determined. If mailroom personnel are unsure as to the routing, the material is sent to the Customer Contact Services unit where it is read and either responded to or routed to the appropriate division for action.

Properly filed cases and cases flagged for system rejections are then forwarded to the Data Entry unit. In the Data Entry unit, information is keyed into the USCIS computer system and fees processed.

The Data Entry unit collects the appropriate fee or when necessary, rejects the case if the fee is incorrect or the form is not signed. If a case is not clearly acceptable, it is immediately passed to our Case Resolution unit for review. If they are unable to overcome the obstacle to processing, the case is returned to the applicant/petitioner for correction. Receipt or rejection notices are generated during Data Entry and mailed no later than the next morning.

Fee receipts are printed and mailed after the electronic record is created. This means the date on the fee receipt may be different from the date the mail was received for priority date purposes.

Once the fee has been properly receipted and the electronic records created, cases are routed to the Work Distribution unit to await a call for work by the Product Line or Field Office.

If the application will be adjudicated at the Service Center, an Adjudications Officer will review the case; the appropriate data (including cable requests) will be noted on a processing sheet and forwarded with the application/petition to the clerical section. The system is then updated, and the completed application or petition is sent to the file room, consulate or other appropriate office, and original documents are returned as required.

The Center makes every effort to process each application/petition without returning it for further information. Applications that are well prepared take less time to process, thereby facilitating faster processing of all cases. Therefore, to help applicants better prepare cases and applications before sending them to us, please refer to our General Tips on Assembling Applications for Mailing. Following these procedures will help us to serve applicants better and faster.

New from labor certification.

I am sorry if this has been asked before. Could someone tell me what is RD and ND in I140 stage mean? I am new from Labor certified forum.

General Tips on Assembling Applications for Mailing

Some more from the same source:

General Tips on Assembling Applications for Mailing

Mark both the envelope and the cover letter as to the nature of the submission. Example: ORIGINAL SUBMISSION - BRIEF FOR AN APPEAL - RESPONSE TO REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION - etc.

Use the appropriate mailing address and mark both the envelope and the cover letter as to the form type. Example: I-129; I-130; I-690; I-698, etc.

Provide both the receipt notice number and the A-Number as an identifier, if they are available.

If the packet is being resubmitted in response to a REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE, please place the notice requesting the additional evidence/information on the top of the packet. Also, please use the special mailing envelope provided.

If evidence is being submitted in support of a previously filed appeal or motion, a cover letter stating "BRIEF FOR APPEAL", etc., should be placed on top of the packet.

In preparing your packet, please take note of the following:

Do not use binders or folders that cannot be easily disassembled.

Use ACCO fasteners to hold together thick or bulky applications or petitions. Two-hole punching the top of the material for easy placement in the file is appreciated.

The use of tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. The tabs should be placed on the bottom and not the side for ease in filing.

Avoid using heavy-duty staples; instead use ACCO fasteners or heavy clips.

Avoid submitting originals unless specifically required (Forms I-94, Labor certifications, etc). Avoid submitting oversized documentation when possible.

If you are sending more than one case in an envelope, clearly separate the cases by rubber band or clip fasteners.

A form G-28 is not acceptable unless signed by the authorized representative and the petitioner (re: petitions) or the applicant (re: applications). Facsimile signature stamps are acceptable for the signature of the representatives. However, applicants/petitioners must live sign the initial Form G-28 submitted with the application/petition. Any subsequent Form G-28 relating to the same case may be a photocopy of the original, which should be already attached to the relating case.

Send copies of any prior approval notices with any new requests for extensions of stay, change of status or amended petitions.

Keep copies of all submissions. Don't assume the officer will have access to a prior file or record. Submit as complete a packet as possible so the case can be adjudicated from what you submit. Submit a complete packet of information for each petition or application. If officers have to review prior files or records, the adjudication of the case can be delayed substantially.

Be sure to complete all pertinent items on the petition or application. Ensure all entries on the forms are legible. Note the appropriate consulate, embassy, or a request to adjust status on the petition. Do not enter "N/A" when "None" is appropriate.

If you believe your situation to be unique, explain it fully in an attachment to the packet, not as a cover letter.

Please submit certified translations for all foreign language documents. The translator must certify that s/he is competent to translate and that the translation is accurate. The certification format should include the certifier's name, signature, address, and date of certification. A suggested format is:

Certification by Translator

I typed name , certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled .

Signature Date Typed Name Address

Ray S. said:
what about region? do we need to work within a certain radius of the region where the labor was filed? can we work in Illinois if labor was approved in California after 140 approval and 6months of 485 elapsing?

AC-21 allows you to work for any employer in any state of US as long as the job is same/similar

Fingerprinting mess

I just came back from the ASC in San Jose @ Charcot Ave. Had a confirmed time wih a confrmation number but they didn't go beyond looking at the receipt notice. No ASC code so apparently they don't know what to do and have been instructed by INS to accept formal FP notices with explicit ASC code mentioned. This info I got from the center supervisor who I spoke with!!

No idea what the hell is going on - I am going to be writing to the center in Monterey - no idea if its going to help though

Thanks. Non- retrogessed country.
gp111 said:
You need to submit Medical Examination (I-693) with I-485. Medical Examination does not take much time (30 minutes) & you will get reports in a day or two. I guess you are from non retrogressed country (or your PD is 1999/1998).

regardign salary while switching jobs on EAD

HI GP111 and gurus,
Pl answer these. Thanks much for your help.

you gave following answer for my question.

"Originally Posted by calif_guy
Hi GP111 and gurus
If someone in EB2 category, with EAD and I-140 approved and after 180 days of filing I-485 wants to switch jobs :
I know we need to join the job with same requirements as in labor filing app.
But, do we need to have a progressively increasing salaray ?
as long as salary is same/more than in LC app is good enough"

But some one told me that for EB2 and EB1 salary should be in progressive way if we want to switch jobs ? so, based on your answer this is wrong. Am i correct?

my second question is : what do we need to get SSN for spouse after getting EAD ?

Thanks much for your help,

I-140, 765, 485 - Aug 29, 05
EAD approved - Sep 28, 05
EAD cards received Oct 3 , 05

calif_guy said:
HI GP111 and gurus,
Pl answer these. Thanks much for your help.

you gave following answer for my question.

"Originally Posted by calif_guy
Hi GP111 and gurus
If someone in EB2 category, with EAD and I-140 approved and after 180 days of filing I-485 wants to switch jobs :
I know we need to join the job with same requirements as in labor filing app.
But, do we need to have a progressively increasing salaray ?
as long as salary is same/more than in LC app is good enough"

But some one told me that for EB2 and EB1 salary should be in progressive way if we want to switch jobs ? so, based on your answer this is wrong. Am i correct?

Yes. that is not correct info. There is no such requirements. As long as Job is same/similar & Salary is > PW mentioned in LC you are good to go.

my second question is : what do we need to get SSN for spouse after getting EAD ?

Go to Nearby SS office with Passport & EAD. After applying it may take up to two weeks for getting the SS card.

Thanks much for your help,

I-140, 765, 485 - Aug 29, 05
EAD approved - Sep 28, 05
EAD cards received Oct 3 , 05

All

For those who filed for I-140/I-485 around 27th September and have received their receipt notice, please post the details in this forum.

Thanks...Inque

Receipt Notice.

Hi GP111,

My lawyer sent my 140/485 application to CSC on sep20 and reached there on sep 21st, I have fedex confirmation, but still(Oct 4th) didn't get the receipt notice, do you think I should wait for some more time or Do I need to contact CSC.

Thanks in advance..

I sent my package to CSC on Sep 15, got the receipt notice on 26. The RD showed is Sep 23, Notice Date is Sep 24. My lawyer just received the finger print notice too, which is scheduled on Oct 14. You might want to check with CSC?

LAzzbear said:
I sent my package to CSC on Sep 15, got the receipt notice on 26. The RD showed is Sep 23, Notice Date is Sep 24. My lawyer just received the finger print notice too, which is scheduled on Oct 14. You might want to check with CSC?

Hey your notice date sep 24th is saturday is that right?

Lucky2005 said:
Hi GP111,

My lawyer sent my 140/485 application to CSC on sep20 and reached there on sep 21st, I have fedex confirmation, but still(Oct 4th) didn't get the receipt notice, do you think I should wait for some more time or Do I need to contact CSC.

Thanks in advance..

There must be tones of applications received in last couple of week at Service Centers. I would not worry much & wait for couple of weeks more before contacting CSC.

LAzzbear said:

Your lawyer recd. the FP notice!! Could you elaborate on that? Is it the notice on I485 receipt notice or something else?

Thanks

biometrics notice of action

Hi Everybody,

I had filed the (EB2 based) 485 application in Sept 2005 and received the biometrics notice of action (I 797 C) Code 3 today.

Could somebody please tell me how many more such notices are sent ? Any guesses of time intervals after which such notices are sent ?

This one came within like 2 weeks of filing the 485 in California.

What happens if you miss any such notice cause you were out on vacation or something ?

Thanks
Sonu