CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

for sub-labor cases, isnt there are rule somewhere saying you cannot file concurrent ?

WhyThisDelay said:
I created the online account. But it is asking for LIN# or some sort of applicaiton id. I dont have any id. Does this come with the receipt notice of 485?

Thanks.

tantan said:
gp111, any new LUDs on your I-140?
shahramt, magdalena, have you guys recieved the RFE yet?

Nop.. Last LUD on I-140 was 09/13/2005 with same messge of "Received on blah blah blah.."

WhyThisDelay said:
I created the online account. But it is asking for LIN# or some sort of applicaiton id. I dont have any id. Does this come with the receipt notice of 485?

Thanks.

You need Receipt Numbers (in case of CSC it starts with WAC05********). You (Your attorney) will receive receipt (I-797C) for each application (485/140/EAD/AP) in about 2 weeks after they receive the package.

qwerty1111 said:
for sub-labor cases, isnt there are rule somewhere saying you cannot file concurrent ?

No. There is no such rule like that.
Attornies prefer not to file Concurrent with Sub labor because they don't want to waste money / afforts on I-485/EAD/AP if I-140 gets rejected (the substitution does not match !!)

tantan said:
gp111, any new LUDs on your I-140?
shahramt, magdalena, have you guys recieved the RFE yet?

Not recieved the RFE yet. will let you know as soon as I get it.
Seems INS sends the mails by something other than the regular mail. Maybe a man on a horse in coming right now from Laguna Niguel with my RFE in his handsl!!

Will retrogression affect us?

Hi,

I filed my I-140/I-485/EAD/AP last friday: Sept 23rd. Don't have the receipt yet.

However, the visa numbers are going to retrogress severly beginning Oct 1st. Will this affect us? Does anyone know if this affects the I-485 applications already filed? I know they will not accept any new I-485 applications, so I had to rush to get this out before Sept 30th.

Thanks,

/r

Eb2, CA

PS: gp111, good to see you again :) You were very helpful in the Dallas BEC thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
DO we have to go to FP again after 15 months

gp111 said:
No. I have not got FP yet. (My ND is Aug 02 & only folks with ND Aug 15 & beyond got Bio/FP sheduling info on 485 Receipt).

You will see the message of FP received in few days & you need not go to FP now for next 15 months.

Hi Gp111,
Thankyou very much for your response. But I did not not understand what you mean! Are you talking about ND in 2005 after applying together? Again why do we have to go to FP after 15 months for the second time? And also do we get a FP notice again for the second time? Please Advice. Once again thankyou very much for your help.

rajibghosh said:
Hi,

I filed my I-140/I-485/EAD/AP last friday: Sept 23rd. Don't have the receipt yet.

However, the visa numbers are going to retrogress severly beginning Oct 1st. Will this affect us? Does anyone know if this affects the I-485 applications already filed? I know they will not accept any new I-485 applications, so I had to rush to get this out before Sept 30th.

Thanks,
/r
Eb2, CA
PS: gp111, good to see you again :) You were very helpful in the Dallas BEC thread.

I bieleve it does affect all of us. Please take a look at this:
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_retuse.html

"
Question 1. My I-485 is already pending or will be filed by the end of September 2005. If my case is filed before retrogression / cutoff dates are established in my category, do I need to worry about all of this? Is my case affected?

Yes and yes. In order to file the I-485, there must be a currently available visa number. However, to obtain the I-485 approval there must also be a currently available visa number. Thus, those who have I-485s filed, or who will get them filed while the priority dates are available for their cases, still need to be concerned about retrogression and cutoff dates. The pending I-485 cases cannot be approved until the visa number becomes available sometime in the future. People with these cases will be able to wait this out and obtain employment authorization document extensions and advance parole extensions year after year. Their green cards will await the availability of the visa number in the particular visa category, however.

Question 2. My I-485 is pending but, as of October 1, 2005, the priority date will be unavailable. Can the USCIS deny my case on this basis? Can they tell me to re-file it once the visa numbers are available?

No. The pending I-485 case generally will remain pending until the visa number becomes available. The I-485 potentially can always be denied for some reason unrelated to visa numbers and retrogression. The lack of the visa number for a pending case, however, does not create the basis for a denial.
"

cavenkat said:
Hi Gp111,
Thankyou very much for your response. But I did not not understand what you mean! Are you talking about ND in 2005 after applying together? Again why do we have to go to FP after 15 months for the second time? And also do we get a FP notice again for the second time? Please Advice. Once again thankyou very much for your help.

My ND is Aug 02, 2005 and ONLY FOLKS with ND of Aug 15 2005 and beyond have instructions about scheduling FP in the I-485 receipt. No Mention of FP in my Receipt so I will have to wait till they send me FP notice.

Yes, if your GC is not approved in 15 months you will have to go for FP again.

hope this helps

I dont know about that - but I do know that my attorney has filed concurrently for me using a sub LC.

My original 2003 LC application is still gathering dust at BEC without any 45 day letter. So it was such a relief when my co. allowed me to file concurrently using sub lc.

qwerty1111 said:

gp111 said:
My ND is Aug 02, 2005 and ONLY FOLKS with ND of Aug 15 2005 and beyond have instructions about scheduling FP in the I-485 receipt. No Mention of FP in my Receipt so I will have to wait till they send me FP notice.

hope this helps

The instruction on the receipt notice is to schedule a biometrics appnt. and there's enough confusion about whether it is the same as FP as there are cases both of guys getting 10 fingers printed and having just one finger (possibly index!) printed!! Mine's due this Tuesday so fingers are crossed (as always :))

I recd. another pair of emails from CRIS again that the cards should arrive in 14 days. For the AP, the second set of emails I recd. were from USCIS-CSSO.

As an info for others, the AP was recd. 2 weeks after the first email.

Nother1inline....

Which document had your e-mail address. Does USCIS inform about the approvals by e-mail also ?

Inque

nother1inline said:
I recd. another pair of emails from CRIS again that the cards should arrive in 14 days. For the AP, the second set of emails I recd. were from USCIS-CSSO.

As an info for others, the AP was recd. 2 weeks after the first email.

Thanks GP1111

gp111 said:

hope this helps

Thank you GP111. You are always helpful. So, Biometrics validity for 15months :)

Hi All,
My lawyer received the receipt dates yesterday for my 140/485/AP/EAD
The receipt date was sep'21 and notice date was sep'23
Is the Finger printing notice sent to the lawyer along with the receipt or is it sent to the applicant.

Thanks

gp111 said:

hope this helps

inque said:
Which document had your e-mail address. Does USCIS inform about the approvals by e-mail also ?

Inque

You can setup Email Notifications in your USCIS online account (once you receive Receipt Numbers)

ravi_kiran99 said:
Hi All,
My lawyer received the receipt dates yesterday for my 140/485/AP/EAD
The receipt date was sep'21 and notice date was sep'23
Is the Finger printing notice sent to the lawyer along with the receipt or is it sent to the applicant.

Thanks

FP Scheduing Info will be there in I-485 receipt itself. Here is an example

How much time I140 approval takes?

Assuming there is 1 RFE (which I heard is common for sub LCs), how much time would it normally take for I-140 to clear?

When should biometrics be scheduled?

Considering there is little hope for case to get adjuctiated within next one year, does it make sense to have biometrics done asap? If we do it too soon, we'll have to get it done again after one year.

Doesnt it make more sense to get it done 6-12 months down the road?

Gurus please comment.