CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

form g-28

My 485 was filed on Sept 21st, I received the biometrics notice today with code 3 for me and my wife.

Since its code 3 you will not receive any more notices for biometrics as of now. If 15 months pass and 485 is not adjudicated, then biometrics notice for code 1 is sent again.

Your lawyer also receives a copy of these kind of notices. If you have filed form G-28 along with your 485, your lawyer can reschedule appts if and when you are on vacation.

sonupv said:
Hi Everybody,

I had filed the (EB2 based) 485 application in Sept 2005 and received the biometrics notice of action (I 797 C) Code 3 today.

Could somebody please tell me how many more such notices are sent ? Any guesses of time intervals after which such notices are sent ?

This one came within like 2 weeks of filing the 485 in California.

What happens if you miss any such notice cause you were out on vacation or something ?

Thanks
Sonu

Any Expert Please Help.

sonupv said:
Hi Everybody,

I had filed the (EB2 based) 485 application in Sept 2005 and received the biometrics notice of action (I 797 C) Code 3 today.

Could somebody please tell me how many more such notices are sent ? Any guesses of time intervals after which such notices are sent ?

This one came within like 2 weeks of filing the 485 in California.

What happens if you miss any such notice cause you were out on vacation or something ?

Thanks
Sonu

Hi,

Did you get your I-485 receipt? if yes, does it have a biometrics appointment section in the receipt?
I filed I-485 on Sept 8th, got the receipt with the biometrics section. However I did not get the I797 code 3.

I called and made an appointment, I went to the ASC in san jose they took only one finger print , photo, and signature.

Can anyone explain about this and how soon can I get the code 3 FP done?

Thank you

My Lawyer got the 485 receipt and I haven't seen a copy so can't say what's on it yet. Will get a copy of that receipt shortly.

But I got this biometrics notice of action (I 797 C) Code 3 sent directly to me today.

It has the date,time and location where my appointment for biometrics (whatever it means) has already been fixed as per this notice.

Am I supposed to get more such FP or biometics notices down the line ?

Sonu

Starting a business in EAD?

Hello GP111 and Gurus,

Can my wife start a business using her EAD? She is currently in H-4...
If she can start is there any restriction on type of business or can open any business?

Can she officially register the business in US on her name...

Also is it possible to revert back to H-4 from EAD without going out of US in case of any issues in 140 or 485?

Gurus please advice.

shaaka said:
Hello GP111 and Gurus,

Can my wife start a business using her EAD?

YES

She is currently in H-4...
If she can start is there any restriction on type of business or can open any business?

No, Restrictions

Can she officially register the business in US on her name...

Yes.. Any one can (Visa status does not matter for business registration)

Also is it possible to revert back to H-4 from EAD without going out of US in case of any issues in 140 or 485?

She will be on H4 only even if she uses EAD for work, She will only loose H4 if you loose H1

Gurus please advice.

Gurus...

Does the attorney receive the I-140/I-485 Receipt notices and the EAD card or will I get them at my mailing address ?

Same as sonupv, I guess. I got the 485 receipt 10 days ago, with the biometrics section. So I called my lawyer yesterday to ask whether I should call by myself to make the FP appointment. Then he said, no need to call...I just received ur FP notice, they assigned one for u. When I went back home yesterday, I got one separate copy of the FP notice (I-797) in mail too.

nother1inline said:
Your lawyer recd. the FP notice!! Could you elaborate on that? Is it the notice on I485 receipt notice or something else?

Thanks

qwerty1111 said:
ead - you
notices - attorney
ap - dont know

You get the two same AP copies. Attorney gets the AP notice.
Unlike EAD, addresses are hand-written on the AP envelope. That makes
them take longer to process and vulnerable to human mistakes.

LAzzbear said:
Same as sonupv, I guess. I got the 485 receipt 10 days ago, with the biometrics section. So I called my lawyer yesterday to ask whether I should call by myself to make the FP appointment. Then he said, no need to call...I just received ur FP notice, they assigned one for u. When I went back home yesterday, I got one separate copy of the FP notice (I-797) in mail too.

Hey LAzzbear, I haven't seen a copy of the 485 receipt. My lawyer forgot to send that to me (You know how that is :rolleyes: ). I just got this biometrics notics of action. Does you 485 receipt say anything about bringing that receipt to the biometrics/FP appointment.

My I-797 notice just says to bring that notice document to the appointment.

Thanks
Sonu

last update was on Sept20 - updates are every 15days, so that means today.

interestingly the other centers - nsc, vsc, tsc all seem to have published their dates already

tantan said:
The one prior to this one was Sept 8. In the next few days if not today!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, in the lower part of 485 receipt, they showed a 800 number and let u call this no. to schedule ur biometrics. Since u already got the FP notice, I think u don't need to call, if u'r satisfied with the date they gave u. Just bring the FP notice and ID with u on that day should be fine.

sonupv said:
Hey LAzzbear, I haven't seen a copy of the 485 receipt. My lawyer forgot to send that to me (You know how that is :rolleyes: ). I just got this biometrics notics of action. Does you 485 receipt say anything about bringing that receipt to the biometrics/FP appointment.

My I-797 notice just says to bring that notice document to the appointment.

Thanks
Sonu

Updated XL sheet.

Anyone knows when I'll be able to apply for SSN for my wife ?
Is it after receiving EAD or should I have to wait until 485 gets cleared ?

Thanks.

qwerty1111 said:

interestingly the other centers - nsc, vsc, tsc all seem to have published their dates already

Right. I meant the one before Sept 20 was Sept 8.

qwerty1111 said:

Where did you find the info about other centers. The website still shows Sep 20 for all service centers.