CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

gp111 said:
FP Scheduing Info will be there in I-485 receipt itself. Here is an example

Gp111,

Thanks for the response.
Another quick question, was anyone on this forum able to get successful biometrics using this receipt notice. I have read that people are being turned down and are being told to come back when they get the Biometrics notice.

Thanks

ravi_kiran99 said:
Gp111,

Thanks for the response.
Another quick question, was anyone on this forum able to get successful biometrics using this receipt notice. I have read that people are being turned down and are being told to come back when they get the Biometrics notice.

Thanks

Look at the excel sheet that's floating around and that'll tell you how many guys have gone for the biometrics using the receipt notice. Most common confusion is 1 finger versus 10 !

ravi_kiran99 said:
Gp111,

Thanks for the response.

Thanks

Only in Couple of cases people ware turned down & some cases ASC did Code-2 (Index Finger, Photo, Signature) But it most cases ASC does Code-3 (10 fingers, Photo, Signature) with Bio info on I-485 receipt.

Magdalena said:
I-140 approved

Congratulations!

I remember you said you got an RFE on 140. May I know what it was about?
And how long did it take to respond to the RFE? Thanks.

Did anyone try to get a SSN for spouse after EAD approval ?

From what I understand

- fill in ss5 form
- take birth cert + passport + ead card

to nearest SS office.

any suggestions for when to go (day/time) during the week ?

Please post your experiences.

Thanks.

tantan said:
Congratulations!

I remember you said you got an RFE on 140. May I know what it was about?
And how long did it take to respond to the RFE? Thanks.

Thanks! The RFE was issued as piece of evidence was missing. So, they didn't ask for anything extra. In my case online status has been updated, so I could track the activity. Here is the timeline:

RD 06/17/05
ND 06/23/05
RFE request by USCIS 09/13/05 (LUD and message update)
RFE received by attorneys 09/21/05
RFE response by attorneys 09/21/05
RFE received by USCIS 09/28/05 (LUD and message update)
AD 09/29/05 (LUD and message update)
Approval notice mailed 09/30/05 (LUD and message update)

qwerty1111 said:
From what I understand

- fill in ss5 form
- take birth cert + passport + ead card

to nearest SS office.

any suggestions for when to go (day/time) during the week ?

Please post your experiences.

Thanks.

Go to nearest SS office any time of the day with PP & EAD.. No BC is required.

GP - one question

Do full time studies rhyme well with EAD ? can one do/be on both simultaneously ?

and thanks for the super fast reply.

Form I-485 question

I am looking at form I-485 first time, and have a question. I could not understand if the Medical Examination (I-693) is a part of I-485. And whether it is possible to submit I-485 first and then go through the Med Exam part.

Thanks for your help.
MA001

qwerty1111 said:
How so ? Isnt it true that a person needs to be working when 485 is adjudicated ? I'm assuming full time studies mean not fulltime work.

USCIS does not have any problems as long as you can manage it !.. As far as USCIS is concerend, you should be working in same/similar Job profile (mentioned in LC) till you get your GC (& also work in same/similar job for atleast sometime after you get GC).

changing jobs on EAD and salary

gp111 said:
USCIS does not have any problems as long as you can manage it !.. As far as USCIS is concerend, you should be working in same/similar Job profile (mentioned in LC) till you get your GC (& also work in same/similar job for atleast sometime after you get GC).

Hi GP111 and gurus
If someone in EB2 category, with EAD and I-140 approved and after 180 days of filing I-485 wants to switch jobs :
I know we need to join the job with same requirements as in labor filing app.
But, do we need to have a progressively increasing salaray ?
OR as long as salary is more than in LC app is good enough?

Thanks much for your time

calif_guy said:
Hi GP111 and gurus
If someone in EB2 category, with EAD and I-140 approved and after 180 days of filing I-485 wants to switch jobs :
I know we need to join the job with same requirements as in labor filing app.
But, do we need to have a progressively increasing salaray ?
as long as salary is same/more than in LC app is good enough

Thanks much for your time

Last edited by a moderator:
MA001 said:
I am looking at form I-485 first time, and have a question. I could not understand if the Medical Examination (I-693) is a part of I-485. And whether it is possible to submit I-485 first and then go through the Med Exam part.

Thanks for your help.
MA001

You need to submit Medical Examination (I-693) with I-485. Medical Examination does not take much time (30 minutes) & you will get reports in a day or two. I guess you are from non retrogressed country (or your PD is 1999/1998).

Recieved the RFE today. It was about the special registration of people from Iran, Libya, Iraq, Syria and Sudan. They need a copy of I-94 that is signed by INS when they got the finger prints and photo.