CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

6'th Year H1 / Filing PERM

Hi perm_faq

Thanks a lot for the clarification.

Earlier I was under the impression that to get a 7'th year extension your LC should be filed at least 365 days ago, irrespective of whether your LC was approved or not. That would have meant that people who got approved in PERM but had applied LC less than 365 days ago would be disqualified from applying the 7'th year extension.

I was thinking of applying for a backup PERM ( Just in case Murphy's law came true during I-140 ). Maybe I can hold off for now as my 6 year period is about 15 months away. As PERM takes roughly 6 months at most I think I should be good even if I apply the PERM 6 months later when I would still have 9 months left on my 6 year period. Let me know if I am making a mistake here.

perm_faq said:
extension from 5/1/06 to 3/11/07 (6 year period ) --> Allowed
extension from 5/1/06 to 3/11/08 (6 year period + 1 year due to pending 1-140) --> Is not Allowed. Here is why?

You should have your LC pending for more than 365 days OR
Your LC approved, but I140 is still pending before you reach 6 year limit.

If your I140 is approved, but 485 is pending, then 3 year extension can be filed before 6 months of your max 6 year limit.

Hope that helps!

Since there were a lot of applications filed by Sep 30th due to retrogression, the I-140 processing dates might be stuck for a long time to come. In their last update, date for EB3 I-140 was Aug 2 and now it's Aug 3. It moved 1 day in probably a month. Some of the delay could be blamed for holidays I guess but it's still very discouraging.

Is anyone more optimistic than I am?

LUDs on 1/6/2006

Hi all and happy new year. I just checked my status on-line.
To my surprise (because I was so used to seeing no change fr months now), I have LUDS on our I-485 applications, but not on I-140 Here are the dates

I-140/I-485 ND : 7/27/2005
LUDs on I-140 : 7/28/2005
LUDs on I-485s : 7/28/2005, 1/6/2006
EAD (spouse) ND : 11/10/2005
LUDS on EAD : 11/20,21/2005, 12/1/2005, 12/10/2005
FP (spouse) : 12/7/2005

My wife's work permit expired on 12/30/2005, and USCIS
have been sitting on our application for 2 months, and
no LUDs on the EAD for almost a month now. Since she's
on winter break she's not working, but what should we do
if we don't get the EAD approved before the semester starts? Any thoughts?

rajrw said:
Congrats Daloon !!

Updated the excel sheet. Good to see 2 approvals and 1 RFE after a loooooooooong time.

Sanatima, L1A24, J20022005, Sanliergun
Can you please check the status and update if their is any change.

Thanks,
Raj.

if you consider eb-2 , dates havent changed for i140 since october mid 2005.
At that point it was july 29, today its still july 29 :(

Looks like these guys are permanently on vacation.

I suggest that if nothing happens by end of january, all CSC victims come forward to solve I140 Issues with CSC.

At high level

1) retrogression is already in for 485 (COmmunity is fghting back to solve this)

2) Labor certification backlog reduction mess (SFO dol original victims , victims at Philly, Dallas and CA swa, i feel sorry for you guys)

3)Another fight FOR I-140 wont really hurt :))

Regards
Arbit
CA PD AUG 2002
(CA dol victim)
Current CSC & retrogression victim

Hi arbit007,

Let's assume that our priority date becomes current (at least for some people) in few months because of comprehenssive immigration reform bill. If my I-140 is pending and not yet approved, can I still file for I-485/AOS as soon as priority date becomes current?

I think that's the case.

Endeavour2003:

You are welcome!

arbit007:

You are Right! CSC is way too slow than any other service center. But nothing we can do to speed it up. Tell me what you have other options ?

Endeavour2003 said:
Hi perm_faq

Thanks a lot for the clarification.

Earlier I was under the impression that to get a 7'th year extension your LC should be filed at least 365 days ago, irrespective of whether your LC was approved or not. That would have meant that people who got approved in PERM but had applied LC less than 365 days ago would be disqualified from applying the 7'th year extension.

I was thinking of applying for a backup PERM ( Just in case Murphy's law came true during I-140 ). Maybe I can hold off for now as my 6 year period is about 15 months away. As PERM takes roughly 6 months at most I think I should be good even if I apply the PERM 6 months later when I would still have 9 months left on my 6 year period. Let me know if I am making a mistake here.

Hi arbit007,

In my opinion, retrogression is far more important issue that I-140 processing time. If it wasn't for retrogression, lot of us would be able to do concurrent filing of I140 & I485 and despite the processing time we would still be able to get our EAD and be employer independent after 180 days of filing, isn't that true?

But since retrogression is the current reality, faster I-140 wouldn't help much although we could get 3 year extension on our H1-B as opposed to 1 year. My 2 cents.

arbit007 said:
if you consider eb-2 , dates havent changed for i140 since october mid 2005.
At that point it was july 29, today its still july 29 :(

Looks like these guys are permanently on vacation.

I suggest that if nothing happens by end of january, all CSC victims come forward to solve I140 Issues with CSC.

At high level

1) retrogression is already in for 485 (COmmunity is fghting back to solve this)

2) Labor certification backlog reduction mess (SFO dol original victims , victims at Philly, Dallas and CA swa, i feel sorry for you guys)

3)Another fight FOR I-140 wont really hurt :))

Regards
Arbit
CA PD AUG 2002
(CA dol victim)
Current CSC & retrogression victim

GCcard_dream
If retrogression is removed and your pd gets current, you can file 485
Only thing thats needed is i140 receipt notice (not i140 approval)
This is referred to as "semi concurrent " filing

To be really independent of employer you need i140 approved
Of course there are memos out which say, you can use ac21 once 180 days pass even without i140 approval, but thats too risky and untested.

i-140

Are you saying that if I-140 is approved, it is possible to switch jobs right away?

arbit007 said:
GCcard_dream
If retrogression is removed and your pd gets current, you can file 485
Only thing thats needed is i140 receipt notice (not i140 approval)
This is referred to as "semi concurrent " filing

To be really independent of employer you need i140 approved
Of course there are memos out which say, you can use ac21 once 180 days pass even without i140 approval, but thats too risky and untested.

Major Retrogression Reason....Family Based Green Card

Although I have no personal grudge against non-employment based Green Cards ( henceforth called BackDoor GreenCard ) it is no doubt a key reason why we are in this "Retrogression Mousetrap".

In the year 2004 for eg only 16.4% of the 1 million Green Cards issued went to employment based categories. ie; almost 83.6% went to non-employment based categories including Spouse, Siblings, Refugees, etc...

There are no doubt genuine cases. However 80% of these categories do not deserve to be here even by liberal standards.

How do you explain a US citizen sponsoring her 6 brother and sisters families from their home countries bringing in a total of 54 total backdoor immigrants. There is no "Family Reunion" here. The sisters and brothers were living
totally separate lives. The only reason why these 54 people came to the US was to enjoy the readymade fruits of USA without any toil or hard work.54 genuine EB immigrants were denied a chance due to this travesty of justice.

Anathor common fraud is way to find a US citizen and marry him/her.
While true love knows no boundaries people marrying persons solely for the purposes of a green card and dumping them asap convenient is very common. USCIS knows all about how the system is being abused rampantly but hey who cares.....It may be all right to hang an EB person having a minor problem and reject his EB after waiting for 5 years but all backdoor entries are gives the blind eye.

Sorry to say this but a country which allocates only 16.4% of immigration quota to genuine immigrants ( talented hard working people who have sacrificed the best part of their life to believe in this dream ) sends a loud and screaming message of how much it welcomes them.The employment based immigrant visas are quite less compared to a country of US's size ( Canada takes a about 300,000 immigrants for eg; )

There has been no pinch felt by the US yet but as more and more economies take off around the world in a big away ( China and India to name a few ) the US will realise to it's big loss how much this step-motherly
treatments towards genuine immigrants has hurt it.

The US Government / Senate etc sadly do not make any distinction between the employment based categories and other backdoor categories. They view immigration numbers in their entirety and yes 1 million annual immigrants does look a bit scary from the point of view of an ordinary American.......and hence the vigorous opposition to any EB based Green Card relief in the Congress.

Fellow Green Card Journey companions.......Just a few thoughts from my sad heart

Last edited by a moderator:
Juan_Ramon
with 140 approved and 485 pending past 180 days its a possibility to use ac21 and switch jobs . Sorry if my words conveyed some other impression.

GCard_Dream:

I-140 approval should be looked at as "one less thing to worry", correct? There is nothing we can do to lift/remove the retrogression atleast until next elections, and that too if Dem's rule the country next 5 years. Right! There is no single thing is done during these Reps regime, rather they cut-down the no. of visas etc etc and each time you get the "immigration reforms bill" to senate, it gets defeated there some how. So, 140 approval gives you some peace of mind and one less thing to worry about. Do one thing at a time ...

GCard_Dream said:
Hi arbit007,

In my opinion, retrogression is far more important issue that I-140 processing time. If it wasn't for retrogression, lot of us would be able to do concurrent filing of I140 & I485 and despite the processing time we would still be able to get our EAD and be employer independent after 180 days of filing, isn't that true?

But since retrogression is the current reality, faster I-140 wouldn't help much although we could get 3 year extension on our H1-B as opposed to 1 year. My 2 cents.

I-140 Approved!

Had a LUD in the morning without any message. But tonight, it is approved. Also received the email with approval information. Updated the signature.

Can anybody please help me??? I want to check LUD. Where should I check? Any link please...Thanks in advance and your reply will be appreciated

gc_12345 said:
Had a LUD in the morning without any message. But tonight, it is approved. Also received the email with approval information. Updated the signature.

Congrats!! Your approval of 140 means that CSC is finally moving forward??