CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

Ref for I140+ Ref for I485 (Tracker updated)

Hi Friends,

I got REF for my I140: a 7 page Ref asking more support letters to prove that my research is in national interest (mine is NIW case)

also got Ref for I485 for my wife: Ref asking recent utility bills/bank statements to show current relationship

also got fingerprinting done on Dec 30 at San Diego: code 3 for both me and my wife...

I have updated the tracker file.

EB2/NIW
ND: 7/22/05
I140 LUD: 7/25, 12/15, 12/29, 1/2
I485 LUD: 7/25, 12/29, 1/2

rajrw said:
Congrats Daloon !!

Updated the excel sheet. Good to see 2 approvals and 1 RFE after a loooooooooong time.

Sanatima, L1A24, J20022005, Sanliergun
Can you please check the status and update if their is any change.

Thanks,
Raj.

Glad to know that they touched 485. What is your PD?

Regards,
Raj.

sanatima said:
Hi Friends,

I got REF for my I140: a 7 page Ref asking more support letters to prove that my research is in national interest (mine is NIW case)

also got Ref for I485 for my wife: Ref asking recent utility bills/bank statements to show current relationship

also got fingerprinting done on Dec 30 at San Diego: code 3 for both me and my wife...

I have updated the tracker file.

EB2/NIW
ND: 7/22/05
I140 LUD: 7/25, 12/15, 12/29, 1/2
I485 LUD: 7/25, 12/29, 1/2

Again ...
This case notice date is July. I don't think CSC will start picking any case with RD in September and beyond. I think, now they must be having post holiday sickness. Oh! man ..... CSC is way slower than all other service centers.

sanatima said:
my PD is July 2005

I-140's from CSC in August 05

I do not see any August I-140's being processed at all from California Service Center. Has any body had any luck so far ?

Regards
:p

Friends,

I have an urgent question which deserves to be in the H1 extension forum but I needed some immediate inputs and hence posting it here.

My current H1 is expiring on 5/1/06 and my 6 years H1 period is expiring on 3/11/07. My I-140 is currently under process.

I am planning to apply for H1 extension.

Am I eligible for an extension from 5/1/06 to 3/11/07 (6 year period ) or from 5/1/06 to 3/11/08 (6 year period + 1 year due to pending 1-140 )?

I might be wrong, but because it's more than 6 months to the 6 year expiration date you won't get 1 year ext. at this time.
Don't take my words to the bank though...

I140 approvals

It is good to see couple of 140 approvals from CSC. Hope the start working quickly on the cases.
No LUD's on my case yet. Still waiting!!!

extension from 5/1/06 to 3/11/07 (6 year period ) --> Allowed
extension from 5/1/06 to 3/11/08 (6 year period + 1 year due to pending 1-140) --> Is not Allowed. Here is why?

You should have your LC pending for more than 365 days OR
Your LC approved, but I140 is still pending before you reach 6 year limit.

If your I140 is approved, but 485 is pending, then 3 year extension can be filed before 6 months of your max 6 year limit.

Hope that helps!

Endeavour2003 said:
Friends,

I have an urgent question which deserves to be in the H1 extension forum but I needed some immediate inputs and hence posting it here.

My current H1 is expiring on 5/1/06 and my 6 years H1 period is expiring on 3/11/07. My I-140 is currently under process.

I am planning to apply for H1 extension.

Am I eligible for an extension from 5/1/06 to 3/11/07 (6 year period ) or from 5/1/06 to 3/11/08 (6 year period + 1 year due to pending 1-140 )?

Congrats!! You should see some update within 2-3 days.
Updated the excel sheet.

nsk77 said:
I-I40 Shows a LUD today.
No change in message.
No LUD for I-485

Last edited by a moderator:
I-140 Processing time

I have noticed that some I-140 applications have been approved in less than a month yet others take 6 months or even longer at the same service center. Does anyone know why there is such a discrepancy from one application to another? If you got an RFE, that might slow things down a little and that’s understandable but discrepancy exists even for applications that didn’t have any RFEs.

I am kind of new to this GC process and would appreciate if anyone could shed some light on this issue. What is the average time for I-140 approval at CSC?

---------------
I-140 RD: 12/14 AD: ??

couple of months back average processing time at CSC for i-140 was 3 months
Since past 2-3 months processing in CSC for 140/485 has slowed down dramatically
Now its around 5.5-6 months
At this point CSC is processing late july -early august 2005 filings for i-140

perm_faq said:
extension from 5/1/06 to 3/11/07 (6 year period ) --> Allowed
extension from 5/1/06 to 3/11/08 (6 year period + 1 year due to pending 1-140) --> Is not Allowed. Here is why?

You should have your LC pending for more than 365 days OR
Your LC approved, but I140 is still pending before you reach 6 year limit.

If your I140 is approved, but 485 is pending, then 3 year extension can be filed before 6 months of your max 6 year limit.

Hope that helps!

what about
1) if your 7th year extension is expiring and i-140 is pending?
2) if your 7th year extension is expiring, I-140 is approved but couldn't file for 485 due to retrogression of visa availability dates.

That is what I said. CSC is the slowest of all service centers. I think, it may pick-up cases filed in September by Febraury-March time frame, as you know there were tons of applications filed by September 30th/Retro date. Meaning ... CSC would need atleast 2-3 months to clear-up those cases filed in just the September. If it gets too delayed ... say it extends normal processing times by 7-8 months, then the main USCIS body jumps on board to revisit the whole process or come up with some kind of pilot project to speed-up the things.

arbit007 said:
couple of months back average processing time at CSC for i-140 was 3 months
Since past 2-3 months processing in CSC for 140/485 has slowed down dramatically
Now its around 5.5-6 months
At this point CSC is processing late july -early august 2005 filings for i-140

Last edited by a moderator:
perm_faq said:
That is what I said. CSC is the slowest of all service centers. I think, it may pick-up cases filed in September by Febraury-March time frame, as you know there were tons of applications filed by September 30th/Retro date. Meaning ... CSC would need atleast 2-3 months to clear-up those cases filed in just the September. It would be great, if it gets worse than that...say it extends normal processing times by 7-8 months, then the main USCIS body jumps on board to revisit the whole process or come up with some kind of pilot project to speed-up the things.

Please no! no pilot project. We all have seen result of the Backlog Elimination Centers at Labor department.

Guys,

I was speaking to a guy,who handles emergency calls for California service center and he says that September I-140 cases will be processed some where at the end of this year.We have long way to go.

You are too ... scary man!

I don't think it would take that long, which you are saying about 11 months.
I think it would be around Feb-March time-frame for the cases filed in September.
Let's see ...

desideccan said:
Guys,

I was speaking to a guy,who handles emergency calls for California service center and he says that September I-140 cases will be processed some where at the end of this year.We have long way to go.

desideccan said:
Guys,

may be he was talking about Sept 2006 cases :rolleyes: