CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

According to my knowledge even in RIR the number of years you've been working for the current employer is not considered as your LC specified experience. ( I may be wrong )

tantan said:
I am no exprt here, just a note: In ETA9089 there is a section that asks for minimum education level (your case Masters) and there is a section that asks for minimum work experience required. You should be able to find the later one easily. I guess - and people correct me if I am wrong - it's a combination of required degree and years of experience that defines your category (eb2 or 3). Pls note that under PERM unlike RIR, the number of years you've been working for current employer will not considered as your experience.

Any idea why some lucky people get 140 approval eventhough they have a ND way behind some of our unlucky applications? Can it be the 'name check' thing just like gp111 once said? Or there is something else into it?

qwerty1111 said:
Cry, my fellow californians, cry.

I140--Immigrant Petition for Worker
Service Center Approvals Approved Date
California 5 11/14/05~12/19/05
Nebraska 63 11/14/05~12/19/05
Texas 175 09/26/05~10/31/05
Vermont 202 09/26/05~10/31/05

http://www.immigrationwatch.com/servlet/raRefresh?target=immi_ra_summary.jsp

Dude, there's nothing to cry about this - no doubt it was something that would have enhanced chances but it not passing by noe means indicates we are done in!! We are fine - things will fall in place - just a little patience, which we should have in abundance since we got our LCs cleared from CA!! :)

tantan said:
I am no exprt here, just a note: In ETA9089 there is a section that asks for minimum education level (your case Masters) and there is a section that asks for minimum work experience required. You should be able to find the later one easily. I guess - and people correct me if I am wrong - it's a combination of required degree and years of experience that defines your category (eb2 or 3). Pls note that under PERM unlike RIR, the number of years you've been working for current employer will not considered as your experience.

Hi Tan tan,

That's mean EB-2 or EB-3 is very much pre-defined on our LC? because some posts said that EB-2 or EB-3 is judged by people at the CIS when we file I-140.

Logically, I think people at the CIS have no more knowledge than the DOL in term of define which degree fit for every job. That's why there is the LC stage for worker immigrant.

Have fun for the holiday season and forget about CIS for 2 weeks :)

Happy Xmas to all.

Endeavour2003 said:
According to my knowledge even in RIR the number of years you've been working for the current employer is not considered as your LC specified experience. ( I may be wrong )

Hi Endeavour2003,

By seeing your signatures which has all ur GC application details. Iam unable to understand what is cross chargeability. Once they send back I485, will they accept it again. Please suggest. My case was sent back due to missing cheques, but the lawyers says he had included all the cheques and is refiling my I140 & 485 both, do I stand a chance. Please suggest....

Good question tantan!

I don't think CSC or any other service center processes the applications in the order of they received it. Also they share the pending applications per adjudicating officer. Once it gets into the hands of Adj. Officer, its all upto him that how quickly he will make a decision on that case. What if, that guy goes on leave? What if he is a traditional/old legendary [I think adjudicating officers are not CONTRACTORS] looking at 100 out-of 100 satisfaction kind of person, what if he is looking at each and every corner of your application, what if he prefers more manual work rather than automated/computerized, what if he finds some lingering thing on your end in the application ...... You end up waiting!!

I guess, folks whomever had applied under VSC jurisdiction, are luckiest ones. They are running the applications at blazing speed, almost 8 per day. Really they are the good ones. CSC has biggest facility of all other service centers. Not sure how many they employ[full-time/Contractors].

So the final conclusion, CSC is slowest among all.

tantan said:
Any idea why some lucky people get 140 approval eventhough they have a ND way behind some of our unlucky applications? Can it be the 'name check' thing just like gp111 once said? Or there is something else into it?

Cross chargeability

Cross chargeability refers to the use of the country of birth of the spouse ( country which is more favourable as per the Visa bulletin ) for the purposes of filing the I-485 application. For eg; if the Principal applicant is born in India and the dependent spouse is born in a more favourable country like Japan then both can apply for I-485 using Japan as the chargeble country.

USCIS is great. Thet return the Cross chargeability applications then issue a clarifications that their officers made a mistake and such applications should be highlighted in BOLD. ( THEY DO ACCEPT IT. THIS IS CONFIRMED ).

They don't follow their own rules. I see a lawsuit in the making shortly. ( similar to what happened to EB2 = 5 years of post bachelor progressive experience some 4-5 years back ).

I'm not 100% sure what would happen if the 485 package was returned due to improper filing fees. I think they should accept it again if sent again with proper requirements. But please double check this.

GC_091 said:
Hi Endeavour2003,

By seeing your signatures which has all ur GC application details. Iam unable to understand what is cross chargeability. Once they send back I485, will they accept it again. Please suggest. My case was sent back due to missing cheques, but the lawyers says he had included all the cheques and is refiling my I140 & 485 both, do I stand a chance. Please suggest....

Endeavour2003 said:
Cross chargeability refers to the use of the country of birth of the spouse ( country which is more favourable as per the Visa bulletin ) for the purposes of filing the I-485 application. For eg; if the Principal applicant is born in India and the dependent spouse is born in a more favourable country like Japan then both can apply for I-485 using Japan as the chargeble country.

USCIS is great. Thet return the Cross chargeability applications then issue a clarifications that their officers made a mistake and such applications should be highlighted in BOLD. ( THEY DO ACCEPT IT. THIS IS CONFIRMED ).

They don't follow their own rules. I see a lawsuit in the making shortly. ( similar to what happened to EB2 = 5 years of post bachelor progressive experience some 4-5 years back ).

I'm not 100% sure what would happen if the 485 package was returned due to improper filing fees. I think they should accept it again if sent again with proper requirements. But please double check this.

Thanks for the information Endeavour2003, let me try my luck of refiling the case and hope for the best to come.

my case is returned

Hi Endeavour2003,

Thanks very much for the info. Did you receive anything from CSC for your second refile? i filed my I-485 using Cross chargeability on December 3rd. and CSC returned it in the second week of December.

I sent my application again with different cover letter..on December 16, haven't received anything yet?

Endeavour2003 said:

USCIS is acting like Uncle Scrooge

Hi toughgc,

I have not even received the receipt notice of the I-140 application which would be required to reapply the I-485. I will reapply the I-485 as soon as I get the receipt notice.

This holiday season did not bring any cheer to me as USCIS is acting like Uncle Scrooge.

toughgc said:
Hi Endeavour2003,

Thanks very much for the info. Did you receive anything from CSC for your second refile? i filed my I-485 using Cross chargeability on December 3rd. and CSC returned it in the second week of December.

I sent my application again with different cover letter..on December 16, haven't received anything yet?

Update #2

Hello Friends,

Another update: I received fingerprinting notifications from USCIS for both myself and my wife for Dec 30, 2005. Mine is code 2 biometric while my wife's is code 3.
my earlier update is below:

sanatima said:
Hi Folks,

I finally had first LUD yesterday. mine I140 and I485 both had LUD on 12/15/05 but nothing on my wife,s I485 though...

I am glad.. atleast they picked up my file finally...

EB2/NIW
ND I140/I485: 7/22/05
LUD I140: 12/15
LUD I485: 12/15
retro country

Hi Endeavour2003,

Don't worry..you will receive it anytime soon. My lawyer resent the I-485 application on 12/15/2005 to CSC and we received receipt notice on 12/27/2005. Which means they accepted my application. I used Cross chargeability (my wife's country quota) for filing this I-485 application.

Endeavour2003 said:
Hi toughgc,

I have not even received the receipt notice of the I-140 application which would be required to reapply the I-485. I will reapply the I-485 as soon as I get the receipt notice.

This holiday season did not bring any cheer to me as USCIS is acting like Uncle Scrooge.

Congratualations

Hi toughgc,

Congratualations!!!
First bit of good news I have heard in a long time. Really lifted my spirits.

Did your lawyer provide any special documents in the refiling or did they simply resubmit the earlier application? This info might prove useful for myself.

Would update once I receive any information.

toughgc said:
Hi Endeavour2003,

Don't worry..you will receive it anytime soon. My lawyer resent the I-485 application on 12/15/2005 to CSC and we received receipt notice on 12/27/2005. Which means they accepted my application. I used Cross chargeability (my wife's country quota) for filing this I-485 application.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. When they filed second time, my lawyer attached different cover letter. Here is what my lawyer said: "We included a separate cover letter that was entirely devoted to explaining the circumstances with your priority date and the cross-chargeability."

Endeavour2003 said:
Hi toughgc,

Congratualations!!!
First bit of good news I have heard in a long time. Really lifted my spirits.

Did your lawyer provide any special documents in the refiling or did they simply resubmit the earlier application? This info might prove useful for myself.

Would update once I receive any information.

Atlast one approval.

Congrats lifeislife !!
Updated the excel sheet.
Hope we will see more approvals in the comming weeks.

Thanks!

I was trying to find the spreadsheet but I was afraid I may update an older version. Thanks for updating.

Good luck! :)

rajrw said:
Congrats lifeislife !!
Updated the excel sheet.
Hope we will see more approvals in the comming weeks.

Excellent thread !

Hi folks,

A very happy to new year to all. My I-140 was filed 12/15 and I just updated the excel sheet with my info. Undoubtedly, this is the best thread on I-140 !

I am sure this year we'll see a lot more CSC approvals :) :) All the best to everybody !!!!

asthana
CSC EB-2 RIR
I-140 RD:12/12/05 ND:12/15/05
PD: 11/7/03, LC Approved by Dallas BPC: 11/8/05