CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

Hi nother1inline,

1. My understanding is that the requirements on the LC matter not the actual qualifications of the person. So if the LC says that "Masters plus 2 years" you would need to show the two years experience post MS.

2. I've seen mixed responses from USCIS regarding "letters from previous bosses/colleagues in non-company letterheads". See if you can contact your old company to get the experience letter on the company letterhead to be on the safer side.

nother1inline said:
My app is EB2 with a requirement of Masters plus 2 years needed for the job. I have a Masters and the experience is substantiated by letters from previous bosses/colleagues in non-company letterheads (coz those guysdon't work there anymore)! You think 1) that is enough 2) or since I have Masters (the min needed to qualify for EB2), it doesn't matter if the 2 years of experience is substantiated or not?!

Endeavour2003 said:
Hi nother1inline,

1. My understanding is that the requirements on the LC matter not the actual qualifications of the person. So if the LC says that "Masters plus 2 years" you would need to show the two years experience post MS.

2. I've seen mixed responses from USCIS regarding "letters from previous bosses/colleagues in non-company letterheads". See if you can contact your old company to get the experience letter on the company letterhead to be on the safer side.

Hi,

Where can I look for in the LC that says MS or BS or whatever experience. I have a copy of LC but don't see any such thing,

THanks

Look at box 14 and 15 of your lc. They will determine whether your application will be EB2/EB3 in 140 stage.

matt30 said:
Hi,

Where can I look for in the LC that says MS or BS or whatever experience. I have a copy of LC but don't see any such thing,

THanks

I will be happy even if they start working by next month. Too many backlogs. Earlier, begining to middle of this year, I-140 used to take 2 to 3 months to process it. Now it is 4 to 5 months. Meaning, they are slowing down. They claim that CSC is one of the biggest service center in the country with adequate staff. This center is slowest of all 5 centers. I think VSC is doing superb job. They are already processing september 2005 cases.

rajrw said:
their are 5 approvals from CSC in the last 35 days. Hope they will start working on it again.

http://www.immigrationwatch.com/ser..._RA_WACI140&batch_index=1&order_by=ad&total=5

ETA 750 Part A, Box 14 and 15.

Hi,

Please refer to the ETA 750 Part A, Box 14 and 15.

Should say something regarding education or experience.

matt30 said:
Hi,

THanks

I have not understood, what makes them [CSC guys] not working? Look at VSC they are on top with almost 8 cases/day. They are really great hard woking !! Hey VSC, we need hard working employees like you.

qwerty1111 said:
Cry, my fellow californians, cry.

I140--Immigrant Petition for Worker
Service Center Approvals Approved Date
California 5 11/14/05~12/19/05
Nebraska 63 11/14/05~12/19/05
Texas 175 09/26/05~10/31/05
Vermont 202 09/26/05~10/31/05

http://www.immigrationwatch.com/servlet/raRefresh?target=immi_ra_summary.jsp

perm_faq said:
I have not understood, what makes them [CSC guys] not working? Look at VSC they are on top with almost 8 cases/day. They are really great hard woking !! Hey VSC, we need hard working employees like you.

And the RDs are kind of scary looking: 04/16/02, 06/16/04 ..... :(

Have you had a chance to look at the CSC facilty. Its a 2 to 3 stairs building, lot bigger than all other service centers. It must be employing lot of people too. But what the he*C*K they are... doing? why only 5 cases over a period month? And those cases are very old. What they have been doing for one month? I think if the same situation continues, USCIS might have to restructure the whole process and come-up with some kind of Pilot program to push-out all "non-visa" related petitions to reduce the backlogs. As I recall, It has already set the september 2006 [fiscal year] deadline to reduce the total number of backlogs under 1 mil. I don't think they will meet that deadline unless they come-up with some major plan.
I have been watching service center processing reports for long time. I-140 used to take 2-3 months until 1 qtr of this year. Now this is slightly moving into 4-5 months time-frame, which is quite ridiculous.

Undy said:
Look at the number of I-130 cases and you'll see. CSC is all about family :(

Endeavour2003 said:
Hi,

Please refer to the ETA 750 Part A, Box 14 and 15.

Should say something regarding education or experience.

Hi ,

My LC is from PERM. I don't have ETA 750, but I have ETA 9089. Under section J box 11, says Education: Highest level achieved relevant to the requested occupation: checked Master's.

Doesn't it mean my EB-2 not going to to down-grade to EB-3 or get denied because of EB's issue?

Thanks again

DOL had improved a LOT. Hats OFF to their restructuring plan. They planned it for almost 4 years and very succesfull after initial hick-ups. I wasn't expecting any thing more or any thing less. Great Job DOL, well done!!

Now its USCIS turn to think BIG, though it had similar plan to begin with. Remember USCIS came-up with pilot project [read murthy's website for more info] last year and they were very successful. Not sure what made them to scrap that plan, leaving it at PILOT level only.

Anyways, As I said, Iam still OKay, if they [CSC guys] start working with full force by next month!

Undy said:
It's still nothing compared to the DOL processing times. Not that I defend any of them...

I was anticipating the same thing. No improvement in CSC processing report. They will end-up the same way for the next month's bulletin, due in the first week of Jan. Hoping to see approval for "5 more" cases.

arbit007 said:
no progress on 485 and eb-2 I-140

matt30 said:
My LC is from PERM. I don't have ETA 750, but I have ETA 9089. Under section J box 11, says Education: Highest level achieved relevant to the requested occupation: checked Master's.
Doesn't it mean my EB-2 not going to to down-grade to EB-3 or get denied because of EB's issue?
I am no exprt here, just a note: In ETA9089 there is a section that asks for minimum education level (your case Masters) and there is a section that asks for minimum work experience required. You should be able to find the later one easily. I guess - and people correct me if I am wrong - it's a combination of required degree and years of experience that defines your category (eb2 or 3). Pls note that under PERM unlike RIR, the number of years you've been working for current employer will not considered as your experience.