CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

DocPC,

I think you are dreaming. CSC is way behind the other service centers. Look at the processing time chart published yesterday. CSC is still looking at July-August 1st week cases. VSC is on top of all.

Hope that helps!

DocPC said:
Congrats!! Your approval of 140 means that CSC is finally moving forward??

Travelling with AP

Hi All,
Does anyone received AP and travell to india recently. What are the step/process to visit and comeback safely. I already received AP approved. but still wonder to know as i am making plan to visit india next month.

Please Help

You might need to convince airline staff and immigration officers in India. My case, both the people consulted their colleagues/supervisor before accepting AP as a valid travel document. This happens specially when your visa got expired otherwise they just refer to a valid visa.
Waiting_LC_GC said:
Hi All,
Does anyone received AP and travell to india recently. What are the step/process to visit and comeback safely. I already received AP approved. but still wonder to know as i am making plan to visit india next month.

Please Help

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

Recently i travelled to India on A.P and came back to UNITED STATES.At the airport the immigration officer took one of the copy of A.P and put an stamp with a date on other copy and gave back to me.

My question is does this copy of A.P that i have is it vaild for multiple entry or only one more time ?.

hi gp111,
You have been very quiet this year (06). People miss your valuable suggestions here. Can you also please update your status.
Raj

AP Question

Which airport the immigration officer took one copy of A.P. At the time of leaving U.S. airport or coming back ?? I guess at the time of leaving airline will take one copy of A.P. and at the port of Entry on way back immigration officer put a stamp with a date on other copy and give back to us. Is this true ??
gp111,
Where are you ? i mean in india or somewhere on vacation ? just curious ..

Question

proudtobeindian said:
You might need to convince airline staff and immigration officers in India. My case, both the people consulted their colleagues/supervisor before accepting AP as a valid travel document. This happens specially when your visa got expired otherwise they just refer to a valid visa.
I also have my H1-b expire but have 7th yr extension receipt as well as EAD. At the time of leaving, do the airliner take copy of A.P. ?

Can you please write more detail about entire process from leaving to coming back on A.P.

Thanks in advance,

No.They took a copy ,when i came back to united states at los angeles airport and put the stamp on other copy with an expiration date on it.

My question is the copy which they gave me is it valid for multiple enry to united states or only one more time .

rajrw said:
hi gp111,
You have been very quiet this year (06). People miss your valuable suggestions here. Can you also please update your status.
Raj

Hey Raj..

I am quiet because nothing is moving at CSC or at USCIS front. Most questions / information asked/posted in threads are same old same old.

I am still waiting for my I-140 approval as well as FP notice..

Does PD matter in 140 stage.

GP111 and others
My lawyer is about to post my 140 application today or tomorrow. My PD is march 2002, Does te PD matter in 140 stage to prioritize my application when approving OR its just the RD of 140 application.
Thanks in advance.

gp111 said:
Hey Raj..

I am quiet because nothing is moving at CSC or at USCIS front. Most questions / information asked/posted in threads are same old same old.

cpallapothula said:
GP111 and others
My lawyer is about to post my 140 application today or tomorrow. My PD is march 2002, Does te PD matter in 140 stage to prioritize my application when approving OR its just the RD of 140 application.
Thanks in advance.

Nop.

Just RD/ND of I-140.

H1 extension

GP111 and others,

I heard that H1b could get a 3-years extension instead of one year extension on 7'years H1b after got I140 approval. Have it already become a law? If so, would you give me a link on that?

Thanks very much for advice.

When do you get the FP noticw

Hey GP
When do you get the FP notice? Somebody in another thread was saying you have to clear it before getting you EAD/AP approval. Is that true? I see you got your EAD/AP but yet to get your FP notice.

Thnaks,

gp111 said:
Hey Raj..

3 year incrementation is a general rule for some one whose 6 year H1B term is going to expire, but their labor, I140 are already approved and there is NO decision on 485 is made (either applied but 485 is pending -OR- not applied at all), due to retrogression.

Hope that helps!

J20022005 said:
GP111 and others,

I heard that H1b could get a 3-years extension instead of one year extension on 7'years H1b after got I140 approval. Have it already become a law? If so, would you give me a link on that?

Not airliner or immigration @India but the immigration officer at port of entry in US will take one copy. Other copy is still valid for travelling in future while your AP is valid. In my case, their photocopy m/c at LAX wasn't working so they gave me the original as well (I still have two copies as of now). The process for me was:

1. Traveling from US to India: As usual (does not require AP or anything as we carry Indian PP)
2. Traveling from India:
a. Airline check in agent tries to scan your visa. Since it is expired, they ask you if you have a valid visa and you tell them that you have an AP and show the document to them. If they are not aware of AP, they would talk to their supervisor and just note down details from your AP. DON'T LOSE PATIENCE AND KEEP YOUR COOL. There may be a completely new staff at the check in. Just make sure you have your AP documents back.
b. Same thing when you go to immigration officer. They are supposed to have knowledge of AP but in case they don't, they would consult a colleague and this is what happened with me. Just make sure you have your AP documents back once you leave their counter.
c. When you land at a US airport, fill all immigration (I-94/customs) documents as you have filled before. When going to immigration line, look for "Parole" sign and directly go to that line. They will ask some questions (just to ensure that they are letting right person enter) and take some time to stamp your AP document, your PP and the I-94 and then just let you go. In my case, the office asked parent's name from each of us (I, my wife and my son). The officer was very nice and was apologizing every time for a longer process etc.
d. Rest of things remain the same. Please send me a PM in case you want more information.
Waiting_LC_GC said:
I also have my H1-b expire but have 7th yr extension receipt as well as EAD. At the time of leaving, do the airliner take copy of A.P. ?

Can you please write more detail about entire process from leaving to coming back on A.P.

Thanks in advance,

No. What they took is one copy. That copy they have to retain!

AP is valid until it is stamped, just like H1B visa stamp, with which you can enter as many times as you want. Only the difference is it accompanies I94 card.

Hope that helps!

desideccan said:
No.They took a copy ,when i came back to united states at los angeles airport and
put the stamp on other copy with an expiration date on it.

My question is the copy which they gave me is it valid for multiple enry to united states or only one more time .

J20022005 said:
GP111 and others,

Not In all the cases.

3 year extension is only applicable if one cannot file I-485 due to Retrogression. This law is part of AC-21 passed in 2002. You can file information in www.immigration-law.com & see Q&A about retrogression.

Vikes said:
Hey GP
When do you get the FP notice? Somebody in another thread was saying you have to clear it before getting you EAD/AP approval. Is that true? I see you got your EAD/AP but yet to get your FP notice.

Thnaks,

Getting FP Notice depends on Which Service Center you have applied for & when you have applied.. FP has no direct connection with EAD or AP. (Only if you have applied for EAD using internet, you have to show up for biometrics before you get EAD, for Paper Applications NO Biometrics/FP is required).

CSC used to send FP after few months for application filed before Aug 15, 2005. For applications filed after Aug 16, people got FP notice on I-485 receipt or seperate one very soon after applying.. for people like me who applied before aug 15th are still waiting for FP OR some got FP notice after I-140 approval.

Ray S. said:
what about EAD extension? do we need FP done for that? I still have not recd. my FP notice and USCIS centers do not accept 485 FP notice here.

How do I get my EAD extended?

Again same thing, If you apply for EAD renewal Online, you will need to go for Biometrics ( your receipt will have information If you apply Online). If you file a paper application You don't need Biometrics.