CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

Thanks for detail process

proudtobeindian said:
Not airliner or immigration @India but the immigration officer at port of entry in US will take one copy. Other copy is still valid for travelling in future while your AP is valid. In my case, their photocopy m/c at LAX wasn't working so they gave me the original as well (I still have two copies as of now). The process for me was:

1. Traveling from US to India: As usual (does not require AP or anything as we carry Indian PP)
2. Traveling from India:
a. Airline check in agent tries to scan your visa. Since it is expired, they ask you if you have a valid visa and you tell them that you have an AP and show the document to them. If they are not aware of AP, they would talk to their supervisor and just note down details from your AP. DON'T LOSE PATIENCE AND KEEP YOUR COOL. There may be a completely new staff at the check in. Just make sure you have your AP documents back.
b. Same thing when you go to immigration officer. They are supposed to have knowledge of AP but in case they don't, they would consult a colleague and this is what happened with me. Just make sure you have your AP documents back once you leave their counter.
c. When you land at a US airport, fill all immigration (I-94/customs) documents as you have filled before. When going to immigration line, look for "Parole" sign and directly go to that line. They will ask some questions (just to ensure that they are letting right person enter) and take some time to stamp your AP document, your PP and the I-94 and then just let you go. In my case, the office asked parent's name from each of us (I, my wife and my son). The officer was very nice and was apologizing every time for a longer process etc.
d. Rest of things remain the same. Please send me a PM in case you want more information.

Thanks a lot for detail procedure information. It will help a lot.

Thanks a lot for the clarification.

gp111 said:
Getting FP Notice depends on Which Service Center you have applied for & when you have applied.. FP has no direct connection with EAD or AP. (Only if you have applied for EAD using internet, you have to show up for biometrics before you get EAD, for Paper Applications NO Biometrics/FP is required).

CSC used to send FP after few months for application filed before Aug 15, 2005. For applications filed after Aug 16, people got FP notice on I-485 receipt or seperate one very soon after applying.. for people like me who applied before aug 15th are still waiting for FP OR some got FP notice after I-140 approval.

gp111 said:
Again same thing, If you apply for EAD renewal Online, you will need to go for Biometrics ( your receipt will have information If you apply Online). If you file a paper application You don't need Biometrics.

When I went for Interrim EAD, they took my finger print (one finger) and photo. After application validation and data entry, they issued interrim EAD card. Interrim EAD shows my finger print on front side of that card. According to that officer, this is not a FP related to I485. FP notice for I485 will be sent separately.

After 3 weeks, I received actual EAD (based approved application), which says Finger print not available. So, I'm holding both cards. Validity date is according to new EAD card.

When you go for EAD extension (after making online appointment), submit your application along with current EAD card, pay US $90/= (check for current rates). After validation, finally you will be called for Finger Print and Photo. Then might give you an extended EAD card.

what happened to the cases which had LUD's recently. I thought they will hear something in couple of days for those. But looks like CSC is still ignoring the 140. The date hasnt moved since Oct-5. Is it like this every year, or is their any particular reasone we got stuck.

Raj

No gp111. Your message needs small correction. 3 year extension is possible irrespective of 485 status(filed OR pending), not like what you said "only applicable if one cannot file I-485 due...". Here is what I said in my last message:

3 year extension is possible, when:
a) Your I140 is applied and approved, but cannot file 485 due to retrogression kicked-in for your nationality.
b) You I140 is applied and approved and 485 is pending due to whatever the reason.

Hope that helps!

gp111 said:
Not In all the cases.

3 year extension is only applicable if one cannot file I-485 due to Retrogression. This law is part of AC-21 passed in 2002. You can file information in www.immigration-law.com & see Q&A about retrogression.

I don't see any news related to "holding off the cases" in the the monthly USCIS news bulletin. As some one said, this department is one of the worst departments here you see.

rajrw said:
what happened to the cases which had LUD's recently. I thought they will hear something in couple of days for those. But looks like CSC is still ignoring the 140. The date hasnt moved since Oct-5. Is it like this every year, or is their any particular reasone we got stuck.

Raj

Thanks Perm_faq and GP111 for your valuable information. I appreciate it!

perm_faq said:
No gp111. Your message needs small correction. 3 year extension is possible irrespective of 485 status(filed OR pending), not like what you said "only applicable if one cannot file I-485 due...". Here is what I said in my last message:

3 year extension is possible, when:
a) Your I140 is applied and approved, but cannot file 485 due to retrogression kicked-in for your nationality.
b) You I140 is applied and approved and 485 is pending due to whatever the reason.

Hope that helps!

Ray S. said:
Interim EAD can only be applied for if you haven't recd your EAD in 90 days of applying for an extension, am I correct?
Yes, you are right.

can we apply for an EAD extension by ourselves? is 6 months from time of expiry a good time to apply?

Yes you can apply by your self by submitting appropriate forms and fees. You can apply within 60 days before it expires.

dkgdkg,

In your case you had received i140 approval, just in 2 months [AD: October] very quick than your EAD/AP? Interesting. Looks like CSC is picking up the applications very randomly.

What next if lay off after I-140?

I have a quick question on I-140. If your I-140 is approved but haven't yet filed for I-435 and you lose your job, can you file for I-485 on your own assuming that PD is current and the employer hasn't retracted your I-140?

GCard_Dream said:
I have a quick question on I-140. If your I-140 is approved but haven't yet filed for I-435 and you lose your job, can you file for I-485 on your own assuming that PD is current and the employer hasn't retracted your I-140?

Then Basically Its considered as Fraud. You will have to be working in same/similar occupation till you get GC. AC-21 is only applicable if 180 days has passed from I-485 filing date

Does that mean you start all over again with labor with another company? That kind of sucks.

gp111 said:
Then Basically Its considered as Fraud. You will have to be working in same/similar occupation till you get GC. AC-21 is only applicable if 180 days has passed from I-485 filing date

Actually, you can transfer your Priority Date (PD) to your new filing.
The real problem is when you are almost done with your 6 year limit, but did not extended it by 1 year/3 years.

GCard_Dream said:
Does that mean you start all over again with labor with another company? That kind of sucks.

I don't think there is any difference between efile nad paper filing.
Many people does this when they are not concurrent filing with 485.

desideccan said:
qwerty1111,

I have filed my I-140 by e_filing.Does it make any difference.Please let me know.

Hi guys,

I am in India but could not resist coming here - is there any progress on the dates yet or are westill hoping for the best??!!

H1B or EAD; H1B 6yr limit Expiring

My 6 year H1B is expiring in May 2005. I have applied for I140 and 485 in Sept 2005. I recieved EAD and AP. I am wondering if renewing the H1B is better or using the EAD is better. Can anyone please advice. If I renew my H1B and if I140/485 gets rejected what would be the status of H1B as I would have reached the 6 year limit, Will H1B get void in this case.