Consular Processing (New Delhi)

Hi nkm-oct23,

There is no expiry date or "valid unitl" date on my PCC that I got from SFO. Some people say its valid for 6 months and you mention its valid for 1 year. COuld you please clarify?

Thanks a lot,
Dilbert

nkm-oct23 said:
YOU ONLE NEED POLICE CERTIFICATE FROM INDIAN CONSULATE IN USA. POLICE CERTIFICATES ARE VALID FOR 1 YEAR FROM DATE OF ISSUE.

TO CONFIRM ELIGIBILITY TO DO CP IN DELHI, CHECK TO SEE THAT THE U.P. ADDRESS IS ON YOUR CURRENT PASSPORT ISSUED IN HOUSTON.

PCC do not have a "valid until" date on it. Consulates usually do not accept PCCs that are older than 1 year.

dilbert30 said:
Hi nkm-oct23,

There is no expiry date or "valid unitl" date on my PCC that I got from SFO. Some people say its valid for 6 months and you mention its valid for 1 year. COuld you please clarify?

Thanks a lot,
Dilbert

The US consulates are considering 6 months as the validity period for the PCCs obtained from Indian Embassies and Consualtes.

Raju

wholeheartedly agree with raju for the 6 mo. period for the US consulate.

In addition, stick to the 6 mo. period for Indian immigraiton reasons, I'll post in my exp. thread later.

Delhi Consulate IV enquiry numbers?

Hi,

Can someone please share the Delhi Consulate IV enquiry numbers? For the past two days I am repeatedly trying the numbers 91-11-24198062/8374 and it keeps on ringing without answer. Does anyone have any other numbers for the consulate?

Thanks and Regards

sm_delhi

Tax Returns

Hello Vratta,

Can you tell me if last 3 years Tax Transcripts are adequate for CP interview or do you need to have actual copies of tax returns. The official tax returns cost $39 a piece whereas the IRS transacripts are free. I just got the transcripts from the IRS, but I am wondering if should get the original tax returns.

Thanks
pradhik

From various experiences, transcripts are enough. Though you might want to take the copies of returns and W2s (from your personal records).

In my case nothing was asked.

Sailing Permit

Hi!
How important is it these days to have a Sailing Permit for the Consular Interview at New Delhi? Do they ever ask for it?
Thanks
pradhik

pradhik said:
Hi!
How important is it these days to have a Sailing Permit for the Consular Interview at New Delhi? Do they ever ask for it?
Thanks
pradhik
1. From what I have heard, Not at all.
2. From what I have heard, Nope, Nada, ...!

New to Delhi Consular Processing Forum

Guys,

I am new to this forum. Just got Federal Labor certified. Need to know:
1. the process of Consular Processing
2. how much time is it taking from this stage where I am right now to get CP date.

Eager to read what gurus have to say....

Salani said:
Guys,

I am new to this forum. Just got Federal Labor certified. Need to know:
1. the process of Consular Processing
2. how much time is it taking from this stage where I am right now to get CP date.

Eager to read what gurus have to say....
Kindly post your Qs. to only one place in the forum.

Of-171

I have received a Letter of Appointment from US Embassy in New Delhi stating that the office is ready to begin final processing of the immigrant visa. It also states the appointment date and time at the bottom. In the various CP checklists that are posted in this forum I have seen references to OF-171. Is that something different from the appointment letter or is it the same thing? I don't have separate cover letter and appointment letter - they seem to be part of the same letter. Is that the same thing as OF-171?

interview in november 04?

Hi pradhik -

When is your interview and when had you applied. I am eagerly waiting for the November appointments to be announced and hence would appreciate if you can share any information - when did the NWD consulate receive your application from NVC and when is your interview?

Thanks!!

tumpi said:
Hi pradhik -

When is your interview and when had you applied. I am eagerly waiting for the November appointments to be announced and hence would appreciate if you can share any information - when did the NWD consulate receive your application from NVC and when is your interview?

Thanks!!

Hi tumpi,

The US Embassy received my application on August 13. My interview is on October 25.
Good luck with your interview.

pradhik said:
The US Embassy received my application on August 13. My interview is on October 25.
Good luck with your interview.

The US Consulate in Delhi received my E3 application on 15th of July and My Interview is also scheduled on October 25th, whereas I was expeciting an interview in September :D

sm_delhi

AC-140 Intervew Experience at NWD

I have done my AC-140 at NWD in Sept. Most of the the things are same as posted by other people, but my Interview is little different so I want to share my experince with other readers.

Mine was EB2 ( B Tech + more than 5 years of expereince). During Interview, consular ( white guy) said that I do not meet EB2 criterian and the kind of work I am doing was done by him during Summer job. So he said that he is not going to approve my VISA. I almost got heart attack.Then He asked me to wait as he wanted to consult his supervisor. After few minutes he called me again and said though he does not agree with this, his supervisor asked him to approve VISA saying that consulate can not overrule what has already been approved by INS. He collected my paasport and said my paasport will mailed after name check has been done. Within week I got my passport with Immigrant MRV stamped. Looks like it took 3-4 days for name check.

Entered US last week and every thing was smooth at POE.

Gchope