Consular Processing (New Delhi)

Well just last month I had applied to Washington Consulate for my and my wife's PCC.. and guess what I got it in 7 days flat. I had called them up before sending my passport and they say told me that you need to submit $40 + $40 (each PCC) and $15 for courier and they take about 15 days to send the PCCs. But mine came much sooner... and my passport issue date was 1996. So you might want to call them and check about this. Even though the website (& misc form ) says $22 for PCC that guy told me $40 and 15 days. Maybe its some kind of express service but I did not really check with them why it was different on the form.

njcpdel said:
Well just last month I had applied to Washington Consulate for my and my wife's PCC.. and guess what I got it in 7 days flat. I had called them up before sending my passport and they say told me that you need to submit $40 + $40 (each PCC) and $15 for courier and they take about 15 days to send the PCCs. But mine came much sooner... and my passport issue date was 1996. So you might want to call them and check about this. Even though the website (& misc form ) says $22 for PCC that guy told me $40 and 15 days. Maybe its some kind of express service but I did not really check with them why it was different on the form.
40 BUCKS!!! for PCC? Wow. Houston, I sent it twice (plus my wife's) $11 a pop. $15 day next day service.

Is that some inflation or what???

Alren

Please answer this ...thanks in advance.

alren said:
Go through this forum.

Go to cptracker.com for the likely steps for your CP.

Go to immihelp.com for detailed process on CP.

In essence:
  • rec. fee bill
  • req fee bill for spouse
    *****************WHAT EXACTLY IS THIS? DO I NEED TO TELL NVC IN
    ADVANCE SO THAT THEY CAN GENERATE FEE BILL FOR MY WIFE?????
  • send fees
  • rec, prepare and send P3
  • wait for your interview call
  • collect documents.

Since your spouse is not on the approved 140, NVC considers you as the only contender for the IV and hence will send you a fee bill of 335 odd dollars. Upon the rct. of the money they will further process the case.

To add your wife to the case, request NVC to send you additional fee bill in her name. You send the money for both the bills and your case will proceed further.

Thanks for the reply. So this is what I understand

I need to get the manual operator at NVC once my case is created and then ask them to add my wife's name and send the fee bill along with mine.
or

I need to contact my lawyer so that she can give a call or send some letter to NVC for the addition of my wife's name

Thanks once again Alren.

Ritesh

alren said:
Since your spouse is not on the approved 140, NVC considers you as the only contender for the IV and hence will send you a fee bill of 335 odd dollars. Upon the rct. of the money they will further process the case.

To add your wife to the case, request NVC to send you additional fee bill in her name. You send the money for both the bills and your case will proceed further.

Please suggest

I am trying to add my wife's name for packet 3 and fee receipt.

I need to get the manual operator at NVC once my case is created and then ask them to add my wife's name and send the fee bill along with mine???
or

I need to contact my lawyer so that she can give a call or send some letter to NVC for the addition of my wife's name????

rseth123,

I think you can do it for yourself by calling the NVC rep on phone but I would still get the paper work done through the lawyer and sent it to NVC for records also so there is no slippage.

Thanks.

rseth123 said:
I am trying to add my wife's name for packet 3 and fee receipt.

I need to get the manual operator at NVC once my case is created and then ask them to add my wife's name and send the fee bill along with mine???
or

I need to contact my lawyer so that she can give a call or send some letter to NVC for the addition of my wife's name????

I would recommend to have it handled by the lawyer. You are paying him anyway, why do you want to waste your time ... ;)

Interview july

have found this forum to be extremely useful and kudos to all senior members for maintaining this....
am anticipating IV in July but Delhi does not seem to come out with the list as yet..any guesses about it..
Also does anyone have experiences about the medical done at Appollo hospital...most folks seem to go to dr Daweshar....
thirdly..have asked this before and did go thru all the 45 current pages on this forum...if one has been in status all along and no medical problems and documentation is in order..is there still any reason however remote which may be a cause of rejection during Cp interview... :confused:

elector said:
have found this forum to be extremely useful and kudos to all senior members for maintaining this....
am anticipating IV in July but Delhi does not seem to come out with the list as yet..any guesses about it..
Also does anyone have experiences about the medical done at Appollo hospital...most folks seem to go to dr Daweshar....
thirdly..have asked this before and did go thru all the 45 current pages on this forum...if one has been in status all along and no medical problems and documentation is in order..is there still any reason however remote which may be a cause of rejection during Cp interview... :confused:

I will respond to your last question.

If your documentation is all ready, you have no major medical problems, you
have never accrued any illegal stay (like staying beyond the validity of I-94),
then you can attend the cp interview without any worry.

It is extreamely rare to see denial at the CP, and I would assume if it happens
it happens because of one of the above reasons.

Raju

Nothing to worry but cannot stop from worrying

I concur with Raju. There is nothing to worry as we (myself included) have gone through the CP process and we all go through the same agony. "Can there be any way/chance that my CP might get rejected?"

There is nothing which is 100% proof. But getting through the CP process successfully, if it candidate is a mentioned by you, is about 99.999%.

No matter what the figures look like and even if Rajiv Khanna said that there is nothing to worry, an individual will be little worried. Worry is not because of the lack of paper work or other things but because of the human nature/psychology as getting a GC in one of the very important event for those who want to settle in US.

So, just be cool and you will get your GC pretty soon.

Thanks.

elector said:

I am also anticipating a July interview based on the 2.5 month average from date package was sent to delhi consulate. will you let me know if you hear about your date. I have tried calling the consulate several times with no success-phone keeps ringing.

E-mail and keep trying on phone

Tenzing,

You may also send a short e-mail with your details (Name, DOB, Case number) and US consulate NWD, usually replies very soon. Also keep on trying on the phone. It's just perseverance that pays in long term.

Thanks.

tenzing said:
I am also anticipating a July interview based on the 2.5 month average from date package was sent to delhi consulate. will you let me know if you hear about your date. I have tried calling the consulate several times with no success-phone keeps ringing.

Guys!!

for AC-I140 (Attorney Certified) in New Delhi consulate.

1. When attorney sends a packet ..do they send something else to be filled before they process Interview Date or directly send the interview date with packet 4?

2. If they send Interview date is it handled the same way like the other CP case or AC-I140 takes long/short time.

3. I am assuming that New Delhi accepts AC-140 with 824 receipt ...???

Ac -140

rseth123 said:
Guys!!

for AC-I140 (Attorney Certified) in New Delhi consulate.

1. When attorney sends a packet ..do they send something else to be filled before they process Interview Date or directly send the interview date with packet 4?

No. There in no other paper work after AC-140 packet 3 has been sent to US consulate.

2. If they send Interview date is it handled the same way like the other CP case or AC-I140 takes long/short time.

Yes. The interview date is handled the same way. But since going through the AC-140 route, your application skipped some checks(name check, etc) done by NVC, the same checks are now to be done by the US consulate, hence it might take a longer time frame as compared to the packet sent to the US consulate via the regular CP process by NVC.

3. I am assuming that New Delhi accepts AC-140 with 824 receipt ...???

I guess so.

elector said:

Hi,

You may want to try following and posting on the July/Aug Delhi CP Thread for more current happenings on medical, interview, issues, etc: http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=125442

Good Luck!

Rjain

CPDelhi : Thanks for the detailed response. As you said that name check and other things are done at US Consulate New Delhi ...any wild guess that in AC-140 case ..after how much an individual is scheduled for an interview..like 2? 3? 4? months..

Truly appreciate your help and responses.