Consular Processing (New Delhi)

Last Name

Thank you KD, Raju & Pitamber for the reply.

However Birth Certificate and School Leaving certificate only have first name. When my birth was registered ,it was registered with only first name. Also school leaving certificate have first name.I Thought it is common to have those documents with first name.. Can we add last name to these documents somehow?

thanks

gchope2166,

A Birth Certificate issued by a local government in India can be rectified. You can add your last name if you provide an affidavit stating your full name and that you are the person mentioned in the original birth certificate. The exact format may vary from place to place. But this is what i did in one case.

Now, when "sarkari karmacharis" are involved in India it might mean greasing a few palms, but it can be done.

P_L

gchope2166 said:
Thank you KD, Raju & Pitamber for the reply.

However Birth Certificate and School Leaving certificate only have first name. When my birth was registered ,it was registered with only first name. Also school leaving certificate have first name.I Thought it is common to have those documents with first name.. Can we add last name to these documents somehow?

thanks

It is not common to have these certificates with just the first name. As the
post above indicated, it may be possible to get the birth certificate rectified with some effort. I would think getting this done on the School Leaving
Certificate would be more difficult. But if you have a corrected birth certificate the School Leaving Certificate will not be necessary.

In case you are not able to get the above done, then carry 2 affidavits
from your parents (or elder relatives, siblings ..) will full details.

Raju

Birth Certificate

Thank You Raju and Pitamber. I think I will go for Aiifdavits with full names as that is much easier to obtain.

It is almost 10 days since I have sent I-824. Once I have receipt probalbly next week or week , then I will apply for Ac-140 at NWD, I will post more status.

Cheers

Question regarding I-824

Guru's

One Question

When Lawyer sends I-824 for AOS-CP, does NVC add the case using CIS number (I-140) in their datebase. It is 2 week since my lawyer sent the application and I was curious if I can call NVC AVM and find if receipt has been sent to my lawyer ?

thanks

I am new to this forum. I am trying to decide whether I should go for CP for i485. Does CP require experience certificates. My experience in India is only partly verifiable.The first company I worked for ran out of business but the second company is still there and doing well. Will this be a problem if I go for CP. I also have a brother and wife in US who are permanent residents. Does that matter?

gchope:

When Lawyer sends I-824 for AOS-CP, does NVC add the case using CIS number (I-140) in their datebase. It is 2 week since my lawyer sent the application and I was curious if I can call NVC AVM and find if receipt has been sent to my lawyer ?

Answer: the receipt / case number for I-824 is different from your I-140 case number. But when your attorney filed I-824, he had to provide a copy of your I-140 approval. So the I-824 & I-140 are linked although they both have different case number. You need to call USCIS and not NVC to find out if USCIS received your I-824. Please note that it can take about 4-6 weeks to get any USCIS receipts including I-824 receipt. So you may want to wait and not get excited so soon.

whyworry:

Nice user id but you are already getting worried. Ok no more jokes....

CP and 485 requirements in terms or providing documents are the same with only difference that if asked in CP you provide the documents at the time of th interview at your home consulate in your home country and with AOS you provide the documents required to USCIS service center such as CSC, VSC, TSC or NSC.

Personally speaking previous work exp letters are good to have but are not required until asked for. As far as CP is concerned based on recent trends, folks are not being asked for previous work exp letters as long as one has employment letter notarized from the sponsoring company. Having a family who has green card does not matter unless your's is a family based GC process. I think you have a employment based process so you are fine.

Documents for AC-140

Guru's

My Lawyer got I-824 receipt and I am ready to file for Ac1-40. However my Attorney have no clue regarding the documents for AC-140 and process. Can anybody please clear my doubt ?

I am asking my attorney to send following douments.

1. I-140 Petition certified by Attorney.
2. Original Approval Notice for I-140,
3. Cover letter by attorney,
4. Ds2001 & Ds230 signed by each applicant.
5. copy of passport to show new delhi consulate eligibility.

is there any other documet needed ?

I saw in forums that hardships letter have to be sent ?is that separate letter from cover letter mentioned ?
does any body have any sample harships letter ?

Thanks gurus

I'm not sure how to use this but have been reading all the messages regularly. My file has been sent to ND consulate on 4.23.04. (employment based)Have emailed the consulate and they confirmed receipt but will not give an approximate time frame when to expect the date. i have a 3 month old and cant arrange anything until i know the date. is it correct to expect interview date around july end? how many weeks in advance will they notify me?

At least a month in advance

tenzing,

US consulate usually post the interview dates around the mid of the previous month. You will have ample time to arrange for the tickets. If you are expecting July interview, please keep checking the US consulate - New Delhi immigration web site for the list.

Secondly, even after the dates are published, it’s easier to postpone the interview date in that month without much trouble. You may also postpone the interview in later months.

US Consulate- New Delhi's website
http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/wwwhconsuivd.html

Thanks.

Help on dS230 Part I

Guru's

While trying to fill current address in #10 item on Ds230 I, found that when form is printed, it does does not print complete address. It prints on the portion which is visible in the docuement in soft copy. It truncates the portion which is not visible. How can make it print complete line ?

Thanks

gchope:

One way you can do is leave that field blank, print the doucmetn and hand type in column 10 OR USe short forms for certain addresses such as RD for Road, St for Street and so on.

New to CP thread..Just received my 140 approval

Guys and CP Gurus!!!

This morning I received my I-140 approval from NSC(after a year wait) and now entering into final ship.

Could u please share with me the STEPS/PRECAUTIONS and HOME WORK I need to do for this CP process.

I still need to add my wife's name to this.

Lawyer told me that it will 4-6 weeks to receive the information from NSC.

Thanks
Ritesh

Go through this forum.

Go to cptracker.com for the likely steps for your CP.

Go to immihelp.com for detailed process on CP.

In essence:
  • rec. fee bill
  • req fee bill for spouse
  • send fees
  • rec, prepare and send P3
  • wait for your interview call
  • collect documents.

Question related to PCC

Guys

My 140 is approved this morning.

I have few questions

1. When is the best time to apply for PCC?
2. How long it takes for Indian consulate to send back the passport with PCC?
3. My wife moved to US in Dec 2003. Do I need to get her PCC from India or from indian consulate wahington?

Thanks in advance.

Ritesh

rseth123 said:
Guys

My 140 is approved this morning.

I have few questions

1. When is the best time to apply for PCC?

About Three months before the interview, when you send the completed P3.

2. How long it takes for Indian consulate to send back the passport with PCC?

About 45 days.

3. My wife moved to US in Dec 2003. Do I need to get her PCC from India or from indian consulate wahington?

No. Your wife doesn't need PCC from India but needs a PCC from Indian Consulate in US.

Thanks in advance.

Ritesh