Consular Processing (New Delhi)

CP Interview dates
CP Gurus,

The CP interview dates for May 2004 at the US Embassy New Delhi have been made public today. Are people who are called for May interviews informed earlier or is this the first time they come to know of the interview date.

Thanks for your answers.

P_L

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pitambar,
The May candiateas would have been informed already by the embassy by sending the P4 to candiadtes and also by their response to candidate's emails (if someone had inquired with Emabssy via email).

Emabssy gives approximately 3-4 weeks of time to the interviewees. Delhi's website is updated only in the last week of previous month (which is useless for interviewees, but helps the other aspirants who are tracking the interview dates).

:)

Hi Pitambar,

The Thursday guess was based on a posting I saw by KD mentioning that the AVM gets updated "normally" on a Thursday. Wouldn't mind if it's earlier; like you, I'm also guesstimating a 8 day lag.

Let's see.

RJ

Last edited by a moderator:
How long does it normally take for the medical check up and final reports? I am trying to plan my CP interview trip (even though its months away).

P_L

pitambar:

How long does it normally take for the medical check up and final reports? I am trying to plan my CP interview trip (even though its months away).

Answer: Do the medicals at least 3 days prior to the interview. The medicals are generally done in the morning hours and if there are no medicals complications then results are generally given the same evening. If there are complications then additional tests need to be run which can take additional days on a case by case basis. But in short if you have no medical problem then 1 day of medical check up plus report is the normal trend!

Has NVC Sent my case to Consulate?

Hello Guys,

This is my first posting, first of all want to thank the senior members, I have been getting so much valuable information from this forum.

My query is has NVC sent my case to Consulate?

Packet 3 was sent to NVC about 15 days back and the system used to say that documents have been received and will be reviewed.

Now NVC's automated system says that "Your case was completed on XXXX date, please allow 8 weeks for further
instructions".

So has NVC sent the case to consulate?

cpdelhi:

This message means that your P3 review is complete. Expect your file to be transferred to the NWD consulate in about a week from the time this message was recorded. And expect interview in about 3 months from now. The next and last message @ NVC for you will be "P3 is reviewed and case has been forwarded to new delhi" (assuming nwd is the consulate you selected.)

Hi CPFromDelhi,

I’m in the same boat as you; my status is “Case review was completed on April 20Th”. The next message should be “…. Case sent to New Delhi….”. This should happen any day now and would confirm that the case has been sent to NWD! Normally it takes 8 days after the review completion to do so but things have been a bit slow recently based on some updates that I saw on the cptracker.com.

Rjain.

Hi CpFromDelhi,

I was remiss earlier in not welcoming you properly into our little forum.

Unlike Chennai’s and Mumbai’s participants, Delhities seem to shy away in actively participating in this forum (unlike the bashful nature of a typical Delhiwala)! So we always welcome a fellow CPer who will add synergy to our discussion as we go about getting the hara pattah! We have a lot of senior members like KD and CPDelhi who give valuable advice but their advice is solicited on the basis of good questions asked from CPers like us, which benefits everyone.

So keep you questions and suggestions flowing and helping each other out.

Cheers,

Rjain

Thanks for the nice welcome!! It is really great to see that members respond so quickly.

Feels like I have a company in this CP Process.

Sure will keep participating in the forum!

CpDelhi(wife signatures/name change)

Hi,

This link has been a great help to get some valuable feedback. Thanks.

I have opted for CP @ delhi. Just got married
to an indian girl on F-1 visa in Texas. Got the
marriage certificate.

Question: I plan to change her last name to min e by doing an endorsemnt on her passport as surname change. What should I do about her signatures? After name change, she wishes to use new signature. Does the consulte care much about the signature in the passport and the new signature after marriage?

This is a very generic question and wonder what most people do? Thanks.

Re: CpDelhi(wife signatures/name change)

Originally posted by meiji
Hi,

This link has been a great help to get some valuable feedback. Thanks.

I have opted for CP @ delhi. Just got married
to an indian girl on F-1 visa in Texas. Got the
marriage certificate.

Question: I plan to change her last name to min e by doing an endorsemnt on her passport as surname change. What should I do about her signatures? After name change, she wishes to use new signature. Does the consulte care much about the signature in the passport and the new signature after marriage?

This is a very generic question and wonder what most people do? Thanks.

Having the names endorsed in the passport (s) is a good move.
The Consulate does not care about the signature in the passport.

Raju

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the fast response.

If my wife changes her signature, on her way back to U.S, does the Delhi airport authority or the U.S immigration authority have an issue with the difference in signature between the passport and that of her new name?

I wonder if there is a way to get the new signatures endorsed too?

Thanks in advance.

Meiji,

My understanding is that the airport authorities do not care much about the signature.
But you must carry your marriage certificate along during your travels to prove that you(your spouse) are married.

P_L

Rjain,

I must correct you in that not all participants on this forum are dilliwallahs. They are, however, folks who will be interviewing at the US Embassy in New Delhi. They could be from J&K, Haryana, UP etc.

I bring this to your attention because I myself am not from Delhi and will be asking you Dilliwallahs a lot of questions about where to stay in Delhi, the best way to get to the Embassy, etc., etc. as we get closer to our CP interview.

P_L

CPFromDelhi,

On exactly which date did your AVRS change to case completed. Giving us a timeline on your NVC application (from the date of I-140 approval) would be very informative.
Thank you in advance.

P_L

Hi Pitambar,

I truly stand corrected – we Delhites have this bad habit of assuming that the world begins and ends within the confines of Delhi; and obviously outside Delhi is the USA!

We’ll try our best to provide guidance on staying and moving around in Delhi; may be if our dates coincide we may even end up meeting; (looks like the 8 days have nearly come and gone after the review completion)!

Also, CPFromDelhi, following P_L's advice, if you haven’t done so, please post your processing dates at www.cptracker.com. We both are religiously updating it and it would be great if you joined in too!

Cheers,

Rajeev

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Rajeev,

I trust your case has also been forwarded to New Delhi. I guess I was off by a day.

Thank you for your offer of guidance. I will take you up on that. So the first question is which good hotels are located close to the Embassy?

P_L

EMBASSY NOTICE REGARDING COURIER SERVICE FOR IMMIGRANT VISAS

Here is the notice posted on the US Embassy, New Delhi website

"The U.S. Embassy is pleased to announce that beginning May 3, 2004, all immigrant visas will be returned to the applicants by courier service. The fee for courier service will be Rs. 400 per applicant. After the interview, the successful applicants are required to contact the TT Services desk in the visa section lobby for courier pass back information and to pay the service charges of Rs. 400 per applicant".

The keywords here are "all immigrant visas", so there is no scope for same day pickup at the Embassy.

P_L

Again from the Embassy website the phone number for TT Services in case anyone wants to contact them for the method of payment (cash or DD)

Telephone inquiries may be directed to the TT Services office at 23554631, or 51540016.

P_L