Consular Processing (New Delhi)

rajeev:

and obviously outside Delhi is the USA!

Answer: I like the humor in your postings! :D . It's like folks out here say, the 50 states is the world and anything outside is the end of the world.

Hi KD and Pitambar,

If one doesn’t have humor, then one can go crazy in the GC process. To make the point, one guy in our office got his I-485 got approved last week without getting his I-140 approved; he went to Baltimore INS office and got the GC-Visa stamped in his passport!!!! Various theories on how this happened are floating around but the fact is that he got a GC in 11 months from filing I-140 via the I-485 route.

My package was also sent to NWD yesterday so I’m following Pitambar. Also feel good that some silent members are starting to surface with questions and participating in the forum.

2 of the best 5 stars (Maurya and Taj) are within 2 kms of the Embassy so if you want to start living life king size whilst interviewing then here’s your chance. Otherwise there are a handful of State Guest Houses in Chanakya Puri but you need some solid connection to get into these. There are many other choices, in Central and South Delhi, I’ll get some recommendations.

Bummer on the TT service getting invovled in IV handling too!

Cheers,

Rjain.

cpnwd

Congratulations on getting over with the most important thing in our life until you get it ..

In your CP experience post you have mentioned that the lady asked you question about overseas travel , what was it ? can you tell little bit in detail as to what was the question about ?

Thanks
Victor

(Waiting for Interview date at Mumbai - CAs # created)

Hello Rajeev,

Yes, i will definitely start living life kingsize, but after i get the GC. It would be heck of a bummer if i am checked in Maurya Sheraton and then am denied the immigrant visa.

If you could recommend some cheaper accomodation, i would be obliged.

P_L

Gurus,

If granted the immigrant visa my wife will be coming into the US at a later date.
What separate documents does she require for the immigrant visa interview?
If someone has gone (or going) through this situation, please reply.

P_L

Originally posted by Pitambar_Lal
Gurus,

If granted the immigrant visa my wife will be coming into the US at a later date.
What separate documents does she require for the immigrant visa interview?
If someone has gone (or going) through this situation, please reply.

P_L

Lots of people have experience with this scenario, including
yours truely.

She just needs to carry her VISA packet with the visa attached to
it. As an additional evidence, leave a photo copy of your Immigrant Visa with her.

Since she has to show this packet at several places during her
journey, ask her to keep it in a heavy and clear plastic pouch
so that it stays safe and need not be taken out.

In my case I made my wife and daugher place the packets back to
back in a plastic pouch , so that they can simply flip the pouch to show both the visas. It worked very well and they had to take them out only at the POE.

(After reading your post one more time, I got a doubt whether
you are referring to your wife travelling seperately after the
interview or appearing for the interview at a later date than
yours.

My post was about travelling seperately}

Raju

Last edited by a moderator:
Raju,

Thank you for your reply.
We will be appearing together for the interview but she will be travelling at a later date.

My question actually was about the interview itself. Will she need any documents for herself e.g. do I need two notarized employment letters. One for me and another for her.

If you could provide a list of such documents that both of us need to carry to the interview, it would be of tremendous help.

Thank you.

P_L

Originally posted by Pitambar_Lal
Raju,

Thank you for your reply.
We will be appearing together for the interview but she will be travelling at a later date.

My question actually was about the interview itself. Will she need any documents for herself e.g. do I need two notarized employment letters. One for me and another for her.

If you could provide a list of such documents that both of us need to carry to the interview, it would be of tremendous help.

Thank you.

P_L

I am listing these documents from memory and you may want
to search the forum for cross check.

For you:

1) Appointment Letter (Original)
2) DS 230 Part II (Unsigned)
3) DS 230 Part I - Copy
4) Notarized Emp. Letter (Original)
5) Medical Reports (As given by the physician)
6) Immigration Style Photographs. 3 in total, two of them
to be signed at front bottom. The third unsigned.
7) Marriage Certificate (Original+ copy)
8) Marriage Photos ( 3 or 4 in a clear plastic pouch)
9) Marriage Invitation card (Original + copy)
10) Birth Certificate (Original + copy)

or

Birth NAC (Original + copy)
+ Birth Affidavits (Originals + copies)

11) Pay stubs for the last 3 months or so + copies
12) Bank Statements
13) Tax transcripts
14) PCC
15) DD for courier fee (May be new thing for Delhi: Check on this
item : Rs.400 per applicant)
16) Your Original Passport (to be valid for atleast 8 months
beyond the date of your interview) + any old expired
passports.
17) W-2s for the last 3 years or your period of stay which ever
is less + copies

Support documentation:

a) I-140 approval
b) I-140 petition copy
c) LC copy
d) All INS approvals or copies of them
e) Proof of employment/ experience letters.
f) Proof of payment of Visa Issuance fee ($335)
g) Income tax filings copies

For your wife:

1) Appointment Letter (Copy)
2) DS 230 Part II (Unsigned)
3) DS 230 Part I - Copy
4) Notarized Emp. Letter (Copy)
5) Medical Reports (As given by the physician)
6) Immigration Style Photographs. 3 in total, two of them
to be signed at front bottom. The third unsigned.
7) Marriage Certificate (copy)
8) Marriage Photos ( 3 or 4 in a clear plastic pouch)
9) Marriage Invitation card (copy)
10) Birth Certificate (Original + copy)

or

Birth NAC (Original + copy)
+ Birth Affidavits (Originals + copies)

11) Notarized I-134
12) PCC
13) DD for courier fee (May be new thing for Delhi: Check on this
item : Rs.400 per applicant)
14) Your Original Passport (to be valid for atleast 8 months
beyond the date of your interview) + any old expired
passports.

Support documentation:

a )All INS approvals or copies of them
b) Proof of payment of Visa Issuance fee ($335)

Remember to ask for and get your Originals (Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificate, Birth NAC , Birth Affidavits ....)

Raju

Lodging suggestion near US Embassy, Delhi

Hi Pitambar,

Agree on the caution about living life king size prior to the GC that you made!

Although there are 100s of hotels in Delhi, finding one that is convenient to the embassy and reasonably priced is difficult – one that came to mind was Samrat which is located in Chankyapuri about 3-4 kms from the Consulate. This is also convenient to the doctors affiliated with the Consulate and the Kumar Studios. Being an ITDC outfit the service may not be great but it’s close to the Consulate. There are quite a few Inns and budget hotels in Central and South Delhi but the traffic in Delhi is nightmarish so you don’t want to stay too far.

I found the following link http://www.eglobe-hotels.com/hoteldetails.asp?propertyid=192 which is currently giving good rates till May; hopefully they’ll offer a similar discount in July/August when you actually need it. I’m sure that other forum members may have some other lodging suggestion on where they stayed or are planning to stay for their interviews.

Cheers,

Rjain.

Rajeev,

Thank you for the tip. From what i can recall traffic around Chanakyapuri was not too bad, so a three four km distance is accpetable.
I guess now all we got to do is wait. When do you plan to call the Embassy to find out if your papers have reached?

P_L

CP Experience Holders and Gurus,

My case was forwarded to the Embassy on 29th April. When should i expect the interview?

____________________Probability
June---------------------?
July-----------------------?
August--------------------?
September---------------?
October & Later---------?

My heartfelt thanks to all those that reply.

P_L

pitambar:

Once the case is forwarded to consulate via NVC then one can expect interview in about 2.5-3 months and in case of AC I-140 in about 3-3.5 months from the time the AC I-140 packet is mailed to the consulate. So if your's is regular CP via NVC then expect interview in July (as late as August)

Calling NWD

Hi Pitambar,

I was thinking of calling NWD in mid-May so that they hopefully had sufficient time to receive and to enter the application in the system. I’ve read in the forum folks saying that 8:45 ish IST seems to be the best time to call them but one must have a good redial feature. I'm on the East coast so the timings may be very inconvenient for me to keep calling them.

Thus I was thinking that I’d look up the cptracker to see when you update the status and then do an all-nighter next night to follow up with the Consulate on my status!!!

Cheers,

Rjain

Rajeev,

I will call the Embassy on Monday night next week (Tuesday morning IST).
From the postings on the CP Tracker I figured it takes them about a week to receive the files and enter them. I will post the outcome ASAP.

P_L

REGARDING COURIER

ND has just started returning Immigrant Visas by courier. Does anyone know if the passports are returned to New Delhi addresses the very next day or is the return time variable?

P_L

Hello CPNWD,

How is post GC life? Kingsize?
When was your case sent to the Embassy from NVC?
Thank you for your prompt reply.

P_L

Folks,

I was checking the May 2004 interview dates at the New Delhi Embassy and found that many of the cases had been sent to the Embassy in January 2004. There was also one that was sent on 14 November 2003. Is this the new trend for ND? People who have their interviews in May or have gone through the process at ND will be in a position to answer this.

P_L