Consular Processing (New Delhi)

elector:

For you to changed from AOS to AC I-140 (type of CP) you will need to file I-824 which will authorize the NWD consulate to process your case. Once you receive the I-824 you will need to include it in your AC I-140 packet and mail NWD consulate and based on yoru i-824 receipt they will schedule an interview.

Everyone knows NWD and Mumbai accept AC I-140 process based on I-824 receipt. Re-confirm with your attorneys or you can send an email to NWD and once you receive a response inform your attorneys!

Validity of Police Certificate

Could someone please let us know the validity of a Police Certificate from the date of issue, for a New Delhi CP interview. I am going to obtain one from the San Francisco consulate but am undecided wheter to wait or go for it now. From reading this thread i understand it is 6 months but my lawyer thinks it is 1year.
Thanks in advance.

PL

AOS v AC140

Hi

Can anybody let me know what kind of Police Clearence certificate is required by the US Embassy , is there any set
language for such certificates accepted by The Embassy in
New Delhi ?
Is there any police clearence required from the US also?

Also please let me know what happens in the event that
an interview date is fixed for Ac140 and some how you change your mind or you are unable to go for reasons beyond your control and ultimately decide not to go for the interview? Since you have already filed for the I-824 does the AOS continue as is till specifically withdrawn by us in writing. Please clarify.

thanks

Re: Validity of Police Certificate

Originally posted by Pitambar_Lal
Could someone please let us know the validity of a Police Certificate from the date of issue, for a New Delhi CP interview. I am going to obtain one from the San Francisco consulate but am undecided wheter to wait or go for it now. From reading this thread i understand it is 6 months but my lawyer thinks it is 1year.
Thanks in advance.

PL

Presently the validity is 6 months from the date of issue.

Raju

Re: AOS v AC140

Originally posted by mssj
Hi

Can anybody let me know what kind of Police Clearence certificate is required by the US Embassy , is there any set
language for such certificates accepted by The Embassy in
New Delhi ?

{If you are currently residing in US then you need 1 Pcc from
the Indian Consulate or Embassy nearest to your place of
living. The issueing authority has the format}

Is there any police clearence required from the US also?

{No PCC is required for your stay in US from US authorities}

Also please let me know what happens in the event that
an interview date is fixed for Ac140 and some how you change your mind or you are unable to go for reasons beyond your control and ultimately decide not to go for the interview? Since you have already filed for the I-824 does the AOS continue as is till specifically withdrawn by us in writing. Please clarify.

{If it is just a postponement you can do so by contacting
the consulate. }

thanks

{my responses}

Raju

Validity of Police Certificate

Raju 595,

Thanx for your reply. Is the validity of the PCC documented anywhere?

Also, at what time of the CP process should I apply for a PCC so that I dont have to get another one because the first one expired?

Thanks once again.

PL

pitambar_lal:

If you send an email to the consulate they will reply stating the PCC should not be older than 6 months!

Normally PCC is required at the time of the cp interview. So it is safe to apply for the PCC when you are expecting your Packet 3 from NVC.

Re: Validity of Police Certificate

Originally posted by Pitambar_Lal
Raju 595,

Thanx for your reply. Is the validity of the PCC documented anywhere?

Also, at what time of the CP process should I apply for a PCC so that I dont have to get another one because the first one expired?

Thanks once again.

PL

As kd has suggested the sure way is to get the written
confirmation from the consulate about the validity of the PCC.

When you plan for the PCC keep in mind that it takes roughly
45 days for you to get it from the local consulate. So applying
for it around the time of receipt of packet 3 should work.

Raju

Format of PCC query to Embassy

People have been advising others about getting an email from NWD confirming the requirements of PCC only from US if one has been in the US since 1+ years. My wife and I have been here for over 10+ years.

My questions are:

1) In the e-mail does one mentions the NVC# and our names?
2) Does anyone have an e-mail format that worked for them that they can share?

Thx,

Rjain2

ac140

Hi ,

Please clarify the followings :-

a) If one goes in for an AC140 processing do we have to file an EAD & AP. My HI is currently valid for another 7-8 months do I still need to file an EAD if going in for an AC140 ?

2) What happens to the status of my kids who are dependent upon me? Do they remain on an H4 ? Does the HI become invild once the EAD & AP is approved ?

3) Is there anykind of police clerance needed from the US also prior to going in for interview or PCC from India only is fine?

Thanks

rjain:

1) In the e-mail does one mentions the NVC# and our names?
Answer: There is no need to include your name or case number.

2) Does anyone have an e-mail format that worked for them that they can share?
Answer: Boss...there is specific email format. Ask in simple english for someone like yourself who has been in usa for xx years, do you need pcc from indian consulate in usa or from local police in india plus from regional passport office in india. And await their reply!

mssj:

1) If one goes in for an AC140 processing do we have to file an EAD & AP. My HI is currently valid for another 7-8 months do I still need to file an EAD if going in for an AC140 ?

Answer: AC I-140 is a type of CP and EAD & AP relate to 485 which is a different process. If you are doing AC I-140 then you do not need to file for EAD / AP if you have a valid H-1B and as long as you are working on h-1b visa.

==============================================

2) What happens to the status of my kids who are dependent upon me? Do they remain on an H4 ? Does the HI become invild once the EAD & AP is approved ?

Answer: If you remain on H-1B visa all your dependents remain on H-4.

==============================================

3) Is there anykind of police clerance needed from the US also prior to going in for interview or PCC from India only is fine?

Answer: You and all you dependents who are going in for the cp interview need PCC from Indian consulate. You do not need PCC for your stay in usa as it is tracked based on ssn or tax id number issued to those without ssn.

Kd

Question for you ..

Does a person needs EAD or AP if he is going for AC-140 ..?

I will be doing AC-140 but I do not have EAD or AP. however, I do have valid H-1 and my wife has valid H-4.

victor:

Since you are valid h-1 visa and dependents on valid h-4 visa you can proceed with filing I-824 for AC I-140 process. You are in good shape. Just make sure that your visas are valid and if extension is required for those visa apply for those extensions before their expiration!

AC140

Hi,

Many thanks to you Kd1403 for your response to my earlier questions. Since I got my H1 here in the US my passport does not bear a stamp of the H1 visa. So would it be better to get an EAD & AP done while going in for the Ac140 interview or a proper vaild H1 is fine ?

If I do opt to file EAD & AP what happens to the H1 does it get cancelled. In that event what happens to the status of my H4 dependants?

The Police Certificate that is required to be obtained from the Local Passport Office I think has a vaildity of six months, is that correct? The period for which the Police certificate is required for my wife includes the time when we both were not married.
So would I need two PCC for her, one before marriage and one after marriage. Since the last name change after marriage please clarify whether the PCC should be in her maiden name or in the present last name?

Thanks