Consular Processing (New Delhi)

Any one applied for Ac i140 consular processing at New Delhi please respond.

I called the consulate in new delhi today to enquire about my case and also to get the case number. The officer said one should have a case number for him to give out some information. We tried to make him understand that our case is aci140, but he did not seem to understand anything. I found it very strange.

Can any one tell us how you got your case number??
Is it by calling the embassy or do they email it to you??
it has been a month since We sent our papers. no response yet.

parora,

Though I cannot be certain, my feeling is, it is about the name
check for your wife.

Give it 10 days or so, and approach them to get some information.

Good luck!

Raju

raju,
you are correct. My wife went back and talked to the conselor and he basically said that the conselor foocice messed up. They did name check on my wifes old name and now need to do on new name. they said to follow up in 10-12 days.

i have a few questions for you
1) what is process of name check....does it come to US?
2) what happens if name check comes back negative (as wifes name is very common indian name)
3)what is recent time that you have seen name check come back in?
thanks

Are there new rules?

my case was originally for adjustment of status with a date of sept,02....I wanted things moving quicker and requested counsalar processing...initially by mistake was offered IV interview two years ago when could not go because did not fulfill 212E criteria...and the embassy sent my petetion back here for the 485.....now when my attorney submitted packets 2 and 3 and asked them to reopen the same case..the response was that could not be done as case already transferred..attorney then also file I 824 receipt..in november..but counsal wants oroiginal petetion.which does not make sense as 824 processing is nearly as slow as 485....any suggestions..ideas.....brainwaves.anyone....:(

elector:

Depending on your consulate you can pursue what is called ac i-140 (attorney certified i-140) process. What would be your consulate if you were to do CP? In that event you do not have to wait for i-824 approval!

elector:

In about 2-3 weeks your attorney will receive an email with NWD consulates decision whether they have decided to accept or reject the AC I-140 case. More than likely it will get accepted and that email will contain a NWD case number for your CP case. From the date your attorney gets that email, you can expect to receiev a cp interview interview in about 2.5-3 months!

Question

I am from Delhi and my wife is a Mexican citizen. I applied for 1-40/I-485 (AOS) on Oct 8, 2003 (TSC). Can somebody please advise given that my wife is not from India what are my chances of getting accepted by New Delhi using AC140. Also, my F-1's are from Delhi but H-1's are from Canada (just went there as TCN) and State (revalidation in US). Do you think I-140 will take a couple of more months? Finally will she need a PCC from Mexican Consulate or is that a requirement only for Indian Nationals?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
AC140

Vratta :
Can you please share your experience with me as far as
AC140 in New Delhi is concerned. Actually I am in two minds wether to file an AC140 or continue with the AOS only as things appear to be moving here also.
Would appreciate your briefing me the paper work etc. required,
the questions asked and the risks if any for AC-140. Do we need to file an I824 form with it, in that case do we have to abandon the AOS application as well as the EAD??

Re: Question

Originally posted by luzarun
I am from Delhi and my wife is a Mexican citizen. I applied for 1-40/I-485 (AOS) on Oct 8, 2003 (TSC). Can somebody please advise given that my wife is not from India what are my chances of getting accepted by New Delhi using AC140.
AC140 is based on the primary applicant's country of citizenship. Since you are an Indian citizen, you and your dependents application for AC-140 will be accepted by the US Embassy in India. But since your dependent(wife) is a Mexixan citizen, there might be a different/additional set of documents that might be required for your interview. I am not sure what those documents will be. Please consult an attorney or call INS to find more info about it. You may also want to call the US Embassy in India to confirm the list of documents required by US immigration officer in India.

Also, my F-1's are from Delhi but H-1's are from Canada (just went there as TCN) and State (revalidation in US). Do you think I-140 will take a couple of more months?

I am not sure how long it's taking for the I-140 to get approved these days.

Finally will she need a PCC from Mexican Consulate or is that a requirement only for Indian Nationals?

I am sure your Mexican wife will need some kind of PCC/INS letter from Mexico for the interview in India as the immigration officers in US Embassy are very careful/vigilentl about every document provided due to number of fraud cases in the past.

Thanks

Thanks CPDelhi

First I want to thank CPDelhi for his time to answer all of my questions. I have 2 more questions:
1. Also, my F-1's are from Delhi but H-1's are from Canada (just went there as TCN) and State (revalidation in US) - The acceptance of AC140 requires that the last visa be issued from the consular post or that you resided there and were issued at least 1 visa stamp from that post.
2. I am totally confused about what need to be sent to Delhi (once I-140 is approved). Yes, I have read immihelp.com and many threads over here. Can somebody please clarify that in AC140 the documents that need to be sent to Delhi
(i) only include the required forms (I forget the exact numbers) and copy of I-140 etc
(ii) Do we need to send copies of all birth certificate(s), previous H-1's etc or NOT. I write this because in one of the posts that is what seems to be suggested
(iii) What EXACT documents need to be certified by the lawyer? I mean does he need to put his stamp on each documents (which one)? Again, I apologize for my ignorance but I want to benefit from others experiences.
Call me neurotic (this process has done that to me) but I would greatly appreciate a DETAILED list (not telling me to go to immihelp.com) of the documents that need to be sent to Delhi to initiate AC140.
Finally, I have been in the US since 1989 (Masters then PhD then H-1) does the length of my stay make CP more risky (I mean I have all F-1's etc). I find almost no information whether CP has been done by folks with relative short stays in the US? How come some folks I-765 and I-140 gets approved at the same time?
PS: CPDelhi - I live in Tampa

CP process

luzarun,

If you were out of status for any duration of time since your arrival in 1989 could be the biggest drawback in the CP process.

I am in hurry now. More later.

Thanks.

CP and Status

CPDelhi when you have time can you please try to answer my other questios. Here is one more. I have always been in status (hard to believe but true) but I wonder how do they ensure that in a 5 min interview?

Thanks

Raju,

Nice to see you working diligently to help/guide/answer CPers/Non Cpers questions. You have been doing a great job here.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Raju595
Hi cpDelhi,

Good to see you back!

Raju

Re: Thanks CPDelhi

First I want to thank CPDelhi for his time to answer all of my questions. I have 2 more questions:
1. Also, my F-1's are from Delhi but H-1's are from Canada (just went there as TCN) and State (revalidation in US) - The acceptance of AC140 requires that the last visa be issued from the consular post or that you resided there and were issued at least 1 visa stamp from that post.

I didn't do AC-140, hence I don't know the pre-requisites of AC-140. But I also had only F1 from Delhi and H1 from Mexico and also from revalidation in US. No questions were asked in this regard, but I took the classic CP (regular) route. I don’t think that this will be an issue in getting the CP interview successful.

2. I am totally confused about what need to be sent to Delhi (once I-140 is approved). Yes, I have read immihelp.com and many threads over here. Can somebody please clarify that in AC140 the documents that need to be sent to Delhi
(i) only include the required forms (I forget the exact numbers) and copy of I-140 etc

Packet 3 for sure. I will have to check the previous postings on this thread and others to compile a complete list. You will have to do some homework to get an answer.

(ii) Do we need to send copies of all birth certificate(s), previous H-1's etc or NOT. I write this because in one of the posts that is what seems to be suggested

You will need only copies of the birth certificate, PCC, H1, F1, passport, etc. with packet 3. You will need originals for the interview.

(iii) What EXACT documents need to be certified by the lawyer? I mean does he need to put his stamp on each documents (which one)? Again, I apologize for my ignorance but I want to benefit from others experiences.

I guess your attorney should know for the better. But there will not be any harm, if s/he certifies all the documents sent by him in packet 3.

Call me neurotic (this process has done that to me) but I would greatly appreciate a DETAILED list (not telling me to go to immihelp.com) of the documents that need to be sent to Delhi to initiate AC140.

As I mentioned above, I didn't take the AC-140 CP route. What I know for sure is that an attorney is surely required to do an AC-140 for an individual. Your attorney should be able to give an updated list of the documents required and will also know the documents to be signed before sending to the US consulate.

But my guess is that the documents for the classic CP and Ac-140 route are the same.

Finally, I have been in the US since 1989 (Masters then PhD then H-1) does the length of my stay make CP more risky (I mean I have all F-1's etc). I find almost no information whether CP has been done by folks with relative short stays in the US? How come some folks I-765 and I-140 gets approved at the same time?
PS: CPDelhi - I live in Tampa

Re: CP and Status

CPDelhi when you have time can you please try to answer my other questios. Here is one more. I have always been in status (hard to believe but true) but I wonder how do they ensure that in a 5 min interview?

All the checking of the documents/name check/fraud check is done prior to the CP interview. The interview is just for few minutes where the immigration/consular officer sees you in person and make your swear that the contents in the application are true/correct as per your knowledge, if all the checks for you and your dependent have come out positive.

If the information in the application is wrong/false, then the immigration status can be revoked at any time in future.

Thanks.

AC140 or AOS

Hi

Can you please share your experience with me as far as
AC140 in New Delhi is concerned. Actually I am in two minds wether to file an AC140 or continue with the AOS only as things appear to be moving here also.
Would appreciate your briefing me the paper work etc. required,
the questions asked and the risks if any for AC-140. Do we need to file an I-824 form with it, in that case do we have to abandon the AOS application as well as the EAD??

Now that we are hearing rumours that Texas is processing 485's quickly what would be your advise wether to go in for AC140 or stay in the AOS que. My 485 was filed in Oct 2002.

Thanks
:)

mssj:

Details of AC I-140 and documents required:
http://www.immihelp.com/gc/consular/ac140.html

Risks:
Risk for AOS = Risk for CP
No CP risk if one maintains the job till cp interview date, no contagious medical history, no criminal record in any country after age of 16 and no out of status immigrant record!

Texas 485 moving fast we will see if it really moves fast. They are still rumors!

My attorney was told by delhi embassy that since I had filed for AOS and my papers were here..they will not entertain CP till I withdraw the AOS and will not accept the receipt ie 824...sounds ridiculous since processing time for 824 is as bad as AOS...my papers here are at vermont...any thoughts anyone...
AOS date is sept.2002:(