Consular Processing (New Delhi)

Re: ac140

Originally posted by gbittu
Hi,

Went for employment letter notraized and came to know a notary can certify only signatures who is sigining in front of him/her. As the letter has been sighned by my HR who is in a different city, I will not be able to have EL notarized. How did you got this problem resolved.......

Thanks

Most companies have a secretary or an employee, who has notary authority. These personalities would notary the employment letter as they are aware of the management/HR officers in thier company.

kd1403 solution is also another way of getting the employment letter notarized.

Thanks.

Re: Re: ac140

Thanks CPdelhi,

You are right but I am contracting in other city than where my office is, so finding difficult. I have requested my HR to send me the notarized letter.

Thanks

Originally posted by cpDelhi
Most companies have a secretary or an employee, who has notary authority. These personalities would notary the employment letter as they are aware of the management/HR officers in thier company.

kd1403 solution is also another way of getting the employment letter notarized.

Thanks.

Can anyone tell me a best time to call New Delhi consulate? I have been trying between 11 and 1 at night (central time). No one picks up the phone? No reply for emails too.

damsel'ndistres,
The best time to call new delhi consulate is around 10:00-11:00 p.m C.S.T. I have tried twice and got it at second try only.
Good luck.

contacting embassy

I have been trying to contatc embassy at the numbers and time mentioned in this thread but have not been too successful....my papers were submited on sept 4 and have not heard anything from them yet regarding IV scheduling...any suggestions or idea about how long does the embassy usually take to respond.

Re: contacting embassy

Originally posted by elector
I have been trying to contatc embassy at the numbers and time mentioned in this thread but have not been too successful....my papers were submited on sept 4 and have not heard anything from them yet regarding IV scheduling...any suggestions or idea about how long does the embassy usually take to respond.

As per the statistics, you should have an interview in month of October, if your case want through the classical NVC route processing. The dates should be available on the US Embassy, New Delhi URL (http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/wwwhint.html) any time now. The date for the interviews for the following month should be published on the website between 15 and 20 of the month.

You have to keep trying again and again. Persistence and perseverance are the key words. The numbers are correct and it's a little harder to get through but I have personally tried and was successful on talking to the New Delhi US Embassy's personnel many times.

Thanks & Good Luck.

QUESTION REGRADING PCC

hi,

I have chosen for CP at New Delhi. I have some questions regarding PCC.

Question #1:

I have been living in USA since last 6 years. I know I need to get PCC from Indian consulate in USA.
How about PCC from INDIA? Do I need to get PCC from India too?
How about PCC from local police officein USA? Do I need to get PCC from local police office in USA?

Question # 2:

This is really Important question for me. This is regarding PCC for my wife. SHE IS A BRITISH CITIZEN. Her las passport was issued by BRITISH consulate at BOMBAY. She has been living in USA since last 5 and ½ Years with me. Before that she was living in India only for last 20 years.

What would be the procedure for her PCC? Do I need to get PCC for her from Indian consulate in USA? Do I need to get PCC for her from UK consulate in USA? Do I need to get PCC for her from INDIA? OR Do i need to get PCC from all the following places:

1. PCC for her from Indian consulate in USA
2. PCC for her from UK consulate in USA
3. PCC for her from Indian
4. PCC for her from local Police office in USA

I am really confused.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks
vsaxena

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: QUESTION REGRADING PCC

Originally posted by vsaxena
hi,

Question #1:

I have been living in USA since last 6 years. I know I need to get PCC from Indian consulate in USA. How about PCC from INDIA? Do I need to get PCC from India too?

No You don't need a PCC from India. The PCC issued by the Indian consualte/embassy in US will suffice the needs for US immigration purposes.

Question # 2:

This is really Important question for me. This is regarding PCC for my wife. SHE IS A BRITISH CITIZEN. Her las passport was issued by BRITISH consulate at BOMBAY. She has been living in USA since last 5 and ½ Years with me. Before that she was living in India only for last 20 years.

What would be the procedure for her PCC? Do I need to get PCC for her from Indian consulate in USA? Do I need to get PCC for her from UK consulate in USA? Do I need to get PCC for her from INDIA? I am really confused.

This is my guess: I think your wife will need a PCC from the British Consulate in US. The British consulate might request the Indian consulate to get her record from India.

If I were you, I would have contacted the US Embassy in India and also the British Embassy in US to get a better grasp on the situation.

Also try posting on Ron Gotcher's site (http://immigration-information.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=13).

Thanks
vsaxena

Thanks cpdelhi

Thanks for such a quick reply!

I have edited my post littile bit. could you please look into and reply?

one more thing, how can i contact US Embassy in India and British Embassy in US? is there an emial-id? if you can provide contact info, that would be great.

Thanks
vsaxena

Re: Thanks cpdelhi

Thanks for such a quick reply!

I have edited my post littile bit. could you please look into and reply?

one more thing, how can i contact US Embassy in India

TIme : 8:30 to 4:30 Indian Time
US Embassy (New Delhi) Phone numbers:
011-91-11-24198062
011-91-11-24198374
E-mail: ivnd@state.gov

US Embassy (New Delhi) official website: http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/

and British Embassy in US? is there an emial-id? if you can provide contact info, that would be great.

British Embassy Official Website: www.britain-info.org

British Embassy has offices in NewYork, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Atlanta, San Francisco, Seattle, Orlando, etc. So do some surfing and get the info from the closest embassy/consulate near you.

Good Luck.

Thanks
vsaxena

Re: QUESTION REGRADING PCC

hi,

Question #1:

I have been living in USA since last 6 years. I know I need to get PCC from Indian consulate in USA.
How about PCC from INDIA? Do I need to get PCC from India too?
How about PCC from local police officein USA? Do I need to get PCC from local police office in USA?

Question # 2:

What would be the procedure for her PCC? Do I need to get PCC for her from Indian consulate in USA? Do I need to get PCC for her from UK consulate in USA? Do I need to get PCC for her from INDIA? OR Do i need to get PCC from all the following places:

1. PCC for her from Indian consulate in USA

This is required for Indian Citizen Only, as far as my knowledge.
2. PCC for her from UK consulate in USA

Yes. Applicable for your Brit-Wife.
3. PCC for her from Indian

I am not sure of the US immigration or British requirements. So contact them for a more specific answer.
4. PCC for her from local Police office in USA

Not Required.

I am really confused.

Don't be confused. Ask questions and do your home work. Confusion will evaporate.

Thanks
vsaxena

CPDELHI - for you

CPDELHI,
i just posted 2 questions on 2 different threads. Since the interview is in Delhi, I would appreciate your advice/recommendations. I am conbining both for you.

My question is regarding what does Delhi consulate require for marriage certrificate/proof of relationship. This is for follow-to-join for my wife. we were married before I got my GC.

MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
We got married under 'Hindu Marriage Act' and our marriage was done in a gurudwara. We do NOT have any letter/affidavit from the religious preists. We DO have a court registration of marriage. This is NOT a court marriage but a registration of a religious marriage.

Is this document enough??? Do we need affidavit from religious preist.? Do we need affidavit from wifes parents?

PHOTOS/PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP
we need to show photos of our marriage and of the trips that I took (4) to meet her during this past 22 months.

My question is for the interview, how many photos and what specific events are they concerned about. Our wedding photo album has over 300 photos while each trip has about 40-50 photos. I am not sure if my wife should carry all the albums or just a few photos. I also have phone bills to show that we communicated constantly (2-3 calls/day on average).

My main concern is that I want the embassy to have enough proof that we were married and that we continue to keep a married relationship

All advise is appreciated.

thanks

Re: CPDELHI - for you

Originally posted by parora
CPDELHI,
i just posted 2 questions on 2 different threads. Since the interview is in Delhi, I would appreciate your advice/recommendations. I am conbining both for you.

My question is regarding what does Delhi consulate require for marriage certrificate/proof of relationship. This is for follow-to-join for my wife. we were married before I got my GC.

The biggest proof will be a court letter, letter from the priest on the Gurudawara's letter head, marriage invitation cards and the way your wife answer's any consular officer's question.

I am sure the marriage will not be an issue in your case. Marriage becomes an issue when an American citizen (mostly gori/kali) marrying somebody out of America. The consular officer in that case thinks that the marriage was made for for immigartion and not for really staying as couple.

MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
We got married under 'Hindu Marriage Act' and our marriage was done in a gurudwara. We do NOT have any letter/affidavit from the religious preists. We DO have a court registration of marriage. This is NOT a court marriage but a registration of a religious marriage.

Court registration of marriage is the most legal way of proving your marriage.

Is this document enough??? Do we need affidavit from religious preist.? Do we need affidavit from wifes parents?

You really don't need a ton of documents to prove your relationship. But there is no harm in getting them if you are really paranoid about the situation.

PHOTOS/PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP
we need to show photos of our marriage and of the trips that I took (4) to meet her during this past 22 months.

You can take one album to prove the marriage ceremony did take place. Documents about trips doesn't really mean that you were married. But it will show that you do care about your wife and visited her as often as you could.

My question is for the interview, how many photos and what specific events are they concerned about. Our wedding photo album has over 300 photos while each trip has about 40-50 photos. I am not sure if my wife should carry all the albums or just a few photos. I also have phone bills to show that we communicated constantly (2-3 calls/day on average).

Just carry the marriage ceremony photographs. Phone call don't really prove that your marriage.

My main concern is that I want the embassy to have enough proof that we were married and that we continue to keep a married relationship[b/]
I am sure you have enough proof to prove your marriage and you shouldn't worry too much as you did the right thing in the right way.

All advise is appreciated.

thanks

H1 extension and CP

Hi,

Recently I got my labor approved and I have chosen for consular processing.

In the current scenario I might not be able to get my I140 approved or CP date scheduled before the expiration of my 6 years of H1 (My H1 will be expired next 6 months).

Is it possible to get 7th or 8th year extension with CP option?

Thanks

Re: H1 extension and CP

Hi,

Recently I got my labor approved and I have chosen for consular processing.

In the current scenario I might not be able to get my I140 approved or CP date scheduled before the expiration of my 6 years of H1 (My H1 will be expired next 6 months).

Is it possible to get 7th or 8th year extension with CP option?

Thanks

Irrespective of the route you choose ( cp or AOS) you are eligible
for the 7 th year extension.

Raju

CPDELHI/RAJU/KD..please help

All,
I have posted as well as a seperate thread...but since Ithis happpened in delhi, I am posting on this thread....please help.

This is regards to my wifes GC as follow-to-join.

Below is a summary of my wifes case...I am using bogus names.

My name: TOM SMITH
Wifes maiden name: JANE BROWN
Wife’s new name: JANE SMITH (new passport issued in august 2003)

We got married: Jan 2002
TOM GC approved April 2002 (so JANE qualifies for follow-to-join_

824 filed May 2002
J1 (212e) waiver filed in June 2002. JANE had visited the US on B1 (transferred to F1) and then on J1 visa. All of this was before marriage. She visited US as JANE BROWN. Has always been legal.

824 approved May 2002 and transferred to Delhi.
J1 waiver approved October 2002
August 2002 got new passport and changed name to JANE SMITH. This was advised by my lawyer.
All documents were in order prior for interview.

Interview on 29th October 2002

- JANE went in at 10AM. Presented all docs. Standard 4-5 questions (all conducted by Indian staff). Was asked to take oath and was told that visa was approved. Was asked to come at 4PM to collect visa. At 4PM she picked up passport and sealed envelope (A4 size, brown) with all documents in it. Docs were presented and she left the building. She then noticed that name on visa was JANE BROWN (while passport is JANE SMITH) and went back. She asked if visa having old name was a problem and was told to come next day and they would provide visa with new name.

- On 30th, she went at 4PM to pick up new visa and was told that “counselor was not comfortable giving visa on JANE SMITH”. JANE BROWN visa was cancelled. They) but no explanation was given. S have asked to come back in 2 weeks with no explanation as to what they are doing. The visa was not denied (no official denial letter issuedhe was told that it would have to go back to the US (nothing else said) and that she should check back in 2 weeks. They have returned wifes passport.

SO, I need your help in helpin gme understand what could have happened....my guesses are
1) they need to do administrative check on NEW name and then issue visa. (it seems that takes abotu 10 days)
2) they ask us to refile 824 and do whole process again with wifes new name. (that would take another 2-3 years)

Also, did we do anything legally wrong by changing wifes name.

thanks