Consular Processing (New Delhi)

ashish:

I concur with cpdelhi. Delhi and Bombay consulates are accepting AC I-140 based on I-824 receipts. Chennai is the only indian consulate that does not accept AC I-140 based on I-824 receipts...

Do the following:
* Send an email to New Delhi
* Call the delhi consulate if need be.
* Check this site which is a proof that New Delhi accepts AC I-140 (http://www.immihelp.com/gc/consular/ac140.html)

Like cpdelhi said attorneys/ companies discourage candidates from AC I-140 since one gets GC faster than traditional CP process. But remember dont tick off your attorney since you will definitely need your attorney to process AC I-140 since it is attorney certified I-140. Try convincing your attorney to proceed with AC I-140 @ Delhi!

ac140

Hi CPdelhi,

Thank you very much for your reply. This forum is quite helpful in collecting the information.

I was just wondering whether :
* Does employment based immigration also require I-864 (affidavit of support) to be filled up?

* Do we need to have the IRS tax transcript or our 1040/540 are suffice for this purpose?

Thanks
Rajnish

thanks members

Thanks cpDelhi, kd1403

I was also sure abt AC I 140, but i just wanted to confirm.

Can any of u plz provide me links or contact details of new delhi consulate.

Also if you have any idea abt how long it takes once for interview once i apply for AC-I 140.

kd1403, I already gone thro that immihelp website. It is good resource. I thought that link might not be updated for new law changes for new delhi consulate.

gbittu:

* Does employment based immigration also require I-864 (affidavit of support) to be filled up?
Answer: No, I-864 is only for family based consular process. I-134 is for employment based immigrant process. they are both affidavits of support but different form numbers where 864 is used for family and 134 for employment based

* Do we need to have the IRS tax transcript or our 1040/540 are suffice for this purpose?
Answer: IRS transcript is not required but strongly recommended. Call 800-829-1040 and you will get in mail within 10 days. It is a free service. You definitely need to carry 1040's for last 3 years including W-2 for same period. Transcript is not a requirement but 1040 is a requirement. At the same time i strongly advise you to carry the transcripts.

ashish:

Can any of u plz provide me links or contact details of new delhi consulate.
Answer: US Consulate new delhi web site:
http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/wwwhconsu.html

Also if you have any idea abt how long it takes once for interview once i apply for AC-I 140.
Answer: About 4-5 weeks for consulate to acknowledge receipt and provide a NWD case number and 2.5-3.5 months from then one gets an interview. So about 3.5-4.5 months from the time you have mailed a complete AC I-140 packet is when you should expect the interview.

Re: ac140

Originally posted by gbittu
Hi CPdelhi,

Thank you very much for your reply. This forum is quite helpful in collecting the information.

I was just wondering whether :

Usually NOT, untill unless you have more than 5% stake in your company. Employment based immigrants need to file I-134 for all its dependents.

Thoough not an requirement, all CPers do carry tax transcripts (to be on safe side) for last three tax years in US.

Thanks
Rajnish

Re: Re: Delhi CP confusion.

Hi Ashish,

I have applied AC140 in June and I have got the interview date for Oct. As CPdelhi auggested you can check directly from the Delhi embassy. The only thing is you should have the !-824 receipt notice with you.

Thanks
Rajnish

Originally posted by cpDelhi
I don't think that's true. To confirm, why don't you call and e-mail the US COnsulate, New Delhi for a specific answer. I know there are couple of other members who are processing through AC-140 right now.

damsel'ndistres, is one of them. I think your attoreny is just taking you for a ride. You should have applied AC-140 as soon as you filed I-824 and not wait for the I-824 approval.

Good Luck.

Hi CPDelhi and kd1403,

Thanks for your posting regarding my query. Although both of you have suggested for IRS tax transcript but unfortunately I dont have sufficient time to apply.

Thanks once again......

Originally posted by kd1403
gbittu:

Answer: No, I-864 is only for family based consular process. I-134 is for employment based immigrant process. they are both affidavits of support but different form numbers where 864 is used for family and 134 for employment based

Answer: IRS transcript is not required but strongly recommended. Call 800-829-1040 and you will get in mail within 10 days. It is a free service. You definitely need to carry 1040's for last 3 years including W-2 for same period. Transcript is not a requirement but 1040 is a requirement. At the same time i strongly advise you to carry the transcripts.

gbittu:

dont worry about irs transcripts....what i am suggesting is that anyway call 800-829-1040 and request the transcript. For all you know you may even get it in next 3 days although normally it takes upto 2 weeks.

Lets say you do not get in before you leave for india, as long as you have all your tax forms for last 3 years including w-2 you should be fine

Local IRS office

You can also walk into the local IRS office and they can pull down your tax transcripts (if you did file with IRS for last three years) right then. So drop by your local IRS office for the Tax transcripts. Its takes about a week to get the tax transcripts by postal mail.

Thanks & Good Luck.

Re: Local IRS office

You are absolutely right CPdelhi-the other way round is to go to local IRS office. But they gave me form 4506 to fill up and told me to send it to the IRS office to get my transcript.

Thanks
Originally posted by cpDelhi
You can also walk into the local IRS office and they can pull down your tax transcripts (if you did file with IRS for last three years) right then. So drop by your local IRS office for the Tax transcripts. Its takes about a week to get the tax transcripts by postal mail.

Thanks & Good Luck.

ac140

BTW does consulate accept cash/travellers cheque in dollars also. Although it mentioned in the packet 4 letter but there is a confusing statement as in one line they say-we dont accept cash and in next -we accept cash/TC in dollars (my guess is they dont accept cash in Rs.). Just wanted to confirm.

Thanks

gbittu ,Few questions for you.....

I know that you are going through aci140 at New Delhi consulate like me. Could you please tell me how long did it take to get a case number once you send your packet 3 to the consulate. My packet 3 documents were received by the consulate on 29th september. How long will it take for them to enter my information in their system? Did you call the consulate to get your case number ? How did you get your case number?Please respond.

Thankx in advance.

Re: ac140

Originally posted by gbittu
BTW does consulate accept cash/travellers cheque in dollars also. Although it mentioned in the packet 4 letter but there is a confusing statement as in one line they say-we dont accept cash and in next -we accept cash/TC in dollars (my guess is they dont accept cash in Rs.). Just wanted to confirm.

Thanks

I think US consulate does accept cash (INR: Indian Ruppes denominations), but I think its wise and safe to carry TC/bank drafts (cashier checks in US).

Thanks.

Re: gbittu ,Few questions for you.....

Hi,

I sent my papers in June and I had to talk to them for getting the case number. I called them first time in Aug first week. They scheduled me for the interview for October.

Thanks
Originally posted by damsel'ndistres
I know that you are going through aci140 at New Delhi consulate like me. Could you please tell me how long did it take to get a case number once you send your packet 3 to the consulate. My packet 3 documents were received by the consulate on 29th september. How long will it take for them to enter my information in their system? Did you call the consulate to get your case number ? How did you get your case number?Please respond.

Thankx in advance.

gbittu:

If you fill out form 4506 and mail it in, it will take the same time as calling 800-829-1040 and requesting transcripts. So what i suggest is call the number and request it in mail and also explain to the rep your situation that you may not be there to pick up the mail and see he/ she is willing to fax it to you in usa? Fax may be your fastest and the frankly speaking only option.

damsel:

I concur with cpdelhi that it is more advisable to carry bank draft as opposed to carrying hard cash in Rs.

ac140

Hi,

Went for employment letter notraized and came to know a notary can certify only signatures who is sigining in front of him/her. As the letter has been sighned by my HR who is in a different city, I will not be able to have EL notarized. How did you got this problem resolved.......

Thanks

gbittu:

This is the exact reason why HR normally prints out the letter and then signs in front of the notary public and then gives you the notarized employment letter.

The only way for you to solve this issue is to have your HR print out another employment letter and have them sign in front of a notary public and then mail you the letter!

ac140

Thanks Kdivekar......

Originally posted by kd1403
gbittu:

This is the exact reason why HR normally prints out the letter and then signs in front of the notary public and then gives you the notarized employment letter.

The only way for you to solve this issue is to have your HR print out another employment letter and have them sign in front of a notary public and then mail you the letter!