Consular Processing (New Delhi)

Re: Fees

Originally posted by luzarun
How much is the fees at the consular if you plan to use AC140. I ask that because if I have already paid $305 for the the I-485 per person, is there no credit for that? Can somebody please respond with the new updated fees schedule?

Currently the visa issue fee at the consulates is $335 per
person.

How long have you been in AOS line and at what stage if you
have already paid the fee of $ 305 ?

Raju

Fees

Thanks for your reply. I filed I-140/I-485 concurrently on Oct 8, 2003 at TSC. So, I paid $305 per person (myself and my wife) for the I-485 application.
1. So if I go through AC140 do I still have to pay $335 per person with no credit for the I-485 fees
2. I am confused as to whether we need to send copies of Birth Certificate and all the other supporting documents when applying through AC140. Everybody seems to provide the link for immiinfo.com without really answering the question specifically.
3. I asked this question before also but does my Mexican wife also need a PCC from the Mexican Consulate. My research shows according to US Dept. of State policy 9 FAM 42.63 exhibit XI many countries are actually exempt from this requirement.
4. Finally, if I already have EAD and AP but still on H-1 can I still go through AC140. I am confused whether you have to be only on H-1 status or can be on EAD also to apply for AC140. The source of the confusion being that if semebody is on EAD then they are already using the benefits of AOS so can they still go for AC140? In my case I am still on H-1 although I have the EAD.
Thanks in advance

ND I-140/I485/EAD/AP Oct 8, 2003 (TSC EB2)
AP, EAD approved on Jan 15, 2004
FP on Dec 22, 2003
I-140 waiting...

Last edited by a moderator:
luzarun,
1. So if I go through AC140 do I still have to pay $335 per person with no credit for the I-485 fees --

Yes, you have to pay $335 again, there is no credit for I485 fees.

2. I am confused as to whether we need to send copies of Birth Certificate and all the other supporting documents when applying through AC140. Everybody seems to provide the link for immiinfo.com without really answering the question specifically.--

No need to send birth certificates, Just send AC 140 filing & approval, Labour filing & approval, Original 824 receipt along with hardship letter & DS 230 forms.

3. I asked this question before also but does my Mexican wife also need a PCC from the Mexican Consulate. My research shows according to US Dept. of State policy 9 FAM 42.63 exhibit XI many countries are actually exempt from this requirement.--

I am not sure which countries are exempted from PCC but in general, you have to get PCC from Mexican Consulate. The best thing is apply for PCC at Mexican consulate, If they issue it, you can take the same & if they don't, they will be telling you the reason...

4. Finally, if I already have EAD and AP but still on H-1 can I still go through AC140. I am confused whether you have to be only on H-1 status or can be on EAD also to apply for AC140. The source of the confusion being that if semebody is on EAD then they are already using the benefits of AOS so can they still go for AC140? In my case I am still on H-1 although I have the EAD.--

You are still eligible to go for AC140, all you have to submit is original I824 receipt, hardship letter (for changing the process) & fee of $335 per applicant.

luzarun:

I concur with all of goyal's answers. Just verify about the Mexican PCC. Based on my knowledge, one needs to get PCC from countries where he/ she has stayed for mor ethan 1 year after the age of 16 and such pcc's in many countries are valid for only 6 months (in some cases 12 months).

I know imminfo.com sit eis udnergoing construction until then you can check http://www.immihelp.com/gc/consular/ac140.html

PCC for AC140

kd 1403 - Thanks for all the information you have been giving
from time to time. As per your advise I am going to apply for
PCC with the Indian Consulate in USA. Can you please let me know as to which Indian Consulate do I need to apply for the PCC.
Thanks

REGARDING PCC

Gurus,

My passport was issued at CGI Houston.

I have sent an application for PCC to CGI San Francisco.

Will the process still take 40 days, or will it be a bit shorter because the passport was issued within the US?

I am anxious because I think my Packet 3 will arrive well before the 40 day period is over.

Thank you.

PL

pitambar:

With Passports issued by indian consulates in usa, one can get pcc in 1 day by walk in or by mail 1 day plus mailing time (so about 1 week). Definitely not 45 days as with indian passports issued in india!

REGARDING PCC

KD,

Thank you for your reply.
However, as i reside in the CGI San Francisco jurisdiction, I cannot apply at CGI Houston from where my passport was issued.
So a reference will have to be made to CGI Houston.
Does this still take around 40 days or do Consulates in the US (CGI Houston in this case) process PCC paperwork faster?

PL

pitambar:

Yes, even though your passport was issued by cgi houston you should eb able to get indian pcc from sfo indian consulate within 1 day walk-in or 1 week by mail. Make sure to explicitly state somewhere on your application that your current passport was issued in usa by houston cgi.

But why are you so worried since you have still to receive your P3 which means you still have at least 3.5 months before you can get an interview.

REGARDING PCC

KD,

Your reply is very helpful. Thank you very much.

I would not have been so concerned about the PCC but my lawyer will not file the P3 unless I have all the supporting documents in hand, and in order, and provide him with copies. This includes the PCC.

PL

pitamabar:

I thought as much...I pretty much knew why you wanted the pcc so soon just that I did not want to jump the gun and speculate!

REGARDING PCC

FOR GENERAL INFORMATION

I submitted my passport (issued by CGI Houston) for PCC to CGI San Francisco on 18 March '04 (FEDEX). I got a phone call from the Consulate the same day informing me that they were returning my passport and it would take them 30 days to issue a PCC. I am being asked to resubmit my passport for stamping after 30 days.

I guess even if a passport is issued by another Indian consulate in the US it still takes 30-40 days to issue a PCC.

PL

REGARDING PCC

FOR GENERAL INFORMATION

Another thing that the person calling wanted to know was wheter the PCC was for the US or Canada, and told me that i had not stated that in my application. I told him that it was for a GC Consular interview in ND.

While filling in the Misc Services form and Personal particulars form I do not remember seeing any such question regarding PCC. I just assumed that because i am resident in the US and further, was applying to an Indian Consulate in the US the PCC would be for US purposes.

PL

pitambar:

* Call SFO consulate tomorrow and EXPLICITLY state that your passport was issued @ houston consulate. I am sure this was not communicated to them!

* The PCC you are requesting is an Indian PCC which means it if for your stay in India. There is no need for USA PCC as it is monitored online by police/ immigration authorities via SSN/ Tax ID in absence of SSN.

REGARDING PCC

KD,

The person who spoke to me himself told me that my passport was issued in Houston, and so getting a PCC would take 30 days.

Also, when I told him that I wanted a PCC for India, he said i was an Indian citizen and so could not get a PCC for India. He gave me a choice either US or Canada. I chose the US. I think what he meant was whether I was going to apply for a US Green Card or a Canadian one.

PL

pitambar:

I think this person you talked to has no clue what you are talking about. He may be a new person to this process. Try calling again until you get to talk to someone who understands the process. How can Indian consulate issue PCC for US and Canada? :( This is like going to indian consulate and requesting US visa/ green card!!!

REGARDING PCC

FOR GENERAL INFORMATION

My passport came back from CGI without the PCC. I have been asked to call back to resubmit the passport after 30 days after clearance from CGI Houston.

My wife's passport, however, was issued the PCC and the observation on her passport reads, "P.C.C. issued for USA".
Also the PCC itself has the wording, " Certified that there is no adverse information in respect of ........................................., which will render him/her ineligible for the grant of travel facilities including visa for USA".

PL

pitambar:

The text of your wife's PCC reads correct. Have you tried talking to someone else @ SFO consulate regarding your CGI Houston issued passport and required PCC?

REGARDING PCC

KD,

I have tried contacting CGI SFO, i have left voice messages and have sent emails but am not able to solicit a reply.

I guess I will have to wait for 30 days before I can get a PCC.

By the way I just realized that my wife's PCC though stamped with someones name and the seal of the embassy did not bear a signature.

I have also had some corrections done on my passport, change of permanent address, and the person signed underneath the corrections but forgot to put the seal.

My lawyer though says that I should not worry as the US Embassy in ND is accustomed to these sort of mistakes.

PL