Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

Oh, it's approval alright. Congrats.

Welcome to the greatest country in the world. The government here is wonderful -- especially the civil servants. nebraskans are the finest people I have ever met. The war in Iraq is the single greatest endeavour that the US has ever undertaken. What an exciting time to be here.

Last edited by a moderator:
leo09, congratulations!

How did you know that your namecheck was cleared? Any LUD change after that?

Our cases were approved as well, approval notice was sent last Friday, it was a good Friday indeed. It came to our surprise since we filed 140 and 485 just 6 months ago, didn't expect it to be approved so soon. (Maybe because we have earlier PD?)
The long wait is finally over, I shared my joy with my officemates, they were all so happy, most Americans have no idea that it could take so long to get green card. I told them just be thankful they don't have to go through the pain, though I found myself stronger after this.
Good luck to everybody here.

great news. just wondering what was exactly the RFE about ?

Someone must have cattle-prodded those Lincoln Hay-seeds into doing soem work!

Hey Nelson - Nebraska is one of my favorite places in the U.S. The people there are some of the highest-quality individuals you could ever meet. I still haven't met any 'hayseeds' over there. How about we tone down the stereotypes? Lord knows we immigrants suffer from enough of those already.

T

Yeah, and toadying up to the master is one of those stereotypes. Don't perpetuate it.

Nebraskans are OK. USCIS 'workers' wherever they are are indefensible. definitely not high-quality.

Toadying up to the master, huh? As a fellow Canadian I would have thought you'd have a little bit more class than that. I should have realized that was too optimistic given your regular whiny little bitch postings.

It's people like you who are the worst kind of passive-aggressive Canadian; I'm sure you play up the nice Canuck act in public yet you stereotype Americans behind their backs and are too much of a wuss to say what you actually think in real-life interactions.

Any idiot can make blanket generalizations about Nebraskans, government workers, immigrants, or midwesterners from the safety of their computers.

Seriously, you should either contribute something useful to the discussion asides from dumb, tired stereotypes or just shut the hell up. Or better yet, given that you are so dissatisfied with your treatment at the hands of those nasty Americans, maybe you should tell Nebraska to shove it and give your visa number to someone from India or China, who is probably a lot more enthusiastic about being here.

I did infopass (waste of time)

I went to miami with my infopass and the lady so rude told me your case is under review, i said do you know when my namecheck started, what date, she said last year, you only applied last year, so live renewing your eads but she was so rude rude rude, i went cause i need to know the date when they started but well not everything is sunshine here lol

I may be wrong but I have not seen many approvals for people who filed after June.
People who post there updates in this forum are a small sample but neverethless provide a datapoint.

In particular for EB India I have seen one (schmooze) or two (possibly in TSC) approvals.

Rest are all stuck in Name check blackhole.

I checked up my status through another infopass and Namecheck is pending since August 2006

I went to miami with my infopass and the lady so rude told me your case is under review, i said do you know when my namecheck started, what date, she said last year, you only applied last year, so live renewing your eads but she was so rude rude rude, i went cause i need to know the date when they started but well not everything is sunshine here lol

Question: Did you get the approval email on Friday (congrats, card production ordered)? Or you just got the card in the mail? Thanks and good luck

Sorry for the late reply, the tiimeline is like this:
1. card production email
2. approval notice email
3. welcome notice (letter, not email)
4. card received (letter)
5. approval notice (letter)

It may not be the same order in all cases. I found it interesting that they sent you card production email before approval email.

great news. just wondering what was exactly the RFE about ?

the rfe was about TB skin test. There is another thread somewhere related with NSC RFEs. It seems a lot of people received rfe on this. (We didn't take skin test in the first place because we knew it would be positive, we did the required X-ray) NSC rfe letter said we should do skin test, even we knew it would be positive, followed by x-ray. It doesn't make sense, but why argueing with them when it was easier to do the test.

Sorry for the late reply, the tiimeline is like this:
1. card production email
2. approval notice email
3. welcome notice (letter, not email)
4. card received (letter)
5. approval notice (letter)

It may not be the same order in all cases. I found it interesting that they sent you card production email before approval email.

You meant EB2 or Feb 2001 with EB3. I am wondering that you have received approval while the PD is not current. Is it a possibility

You meant EB2 or Feb 2001 with EB3. I am wondering that you have received approval while the PD is not current. Is it a possibility

sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I'm not from India, my pd was current when I filed 140 and 485 concurrently, for worldwide EB3 (08/02), mine was 02/02.

PERM/EB2/NEBRASKA; LC AD: 20-May-06
I-140// FD: 22-June-06; RD/ND: 22-June-06; LUD: 17-Aug-06, 11-Dec-06, AD: 11-Dec-06.
I-485// FD: 23-June-06;
RFE 12 January 07
Responce to RFE 30 January 2007 ( I had name of father spelling wrong at one place)
I-485 LUD 9 February 2007

Service Request Initiated 4 April 2007

Responce to Service Request: April 11, 2007
Here is the Responce:

" In processing applications for immigration benefits the united states citizenship and immigration service is making national security our top priority. USCIS has added security checks to the processing of all applications to help ensure that those who receive immigration benefits have come to join the American people in building a better society and not to do harm to them. But whatever short term impact these additional checks will have on procesing will not interfere with the administration's long term goal of eliminating processing backlogs and meeting a six month processing standard for all immigration benefit applications. the employees of USCIS are committed to address our nation's security needs while also maintaining our country's openness to those who seek the freedom and opportunity that the United States has to offer. Your application is undergoing such checks. Please allow more time. "

Apparently this is a name check issue. Anyone else recieved similar responce?
I thought responces to Service Requests, when name check was the issue, were worded differently. Any help ?

May 2007 Bulletin is out

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3219.html

EB3 RoW has moved forward a whole year, because as the DOS states:

"Recent discussions have indicated that both the Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) and the Department of Labor still have a significant amount of cases in their backlog reduction efforts. As a result, the anticipated increase in demand has not yet materialized and may not for some time. Therefore, in an effort to maximize number use under the annual numerical limit, the Worldwide and Philippines Employment Third preference cut-off dates have been advanced by one year.

Unless there is a significant increase in Employment demand, it will be necessary to continue this rate of movement during the upcoming months. Such movement could be expanded to include other chargeability areas and preference categories.

One consequence of rapid cut-off date advancement is the inevitable increase in demand for numbers as adjustment of status cases are brought to conclusion at CIS Offices. Such increased demand could have dramatic impact on the cut-off dates. Readers will be provided as much advance notice as possible should this occur.

Great. Now that those of us who are stuck in namecheck, we have the prospect of having a few 1000 more jump ahead of us and get GC.:(

Need suggestions on AC-21

I am fed up with my current job :mad: and seriously thinking about changing jobs after 6 months of I-485.
Do you guys know what it entails to use AC-21 and switch?
Is it a tricky process? Can my old employer (current employer) screw up the whole process?

If you have a link to AC-21 forum handy, please post that too.

Thanks,
Mansarovar

Wow. This is unreal. Got the magic email from CRIS today: "Document mailed welcoming the new permanent resident." This has got to be a near-record for Nebraska - my application went in on January 7th.

Thanks to all on the forum for the info and support. Good luck to you all.

One little point re: name check. I am astonished that I did not get caught in it, which tells me a little about their process. I mean, I have a Muslim name!

There was a rumor going around these boards that if you have made onshore/offshore transactions over $5,000, they get reported to FBI and that triggers automatic name check. In my experience, that is not true. I do transactions over $5,000 all the time and I clearly did not get caught up.

Once again, thanks to all, and good luck.

Tariqk congratulations,

If you noticed! was there any LUD/Activity on your I-485 immediately after your I-140 Approval in February?

My I-140 was approved on 3/30/07 but there was no LUD change on my I-485 after that, however some people posted that their I-485 have a LUD update on I-485 after I-140 approval.

Wow. This is unreal. Got the magic email from CRIS today: "Document mailed welcoming the new permanent resident." This has got to be a near-record for Nebraska - my application went in on January 7th.

Thanks to all on the forum for the info and support. Good luck to you all.

One little point re: name check. I am astonished that I did not get caught in it, which tells me a little about their process. I mean, I have a Muslim name!

There was a rumor going around these boards that if you have made onshore/offshore transactions over $5,000, they get reported to FBI and that triggers automatic name check. In my experience, that is not true. I do transactions over $5,000 all the time and I clearly did not get caught up.

Once again, thanks to all, and good luck.