Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

Not exactly

Hi explorer1980,

I had already read this. The bi-specialization program is only within the four USCIS service centers and does not include USCIS district offices. Our cases are transferred to the district offices, so it is a different scenario and does not reflect the bi-specialization program.

sPERM,

Just an addition to the e-mail that I have sent you a bit ago.

I found an interesting information on the Murthy.com web site explaining that this move is an internal move in between the service centers and is a part of the so called "bi-specialization" that USCIS recently introduced started on the 1st of April 2007.

They also mentioned that even though cases are being moved they will still keep the filing priority date.

Please refer to the link below:

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_tra485.html

sPERM,

We will see what it is about after we receive the letters from USCIS. Do you believe that they will be sent to us or to our lawyers?

If it is an interview like you said what it might be about - any specific things that we mey need to prepare?

I have read some postings from people whose cases were transfered to local offices but their message on the USCIS web site was directly reflecting that the case has been scheduled for an interview. However in our case it was simply saying that it's been transfered for further adjudication and we will receive an e-mail when an update is available. Also in case the office needs something from us will contact us.

From here and from the document provided on the Murthy.com web site I'd rather think that it's just an internal routine procedure that these guys do after the 1st of April. Buy untill we get the actuall letter it's all going to be just a speculation.

Hi explorer1980,

I had already read this. The bi-specialization program is only within the four USCIS service centers and does not include USCIS district offices. Our cases are transferred to the district offices, so it is a different scenario and does not reflect the bi-specialization program.

The tracker no longer exists. JustWatching used to maintain one before his GC approval.

Add my info in the tracker

EB2(India)
PD -10/24/2002
I140 AD : 02/23/2007
I485/EAD/AP RD - 03/16/2007,
I485/EAD/AP ND - 03/19/2007
1st FP - ??
EAD AD -??
AP AD -??
I485 AD -??

All the best

sperm and explorer1980

You guys are so close to approval. If not for this interview I think they would have approved your cases. Dint one of you had a RFE to prove that marriage was bonafide? I think the cases are transferred for that reason. USCIS wants to see if the marriage is bonafide...I know you guys must be very anxious. I have not seen many approvals from NSC in past one month, Dont know whats happening inside.....

sPERM,

We will see what it is about after we receive the letters from USCIS. Do you believe that they will be sent to us or to our lawyers?

If it is an interview like you said what it might be about - any specific things that we mey need to prepare?

I have read some postings from people whose cases were transfered to local offices but their message on the USCIS web site was directly reflecting that the case has been scheduled for an interview. However in our case it was simply saying that it's been transfered for further adjudication and we will receive an e-mail when an update is available. Also in case the office needs something from us will contact us.

From here and from the document provided on the Murthy.com web site I'd rather think that it's just an internal routine procedure that these guys do after the 1st of April. Buy untill we get the actuall letter it's all going to be just a speculation.

Ok, that's a news to me

I always thought that the District office would send out the interview appointment notice. But as you said it looks like the Service Center also directly schedules for an interview at a Local office. As, I am writing this here, my LUD is changed to today's date, but there is no message change.

I think they send out the letters to our lawyers, and probably it takes around 10 days. If we are called for an interview, then they will mention on the letter what documents to bring with us. However, it will be originals of all the evidences we submitted when filing for I-140 and I-485 plus W2s. I read somewhere that one guy was asked to present I-20 when he was at school some 9 years back. So, it's better to take all the paper works we have since admission to the USA.

I am not much worried about the interview in itself but rather the time it takes for the Local Office to schedule an interview. And also worried by thinking whether there will be Worldwide EB2 retrogression before my case is approved.

BTW, what's your priority date? Did you take Infopass appointment? I'll let you know on Monday when I visit the local Chicago office to ask all the questions I have. The only good thing is the USCIS Chicago office is in 6 minutes walk from my office.

sPERM,

sPERM,

As I was reading your post I logged in online and saw an LUD with today's date on my and my wife's cases as well. Hopefully it's for good and the approval is comming soon.

We filed our cases approximately a month after you filed yours. I haven't taken an Infopass yet so will be waiting to hear from you what is their feedback. By the way what is your e-mail address so I can send you private messages to keep in touch?

I always thought that the District office would send out the interview appointment notice. But as you said it looks like the Service Center also directly schedules for an interview at a Local office. As, I am writing this here, my LUD is changed to today's date, but there is no message change.

I think they send out the letters to our lawyers, and probably it takes around 10 days. If we are called for an interview, then they will mention on the letter what documents to bring with us. However, it will be originals of all the evidences we submitted when filing for I-140 and I-485 plus W2s. I read somewhere that one guy was asked to present I-20 when he was at school some 9 years back. So, it's better to take all the paper works we have since admission to the USA.

I am not much worried about the interview in itself but rather the time it takes for the Local Office to schedule an interview. And also worried by thinking whether there will be Worldwide EB2 retrogression before my case is approved.

BTW, what's your priority date? Did you take Infopass appointment? I'll let you know on Monday when I visit the local Chicago office to ask all the questions I have. The only good thing is the USCIS Chicago office is in 6 minutes walk from my office.

Thanks

leo09,

I had received the RFE and sent the response on March 15. Yes, it was about birth cert. and secondary evidence to show the marriage was bona fide. I was married on October, 2006 which is after the Labor was approved and before I-140 and I-485 was filed. So, they might have wanted to "make sure" the marriage was bona fide. But even then, shouldn't they have approved my case at least and call my wife for an interview? I found out from Infopass appt. just yesterday that my Name check and all other background checks were completed for my and my wife.

Do you know how long the Local office (Chicago) takes to schedule an interview (if there is one) or to adjudicate the case?

sperm and explorer1980

You guys are so close to approval. If not for this interview I think they would have approved your cases. Dint one of you had a RFE to prove that marriage was bonafide? I think the cases are transferred for that reason. USCIS wants to see if the marriage is bonafide...I know you guys must be very anxious. I have not seen many approvals from NSC in past one month, Dont know whats happening inside.....

Last edited by a moderator:
sPerm,

When you mentioned now that you got married October and had an RFE for marrage certificate, I also got married around the same time after my Labor got approved and before we filed for I140/I485.

Do you believe that might be the reason for the local office transfer?

leo09,

I had received the RFE and sent the response on March 15. Yes, it was about birth cert. and secondary evidence to show the marriage was bona fide. I was married on October, 2006 which is after the Labor was approved and before I-140 and I-485 was filed. So, they might have wanted to "make sure" the marriage was bona fide. But even then, shouldn't they have approved my case at least and call my wife for an interview? I found out from Infopass appt. just yesterday that my Name check and all other background checks were completed for my and my wife.

Do you know how long the Local office (Chicago) takes to schedule an interview (if there is one) or to adjudicate the case?

I am guessing they shipped our cases to the local offices today and hence the LUDs with no message change. You can send me private messages by clicking on my name on this website and clicking again on "send private message to sPERM".

sPERM,

As I was reading your post I logged in online and saw an LUD with today's date on my and my wife's cases as well. Hopefully it's for good and the approval is comming soon.

We filed our cases approximately a month after you filed yours. I haven't taken an Infopass yet so will be waiting to hear from you what is their feedback. By the way what is your e-mail address so I can send you private messages to keep in touch?

local office

Well I dont know the timeline for getting the interview. MY application is with NSC but I had the same RFE about bonafide marriage. I dont know why they ask for it....Your logic makes sense that they should have atleast approved your 485. Well I guess it is waiting game wiat for the letter and you might know more. The mail should take about a week and half.

leo09,

Please Help me RFE

My wife and I received RFE about birth certificate. It didn't have mother name before. Now I have same birth certificate with mother name and the issuing date is same. Does it matter if we have two certificate in same date?
Can any body help me?

sPERM,

One question that I was thinking on was whether the local office where our cases are being sent to are capable of directly approving I-485 cases or not? Or could it be that the applications are sent to local office and from there it goes back to Nebraska or Texas?

By the way do you have any news from your Infopass appointment yet, you said that you have scheduled it for today?

I am guessing they shipped our cases to the local offices today and hence the LUDs with no message change. You can send me private messages by clicking on my name on this website and clicking again on "send private message to sPERM".

Local Offices are capable of approving our cases

However, I have seen events where the Local office has sent cases to Service Centers. This is random and unpredictable. My appointment is at 2:30pm CT. Will update afterwards.

sPERM,

One question that I was thinking on was whether the local office where our cases are being sent to are capable of directly approving I-485 cases or not? Or could it be that the applications are sent to local office and from there it goes back to Nebraska or Texas?

By the way do you have any news from your Infopass appointment yet, you said that you have scheduled it for today?

I went to see the Immigration Officer with the Infopass appointment. However, the lady at the Reception desk did not allow me to see him/her because I had out-of-state driver's license and nothing that would show I was a resident of Illinois. When I went there last time, I was not even asked to produce an ID card.

sPERM,

Last edited by a moderator:
Bummer.

I guess you should have just gone with your passport and a copy of your Receipt Notice.

Still, you should have been let in when you told them that your case had been moved to that very office! Idiots

sPerm,

I have sent you pvt message please have a look.

It's very frustrating because we don't know the reason for transfer and approximately in how many days we will get a responce from the local office.

I went to see the Immigration Officer with the Infopass appointment. However, the lady at the Reception desk did not allow me to see him/her because I had out-of-state driver's license and nothing that would show I was a resident of Illinois. When I went there last time, I was not even asked to produce an ID card.

I know, but how would I guess those morons would be so particular about my ID! I thought they needed to see it only as a proof of identity and not a proof of residency. The funny thing is that the lady handed me over form AR-11, and also gave me a lecture about state rule that requires us to change the license when moved to another state. I have never submitted that AR-11 form even though I have moved from place to place. But now they already have my new address because I had gone abroad a couple of months back and I filled out my new address on I-94 and also on all immigration forms already had my new address when I filed I-140 and I-485. In other words, I have not changed my address from my last entry in the US. So, I think I should be fine without having to send out AR-11 form. What do you think?

Bummer.

I guess you should have just gone with your passport and a copy of your Receipt Notice.

Still, you should have been let in when you told them that your case had been moved to that very office! Idiots

Oh, you DEFINITELY need to submit an AR-11!!.

I would do it online from uscis.gov, since this issues you a receipt.

You must always advise by AR-11 when you move, from the time you are issued an A# onwards. Otherwise you risk deportation.

Seriously.

But as to lecturing you on your state requirements, that is none of her business.

If the feds want to take over the ID business let them, otherwise, keep their noses out.

RFE in detail

Dear All,

Thank you all for your supportive answers,

today both of us reveived RFEs in mail... Please find the details below, I request you guys to give your valuable suggestion how to anser this RFE and what other extra evidences shall we enclose along with the reply. Looking forward for all your valuable suggestions. Thank you in advance.

details of RFE:

the Birth certificate you submitted is registered in 1998 and is considered a late registered document. This document is not considered valid unless secondary evidence is used to support the birth certifivate.

submit the following evidence to verify the birth and parentage of ....

if the person named above has completed grade 10 or higher, please also submit a photocopy of their education board certificate.

it a birth certificate does not list the names of both mother and father, or child, secondary evidence must besubmitted to establish parentage. secodary evidences include, but is not limited to copies of medical: medical records, school records, census records, government-issued identy cards, religious records and / or affidivates from at least two persons alive at the time of birth. the oldest available evidence that lists the names of both parents should be submitted.

Okay... but I moved to Illinois 6 months ago. We are required to do the address change within 10 days. Now I will have a problem submitting this form because USCIS already has my new address since October 2006 when I filed my I-140 and I-485. In other words - my new address is not "new" to them anymore.

Oh, you DEFINITELY need to submit an AR-11!!.

I would do it online from uscis.gov, since this issues you a receipt.

You must always advise by AR-11 when you move, from the time you are issued an A# onwards. Otherwise you risk deportation.

Seriously.

But as to lecturing you on your state requirements, that is none of her business.

If the feds want to take over the ID business let them, otherwise, keep their noses out.