Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

sPERM,

Why don't you just call them and find out what is the best route to go? I guess they should be able to give you the most acurate information.

You have a pm from me too, you can check it out in your inbox.

Okay... but I moved to Illinois 6 months ago. We are required to do the address change within 10 days. Now I will have a problem submitting this form because USCIS already has my new address since October 2006 when I filed my I-140 and I-485. In other words - my new address is not "new" to them anymore.

You have made a mistake by not filing AR-11. You may not believe as of now but this can cost your GC. Igonrance of law is no excuse for not following it.

My 2 cents . Take an opinion from a lawyer on this and file AR-11 ASAP and worry about other side effects at a later date.

Okay... but I moved to Illinois 6 months ago. We are required to do the address change within 10 days. Now I will have a problem submitting this form because USCIS already has my new address since October 2006 when I filed my I-140 and I-485. In other words - my new address is not "new" to them anymore.

Birth certificate RFE

Dear All,

Thank you all for your supportive answers,

today both of us reveived RFEs in mail... Please find the details below, I request you guys to give your valuable suggestion how to anser this RFE and what other extra evidences shall we enclose along with the reply. Looking forward for all your valuable suggestions. Thank you in advance.

details of RFE:

the Birth certificate you submitted is registered in 1998 and is considered a late registered document. This document is not considered valid unless secondary evidence is used to support the birth certifivate.

submit the following evidence to verify the birth and parentage of ....

if the person named above has completed grade 10 or higher, please also submit a photocopy of their education board certificate.

it a birth certificate does not list the names of both mother and father, or child, secondary evidence must besubmitted to establish parentage. secodary evidences include, but is not limited to copies of medical: medical records, school records, census records, government-issued identy cards, religious records and / or affidivates from at least two persons alive at the time of birth. the oldest available evidence that lists the names of both parents should be submitted.

I sent you a PM

Dear All,

Thank you all for your supportive answers,

today both of us reveived RFEs in mail... Please find the details below, I request you guys to give your valuable suggestion how to anser this RFE and what other extra evidences shall we enclose along with the reply. Looking forward for all your valuable suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Hi feelinglucky,
I sent you a PM but you may need to clear up some space to receive it. Thanks

Dear All,

today both of us reveived RFEs in mail...

I received RFE for my wife's BC as it didn't have her name - all it said was baby girl...

So, I submitted
- affidavits from her aunt and uncle (our attorney clearly said NO to affidavit from father and/or mother)
- 10th (secondary school) certificate that establishes her DoB and Father's name

We haven't heard from our attorney yet, but as a backup I have her India DL, old passport (pre-marriage), Voter's ID (doesn't have DoB though), Ration Card (again no DoB), janamparti/astrological chart prepared by Hindu priest (in Sanskrit and Devnagari numerals, so will definitely require serious translation, if needed). We do not have any medical records with DoB/parentage - the medical records in India are written by Doctors in really aweful handwriting and there is never a paper/electronic trail - so they always appear fraudulent (at least to me)

Will update once I get a nod from our attorney.

Infopass for April 12

I got my Illinois driver's license this morning to show USCIS Chicago folks that I am an Illinois resident. Also took an Infopass appt for Thursday. Will update after that.

I know, but how would I guess those morons would be so particular about my ID! I thought they needed to see it only as a proof of identity and not a proof of residency. The funny thing is that the lady handed me over form AR-11, and also gave me a lecture about state rule that requires us to change the license when moved to another state. I have never submitted that AR-11 form even though I have moved from place to place. But now they already have my new address because I had gone abroad a couple of months back and I filled out my new address on I-94 and also on all immigration forms already had my new address when I filed I-140 and I-485. In other words, I have not changed my address from my last entry in the US. So, I think I should be fine without having to send out AR-11 form. What do you think?

gurus help me to interpret this:

Today I received the letter from USCIS for my status request:

We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused longer processing time. If you do not receive decison in 6 months, call us....

what does it mean? Am I NC victim????????????????

gurus help me to interpret this:

Today I received the letter from USCIS for my status request:

We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused longer processing time. If you do not receive decison in 6 months, call us....

what does it mean? Am I NC victim????????????????

This is not the typical message one gets (from the NSC anywys) for namecheck. They usually have the word background in the response. Thay are probably looking at other things. If youre married, it *could* mean that uyour wife is stuck in namecheck. They wouldn't tell details of her ]petition this if asking for the specifics of your case.

The "don't bother us for 6 months" is just standard, an effort to dissuade you from sending in a request every week. it does not mean that your GC is more or less than 6 months away, it merely means don't ask us more than twice a year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply.

I am not clear about my wife's name check.
you mean to say it is possible that my wife's case stuck in NC and that was the reason, they are waiting on this case?.

This is not the typical message one gets (from the NSC anywys) for namecheck. They usually have the word background in the response. Thay are probably looking at other things. If youre married, it *could* mean that uyour wife is stuck in namecheck. They wouldn't tell details of her ]petition this if asking for the specifics of your case.

The "don't bother us for 6 months" is just standard, an effort to dissuade you from sending in a request every week. it does not mean that your GC is more or less than 6 months away, it merely means don't ask us more than twice a year.

I'm just saying that the message you got is not the one that would indicate that YOU are in namecheck.

A service request generated for YOUR case, will not say, "we are holding up your wife's case." Easch namecheck is separate. For example, my wife's namecheck cleared a year ago. I am stuck.

To find out about her case, she needs to file a service request.

If you go for infopass, you can ask about both cases.

Hmm! seems like not much AOS approvals seen these days ..

Seems like a quite a long dry spell... :rolleyes:

Let me try to break the spell. I think my case is approved today. The message said the card was ordered yesterday but the status online didn't change and no LUD.

My case is EB2 (rest of the world) submitted concurently on May 2005 - NSC . My 140 was approved sometimes in December last year. My time was passed so I called USCIS to open up a service request.

In about 3 weeks, I got RFE for my and my spouse 's 485. Who knows if it was a result of me calling or not. I would like to think so. I have two other friends who did exactly the same thing and they got a letter saying their application is on background check stage instead of any RFE or approvals.

Both RFE were about medical. Mine was TB skin test not done. And my spouse's was just missing signature on the medical form. I had a documented results from the past so the doctor just rewrote the form to say skin test was done in the past and it was positive.

From the time they got my response, I got probably four to five LUDs with only the first LUD had a status change. The last one I got was 3/28. From the forum, I learned that if background check is clear it should not take too long before the case to be approved.

I was planning to do infopass to find out about the whole mess called background/name check. I ended up not doing infopass as I also learned from the forum that NSC or TSC can also tell you this information. So I called using certain sequence. Basically, try until you get specific center instead of the central/natioanal call center which usually doesn't have this info.

I was conencted to someone at NSC and she told me that my file is 'in transit' to an officer. All checks had been clear. This conversation took place on Friday 4/6 and now Tuesday, 4/10 I got the email. Two same emails. I didn't get any approval email prior or anything. But I think this is good enough.

Not sure how I feel right now. It has been a long five years waiting from the old labor to the new one, etc. It is a relief. But after so much waiting I wont' be partying yet until I actually get the card.

Here is the message on the email and on the website:

-----

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On April 9, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow
30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from
you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call
customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we
process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations seebeyond

Would you please help me in reaching NSC to get my status. How do I know that my call is being connected to NSC or National call center? Did you call (800)375 –5283 :confused:

Initially we responded our RFE on Dec/22/2006 and we were given our finger prints (code-1) on Mar/15/2007, but not seen a LUD or status change after our FP. Just wanted to double check with NSC.

Thank you very much in advance.

I ended up not doing infopass as I also learned from the forum that NSC or TSC can also tell you this information. So I called using certain sequence. Basically, try until you get specific center instead of the central/natioanal call center which usually doesn't have this info.

I was conencted to someone at NSC and she told me that my file is 'in transit' on an officer. All checks had been clear.

Yes, I called that number. Refer to this thread; http://www.trackitt.com/discuss/485eb/6927179/ for the sequence.

Basically it will say something like 'connecting to nebraska service center' or 'connecting to national call center'. If you get the later, I would just hang up and try again.

Good luck.

Would you please help me in reaching NSC to get my status. How do I know that my call is being connected to NSC or National call center? Did you call (800)375 –5283 :confused:

Initially we responded our RFE on Dec/22/2006 and we were given our finger prints (code-1) on Mar/15/2007, but not seen a LUD or status change after our FP. Just wanted to double check with NSC.

Thank you very much in advance.

Appreciate your quick response.

Btw - my application details are...

PD - Nov/20/2002
I140 (EB3): AD - Aug/14/2004
I140 (EB2): AD - Oct/16/2006
Re-applied based on my Labor which was eligible for EB2.​
I485:
RD - Apr/10/2004
FP1 - Mar/20/2005 (code-3)
RFE responded - Dec/22/2006
FP2 - Mar/15/2007 (code-1)

Our cases were approved as well, approval notice was sent last Friday, it was a good Friday indeed. It came to our surprise since we filed 140 and 485 just 6 months ago, didn't expect it to be approved so soon. (Maybe because we have earlier PD?)
The long wait is finally over, I shared my joy with my officemates, they were all so happy, most Americans have no idea that it could take so long to get green card. I told them just be thankful they don't have to go through the pain, though I found myself stronger after this.
Good luck to everybody here.

Congrats!

Question: Did you get the approval email on Friday (congrats, card production ordered)? Or you just got the card in the mail? Thanks and good luck

Our cases were approved as well, approval notice was sent last Friday, it was a good Friday indeed. It came to our surprise since we filed 140 and 485 just 6 months ago, didn't expect it to be approved so soon. (Maybe because we have earlier PD?)
The long wait is finally over, I shared my joy with my officemates, they were all so happy, most Americans have no idea that it could take so long to get green card. I told them just be thankful they don't have to go through the pain, though I found myself stronger after this.

Wow. great news. My PD is May-2002, but what makes my case even more annoying is that I submitted my I-485 3 YEARS ago. My co-workers and bosses also cannot believe how long this process is taking. I came here in Sep 2000.

Card Approved ... I think

Today morning I got a big surprise when I got four emails from CRIS saying that

"On April 10th, We ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. etc etc"

I think it is approval although I never got welcome notice or anything else. I started my GC journey about 5 years back. I was stuck at every possible stage of processing. Well I applied for 140-485 processing exactly a year back. My 485 had two rfes..one is August 2007 and one recently in March 2007. The first RFE was for Birth certificate and EVL. The second rfe was for TB tests.USCIS received RFE on Friday and today I got the mail so it was a quick turnaround. I was stuck in NC for a while but I think it cleared around Feb 2007. I just rcvd EAD renewal mail also(last week). I dont need the EAD now. I still cant believe if it is approval or something else. I think the feeling will only sink in once I see the Card.

All the best to my friends here. Keep the hope. Thanks to all the folks who helped me and to rest of the folks for just being here and posting your experiences.

leo