Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

Tariqk congratulations,

If you noticed! was there any LUD/Activity on your I-485 immediately after your I-140 Approval in February?

Thanks. See the signature for all the LUDs. I guess the answer to your question is no - no activity post I140 approval.

High-Tech Worker Relief Act of 2007

Did you guys see this? It's posted on this website at the News Flash.(Rajiv's).

Take a look at page 2 line 15 and post what do you think about this, or what your lawyers are saying about this.

I e-mailed my lawyer and wait for his response, as I have been working for almost three years as an engineer already and have my I-485 pending, so I am not sure if this would help me or not.

This probably means that those in EB-3 category that have been working in a high-tech job for more than three years and have a I-485 pending, and also those who will have three years of employment at the time of the I-485 filling will have their PD's current, do not have to wait for the visa availability. For EB-2 and EB-1 it will be current anyways, without the three year-requirement.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that none of the immigration-reform-related bills have been signed into law. There was and still is a lot of discussion and new bills appearing every few weeks, but nothing came close to become law... See http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html for more details on those bills.

Personally, I was looking into those at some point of time (a year and a half ago?), but it looked like these bills appeared and disappeared all the time, without much of constructive end results. I now stopped following them, mainly because of a feeling that no matter what I read, those bills get rejected anyways. Maybe we should start sending more letters to senators supporting all those bills : )

Is this bill already PASSED or discussion is going on? sorry if I am not aware of this issue.

Yes, but this document is on this web page (Immigration.com), under the "News Flash" so I was wondering why Rajiv has posted it now, and why they posted only this one.

How is that related to the tracking of the I-485 or the I-485 process at all.
I saw it mainly concerns H1b so why are blurring this supposedly I-485 consolidated tracker when all you have to do is start a separate thread about this topic.

is the priority date blank on the 485 receipt notice

hi guys,
i have a question. i just got the receipt notice of my 485 from the lawyer, that is, the I-797C,Notice OF Action. i noticed that the priority date is blank. is it just me or same for everyone?

my PD is 1/6/03, LC approved in june 06 and 140/485 concurrently filed on 7/19.
thanks,

hi guys,
i have a question. i just got the receipt notice of my 485 from the lawyer, that is, the I-797C,Notice OF Action. i noticed that the priority date is blank. is it just me or same for everyone?

my PD is 1/6/03, LC approved in june 06 and 140/485 concurrently filed on 7/19.
thanks,
This is normal for concurrent filed I-485. They get the receipt out before they ascertain the PD.
The real question here is why you "just got the receipt notice of my 485 from the lawyer" for an application filed 9 months ago. Poor representation.

It may be only partially related to I485, but it is still related since most of us have H1B. I'm not trying to suggest discussing every possible topic in this forum... however, checking this thread every day, on some days I find it particularly boring, when there is absolutely no I485-or-closely-related news for several days in a row. On some of those days I just want to post something funny, telling what my cat has done today and see what others have to say about their cats :) If it does not become a flame war (e.g. cats vs. dogs) and as long as we all keep that conversation small, I think we can go *slightly* off-topic.

How is that related to the tracking of the I-485 or the I-485 process at all.
I saw it mainly concerns H1b so why are blurring this supposedly I-485 consolidated tracker when all you have to do is start a separate thread about this topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
H1-B renewal after expiry

OK, this one's also related to H-1B, I did post it in the H1-B forums but did not receive a concrete yes or no. Posting it here since it involves EAD and retrogression related issues too.

My H-1B expired this Jan. It was 8th year extension. My employer did not renew it because I have EAD. I anticipate huge EB2 retrogression soon and I am a bit scared of having to renew EAD/AP for many years to come. I think I will be able to persuade my employer to renew my H-1B, but the question is - can I do it now, or is it too late? Will I be subject to H-1B cap?

Anyone in same situation as me?

thanks Nelsona

thanks for answering the question. I was just a little worried that my 485 is still sleeping at NSC is because my priority date is not established correctly.
Yes, my 140 and 485 are concurrently filed. as for why i only got the receipt notice after 9 months, dont try to get me started. i had gone through the pain of 140 RFE due to the lawyer's mistake. so... i had asked 3-4 times but they didn't respond and i thought it was no big deal. eventually they emialed me the case numbers so i knew from the USCIS website when they were filed. now i'd like to find out the exact RD and ND on the notice so i can call them once the NSC processing date pass 8/20.

PD: 1/6/03; LC apprval: 6/23/6
7/19/06: 140/485/ap received by USCIS NSC center.
RD: 7/19/06; ND: 7/20/06
8/11: finger printing,
8/12: LUD on all forms
9/6: AP approval email notification
9/15: AP received in mail by the lawer
1/31/07: 140 RFE
3/5/7: 140 approval
4/6: LUD on 485, no status change
4/10: LUD on 485, no status change

This is normal for concurrent filed I-485. They get the receipt out before they ascertain the PD.
The real question here is why you "just got the receipt notice of my 485 from the lawyer" for an application filed 9 months ago. Poor representation.

Thanks to rollingstone for posting the Ombudsman article, a very good read indeed. It captured all the major concerns we, as consumers in this case, may have regarding FBI name checks, but came up with a completely wrong conclusion. It confirms that high-rank officials in Government agencies and law makers are fully aware of this issue, yet it sends out a chilling signal since nothing has been done to address it despite the fact that a delay in name check completion poses serious national security risks also.

Some of my take-away:
1. It is a well known problem “…USCIS personnel across the country also regularly raise the issue of FBI name check delays as the most pervasive problem preventing completion of cases.”

2. It is a significant problem. 15.7% written complaints are name check related. Considering many people never bother to file a formal inquiry, the actual percentage may be much higher.

3. New data indicate 35% of cases need more than one year to complete name check, as compared to previous report of only 1%

4. They’ve seen cases pending name check for 4-5 years, both green card and citizenship applications.
5. Sometimes it is not your full name, but part of your name that is raising a flag and causing the delay.

6. USCIS actually pays FBI for name check services.

7. USCIS may have to redo other background checks once a long delayed name check result finally comes back. Ouch!

8. It doesn’t make any sense to anyone if the purpose of conducting name checks is to ensure national security, but the individual is physically present in the US during a name check process that takes years to complete.

9. This is important: the article recommends in the end that all background checks should be done prior to submission of applications. This is just ridiculous! It means you will have to wait for name check to be completed before you can even file I-485, thus not able to get EAD, AP and anything else. After all the right reasons he cited, he came up with the wrong conclusion. It is the year-long delay in the name check process that should be fixed, not the other way around. If future security checks only take one week to finish, it really doesn’t make a difference in terms of security concerns whether one can file applications before or after.

how many LUD for finger print?

we did our finger print yesterday and I saw a LUD change for both our I485. However, no further LUD change today. somewhere I remember I read that there are 2 subsequent LUD change for finger print. can someone please clarify based on your experience?

thanks

anstoss214,

All 3 our I-485 had only one LUD after FP. And I know many people with the same thing. Nothing to worry about.

GC Timeline

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I was a silent observer but felt that I should add something after getting my green card. I got the GC after 6-7 months.

EB2 Concurrent I-140/ I-485 filing : 09/14/2006
I-140 approved after PP on 11/02/2006

I-485:

RD: Sept 14, 2006
ND: Oct. 5, 2006
FP Bio Code 3 ( wife): 11/14/2006
FP Bio code 3 ( myself-primary): 12/19/2006 but went a few days earlier at ASC on Saturday.
No LUD's after FP for either myself or wife.
I ( primary applicant) had a sole LUD on 1/2/2007.
Biometric code 2's for 2 minor children ( age 3 and 4) : 2/23/2007
They had LUD's same day and on next business day on 2/26/2007

After the Bio code 2 for the kids over, things began to move.

Had simultaneous LUD for my wife and I on 2/27/2007
These were RFE's for both of us.:eek:

Responded to RFE on 03/28/2007
LUD ( both of us) : RFE received 3/29/2007
Saw simultaneous LUD for all 4 of us ( family) a few hours before approval.
AD: 04/12/2007 saying welcome notice ( all 4 family members) :)
LUD 04/13/2007:Card Production Ordered
LUD 04/17/2007: Approval Notice sent
Green Card Received : 04/19/2007 ( all 4 family members): End of Story:D
Still to receive Approval Notices as of today, probably tommorrow, but who cares now when, with the GC's already in hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi, Are you Rest of the World category ?

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I was a silent observer but felt that I should add something after getting my green card. I got the GC after 6-7 months.

Or from India/China ? From what i watched from this portal and from observing some of my friends, i don't see that often, people from India/China getting approved in 6-7 months.
Congratulations on your freedom.

RFE Please help

My wife and me got RFE last week and asking mother name on my BC. I did send embassy letter with mother name and some affidavits not from my place where I was born but from here in USA. My brother and brother in law did it. Does anybody have any Idea. I received response from CIS on 19th of April.

Thanks for the help.