Connecticut SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
CT non-RIR finally progresses!

But in CT labor web site it hasn't updated...

Which one is correct.. or it moved to BEC.. please post it if you have any info..

thanks,

Shocking news. rir and regular in the same queue in brcs.

01/21/2005: DOL Backlog Reduction Processing Update

The DOL did not disclose in details a number of issues in the PERM Briefings which the consumers were interested in. It turned out that some of these issues had been discussed with the AILA in telephone conference before the PERM Briefing sessions began. Some of these issues had been answered as follows:
Status of Processing at the Backlog Processing Centers:
The cases which were transferred from the Regional Offices were processed first. For these cases, initial letters have been being sent out. Once the responses come back from the applicants, they will start adjudicating the cases. The current state is as follows:
Dallas, Philadelphia, and San Francisco Regions Cases: Data entry for these cases has been completed and letters have been sent out and the Backlog Centers are awaiting the responses for further processing and adjudication.
Chicago and Atlanta Regions Cases: These cases have been transferred to the Backlog Centers later and currently being data-entried. Once the data entry is completed, letters will be sent out the applicants as it did with the Dallas, Philadelphia, and San Francisco Regions cases.
The cases which were transferred from the SWA (state offices) are at the stage of data entry. Once data entry is completed, the same steps will be taken as described above.
Processing Queue per FIFO: Shockingly, there are no separate queues between RIR and Regular cases and both RIR and Regular cases are being processed on FIFO in a single national queue. Consequently, RIR cases will experience a substantial delay once the cases are transferred to the Backlog Centers!!
Opened Cases vs. Unopened Cases: Under the Transition Guideline, unopened cases have been transferred to the Backlog Centers and opened cases will be completed by the SWAs. The definition of "opened cases" is the application packages which are at the SWAs in unopened boxes or where no letters have been issued by the SWAs to the applicants. Accordingly, those who received a letter from the state offices may be completed at the state offices rather than being transferred to the Backlog Centers.
Notification of Address Changes of the Applicants or Attorneys: If one knows that his/her case has been transferred to the Backlog Centers, the notification should be addressed to the Backlog Centers. If one does not know, DOL suggests to such notification to both the Backlog Center and the SWA office.
Address of Certifying Officers and SWA in the Notice Posting for Cases to be Filed before 03/28/2005: People should follow the same rules and requirements under the current labor certification regulation. Thus the notice posting should direct the public to file misrepresentation or complaints to the office of Certifying Officer's office and the state labor certification unit. Remember, though, some Regions, addresses have been changed: Chicago and Atlanta offices.

Ridiculous !!!

This is simply frustrating, and even more so now than before. As if it was not going bad enough earlier that now they have decided to have all applications in one national queue regardless of RIR or non-RIR.

Was anyone else able to confirm the dates CT-DOL is processing? Websites are not being updated with the latest information.

Did anyone with a PD of June 2003 or later receive anything from CT-DOL? Please update us with any information you may have.

June 2003 RIR processing started

OK guys...
I have gotten confirmation that CT-DOL is processing June 2003 for sure.
I called and got this information. There are 2 people working on these cases as opposed to one that the department had previously. They said that they would try to complete June in the state but it is not known for sure.

What about July?

Are they going to process July too?. Last friday(21st) when i called them they said they are processing June 3 (he checked with a colleague,as i could hear talking,so there are 2 peoples).
He told me to check next month for July. Now with GC_Dreams18 post i was wondering were they going to process July or is it process in BRC?

Thanks
Jay22

did anyone ask about non-rir

I tried calling Friday and got only the voice mail all times.
How come you guys were able to get thru' even?

anyways.. if any of you are able to talk to them can you inquire about the non-rir situation?

DOL web site says Jan 2003. Does this mean CT will process JAn 2003 cases or will they all be sent to BRCs?

any insights will be greatly appreciated
Mud

It appears that there are very few active members from the state of CT who post here.
Guys... please update this thread as you receive any information (approvals, RFEs, NOF, etc. etc.).

Any help will be appreciated by all of us out here looking for some light at the end of the, looks-like 'never-ending', tunnel.

CT sesa number...

Adekhne
Can you post the phone number you have had luck with.

I call this number:(860) 263-6020 and only end up hearing the same old voice msg askign you to call on Monday/Wed/Fri between 9am - 12 noon.

TIA

Mud

Mud,
You have the correct number... call at about 9:15 or so... you should get someone then. I have always had luck at 9:15am.

adekhne - thanks for your tip

I called the office this am and was able to get thru',

I asked the lady whats up with Non-RIR cases field in Jan 2003 and she replied that all cases have been shipped to Philly BRC and I should be hearing from them shortly. She said that NO applications were physically at CT.

I am so confused - why the heck is the DOL web site showing CT is processing Jan 2003 non-rir cases then???

does anyone know what they are doing??????? there seems to be no valid information ANYWHERE :mad:

Did she say that no NON-RIR applications were in CT?
It definitely seems that RIR applications are being processed in CT for June 2003.
I think we should all get together and approach Senator Joe Liberman or someone like that to help us with some answers.

I would have done that myself on behalf of the group but I am in Europe and come back only on certain weekends. Anyone willing to lead? Thanks.

NON RIR Jan 2003

Today I called to CTDOL and asked what is the status of Non RIR cases as of Jan 2003. He replied all cases has been shipped to BEC. I asked him why in the web site(shusterman.com) showing Jan 2003. No answers from him.. I asked him when did u send all (what date??). No answer but he took all my details, contact numbers and he said he calls back me shortly after checking the data. But no calls from him... So what we will do now??? which one is correct?? If all cases moved to BEC why he wants to check the data??

I hate this procedure.....

jdk98 said:
Today I called to CTDOL and asked what is the status of Non RIR cases as of Jan 2003. He replied all cases has been shipped to BEC. I asked him why in the web site(shusterman.com) showing Jan 2003. No answers from him.. I asked him when did u send all (what date??). No answer but he took all my details, contact numbers and he said he calls back me shortly after checking the data. But no calls from him... So what we will do now??? which one is correct?? If all cases moved to BEC why he wants to check the data??

I hate this procedure.....

JDK98 - Atleast both of us got the same response, though my call was answered by a woman.

till then let's just sit tight and hope we hear from the BRCs soon.

I called again today and talked to a lady this time at CT-DOL office.
She informed me that "all" applications were already sent to BEC in Philadelphia.
Nothing is going to process at Connecticut CT-DOL office.

Rohila

I spoke to the lady this morning and she said my lawyer needs to call to chk on the status of the file. SPoke to my lawyer and he said the only thing they're doin at CT now is packing those boxes and sending it to BEC. Just sucks cos my PD was June 2003. Been waiting for 15 months to get to this stage and now this !!

does any body received 45 Days letter from BEC. Also anybody know who will receive this letter employer or lawyer ???
My case is filed under RIR on 23-Jul-2003.

I talked to my lawyer too..they say my case would go to BRC.They inform once they receive letter from BRC.
Initially i thought they are going to process my case in CT as the lady told me when i called her couple of times(two weeks back)..now i don't have any hope...
dhpatel my PD is on 21 July-RIR.. I will let u guys if hear anything...

Jay22

I called the office again today and the lady answered the call.
Same $hit.... ask the lowyer to call.
She said, they have packed and sent everything to BECs.... RIR and non-RIR.
This is a hopeless situation now and I am clueless if I could do anything anymore than just do a 8-5 job.

At the BECs, it may take as long as 2 years for our case to come up.

PD: Jun 2003 RIR

Status
Not open for further replies.