**** Confirmed November Interviews- Chennai *******

Re: about the fees.........

i paid $260 at NVC.... my lawyer tells me that i have to pay only $65.
Now which is correct.
LocalMadras,

Your lawyer is correct. You need to pay only $65.

Re: about the fees.........

Localmadras, Saradao,

Not to add to the confusion, but since we need to pay $335 per applicant, if you payed $260 to NVC, you need to pay $75 right?

even though your lawyer tells you need to pay only $65, I would call chennai and confirm.

I payed $335/applicant, so I guess I do not have to pay anything.
I need to pay only courier fees.

-Ravi
Originally posted by localmadras
kd / ravipk / saradao

i got the all the 'instruction-set' faxed from india to me.

IN the "important notice to immigrant visa applicants", which lists the "order in which the docs to be arranged" & it mentions about the fees.

IN the fees section, they struck-out the $260 & $65 phrases. Instead somebody wrote

" $335 in a Singe Draft"

there is also a mention about " Call 811-2000 x 3440" to find out the exchange-rates before obtaining the dd's.

i paid $260 at NVC.... my lawyer tells me that i have to pay only $65.

Now which is correct.

Notarization

Hi.

I've a Nov 20 appt for my wife's Follow-to-Join.

I've a problem getting my employment letter notarized.

The HR Dept in my company says they don't do it. They've given me a regular letter on company stationary.

I have my paystubs etc.

Will this be an issue ? Any suggestions/alternatives ?:(

Birth Cert- RAVI.PK

RaviPK

how exactly one does this. Magistrates need appointments/ you walk in with/without an attny.? You carry Stamp paper, appreciate the details- yes I know about mammools involved.

Re: Notarization

Hello 3cpo,

NOTARIZED EMPLOYMENT letter is mandatory. You should get it notraized. In my case, the immigration-coordinator in our office is the one issuing the LETTER (not part of HR, part of law & immigration-dept) He/She has to sign the employment letter in front of a NOTARY.

Again, employment letter should be notarized.

Others, please correct me if iam wrong.

2) as per Ravi's suggestion, iam going to send an email to Chennai-consulate.

3) Updates: almost collected all documents except for sailing-permit.

Good luck folks...

Last edited by a moderator:
Courier fees ? Re: Re: about the fees.........

My Lawyer has told me to pay $75 as per the P4 letter.

i.e $260 + $75 = $335

What is the eact amount in Rs for the courier fees and in what form are they expecting it ?

Originally posted by saradao

LocalMadras,

Your lawyer is correct. You need to pay only $65.

Re: Birth Cert- RAVI.PK

If you are talking about the non-availability certificate, then just go to the local municipality office, and they should assist you.

If you talking about the affidavits, then you should get them typed on a stamp paper, and get then notarized by a public notary. You really do not have to go to a magistrate. There are many public notaries, if you can't find one, just go to one of the courts in your area, and it should certainly have one.

-Ravi

Originally posted by dharmarau
RaviPK

how exactly one does this. Magistrates need appointments/ you walk in with/without an attny.? You carry Stamp paper, appreciate the details- yes I know about mammools involved.

Question for 3cpo or others who did FTJ

Question for 3cpo

Hi,

I am also waiting for follow-to-join for my wife. Looks like most of us are confused and I hope you can help us a bit.

1. Can you tell us what did you do to start the follow to join? I mean did you start with I-824 and waited till its approval?

I e-mailed chennai and they asked a list of documents and the first one was

Approval notice (I-797) It didnt say which approval, I sent the I-485 approval and they e-mailed back saying that they received my documents and they will get back to me in 1 or 2 months.

2. How did you get your wife's case number?

Everytime I call them, they ask for case number and If I say I dont have the case number, they ask me to send an e-mail and they dont respond.

3. How long did it take from start till you got the interview date for follow-to-join.

Your answers will really help us.

TIA

Need Clarification??

Guys,

I'm confused about the fees that need to paid during the interview in chennai. Sorry!! if i am repeating the question again and again. I have already paid $335 for myself and my spouse to NVC during the P3 stage.

Q-1. Do i need to pay visa fee or any other fee @ US consulate in chennai.

Q-2. Do i need to take appointment for the Lister lab or is it just walk in!!

Q-3. Do we need to have the original interview letter from consulate for taking lab test, Dr. Appointment. I have the scanned appointment letter..since i requested the P4 to be sent to local address in bangalore.

Q-4. I have Dr. V appointment on 18th Nov @5:15 P.M. and i am planning to leave to bangalore on the same day..just wanted to know how long it will take to complete the exams and possible MMR shots. Also, is it possible to prepone the appointment , if i get the lister lab report earlier on the same day.

Q-5. Is PCC from Indian Consulate SFO is fine or do we need to get local PCC.

Thanks for your help

Always
Vsats

Re: Need Clarification??

Hello Vsats,
someone will correct me if iam wrong. Here are my answers.

<localMadras> No need to pay the fees coz u paid $335. the only fees you should pay is the blue-dart courier fees. per family is 250 Rupees. Additionaly per person you should pay Rs.50 for courier-insurance. That means, if you are family of two you pay 250 + (50 * 2) = 350 ..... as a demand draft in favour of BLUE DART EXPRESS LIMITED payable at chennai...

(Note: The instruction set in the packet-4 has all this information... and you have plenty of time to read through this).

<localMadras> no appt for Lister Lab. just walk in. If you go betw 7:45 - 10.00am , you will get the report the same day around 4:00pm , otherwise it's the next-day.

Q-3. Do we need to have the original interview letter from consulate for taking lab test, Dr. Appointment. I have the scanned appointment letter..since i requested the P4 to be sent to local address in bangalore.

Q-4. I have Dr. V appointment on 18th Nov @5:15 P.M. and i am planning to leave to bangalore on the same day..just wanted to know how long it will take to complete the exams and possible MMR shots. Also, is it possible to prepone the appointment , if i get the lister lab report earlier on the same day.

<localMadras> NO NEED FOR LOCAL-PCC got it confirmed from chennai-consulate.

Re: Re: Need Clarification??

hi Vsats,

Here are answers to your questions that localmadras did not answer.

-Ravi

Hello Vsats,
someone will correct me if iam wrong. Here are my answers.

<localMadras> No need to pay the fees coz u paid $335. the only fees you should pay is the blue-dart courier fees. per family is 250 Rupees. Additionaly per person you should pay Rs.50 for courier-insurance. That means, if you are family of two you pay 250 + (50 * 2) = 350 ..... as a demand draft in favour of BLUE DART EXPRESS LIMITED payable at chennai...

(Note: The instruction set in the packet-4 has all this information... and you have plenty of time to read through this).

<localMadras> no appt for Lister Lab. just walk in. If you go betw 7:45 - 10.00am , you will get the report the same day around 4:00pm , otherwise it's the next-day.

<ravipk> No need to have original interview letter. You can take a copy, printout of the scanned letter, or email printout from US consulate, chennai.

<ravipk> From past experiences, you should allot yourself about an 1hr for Medical checkup with Dr. V.
You can take 2 appointments with Dr. V, just call them again, and take another appointment, also let them know your situation, and they seem to have a sympathatic ear.

<localMadras> NO NEED FOR LOCAL-PCC got it confirmed from chennai-consulate.

Re: Courier fees ? Re: Re: about the fees.........

Here is one-more twist to the fees....
i paid $260 to NVC.

I emailed chennai, asking them how much do i need to pay during the interview. The reply PAY $65

iam going to take a DD for $65only & $75... (who to believe & not to believe)...

Iam totally confused

Originally posted by kd6809
My Lawyer has told me to pay $75 as per the P4 letter.

i.e $260 + $75 = $335

Re: Re: Courier fees ? Re: Re: about the fees.........

I think one of you must call chennai and get complete and accurate details!
If I interpret the fee correctly, it should total to $335.
The only other option is to take 2 drafts 1 for $65 and the other for $75.

-Ravi

i paid $260 to NVC.

I emailed chennai, asking them how much do i need to pay during the interview. The reply PAY $65

iam going to take a DD for $65only & $75... (who to believe & not to believe)...

Iam totally confused

Employment letter

Hello all,

Please reply if you know what kind of letter is needed from the employer for CP interview. If anyone has a sample letter, please forward it.

Apart from the salary and position description, are there any other things are are specifically necessary to be mentioned?

cheers!
amit

Re: Re: Courier fees ? Re: Re: about the fees.........

Same here , I infact specifically mentioned the $75 amount and they clearly replied that if you have paid $260 to NVC we need to pay only $65 to Chennai. So I wil cary this email and take a draft of $65, worst case this issue is resolvable there locally by calling the Chennai number 811 2000.

i paid $260 to NVC.

Iam totally confused

FTJ etc

Thanks localmadras for the notarization input.

I got a travelling notary to come to my workplace and she did the needful in 5 minutes. Had to cough up 45 bucks but what the hell. She just notarized the doc and took the HR person's signature and details into her Notary Book.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tooOldtoWait - following is my timeline for FTJ.

July '01 : Filed I-485 in CSC. Unmarried status.

Nov '01 : received FP notice.
went to India and got married in a three-week window.
Registered marriage.
Gave FP after return.

Mar '02 : I-1485 approved.
Got stamp on PP.
Started bugging company attorney for FTJ.

Apr-Jul '02 : Wife wasted lots of time trying to get BC in India.
settled for affidavits 'coz birth wasn't registered.
Wife sent in filled out DS230 part I & II to atty.

Jul '02 : received my plastic (Grren) card.

Aug '02 : Attorney sent email to Chennai asking them if
they would accept attorney cert packet with my
"old" I-140, Ds-230s and the rest of the docs.
...... Mumbai was to be Plan B if Chennai refused.
( I previously had various H1s from there )
AND
whether Chennai would do it without I-824
because I already have plastic card.

Aug '02 : Chennai says YES. Attorney mails Big Fat Packet.
( I jokingly refer to it as Packet 3-1/2 during discussion
with atty. )

Aug '02 : Wife follows up with Chennai for case number.
Doesn't get it in during Aug in spite of 5-6 emails.

Sep '02 : Wife gets case number in mail.
Sends email for appointment. No reply.
I decide to take risk. Book a ticket for Oct 25
outbound ( yes, TONIGHT ) and return on Nov 30,
'coz S'pore & Korean were giving fantastic deals
and didn't want to miss it.
Wife also blocks a return from there on the Nov 30
flight, one-way.

Oct '02 : Appointment date confirmed for Nov 20 by Chennai website ( I was EB2 ).
packet 4 received by wife
Wife completes Medicals etc. per my advice and currently relaxing at home.

Oct 25, '02 : I'm leaving tonite.

If you've questions, please post. I'll be glad to answer.

I never filed I-824. Maybe an aggressive atty & my plastic card helped.