**** Confirmed November Interviews- Chennai *******

Hi Saradao,

Our interview was a very simple & easy one. The embassy asked us to suggest a date by which we can get ready all the documents. Thus our interview was scheduled on Oct24th. We did our Medicals including vaccinations.

On the day of interview we reached embassy at 8AM as our appt time was at 8.30Am. After the security checking we were allowed into the consular section & within minutes the lady who gave us interview date appeared at the window. She collected all the documents & copies, including that of the cheque, which we send the to NVC. As we had all the forms (DS 230 part 2) filled with us we didn’t had to fill it & waste time at the consulate –Thanks to Mr. Gopulu’s interview experience in Ezboard. They also asked for the copy of DS- 230part 1 which we send to NVC. After few minutes the Consular officer came & they returned the X Ray back to us. She made us to take the oath & told within next week they will call us. We didn’t have to pay any extra money at the consulate. Once again thanks to you & immigration portal for all the valuable informations. All the best for an early, successful interview

:)

Interview

Hi Juke,

Congrats on your successful interview- must be a big relief!

Couple of things I wanted to check on- which hospital did you get your medical done from? Also, why did the embassy say they would contact you in a week??- were they unable to stamp your passport on the same day?

thanks for sharing your experience.

amit

Hi all..

Does any one know, if we need to fill up DS 230 (Part I & II) or OF 230 (Part I & II)..
I see these two are being used commonly in most of the forms and conversations..
and I looked at the forms, they look alike with suddle differences..

But Wasnt sure, which one is the right..

Any clarifications would be appreciated..

Thanks guys
plk

Re: FTJ etc

Originally posted by 3cpo
tooOldtoWait - following is my timeline for FTJ.

Thanks a lot for your answer 3cpo. I am sure lots of guys like me who are waiting for FTJ will appreciate the details that you have given, especially when you must be in a hurry to leave.

I asked chennai about my status and they asked me to contact them after 20 days, I am not sure if that is a good thing or bad. When I asked for the case number, they said to wait till their office contacts the application, I guess it means "dont bother us".

Anyways, my case is similar to yours except that I dont have a plastic, my attorney sent several e-mails and they never responded, when I sent an e-mail they responded, I had to remove the staple from the big fat packet that my lawyer prepared and sent only a few documents from it. This also happened in Aug, but I guess since I dont have a plastic, they are not working on my case or something like that, got knows what the hell they are doing!.

Anyways good luck for you interview, I dont have any questions now. I might have some after 20 days.

I guess its like someone said in this board, some people go to the baggage area in the airport and their bags are just there as if the bags know that the master is waiting, for the unlucky ones, you wait there....wait....wait and you almost think that your bags are lost and then there comes yours at last!.

Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
Is anyone dealing with an issue, where your company has changed the name during course of this GC Processing.

I am curious to know if we need to file an amended I-140 after the name change.

Thanks
plk

Hello amitag,
I did my medicals in Qatar as my embassy is the one here. Also the week the embassy received my pkt3 from NVC they called me for suggesting the interview date. They did'nt send Pkt4 or appt letter. The very next week we were given the interview date. May be it's b'coz it is taking them some time for my visa. Which is your consulate? Any thing else you need to know? Happy to share my experience with you.

Guys need your help with the receiving address of Packet 4

I have not given the local address in India (Hyd) for sending the packet4, when sending the completed packet 3 to NVC. Whats the difference in documents that are sent if given a local address in India, to the one sent to US. I assume, we recieve the packet 4 faster than getting it here in US (lawyer has to forward it to me again). I would like to give the local address now, I guess by sending a mail to chennai consulate, do u see any problems with that at this stage? Your views are appreciated.

Hi,
Can any one give Dr. Vijayalakshmi telephone numbers.

I am trying the following but no luck.

tel : 91-44-641-3445
91-44-641-3445

Thanks

Re: Guys need your help with the receiving address of Packet 4

Hi Pattu007,

If you are going to receive the pkt4 in the US, you are going to get only appointment letter, and documentation list.
But if you give India address, you would get all forms along with appointment letter, and doc list.

If your lawyer is going to prepare pkt4 for you, I would suggest that you talk to your lawyer, what needs to be done.
In my case, my lawyer is going to prepare pkt4, and he was not willing to do that until he sees original appointment letter (snob!!!) so I had to ask my dad to mail the whole package to my US address.... you get the gist....

-Ravi

Originally posted by pattu007
I have not given the local address in India (Hyd) for sending the packet4, when sending the completed packet 3 to NVC. Whats the difference in documents that are sent if given a local address in India, to the one sent to US. I assume, we recieve the packet 4 faster than getting it here in US (lawyer has to forward it to me again). I would like to give the local address now, I guess by sending a mail to chennai consulate, do u see any problems with that at this stage? Your views are appreciated.

bvpsr,

You do have the right numbers, 91-44-6413445/6
when did you call??? did you call during her office hrs, Mon-Sat 10-4pm??? remember we are on standard time.

for back-up, I would suggest you call other doctors, and make appointments.......

-Ravi

Originally posted by bvpsr
Hi,
Can any one give Dr. Vijayalakshmi telephone numbers.

I am trying the following but no luck.

tel : 91-44-641-3445
91-44-641-3445

Thanks

Re: Re: Guys need your help with the receiving address of Packet 4

RaviPK,

I received a notification from the consulate confirming my interview date. But there is no information about the required documentation to be carried for the interview. I have an old list from srifx(ISN-ezboard), but can some one who has received the full package put up a list here for everybody's reference, please.

Thanks
Prakash

Originally posted by RaviPK
Hi Pattu007,

If you are going to receive the pkt4 in the US, you are going to get only appointment letter, and documentation list.
But if you give India address, you would get all forms along with appointment letter, and doc list.

If your lawyer is going to prepare pkt4 for you, I would suggest that you talk to your lawyer, what needs to be done.
In my case, my lawyer is going to prepare pkt4, and he was not willing to do that until he sees original appointment letter (snob!!!) so I had to ask my dad to mail the whole package to my US address.... you get the gist....

-Ravi

credit fraud-mistaken identity-watch out!!!

Fellow cpers how can we check credit report before we leave for the interview?

I am not alarming you all, but brace yourselves for the unexpected as one chennai cper reported his horrifying experience as below:

Friends:

I went to Chennai for consular processing. My appointment date
was October 29, 2002. After verifying all the papers and
finger printing, the office told me that there is a fraud case
in my name and they will call me again after a month. They
have cancelled my visa so I cannot leave India. I pleased to
him about my job etc, all he said was if I am not invloved in
any fraud why I should be scared and didn't give me any
explanation what kind of fraud and where etc.

I am not involved in any fraud. But few months back an agent
from a collection agency called to verify that I was not the
person he is looking for. I found out later that a guy with
the same last name as mine, charged his credit card and
disappeared.

Just to make sure, I checked my credit report from experian
and I do not see any adverse notes there.

I called my Attorney and he says there is nothing he can do.
All he could suggest me is to wait until I hear from the
Consular office.

I am hosed now. I am stuck in India as they cancelled my visa
at Chennai when I went for CP. My job is in jeopardy because I
don't know how long this is going to take

Thanks in advance for your input/suggestions. I would also
like to hear your experiences if you were involved in a
situation like this before.

One more Question ??

Guys,

I see lot of people in this forum were mentioning about konica lab in chennai for getting the immigration style photo. Can somebody give me address and direction may be phone number.

Thanks for your help

Always
Vsats

Re: credit fraud-mistaken identity-watch out!!!

Originally posted by dharmarau
After verifying all the papers and finger printing, the office told me that there is a fraud case in my name and they will call me again after a month. They have cancelled my visa so I cannot leave India.

Sounds more like a case of the consulate having dealt with an immigration fraud case with a similar name as our friend. There is no reason why fradulant use of your credit should figure in a CP interview.

Re: Re: Re: Guys need your help with the receiving address of Packet 4

Hi Kprakash,

There was another posting from BAPA. You can search for that list, I think that is more recent than srifx's list.

-Ravi

Originally posted by kprakash
RaviPK,

I received a notification from the consulate confirming my interview date. But there is no information about the required documentation to be carried for the interview. I have an old list from srifx(ISN-ezboard), but can some one who has received the full package put up a list here for everybody's reference, please.

Thanks
Prakash

$$ to Re- bank draft

dear Fellow CPers,

when are you going to call cons. for the exchange value, a week before interview makes sense.

Clarification

Guys,

I recieved the employment letter from our immigration lawyer. The employment letter has two pages. The first page as all the employment details and the second page has only notary information. The notary signature and seal is on the second page, but the first pages doesn't have any seal or signature on it. Is it ok or we need to have something specified(like seal or signature) on the first page also. Pls clarify!!

Thanks,
Vsats

Re: Clarification

why did they notarize the second-page, is it because of the "space constraints" ?

Does the second-page atleast refer to some contents in the first-page ?

My emp-letter had plenty of blank-space @ the bottom. For me, the notary-seal is at the left-bottom on the same-page.

your second-page should not be a plain-white paper having only notarized signature on it. I guess that is not the way in your case.

Anyone have any ideas ???