**** Confirmed November Interviews- Chennai *******

"Scanned" List of Documents needed for Interview

Hi Guys,

Would any of you guys be kind enough to send me a "Scanned" list of documents to take for the interview to giveittomainer@yahoo.com ? I need this to show it to my HR department and the Attorney. I only got the Appointment Letter to my US address. I would appreciate it if any body could take time to send me this document.

Thank you very much,
Mainer

Re: "Scanned" List of Documents needed for Interview

Hi Mainer,

Please send me your fax number, and I can fax you the list of documents from US consulate. my email id: rpk73@hotmail.com

-Ravi

Originally posted by Mainer
Hi Guys,

Would any of you guys be kind enough to send me a "Scanned" list of documents to take for the interview to giveittomainer@yahoo.com ? I need this to show it to my HR department and the Attorney. I only got the Appointment Letter to my US address. I would appreciate it if any body could take time to send me this document.

Thank you very much,
Mainer

Ravi, please check your email

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your response. Please check your email.

Thanks,
Mainer

good luck to all Nov Folks

Hello all,

I wish you all Good Luck .

Iam leaving on Nov 11th for the Nov 19th interview.

Once again, Good Luck everybody.

--localMadras

Good Luck localmadras

Good luck with your interview. Just make sure to post here your experience as soon as you can after the interview.

Good luck again.

- Mainer

Re: Ravi, please check your email

Hi Mainer,

I faxed you the info sheets I got from consulate.
I just did not fax the actual appointment letter, and the forms.....

all the best
-Ravi

Originally posted by Mainer
Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your response. Please check your email.

Thanks,
Mainer

list of documents needed

Hi RaviPk and fellow friends,

got my CP done on Oct 22nd, and everything was cool.
guys its ok if you go by 8am need not go there at 7:30 and wait wait wait.
cell phones not allowed inside embassy.

Our Immigration officer at the counter was an Indian.

the guy who had given us oath was an American.

for Immigration style pic's

there is Konica labs near by to Consulate, they know well how to take the pic's , just let them know that you want Immi style photos.

Lister Labs is close to the konica labs, Dr. Vijaylakshmi is also nice, just make sure that you carry the vaccination records with you to avoid another set of vaccinations.

List of Documents submitted at the front waiting office:
1) appointment letter
2) dd for $65 if needed
3) DS 230 part I
4) D.O.B
5) Marriage Cert
6) Employment letter
7) Affidavit of support
8) 2001 W2
9) 4 immi style photos

just make sure that you have two separate folders if you are married.

enclose a copy of appt letter for your wife file

after submitting all these documents at the counter they had let us into the main bldg.

the oath ceremony started at around 10 am. at this time you'll be asked to sign the ds230 part II infront of the immigration officer.

interview :
the indian officer was pissed off because i haven't given any photo copies.
then he started shooting the list of photo copies he wanted,
D.O.b
Marriage Cert
Employment Letter

then he asked for 2000 tax filing 1040 forms, which i haven't carried, i had offered him 2000 W2, he kind of yelled at me. I need 1040 not W2. I said, all i have is either W2 or the IRS 9003 form. he agreed to take the 2000 9003 form. gave the courier dd to this officer.

he asked for a photo copy of employment letter, but with all the shuffling i couldn't find it. i told him i didn't bring. he said ok and asked me to go back, sit and wait.

after may be 40 mins, the guy who had given us oath had called by name to the counter and greeted us saying that our application has been approved. again another wait for 10 to 15 mins for the lady to call us and collected the blue dart courier slip, from there moved on to cashier counter to pay the remaining balance of 65 dollars.

thats it guys,

don't worry if you had forgotten to bring the dd for courier, you can pay by cash (indian rs).

just to be on safer side, get a photo copy of all originals you carry.
the indian officer is real cranky fellow, but not trouble some. no problems at all.

out of embassy by 12pm, the courier was sent to my native place the following day. nothing was needed to show to the courier delivery person.
no receipt was issued at the embassy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: list of documents needed

jonnals,

Congratulations for your succesful CP Interview.

What is IRS-9003 form (Is it different from Tax transcript), how do I get it. Is it a required document mentioned in Packet 4?

regards
Pattu007

Originally posted by jonnals

then he asked for 2000 tax filing 1040 forms, which i haven't carried, i had offered him 2000 W2, he kind of yelled at me. I need 1040 not W2. I said, all i have is either W2 or the IRS 9003 form. he agreed to take the 2000 9003 form. gave the courier dd to this officer.

Jonnals, Congratulations!!!

A question, you said you submitted the dd for $65 at the front waiting office. Then again said you paid it at the cashier counter. Which one is correct?

Congrats again.

-Mainer

Re: list of documents needed

Hi Jonnals,

Congrats on your sucessful CP interview.....
My interview is on the 19th of November...... hope it goes on smooth without any problems....

Enjoy your post CP/GC life...

-Ravi

Originally posted by jonnals
Hi RaviPk and fellow friends,

got my CP done on Oct 22nd, and everything was cool.

New Problem!!!!!

Guys!!
If anyone is flying thru Paris and has their Visa on passport expired .....
Make sure you visiti the nearest French Embassy and get a Transit visa...
I heard from from my friend who heard from couple of other ppl that especially Charles De gualle airport authorities are very particular about your visa on Passport...So just make sure you get your transit visa before you leave..

Better Late than Never!!!!!

My H-1 ON passport expired on Sep-11 and my H-1 got extended .
I didnt have it stamped on my Passport!!My interview is on november 21st

pattu007iRS2003

this is a simple one page form, which asks your SS# and if you are self employed and year of TAx filing ( most recent) and if you have worked in the USA for at least 180 days etc., it is downloadable, see for IRS forms in the Downloadable forms on web.Its sent in packet 4 and if not you can hand fill at the consulate. I can fax it to you if you need it. Try web first though.

type of photo for medicals

Hello,
Does any one know what type of photo needs to be put on the medical test document? i mean passport style or immigration style?
newchennai

Re: pattu007iRS2003

dharmarau,

Thanks for the help. I found the document at http://www.immihelp.com/forms/irs-9003fill.pdf

Should this form be filled up by dependents too (wife on H4)?

regards
pattu

Originally posted by dharmarau
this is a simple one page form, which asks your SS# and if you are self employed and year of TAx filing ( most recent) and if you have worked in the USA for at least 180 days etc., it is downloadable, see for IRS forms in the Downloadable forms on web.Its sent in packet 4 and if not you can hand fill at the consulate. I can fax it to you if you need it. Try web first though.

Hi Friends!

1. Can anyone help me to understand the procedure & the time-frame after I-140 approval? I got my I-140 approved on Oct 20 and going for CP. My 140 approval has been forwarded to NVC and whatz next? Do they send Pack3 or any kind of notification etc? How long does it take for me to have an interview with US consulate in Chennai.

2. Can anyone let me know where can I find post CP experiences for the month of October 2002?

Thanks,

CP Fees

I am confused thoroughly.:confused:

I have already paid $1005.00 (3 applications - daughter, wife and myself) to St. Louis along with packet 3. DO I have to pay any more fees to consulate other than courier fees??

Also how much is the courier fees??

Would appreciate your opinion.

Thanks
Prakash

PS: RaviPK: Please check your hotmail for a persona request from me.

Re: CP Fees

Kprakash,

You since you have paid $335 per person, you do not have to pay any visa fee at consulate. For courier, you need to get a demand draft for Rs 400 (250 + 50*3).

I already responded to your request, check your fax machine....

-Ravi

Originally posted by kprakash
I am confused thoroughly.:confused:

I have already paid $1005.00 (3 applications - daughter, wife and myself) to St. Louis along with packet 3. DO I have to pay any more fees to consulate other than courier fees??

Also how much is the courier fees??

Would appreciate your opinion.

Thanks
Prakash

PS: RaviPK: Please check your hotmail for a persona request from me.

Re: Re: CP Fees

Ravi,
Thanks for the clarification and the fax.
All the best in advance for a successful CP. If I am right, you are scheduled for 11/20. I am scheduled for 11/21.

Prakash

Originally posted by RaviPK
Kprakash,

You since you have paid $335 per person, you do not have to pay any visa fee at consulate. For courier, you need to get a demand draft for Rs 400 (250 + 50*3).

I already responded to your request, check your fax machine....

-Ravi

Re: type of photo for medicals

Passport size wld do.
Veerender
Originally posted by newchennai
Hello,
Does any one know what type of photo needs to be put on the medical test document? i mean passport style or immigration style?
newchennai