**** Confirmed November Interviews- Chennai *******

saradao

Registered Users (C)
** Confirmed November Interviews- Chennai**

Hi,

Let us track all confirmed November chennai interviews here.. Here are my details..

I 140 approved - 07/05

P3 posted - 08/02

NVC posted P3 to consulate - 09/17

Chennai entered P3 - 09/18

Interview date - ?????

Last edited by a moderator:
140 appr----APR06-2002
p3 sent to NVC --june 10-2002
nvc REC'D -------July 20-2002
NVC approved ---august 20
Chennai rec'd ---august 28th-2002

STATUS --Appt likely to be in November

Chennai confirmed that my interview will be likely in November.
I will check with Chennai this coming Monday.

-Ravi

Ravi,
Did they ask you to check back after october 15th? They did tell me that way..

Originally posted by RaviPK
Chennai confirmed that my interview will be likely in November.
I will check with Chennai this coming Monday.

-Ravi

question : for saradao

saradao :
how do u find when the consulate gets ur case and when it
enters it into the database ?
can u tell email/phone no . ? or is there a website
thanx

Re: question : for saradao

dpk123,
It is as simple as calling consulate. Usually (In most of the cases) it takes week to 10 days time to reach consulate from date NVC forwards P3. It looks like most of the cases are being forwarded electronically and consualte will repond you saying file has reached once they receive physical file. My personal experience was otherwise. When I called consulate after 3 days from the date NVC forwarded my case to consulate, it was already entered and nothing is mentioned about physical trasnfer!!!

email to chennai IV - ChennaiIV@state.gov

Ph : 91-44-8112060/2000

Originally posted by dpk123
saradao :
how do u find when the consulate gets ur case and when it
enters it into the database ?
can u tell email/phone no . ? or is there a website
thanx

Saradao,

Last, I checked with chennai was on 9/17. I still have to send them an email or call them up. I will call them early next week.

-Ravi

Originally posted by saradao
Ravi,
Did they ask you to check back after october 15th? They did tell me that way..

Update

Hi all,

Just an update to keep the thread going that Chennai web site gets "MSSQL server error" when checking for appointment dates.

Thanks
RKReddy

Hi,

Does any of you start from SFO? Significant difference in ticket rates on different airlines.....

Guys,

I am not going for any postponement of my interview date. I will stick with whatever they assign me.

I should be having my interview in November. I got a reply from chennai, saying that "Pls check back for the interview date after October 15th".

Chennai Recieved case from NVC : 09/04

Always
Vsats:)

Is there any way I can schedule interview after 20th?

Hi,
I won't be able to travel before 20th(November/December).
Is there any way I can ask consulate chennai to schedule my date after 20th?

Thanks

Re-Schedule ??

GreenChennai,

U can ask for the postponement but i don't think u can specify the date(s) within that month.

Check with chennai consulate.

Always
Vsats

Greenchennai,
Dont mess up your schedule..let them announce your number then you can ask them later..

Bumping thread up..

Hi all,

I am planning to travel this month end and will let you know my travel details once my tickets are confirme....

Re: Bumping thread up..

Originally posted by saradao
Hi all,

I am planning to travel this month end and will let you know my travel details once my tickets are confirme....

Same here, I am planning to block tickets today. But cant be sure till official interview dates are out. Anybody have any luck yet. Hopefully by ths weekend we should know if we call up directely.

Re: Re: Bumping thread up..

Originally posted by kd6809

Same here, I am planning to block tickets today. But cant be sure till official interview dates are out. Anybody have any luck yet. Hopefully by ths weekend we should know if we call up directely.

In fact I did bought tickets. Starting on 27th of this month.... Leaving everything else to God....

I called Chennai yesterday night,

I was told to call next wednesday.
I think i will wait until friday and call chennai again.

did anyone try to call chennai?

I am planning on starting my documentation after I get confirmed interview date.

-Ravi

Re: I called Chennai yesterday night,

I am waiting for the date confirmation to start planning for my documents as well.

RKReddy

Originally posted by RaviPK
I was told to call next wednesday.
I think i will wait until friday and call chennai again.

did anyone try to call chennai?

I am planning on starting my documentation after I get confirmed interview date.

-Ravi

Consulate wait for monthly Visa Bulletin

The consulate has to officially wait for the Visa Bulletin which comes out before mid of any month. Only then do they know the Visa Numbers and the Current status in various categories. Right now all Employment based are current but still that needs to be verfied for Nov as well (since the bulletin gives visa numbers for the coming month). So I guess there is no use calling them before 15th. But there is no harm in trying though.

We could even keep looking a Mumbai announcement also to make that call. But Mumbai does not put the coming months interview date and NWD site still has Sep interviews. So we can keep a watch in this forum for NWD and Mumbai confirmed cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Consulate wait for monthly Visa Bulletin

Hi kd6809,

I have seen a posting for NWD, with confirmed november interview. Not that it matters but, I was under the impression that Visa numbers as assigned when NVC reviews the cases.

What ever might be the case, we have to wait atleast a week more to find out more.

-Ravi

Originally posted by kd6809
The consulate has to officially wait for the Visa Bulletin which comes out before mid of any moth. Only then do they know the Visa Numbers and the Current status in various categories. Right now all Employment based are current but still that needs to be verfied for Nov as well (since the bulletin gives visa numbers for the coming month). So if the visa dates are announced before 15th you can expect them to put the dates before that on the web. So I guess there no use calling them since they are not going to tell us anyway.

But there is no harm in trying though.
We could even keep looking a Mumai announcement also to make that call.