**** Confirmed November Interviews- Chennai *******

Re: i haven't called chennai yet

Localmadras,

Check with singapore airlines and china airlines, they are offering good prices to chennai and bangalore ( I start from SFO though). Chennai consulate web site does't say whether they work saturdays or not....

Originally posted by localmadras
Hello All,

i didn't act on what i said. I forgot to email chennai on thursday(10/10/2002). Seems like i have to wait till MONDAY to find out my interview-date.

---------------------------------------------
Anyway, check this out http://madras.sphynx.com/wwwhgeneral_information.html

they have it bold letters saying " We are open from 8:15 AM to 5:00 PM daily except for holidays"

iam hoping to call them tonight.
----------------------------------

I am finding it hard to get the WHITE TRANSPERENT FOLDERS. i checked with office-depot, walmart, Franklin Covey,Staples... i could not find it anywhere.
where did you all "BUY" the folders. Please attach a GIF image of the folder.

I haven't got the "employment letter, sailing permit yet". Which i will do in coming days.

All iam gettting worried about is the TICKETS to INDIA during Nov-Dec time. Well @ this point, i just have to go. come what may ?

iam planning to leave to chennai around Nov 17th and comeback on Jan 2nd.

--localMadras

Re: Re: Re: Thats right... Call Chennai....

Saradao, and others,

I am certain that the consulate is closed on saturdays, so I am planning on calling them tomorrow night.
All I can do is wait.
I made reservations starting here on 15th, but I think I might have to change the dates to the 14th or 13th, if my interview is on the 19th. I am planning on flying thru malaysian airlines...... that way I can see malaysia (there is usually a 10hrs layover in malaysia)......

I am planning on going to the local IRS office this monday to get the tax transcripts and sailing permit.
My lawyers are not going to send me any documents before they get confirmed interview dates from chennai....

ooh!!! the wait.... if it is like this to hear the date, what will happen to me during the actual interview?????

-Ravi
Originally posted by saradao
Ravi,

I don't know whether chennai picks consular section on saturdays.. But some sections do work saturdays also. I guess you can try calling.... As I expected EB1 s are starting on 19th and I found some EB3s (Reeses etc..) on 21st. My guess for you could be on 19th as your case reached consulate much earlier and EB1 s might not be many.. Yes waiting is really painful... localmadra, Reddy and other folks any updates from you guys??

Re: i haven't called chennai yet

Hi Localmadras,

I got a clear file folder from Office Depot here is the sku number: 371994. This item is available in multiple colors, I picked the clear one. This was the only transparent/semi transparent file folders that I was able to find.

all the best.
-Ravi

Hello All,

i didn't act on what i said. I forgot to email chennai on thursday(10/10/2002). Seems like i have to wait till MONDAY to find out my interview-date.

---------------------------------------------
Anyway, check this out http://madras.sphynx.com/wwwhgeneral_information.html

they have it bold letters saying " We are open from 8:15 AM to 5:00 PM daily except for holidays"

iam hoping to call them tonight.
----------------------------------

I am finding it hard to get the WHITE TRANSPERENT FOLDERS. i checked with office-depot, walmart, Franklin Covey,Staples... i could not find it anywhere.
where did you all "BUY" the folders. Please attach a GIF image of the folder.

I haven't got the "employment letter, sailing permit yet". Which i will do in coming days.

All iam gettting worried about is the TICKETS to INDIA during Nov-Dec time. Well @ this point, i just have to go. come what may ?

iam planning to leave to chennai around Nov 17th and comeback on Jan 2nd.

--localMadras

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thats right... Call Chennai....

Hi Ravi,

I did call Chennai yesterday night at 12:35 am(or should say today morning) and talked to some lady and asked about the interview dates. The lady said the consulate is closed for 4(four) days and I was surprised at that!!!!!!!! the consulate is closed on Sat, Sun, Mon(For Columbus day) & Tue(No idea why it's closed on Tuesday) and she asked me to call on Wednesday when the consulate opens. It's killing me to wait till Wednesday to find the dates. I envy the guys who called last week to find the dates. But what to do, got to wait.

Thanks
RKReddy

Originally posted by RaviPK
Saradao, and others,

I am certain that the consulate is closed on saturdays, so I am planning on calling them tomorrow night.
All I can do is wait.
I made reservations starting here on 15th, but I think I might have to change the dates to the 14th or 13th, if my interview is on the 19th. I am planning on flying thru malaysian airlines...... that way I can see malaysia (there is usually a 10hrs layover in malaysia)......

I am planning on going to the local IRS office this monday to get the tax transcripts and sailing permit.
My lawyers are not going to send me any documents before they get confirmed interview dates from chennai....

ooh!!! the wait.... if it is like this to hear the date, what will happen to me during the actual interview?????

-Ravi

waiting....

Hey Ravi/others,

1) Thanks for the info. I bought the BEAUTONE expanding files, 13 pocket holder, from STAPLES.

2) I called the consulate on Frid US timezone. They told us to call back on wed. They are closed for Columbus Day(mon) and Vijayadasami(tue). I think, by wed the dates would be available in the website.

3) DS230 Part-I what should i do ?????

the document-checklist lists down DS-230 as one of the required docs. that is where iam getting confused. If my attorney / myself don't have a photo-copy, should i just download new-DS 230 forms and re-fill it with the same information as i did for PACKET-3
If you see "Ranen" posting in this http://boards.immigrationportal.com...?threadid=61511 thread, he says
-------
I think that was exactly happened to one of the member of this board. While appearing for interview he was asked for the copy of DS-230-I and as far as I know he was carrying one copy, send submitted that duly signed in...
------

what should I do in this situation. Does the consulate specifically ask for the photo-copy ?

4) Saradao, thanks for the info. I have only one option. that is to fly through pacific. China/malaysian/Singapore/Cathey pacific, which ever has seats for two people.

5) I don't have that much vacation. no pay ofcourse. We have a function on Dec 29th which I should attend. Thats why i'm taking one month vacation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Little more patients

Localmadras,

I read your posting and saw that you were plannng to send a mail anyways , the next thing I did was send a mail to Chennai,. The credit for I knowing my date goes to you. Dont worry you will also be confirmed in Nov.
I guess guys who got the reply saying "November likely" should not worry too much. Be positive and plan accordingly and as per the Consulate Holidays I guess its on their site too
http://madras.sphynx.com/wwwhdate.php3
I too did not notice the Holidays till today.

I am sure everybody on this thread will be GC holders in Nov. Will watch out for your posts. Let hope for the best.

Re: Re: Little more patients

oh sure Kd6809, iam taking it easy...

can someone answer my question (3) in my prev. posting. :(

did anyone confirm with LISTER & Dr.V.

Herez the link about sailing-permit
SAILING PERMIT -- http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/international/article/0,,id=97256,00.html
local Dallas office ----- http://www.irs.gov/localcontacts/article/0,,id=98337,00.html

I am not taking the sailing permit since my Lawyer has told me that its not required. I dont think its mentioned in the List of Docs anymore.
The Tax transcripts and W2 should be enough to prove that you paid yor taxes etc.
But its upto you.

Re: Re: Little more patients

Localmadras,
reg. your question3,
I am hoping that my lawyer made copies of my DS230 part1.
I am planning on taking those.

-Ravi

oh sure Kd6809, iam taking it easy...

can someone answer my question (3) in my prev. posting. :(

did anyone confirm with LISTER & Dr.V.

Herez the link about sailing-permit
SAILING PERMIT -- http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/international/article/0,,id=97256,00.html
local Dallas office ----- http://www.irs.gov/localcontacts/article/0,,id=98337,00.html

Re: Re: Re: Little more patients

Originally posted by RaviPK
Localmadras,
reg. your question3,
I am hoping that my lawyer made copies of my DS230 part1.
I am planning on taking those.

-Ravi

Sorry for skiping the DS230-partI ques.
Yes I guess its normal practice most of immi Lawyers to give us the filled hard copy of DS-230 Part-I, also since sometimes the consular officers ask for it , maybe when they havent yet received one from NVC or there is some difference like the consulate and case number change. Yes its better to have already filled out one ready just in case.

Regarding the sailing permit I have a question, what is the purpose of this doc. I know in the past they used to ask for it but not anymore.

Guys,
I was away for two days and it looks this thread went quite long. Ravi, localMadras, Reddy and other folks just one more painful day for you guys before you get to know your interview dates.. My P3 was forwarded on 17th September and managed to get Nov interview. So all you guys might be set for Nov interviews as your P3 reached consulate much earlier than mine. Planning for sailing permit this friday. After kd's posting, I thought of omiting sailing permit from my list... but as my visa got expired already, I don't want to take any chance at departure point(As one my friend was asked to present sailing permit. First of its kind hearing though!!!). Othrwise, as Kd6809 suggested, no sailing permit is required as part of interview requirement (I got it confirmed).

Local madras, I guess you can fill up new DS 230 part-I and present to consulate. I got a copy of mine even before submitting to my attorney.

kd6809, sailing permit is tax clearence document as a proof that you are NOT tax due to IRS. As you said ealier, for several years it was not asked at consulate and may not be required any more.

I will keep posting my developments towards my documentation...

Hi

Appointment for consular processing
for my wife and I is on November 20th 2002.

My Packet 3 was sent to the consulate
on 09/04. Packet 4 was recvd in my Chennai
address yesterday. Since my I-140 was approved
a while back, my packet 3 never went to
NVC.

Doctor's appointment

Hi all,

A quick question. My appointment is on Nov 20th Wednesday.
Will a doctor's appointment on Monday 18th be too late ?

Thanks!

Re: Doctor's appointment

hello sbalakri,

To answer your question, allow me to cut & Paste these lines from FAQ section @ http:// madras.sphynx.com
<<<<
The medical exam should occur after the laboratory tests and be at least two working days before the IV appointment.>>>>>

If you have it scheduled 18th , you should be fine.

Hello kd6809,
saradao is correct, its a certificate which says that you are a CLEAN-GUY.
Reading in-between lines from the IRS website http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/international/article/0,,id=97256,00.html

<<<<If you try to leave the United States without a sailing or departure permit, and cannot show that you qualify to leave without it, you may be subject to an income tax examination by an IRS employee at the point of departure. You must then complete the necessary income tax returns and statements and, ordinarily, pay any taxes due.>>>>>

Again , it is just to avoid any issues during departure :) :)

All,
are there any EB2 folks, who confirmed nov-interview date. Please post .

Herez my research (silly one)

1) Chennai consular-processing interview dates are scheduled only from TUESDAY THRU FRIDAY

2) Its' always done during the last-two weeks in a month.

3) EB1 always schd. first (for 2 days).

4) EB2 & EB3 alternate everymonth to follow the EB1 category. meaning...

5) For Nov, If EB3 is scheduled for lastweek-but-one (nov 19,20,21,22)

6) in DEC, EB3 will be schedule for LAST-WEEK ( dec 24,26,27,30)

7) In Oct, EB1 went first followed by EB2. Therefore, all NOV-EB2 should be schd for last-week in nov.

For items 4,5,6,7 Data gathered from http://www.cptracker.com (sort by interview date & category & chennai consulate )

If my theory is right, i should be schd for Nov last week (26,27,28,29) for EB2. Who knows i might be totally wrong :D

Re: Re: Doctor's appointment

If my theory is right, i should be schd for Nov last week (26,27,28,29) for EB2. Who knows i might be totally wrong :D

localmadras,

I am in EB2 category. And my appointment is scheduled
for 20th Nov.

Also remember, the consulate is closed on 28th for
Thanksgiving.

No updates on documentation yet.....

Hi,

How soon do we need to fix an appointment for medicals. How flexible are these doctors?? Is it ok if you call them before a weeks time??

Thinking in same line

Hi all,

I am thinking in the same line as saradao about the doctor's appointment. Can somebody post the phone numbers of the INS doctors in chennai. Also, do we need to take appointment for the lister labs..or is it just walk in!!

Always
Vsats

Here is the answer I got regarding interview appointment schedule..

"It's better to get appointment fixed with Doctor atleast 2-3 weeks prior to interview.

For Lister lab, you don't need prior appointment. Just walk-in that day. Better to go early around 8 AM as you get the work done soon.

Also, try to have 2 days minimum gap between doctor appointment and Consular Interview."

Re: Thinking in same line

Doctors and lister lab details..

Dr. V. Rajkumar, 1 Club Road, Chetpet, Chennai 600 031
Tel: 8265122 Hours: 8 am to noon, Mon – Sat

Dr. N. Vijayalaksmi, Padma Nursing Home, 753 Poonamalle High Road, Kilpauk, Chennai 600 010
Tel: 6413445, 6413446 Hours: 10 am to 4 pm, Mon – Sat

Dr. Mathai Thomas, Best Hospital Pvt. Ltd., 9 Vellala Street, Kodambakkam, Chennai 600 024
Tel: 4832777, 4832781, 4831407 Hours: 4:30 pm to 7:30 pm, Mon – Sat

Dr. Usha Sriram, E.V. Kalyani Hospital, No. 4, 2nd Street, Dr. Radhakrishna Road, Mylapore, Chennai 600 004
Tel: 8547475, 8521941 Hours: 9 am to noon, Mon – Fri

Lister Laboratory, 3 Jagannathan Road, Chennai 600 034
Tel: 8278971, 8234429, 8202666, 8202777 Hours: 8 am to 10:30 am, Mon – Sat; pickup daily 5:30 to 6:30

Originally posted by vsats
Hi all,

I am thinking in the same line as saradao about the doctor's appointment. Can somebody post the phone numbers of the INS doctors in chennai. Also, do we need to take appointment for the lister labs..or is it just walk in!!

Always
Vsats

hello guys...GOOD NEWS

Around 11:08 PM CST , i called 011-91-44-811-2060, a lady answered our call. Asked her about my interview-details.

She said, iam scheduled for " NOV 19TH ", and the packet-4 was sent to local-address already.

what a relief ......

Sir Saradao, letz meet on Nov 19th.

--localMadras