**** Confirmed November Interviews- Chennai *******

Re: Postponing interview date

You can always request consulate for later interview dates and quite a few got approval too. I don't see any major repurcations in this..

Originally posted by sbalakri
Hi all,

A friend of mine has his CP interview scheduled for
Nov 20th. He needs to get it postponed to December for
personal reasons. Do any of you know if this is
possible and what the repurcussions of this might
be ?

Thanks for your help!

Localmadras, Saradao....

I have made appointments with Dr. V for 15th at 4:45pm, and Lister is anyway walkin.....
Hey Localmadras, Saradao, may be we will meet at either Dr V or at Lister.

I am planning on going to the local IRS office to get tax transcripts and Sailing Permit.

-Ravi

URgent : Packet 4 and local address

I had earlier informed the Chennai consulate to send the packet 4 to the local address in Hydeabad. But my mother is out of station at the moment and has informed the guard and neighbors. I wanted to know if people have started to receive their P4s and what courier does the consulate use. In casde my packet was snet and returned what option do I have now.

Meanwhile I have mailed the consulate enquiring about the details.

Re: Localmadras, Saradao....

Yes Ravi,

We might as well meet at Dr.V. Ravi and LocalMadras, can we have a protocal to identify ourselves?? If you feel confortable, we can have personal emails. What do you say??

Originally posted by RaviPK
I have made appointments with Dr. V for 15th at 4:45pm, and Lister is anyway walkin.....
Hey Localmadras, Saradao, may be we will meet at either Dr V or at Lister.

I am planning on going to the local IRS office to get tax transcripts and Sailing Permit.

-Ravi

Re: URgent : Packet 4 and local address

kd6809,
I found in one posting that P4 is received for a local chennai address. As on today I did not receive any to my local address which is aound 200 km from chennai. I guess all p4 s are posted by consualte already... Possibly it may take a day or more to reach...

Originally posted by kd6809
I had earlier informed the Chennai consulate to send the packet 4 to the local address in Hydeabad. But my mother is out of station at the moment and has informed the guard and neighbors. I wanted to know if people have started to receive their P4s and what courier does the consulate use. In casde my packet was snet and returned what option do I have now.

Re: Re: Localmadras, Saradao....

Hi Saradao,
Sure here is my email id: rpk73@hotmail.com

Lets start communicating offline too....
-Ravi

Originally posted by saradao
Yes Ravi,

We might as well meet at Dr.V. Ravi and LocalMadras, can we have a protocal to identify ourselves?? If you feel confortable, we can have personal emails. What do you say??

Recieved P4 @ local

Hi All,

Recieved P4 at our local address in bangalore on 10/14/02. I have confirmed my medical with DR. V on 18th Nov @ 5:15 P.M.

I guess we must start working on the documents. Can anybody post the laundry list of documents needed..just to cross-check that we are in sync.

Best of luck for everyone for the Nov. Interview.

Always
Vsats

Re: Recieved P4 @ local

vsats,

Is it a courior or thorugh Indian postal service?? Can you confirm on this??

Originally posted by vsats
Hi All,

Recieved P4 at our local address in bangalore on 10/14/02. I have confirmed my medical with DR. V on 18th Nov @ 5:15 P.M.

I guess we must start working on the documents. Can anybody post the laundry list of documents needed..just to cross-check that we are in sync.

Best of luck for everyone for the Nov. Interview.

Always
Vsats

How was the P4 sent

Anybody knows how the P4 was posted, I am expecting mine at Hybd. PLease mention if it was courier or normal post. Since mine could have gone back to consulate and I need to figure out what has to be done.

hello Guys

hello Guys,

1) congrats Vsats on your packet-4

2) my brother recd our packet-4 October-17th through the regular SPEED-POST.

3) i haven't spoken to my brother( but he sent offline messages in yahoo)

4) it contains "an appt letter , with my name & wife's name" & few application forms.

5) should i inform my attorney saying my INTERVIEW date is fixed. what is attorney's job-role from here onwards. Should i talk to them or should i talk my para-legal to get all the necessary documentation. ( i guess it's the employment-letter etc... etc..)

Re: hello Guys

Congrats localMadras,
Is your indian address is local Chennai address??

Originally posted by localmadras
hello Guys,

1) congrats Vsats on your packet-4

2) my brother recd our packet-4 October-17th through the regular SPEED-POST.

3) i haven't spoken to my brother( but he sent offline messages in yahoo)

4) it contains "an appt letter , with my name & wife's name" & few application forms.

5) should i inform my attorney saying my INTERVIEW date is fixed. what is attorney's job-role from here onwards. Should i talk to them or should i talk my para-legal to get all the necessary documentation. ( i guess it's the employment-letter etc... etc..)

Re: URgent : Packet 4 and local address

Hi kd6809,

I did receive Packet 4 to my local address, by the way I am from Hyderabad. My parents called me today morning.

Thanks
RKReddy

Originally posted by kd6809

Re: Re: hello Guys

yes, iam localite live in chennai.

packet4 mailed to my home-address in chennai.

Saradao/Ravipk -- i 'Private messaged' you my home phone number, if we need to tak.

but i couldn't do it for RAVI PK. ('it says raviPK is not subscribed for Privae-message)...

Re: Re: Re: hello Guys

LocalMadras,

Sent a mai to your mailId. Let us keep in touch....

Saradao/Ravipk -- i 'Private messaged' you my home phone number, if we need to tak.

but i couldn't do it for RAVI PK. ('it says raviPK is not subscribed for Privae-message)...

Re: Re: Re: hello Guys

Hi Localmadras,

I will change my preferences, and then you can leave a message for me, else send me anemail and lets keep in touch that way.

Did anyone get Non-Working/Earning Sailing Permit, can you send me a link to the form? I need to take one for my wife. I know it is not on the required list of documents but I am just taking it as an insurance policy at the airport.

-Ravi

Re: Re: URgent : Packet 4 and local address

RkReddy,

Can you tell me what was the mode of the courier. REgilar Indina Post or Blue Dart. . Is there anywya I can find out.

Does it go back to consulate if the person not at home, or left in the mail box please can anyone confirm this.

I am worried that I missed the packet since people have started receiving those.

Originally posted by rkreddy
Hi kd6809,

I did receive Packet 4 to my local address, by the way I am from Hyderabad. My parents called me today morning.

Thanks
RKReddy

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: Re: Re: hello Guys

Ravi,

I believe process is same for both working and non-working. All needed is to have your name and your wife's name your tax transcripts...

Originally posted by RaviPK
Hi Localmadras,

I will change my preferences, and then you can leave a message for me, else send me anemail and lets keep in touch that way.

Did anyone get Non-Working/Earning Sailing Permit, can you send me a link to the form? I need to take one for my wife. I know it is not on the required list of documents but I am just taking it as an insurance policy at the airport.

-Ravi

CP Dates

well,

I have totally lost track of the dates, but it has been a quite a looooonnnggg time since I started this GC processing.

but, the good news is that my interview in on November 21 at Chennai. Hope to see some of you at the consulate.

I have posted question as a new thread. I will repeat the question here too. at the time of returning back, after a successful interview, does my family have to accompany me, or can they stay back for some more time and travel separately?

Would appreciate your inputs.

Thanks
Prakash

Hi guys

Wish I had known of this forum earlier.
I am having the interview on Nov. 22nd
I am planning to leave the end of this month.

Thanks