**** Confirmed November Interviews- Chennai *******

Re: Re: localmadras/saradao

Getting a BC is not easy, Non-Availability Certificate is easy.

I've followed this procedure to get a BC in Nellore (Dt) AP.

1. Applied for Non-Availability Certificate in my Municipality where I born.

2. After getting the Non-Availability Certificate, formed a petition for BC in Municipal Office with a fee

3. Municipal Office sends the petition to MRO office

4. MRO office assigns enquiry on petition to RDO

5. RDO enquires in the petition. SSC (10th Marks) Certificate, Scholl records and enquires at Residential Address given in the petition

6. RDO endorses the petition forwards to MRO

7. MRO signs the petition and forwards to Mail Room

8. Mail Room posts that to Municipal Office

9. After receiving the completed petition from MRO office, for a fee, Municipal office gives BC on a legal size (formal) stationary, with Municipal Chairman Signature on it.

In fact, I saw on immihelp.com, for chennai CP, Feb 2002 onwards, they don't accept notarized affidavits or non-availability certificates, so I had to start processing for BC from municipality office. I don't see the same note/paragraph which I found early this year on immihelp.com. may be, chennai would have changed their requirements. Whole process of getting BC took more than 4 months with hard efforts, all this process has lot of bureaucracy involved, nagging for irrelevant documents and there are lot of obstacles because many departments should participate in this process. My suggestion is better late than never. Apply for BC. it is a very important document.

non-availability is accepted

The packet 4 I got they have clearly mentioned that birth Certificate or non-availability along with Two Affidavits from relatives is expected as proof of birth.

Re: non-availability is accepted

Does anyone know if the Date of birth of parents also has to be mentioned in the Birth Certificate, or just name of the parents is enough.

Originally posted by kd6809
The packet 4 I got they have clearly mentioned that birth Certificate or non-availability along with Two Affidavits from relatives is expected as proof of birth.

Re: non-availability is accepted

Hi

I completely agree with u on this. The packet I have received clearly says "Birth certificate OR statement of non-availablitiy of birth records & affidavit of birth".

So we are fine if we don't have BC as long as we have the other ones.

Thanks
RKReddy

Originally posted by kd6809

Re: Re: Re: localmadras/saradao

hello gccp1202 ,
you said
In fact, I saw on immihelp.com, for chennai CP, Feb 2002 onwards, they don't accept notarized affidavits or non-availability certificates, so I had to start processing for BC from municipality office. I don't see the same note/paragraph which I found early this year on immihelp.com. may be, chennai would have changed their requirements

I don't think that is correct. As far as i know , the "usa state-travel" government website clearly says that
In cases where birth certificates from the authorities are unavailable or contain insufficient information regarding the birth or the parents, a sworn affidavit executed by either the parents, if living, or other close relatives older than the applicant, may be submitted......

2) Hello Dharam,
do you think the affidavits are on aRs20/-(?) Stamp paper and shd be signed in front of a magistrate, please confirm this, I am not going to try for a fresh BC at this point of time.

To answer your question,I guess you should be fine if you get an affidavit executed by your parents. (refer to the URL i posted above).

I got an "affidavit" in Rs 20 stamp-paper, duly stamped/signed/notarized by an ADVOCATE & notary-public from HIGH-COURT in Chennai. Iam just going to carry that and in case if they ask more i have my 10th , 12th certificates handy.

3) One more good news for other folks , check the usa-state website it says
IRS 9003 no longer required

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: Re: Re: localmadras/saradao

Yes LocalMadras is right... Affidavits will serve the purpose. Guys can any of you post format of affidavit you obtained already. This is to compare with the content what is issued to me. Just want to be doubly sure...
Thanks

Originally posted by localmadras
In cases where birth certificates from the authorities are unavailable or contain insufficient information regarding the birth or the parents, a sworn affidavit executed by either the parents, if living, or other close relatives older than the applicant, may be submitted...... [/URL]

Re: Re: Re: Re: localmadras/saradao

LocalMadras,

The consulate has included IRS9003 in the Packet4 and have mentioned it in the list of docs as well. From what I understand is that this is a simple form to be filled by us. But that apart if they are not needing it anymore why have they asked for it. Its safer to fill it instead.
On the other hand they have not mentioned Sailers Permit, which everybody seems to be going out of the way and getting one.

Originally posted by localmadras
hello gccp1202 ,
you said

3) One more good news for other folks , check the usa-state website it says
IRS 9003 no longer required

interview date

Hi all,

My interview date is on Nov 20th. Anyone else on that date ?

Do we need a sailing permit from the IRS office ?

Thanks!

Re: interview date

You do not require a Sailing Permit, but you might be stopped at the airport by IRS for a Sailing Permit.
It is a 5 min job at your local IRS office, so just get it. Remember to take your latest paystub if it shows the taxes payed, and year to date taxes payed.
I see other postings that required more documentation, so please call your local IRS office to get clear requirements for getting a sailing permit.

all the best.
-Ravi

Originally posted by sbalakri
Hi all,

My interview date is on Nov 20th. Anyone else on that date ?

Do we need a sailing permit from the IRS office ?

Thanks!

Re: Re: Re: localmadras/saradao

Early this year (Jan 2002), I knew very little about CP process and with no help from attorneys. When I saw "Supplements to Packet 3 from Chennai" on http://www.immihelp.com . I've interpreted the requirements differently and I pursued to get BC. Even though my I-140 was ready by Feb 2002, due to 4 Months waiting to get BC, was delayed my packet3 submission. After our discussion on the board, went to immihelp.com to see what it has. There is a 'supplement 1 to of-169' for chennai. . I hope attached info will clear the confusion.

SUPPLEMENT TO FORM OF - 169
BIRTH CERTIFICATE:
A Birth Certificate issued by the Registrar of Births & Deaths is the only acceptable document for births. "NOT FOUND' OR "NOT TRACEABLE" CERTIFICATES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Under the Registration of Births and Deaths Act, 1969 late registration of birth is possible.
I didn't observe that time, there is SUPPLEMENT 1 TO OF-169 was on the same page, it says.
A person born in India or Pakistan must present the registration certificate if his birth was registered. If it was not registered, either in the locality or, if a Christian, in a church, sworn affidavits may be submitted. Such an affidavit must be executed before an official authorized to take oaths (i.e., a magistrate, commissioner of oaths, justice of the peace or the like) by the mother. If she is deceased the father may swear to the affidavit. The affidavit should indicate:
1. that the applicant's birth was not registered;
2. the full maiden name of the mother of the applicant;
3. the full name of the father of the applicant;
4. the date of the applicant's birth;
5. the place of the applicant's birth.

If neither parent is alive, the next closest relative, who was old enough and of such relationship as to have personal knowledge of the birth at the time and place it occurred, may execute the affidavit.

A statement from the Embassy or High Commission concerning your birth is not acceptable.

A person who has used a different name from the one shown on the birth certificate, must produce a document explaining the use of such name. The following documents are commonly available as evidence:

1. Baptismal certificate
2. Deed Poll
3. School records showing early use of adopted name.

If none of the foregoing documents are available, any other document, or combination of documents, which appear to resolve the different in names will be considered. Your optional sworn statement is not acceptable unless there is other evidence to substantiate it.
Originally posted by gccp1202
Getting a BC is not easy, Non-Availability Certificate is easy.

I've followed this procedure to get a BC in Nellore (Dt) AP.

1. Applied for Non-Availability Certificate in my Municipality where I born.

2. After getting the Non-Availability Certificate, formed a petition for BC in Municipal Office with a fee

3. Municipal Office sends the petition to MRO office

4. MRO office assigns enquiry on petition to RDO

5. RDO enquires in the petition. SSC (10th Marks) Certificate, Scholl records and enquires at Residential Address given in the petition

6. RDO endorses the petition forwards to MRO

7. MRO signs the petition and forwards to Mail Room

8. Mail Room posts that to Municipal Office

9. After receiving the completed petition from MRO office, for a fee, Municipal office gives BC on a legal size (formal) stationary, with Municipal Chairman Signature on it.

In fact, I saw on immihelp.com, for chennai CP, Feb 2002 onwards, they don't accept notarized affidavits or non-availability certificates, so I had to start processing for BC from municipality office. I don't see the same note/paragraph which I found early this year on immihelp.com. may be, chennai would have changed their requirements. Whole process of getting BC took more than 4 months with hard efforts, all this process has lot of bureaucracy involved, nagging for irrelevant documents and there are lot of obstacles because many departments should participate in this process. My suggestion is better late than never. Apply for BC. it is a very important document.

My packet 3 has been submitted to St Louis recently. My situation is as follows.

My schoold going daughter's application has been filed along with my wife's and mine for CP processing. We do not want her to move to the US currently for many reasons and at the same time we would not want her to lose the GC that she would get automatically now in case she needs it in the future.

What is the best course of action for us? Let her get the card and then take the chance that she would not get disqualified for not living in the US ? Please help.

How long after we enter can she get in? 1 yr? 10 yrs?

Could I not process her visa at all right now? What then?

Re: s balkri interview date

mine is on 20th. travelling from memphis to Hyd.bad.
not trying for sailing permit as time and again many people discounted its importance.
- sbakri- when is your med exam?

Last edited by a moderator:
RaviPK,

Thanks for the info on Sailing permit...

dharmarau,

My doctor's appt is on Monday Nov 18th (5:00pm) with
Dr. Vijayalakshmi. I am landing in Chennai on Sat Nov 16th morning - will try to finish Lister that day.

Any body yet to get P4?

Hi,

My interview is on 26-Nov-2002 as per the web site. But I have not got my P4 yet to my Chennai address. I am starting to get a little worried as most of you have gotten your P4s even at Hyderabad and Bangalore. Is there any body else who is still waiting for a P4?

Thanks,
Mainer.:confused:

Hello saradao & All other friends,
We successfulllllly had our interview today(24th October) in Qatar consulate. Thanks for all your valuable informations. :)

Re: Any body yet to get P4?

Hi Mariner,

I am assuming that you have sent your local indian address to the consulate.
I would suggest that you call them and ask them to send another pkt4 to your indian address.
Else, send them an email with you case number, and ask for appointment status, you should get a reply within a day, and you can use that email printout as an appointment letter. (at lister, at doc, and at consulate entrance)

all the best.
-Ravi

Originally posted by Mainer
Hi,

My interview is on 26-Nov-2002 as per the web site. But I have not got my P4 yet to my Chennai address. I am starting to get a little worried as most of you have gotten your P4s even at Hyderabad and Bangalore. Is there any body else who is still waiting for a P4?

Thanks,
Mainer.:confused:

Re: Birth Cert.

dharmarau,

I am also in the same situation, and I am just taking my BC without my name, my school certificate with my DOB and name, and affidavits from my parents. As per my lawyer, just BC and affidavits should be fine.

-Ravi
Originally posted by dharmarau
excellent and exhastive discussion on BCs.
But the problem is for those who have BCs with 'incomplete info' like mine. Non availability is out of question. So the incomplete BC with affidavits is the feasible option at this time. Amended new BC will take months, unless you are the son-in-law of the ruling MP/Magistrate.

about the fees.........

kd / ravipk / saradao

i got the all the 'instruction-set' faxed from india to me.

IN the "important notice to immigrant visa applicants", which lists the "order in which the docs to be arranged" & it mentions about the fees.

IN the fees section, they struck-out the $260 & $65 phrases. Instead somebody wrote

" $335 in a Singe Draft"

there is also a mention about " Call 811-2000 x 3440" to find out the exchange-rates before obtaining the dd's.

i paid $260 at NVC.... my lawyer tells me that i have to pay only $65.

Now which is correct.

Congratullations juke..

I like you posting your valuble experiences. Good luck and all the best for your POE.

Originally posted by juke
Hello saradao & All other friends,
We successfulllllly had our interview today(24th October) in Qatar consulate. Thanks for all your valuable informations. :)