**** Confirmed November Interviews- Chennai *******

updates...

1) Thanks saradao, i got your email and spoke with your friend about the ticket thing. He is gonna call me sometime tomorrow. Thanks once again.

2) About the bank-statement, Call the credit-inquires-department (for example bankofamerica), ask them for a Avg-balance stmt or consolidated statement. I guess they charge 10$ for that service. It basically lists, current balance, avg balance & date account opened.

3) Sailing-permit. I walked into the IRS office in the midst of heavy-downpour in dallas. But i was un-successful in getting a sailing-permit. Because, in the form you have to fill two columns a) Date of travel
b) type of air-carrier
Unfortunately, i haven't booked my tickets yet. And i didn't know that i should take SAILING-PERMIT one and only if you confirmed the travel-dates.

Moral of the story: Book your air-tickets and then walk-in to IRS office to get the SAILING PERMIT.

4) Saradao, about your question in I-134 affidavit of support, i know i filled all those information around May2002, and bad-luck i didn't make a PHOTO-COPY OF IT... iam sorry i couldn't answer that question.

5) as far as i know these people have dates like this.. others please fill in the info ....

localMadras - 19
saradao - 19
ravi pk - 19

when we started this thread there were only 5 to 6 people, seems like there are many now... Please add your name & date and lets get a neat-list... Thanks

6) RK Reddy, i was given the same-form to fill. That is the sailing-permit. Hopefully i will goto IRS again when i have my travel-booked.

Re: I-134 question..

saradao,

My lawyer gave me all the forms already filled out DS230 I-II and I-134 Affidavit of support notarised. I even got the bank statement for my current account standing. No average 6mnt or 1yr. I have monthly bank statements to prove that fact if needed. He even took the trouble of printing the Medical Exam forms that need to be given at the Lister Labs. So that completes all the documents.

Regarding the I-134 ques 10, it means to ask you if you are supporting anybody else currently othet than people for whom you are filing the affidavit.. I guess if you have sponsosred visitors in the past and filled the same form that should not count since its not a visa petition. And dependent Visa is on your Petition. So you have not filed any H1 or IV petitions on behalf of others.
My lawyer has put none there for me since I have not filed a petition with INS for that purpose..
It might be applicable for people who add some family members later when they already are supporting some people. Hope that clears it. In worst case you can always explain the consular officer if he asks anything about it. Thats what I am doing if you are worried about it maybe you should ask your lawyer specifically.

Originally posted by saradao
Hello,

Can any one answer this.

1. I-134 question no:10

"That I have submitted Visa pititions to INSon behalf of follwing persons.."

My wife is with me here in US on depended visa.. What is that I need to fill in for the above. Is he refering to visa I applied for dependent visa?? Immediate suggestion is highly appreciated...

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: updates...

Hi Localmadras,

>>>>>>>>>>>>>3) Sailing-permit. I walked into the IRS office in the midst of heavy-downpour in dallas. But i was un-successful in getting a sailing-permit. Because, in the form you have to fill two columns a) Date of travel
b) type of air-carrier
Unfortunately, i haven't booked my tickets yet. And i didn't know that i should take SAILING-PERMIT one and only if you confirmed the travel-dates. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I am surprised by this. When I went to IRS office, he did not ask me my tickets or trip, he just said "ru departing US" for that I said "Yes". That's it. And I did not fill anyform, the IRS official filled the other side of form and he filled everything by himself. I did not even book my tickets yet. Anyway I think I am done with sailing permit. Anybody differs please post details about Sailing Permit.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>5) as far as i know these people have dates like this.. others please fill in the info ....

localMadras - 19
saradao - 19
ravi pk - 19

when we started this thread there were only 5 to 6 people, seems like there are many now... Please add your name & date and lets get a neat-list... Thanks>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Mine is -- 26th
So far it looks like I am the only one on that day from this forum, anybody on that day please post ur details, so we can keep intouch.

Thanks
RKReddy

Originally posted by localmadras
1) Thanks saradao, i got your email and spoke with your friend about the ticket thing. He is gonna call me sometime tomorrow. Thanks once again.

2) About the bank-statement, Call the credit-inquires-department (for example bankofamerica), ask them for a Avg-balance stmt or consolidated statement. I guess they charge 10$ for that service. It basically lists, current balance, avg balance & date account opened.

3) Sailing-permit. I walked into the IRS office in the midst of heavy-downpour in dallas. But i was un-successful in getting a sailing-permit. Because, in the form you have to fill two columns a) Date of travel
b) type of air-carrier
Unfortunately, i haven't booked my tickets yet. And i didn't know that i should take SAILING-PERMIT one and only if you confirmed the travel-dates.

Moral of the story: Book your air-tickets and then walk-in to IRS office to get the SAILING PERMIT.

4) Saradao, about your question in I-134 affidavit of support, i know i filled all those information around May2002, and bad-luck i didn't make a PHOTO-COPY OF IT... iam sorry i couldn't answer that question.

5) as far as i know these people have dates like this.. others please fill in the info ....

localMadras - 19
saradao - 19
ravi pk - 19

when we started this thread there were only 5 to 6 people, seems like there are many now... Please add your name & date and lets get a neat-list... Thanks

6) RK Reddy, i was given the same-form to fill. That is the sailing-permit. Hopefully i will goto IRS again when i have my travel-booked.

Re: updates...

Guys,

Thanks a lot. I am just back from IRS SanJose office with sailing permit. Very long waiting but actual time to issue sailing permit itself is less than 5 minutes.... I need to finish DS 230 part II, I-134 and bank statments to finish off my documents....

Originally posted by localmadras

b) type of air-carrier

Received P4 atlast....

Hi all,

Received my P4 to my local Indian address today. Aparently it was post marked just 2 days back and NOT a speed post...

Got My P4 too

RkReddy and Guys,

I received my packet4 at my local Hybd address yesterday.
They have asked for IRS 9003 , my lawyer has not mentioned it.

NOTE : It was sent by normal Indian Post and was posted on 16th

hi, fellow chennai cpers,

dt of interview Nov.20th

i looked at IRS 9003, it looked straight forward and simple, am I missing something? why is this an issue, just want to know if something is fishy about this, thats all.

also, I am not taking a sailing permit, as the forum participants repeatedly confirmed that its not necessary, if you get it just like that have it, however. As localmadra written it can be taxing.

appreciate.

my updates

I am still fighting a war with my lawyers, they are not planning to work on my case until they receive the pkt4, but I have already told them that I received the pkt4 from us consulate to my indian address.
I am still waiting for a response from them

I am presuming that the lawyers are going to fill out all forms and send them to me.

Here is the list of documents that I already have,

1. Tax Transcripts
2. Sailing Permits
3. Immunization Records from school

that is all, I hope to get all documents done by end of October.

-Ravi

Hi P K Ravi,

what exactly your lawyers shd do at this stage, dont we all have everything in our hands by now? Go thru the forum and get ready yourself. Yes you do need copies of petitions and approvals, I am afraid.

Advice> Dont rely on them, they are proved to be a
disappintment in my case.

Information on Packet 4 materials

Hi All,

This is my first time here and I have a possible December interview. I would like to get some information. Could you please tell me what are the packet 4 contents? This will help me prepare.

Thanks!
AKPM

IRS 9003

Its not an issue just that my lawyer did not give me as part of the package, like I said the P4 sent by the consulate includes it. Anyway I too found it to be a simple form. Hope there is nothing else to it.

Originally posted by dharmarau
hi, fellow chennai cpers,

dt of interview Nov.20th

i looked at IRS 9003, it looked straight forward and simple, am I missing something? why is this an issue, just want to know if something is fishy about this, thats all.

also, I am not taking a sailing permit, as the forum participants repeatedly confirmed that its not necessary, if you get it just like that have it, however. As localmadra written it can be taxing.

appreciate.

dear fellow Nov.cpers,

no one talks about PCC on this thread- is it only the US Indian consulate PCC all that we need. dont we need Local Police stn PC. appreciate input.

Also, I am asked to pay $1395 by NW KLM from 12th Nov to 2nd Dec. round trip from Memphis to Hyd.bad-/ must pay by Mon/Tue-
advice welcome.

Hi

Hi dharmarau,

This PCC topice was talked a lot of time. U only need PCC from US, if u r living in US. That's all no need of Local Police stn PC.

Thanks
RKReddy

dear fellow Nov.cpers,

no one talks about PCC on this thread- is it only the US Indian consulate PCC all that we need. dont we need Local Police stn PC. appreciate input.

Also, I am asked to pay $1395 by NW KLM from 12th Nov to 2nd Dec. round trip from Memphis to Hyd.bad-/ must pay by Mon/Tue-
advice welcome.

Re: my updates

RaviPk,

Have your folks fax the copy of the letter , the important stuff only. They even send the forms but we just need to know if they are asking for anyhthing more. Use this faxed copy to convince ur lawyer. He should be preparing the Affidavits from the Company etc for you are required, and DS-230 I- II . Affidavit of support notarized/ Original I-140 approval and copy of application for I-140 and the supporting docs.

Originally posted by RaviPK
I am still fighting a war with my lawyers, they are not planning to work on my case until they receive the pkt4, but I have already told them that I received the pkt4 from us consulate to my indian address.
I am still waiting for a response from them

I am presuming that the lawyers are going to fill out all forms and send them to me.

Here is the list of documents that I already have,

1. Tax Transcripts
2. Sailing Permits
3. Immunization Records from school

that is all, I hope to get all documents done by end of October.

-Ravi

PCC Clarification required.

Hi RKReddy,

What do you mean by PCC from US? Does that mean, I need to goto the police station of the place we stay in the U.S ???
[OR]
Does it mean the PCC that we obtain by sending the passport to the consulate general's office of INDIA, who then get the PCC cleared from INDIA???????

I really appreciate reply from any one on this matter asap.

thank you.!

AKPM

Originally posted by rkreddy
Hi dharmarau,

This PCC topice was talked a lot of time. U only need PCC from US, if u r living in US. That's all no need of Local Police stn PC.

Thanks
RKReddy

thanks for the info.

dharmarau,

thanks for the info.

-Ravi

Hi P K Ravi,

what exactly your lawyers shd do at this stage, dont we all have everything in our hands by now? Go thru the forum and get ready yourself. Yes you do need copies of petitions and approvals, I am afraid.

Advice> Dont rely on them, they are proved to be a
disappintment in my case.

Track Packet-3

My Cheque has not been cashed by St.Louis yet. Is there a number I can St.Louis to check whether they have got my papers.
Pls let me know if there is someway I can track it other than cashing the cheque.

Thanks,

Venkat.

Re: Track Packet-3

There is no way of contacting St. Louis.
The only to know if the check is cashed is by calling your bank up and find out.

All the best.

-Ravi

Originally posted by Venkat CNV
My Cheque has not been cashed by St.Louis yet. Is there a number I can St.Louis to check whether they have got my papers.
Pls let me know if there is someway I can track it other than cashing the cheque.

Thanks,

Venkat.

Re: Hi

Originally posted by rkreddy
Hi dharmarau,

Thanks
RKReddy

thanks reddyji, we get paronoid with others' horror stories haunting our memories.

Re: PCC Clarification required.

Hi AKPM,

PCC getting from consulate general's office by sending our passports here in US, is the one I am refering to.

RKReddy

Originally posted by AKPM
Hi RKReddy,

What do you mean by PCC from US? Does that mean, I need to goto the police station of the place we stay in the U.S ???
[OR]
Does it mean the PCC that we obtain by sending the passport to the consulate general's office of INDIA, who then get the PCC cleared from INDIA???????

I really appreciate reply from any one on this matter asap.

thank you.!

AKPM