**** Confirmed November Interviews- Chennai *******

Re: CP Dates

Prakash,

At the time of interview, let consular officer know your requirement so that thay can prepare one packet each one of your family, and they can travel at later point of time.

Originally posted by kprakash
well,

I have totally lost track of the dates, but it has been a quite a looooonnnggg time since I started this GC processing.

but, the good news is that my interview in on November 21 at Chennai. Hope to see some of you at the consulate.

I have posted question as a new thread. I will repeat the question here too. at the time of returning back, after a successful interview, does my family have to accompany me, or can they stay back for some more time and travel separately?

Would appreciate your inputs.

Thanks
Prakash

Mode of posting

PLEASE HELP

Can you guys find out and let me know the mode of posting the packets. The consulate person told me that they use "NORMAL POST" for sending the packet. She did not have any other information other than that.

Re: Mode of posting

kd6809,
Iam in similar boat. Even I did't receive P4 from consulate. I think we shoud not go panic now. Normally it takes 2 to 3 days max, to recive post to my indian address from chennai. I was told by consulate on thursday that they posted already. I guess it may take couple of days more. For you to reach Hyderabad also, it may take some more time...

Originally posted by kd6809
PLEASE HELP

Can you guys find out and let me know the mode of posting the packets. The consulate person told me that they use "NORMAL POST" for sending the packet. She did not have any other information other than that.

Can any of you answer following questions??

1. Do we need to take any bank statements apart from monthly statements we receive from bank?(DS 230 part II refers to bank statement with the details of account openinng data and past one year's balance etc..)

2. Question No:7 of DS 230 part II ::
What is cash surrender value?? (I have very little idea of this...)

Tnaks in advance....

everythin will go smooth....

1) ask the consulate your "shipping number " for tracking. My brother told me that it was the SPEED-POST , i believe it's EMS-SPEEDPOST. If thatz the case, you can track your shipping here.

http://www.indiapost.org/_Track/Track.html

2) Welcome to this forum "plk" . Good luck

3) Ravipk, spouses who are in H4-visa fall under the CATEGORY-3 , which means no sailing-permit required. Please check this URL http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/international/article/0,,id=97256,00.html

I received my pkt4 to my india address

I have received my pkt4 to my local address in India (hyd).

Thanks saradao, localmadras,- I am planning on taking the sailing permits for my wife too---- just because it is really easy.

Welcome to new comers to this forum.
We should publicize this forum, it is a really useful site, and it has helped me a lot..... very informative.....

A small note on Immunization Records, If you have gone to school here in the US, the schools keep a record of your immunizations, and they can send you a sealed copy at your request.

-Ravi

Hi Saradao,

Can I please know DS 230 Part 2 questions. Where did you get DS 230 Part 2. I downloaded from travel.state.gov. Columns starts with 28. There is nothing about bank statement or tender value.

Originally posted by saradao

1. Do we need to take any bank statements apart from monthly statements we receive from bank?(DS 230 part II refers to bank statement with the details of account openinng data and past one year's balance etc..)

Tnaks in advance....

1.is it current practice to send the Imm.Packet by mail next day, not handing over to the interviewees same evening at the consulate.Is that what the bluedart about appearing in recent posts?Appreciate reply.
2.Someone posted Chennai doctors addresses and numbers.Do You all call and fix an appointment by phone?
My interview is on Nob.20th.EB2, chennai.
Keep writing to the thread, great job folks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tnaks in advance....

Hi saradao

I think just the regular bank statements for the last 1 year (6 months atleast) is enough. I believe getting an Average balance statement from the Bank is a pain. I am just going to go with the regular statements that you recv from the Banks every month.
Thanks

Getting bank stmts

Hi Saradao, plk,

Getting the average balance statement is not a problem atall..
If you just ask your bank to give you a bank statement, it should have not only your balance but also your 6months average.
I think it is a standard printout. (atleast it was a standard one from my banks).....

-Ravi

Originally posted by plk

Hi saradao

I think just the regular bank statements for the last 1 year (6 months atleast) is enough. I believe getting an Average balance statement from the Bank is a pain. I am just going to go with the regular statements that you recv from the Banks every month.
Thanks

Re: Re: Re: URgent : Packet 4 and local address

Hi kd6809,

I did not ask my people in Hyderabad how the post was delivered. If you want, I am planning to call them tonight and have an answer first thing tommarrow morning.

Thanks
RKReddy

Originally posted by kd6809
RkReddy,

Can you tell me what was the mode of the courier. REgilar Indina Post or Blue Dart. . Is there anywya I can find out.

Does it go back to consulate if the person not at home, or left in the mail box please can anyone confirm this.

I am worried that I missed the packet since people have started receiving those.

Welcome

Hi,

Welcome to all new members joining the forum for confirmed Nov. interview.

>>>>>>>>>>>1.is it current practice to send the Imm.Packet by mail next day, not handing over to the interviewees same evening at the consulate.Is that what the bluedart about appearing in recent posts?Appreciate reply.>>>>>>>>>>
Yes the blue dart delivers our Imm.Packet by mail next after the interview is done.

>>>>>>>>>>>Someone posted Chennai doctors addresses and numbers.Do You all call and fix an appointment by phone?
My interview is on Nob.20th.EB2, chennai.>>>>>>>>>>
Yes u have to call these numbers to have an appointment fixed for ur medicals.

Thanks
RKReddy

Originally posted by dharmarau
1.is it current practice to send the Imm.Packet by mail next day, not handing over to the interviewees same evening at the consulate.Is that what the bluedart about appearing in recent posts?Appreciate reply.
2.Someone posted Chennai doctors addresses and numbers.Do You all call and fix an appointment by phone?
My interview is on Nob.20th.EB2, chennai.
Keep writing to the thread, great job folks!

Hello all,

Very sorry to bother you all with my typo... It is NOT DS 230 rather it is I 134, affidavit of support for my spouse.

Tnaks in advance....

Hello local Madras,

Check your hotmail account. I mailed you some information regarding your tavel tickets.....

Can anybody please tell me what vaccinations/shots are required for the CP medical exam?

I'm planning of taking the vaccines here in US. I know I have to take MMR. Vaccine for chicken pox and Tetanus/diptheria is required ? Is there any other vaccine ?

Any experienced CPer please Help .......

Thanks

I-134 question..

Hello,

Can any one answer this.

1. I-134 question no:10

"That I have submitted Visa pititions to INSon behalf of follwing persons.."

My wife is with me here in US on depended visa.. What is that I need to fill in for the above. Is he refering to visa I applied for dependent visa?? Immediate suggestion is highly appreciated...

Sailing Permit

Hi,

I did get the Sailing Permit from the local IRS office. I just need the confirmation from any of u about the certificate.

The process was simple. Went to IRS local office provided my details and IRS Official filled up a small right side portion(Which has "Annual Certifcate of Compliance" , IRS form 2063 and stamped. It looks similar like I94 form. My details are filled and stamped by the IRS offical.

Is that it or is there anything else?

Thanks
RKReddy

thanks for the warm welcome Reddyji,
I thought I would share an web site with you all.

a deshi posted this site and praised it too- try- i am to try when I get time-

<www.indianrail.gov.in/>

you can see the avaialability of reservations , trains timings etc., as per his writing.

1.doctor question-

any info as to chennai physicians honoring syphylis, HIV, TB testing from county health ctrs, here in USA. They come almost free for your information, if you go to the state run health centers,
available nearly in all towns.

2. travel Q. I am yet to start calling travel agents for a trip via Hyd.bad- appreciate any tips.

Last edited by a moderator: