**** Confirmed November Interviews- Chennai *******

Interview on 26-Nov-2002

Hi,

My interview is on 26-Nov-2002. I know RKReddy has the same date. RKReddy, can you send me an email to giveittomainer@yahoo.com, so that we can keep in touch? Does any body else have 26-Nov-2002 interview date?

Thanks,
Mainer

Re: Interview on 26-Nov-2002

Hi,

I did send u email. Let's be in touch and keep abrest with all the developments. So far it looks that we are the only two people from this forum. Let's see if anybody comes in touch.

Thanks
RKReddy

Originally posted by Mainer
Hi,

My interview is on 26-Nov-2002. I know RKReddy has the same date. RKReddy, can you send me an email to giveittomainer@yahoo.com, so that we can keep in touch? Does any body else have 26-Nov-2002 interview date?

Thanks,
Mainer

hi fellow Chennai CPers,

by all means have private e-mail correspondence with other cpers, but do contribute to this forum as much as you can.
Just a Deshi request! Thanks. goodluck.

Ques about the Visa fees to be paid at Chennai Consulate

I received a scanned copy of P4 (the instrutions and appointment letter) from my folks at Hybd. I need a calrification about the visa fees.

There are two fees ( @current rates)

Visa Application Fees Per applicant : $260
Visa Issunace Fees Per applicant : $75

Total : $335

They have asked $335 in a single draft per applicant.

Now I know that we have (atleast most of us) paid the Visa Application Fees to NVC i.e $260 per applicant part of it. My lawyer has provided me with the copy of the cashier check he sent to NVC for the Visa Application fees .
So we need to pay only the Visa issuance fees of $75. Is there any other fees we need to pay other than what has been mentioned above.

Hi kd6809,

How big is P4? You said they sent you a scanned copy from India. How many pages did you get?

Thanks,
Mainer

Re: Ques about the Visa fees to be paid at Chennai Consulate

Originally posted by kd6809
My lawyer has provided me with the copy of the cashier check he sent to NVC for the Visa Application fees .
So we need to pay only the Visa issuance fees of $75.

Since you paid $260 to the NVC, you will come under the old fees. So you will have to only pay $65 to the consulate as the issuance fee. At least this is the way that Mumbai implements things and AFAIK how chennai did things too..

BTW, good news from Mainer.. keep in touch too...

Re: Re: PCC Clarification required.

Hi RKReddy,

Thank you for the information.

AKPM

Originally posted by rkreddy
Hi AKPM,

PCC getting from consulate general's office by sending our passports here in US, is the one I am refering to.

RKReddy

Packet 4 Details

Except for the Appointment letter there are 5 pages of instructions which I suppose will be common for all of us (most of us atleast). Other than that they post all the required forms to be filled which we have access to on thenet.

PAGE 0 : Appointment letter ( Applicant Specific)

Common Instructions :

PAGE 1 : Instructions Applicable to Family based Immigrantion Petition

PAGE 2: Documets List and Visa Fees details

Page 3 : US Embassy PCC / Local PCC information

PAGE 4 & 5: Detailed Instructions (OF-171)

Tota Package contained (as expected) :
-DS230 I- II
-IRS Form 9003
-Instructions for Medical Exams
-Supplement Information Letter( instruction pages above)

I could not attach the doc file here.

NOTE : PLEASE BE AWARE THAT EVERY CASE IS DIFFERENT , TREAT THIS AS A PEROSNAL OPINION/EXPERIENCE BEING SHARED ON THIS FORUM. THEY ARE BASED ON ASSUMPTIONS WHICH MIGHT NOT BE TRUE.

Originally posted by Mainer
Hi kd6809,

How big is P4? You said they sent you a scanned copy from India. How many pages did you get?

Thanks,
Mainer

I-134 questions

Hi,

Please, could any of you answer the following:

1. Do we need to take separte "Affidavit of Support" for wife and kid or only one for both of them.

Thanks
RKReddy

Re: Re: Track Packet-3

Originally posted by RaviPK
There is no way of contacting St. Louis.
The only to know if the check is cashed is by calling your bank up and find out.

All the best.

-Ravi

Hi Ravi PK..

Do you mean Cashie's Cheque or Personal Checks
Does St.Louis accept personal checks ? I thought they didnt !
Thanks

to dharm...

Hello Dharam,

i use private email to exchange phone-numbers & stuff. And some protocol to identify Saradao & RaviPK when we meet on Nov 19th 2002. Hope it's the same for others too. this forum will be always used for questions/clarifications/suggestions etc...

2) Affidavit of support question

I guess, as per the instruction we need to have SEPERATE AFFIDAVIT FOR EACH PERSON ...

I. Execution of Affidavit.
A separate affidavit must be submitted for each person. You, as the sponsor, must sign the affidavit in your full,
true and correct name and affirm or make it under oath. If you are in the United States, the affidavit may be sworn to or affirmed before an immigration officer without the payment of fee, or before a notary public or other........

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: to dharm...

Hi Localmadras,

Thanks for the info. But I still have one more question:

My kid is born here in US, even for the kid who is born here is it neccassary to have the affidavit. My knowldege is for the kid born in US, it's not neccessary, because the kid is already a US citizen. This question is just to cofirm that my gut feeling that it's not neccsarry for the kids born in this country. Anybody with inputs is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
RKReddy

Re: Re: to dharm...

Hi folks,

We don't need affidavit of support for the kids who are citizens as we are not processing green card for them. This is confirmed by my attorney also....

Hi Localmadras,

Thanks for the info. But I still have one more question:

My kid is born here in US, even for the kid who is born here is it neccassary to have the affidavit. My knowldege is for the kid born in US, it's not neccessary, because the kid is already a US citizen. This question is just to cofirm that my gut feeling that it's not neccsarry for the kids born in this country. Anybody with inputs is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
RKReddy

Re: Re: Re: Track Packet-3

Which ever check you sent to st. Louis.
If you sent a cashier's check, you do get a 1800 number on the check, you can call that number to check if it has been cashed.

-Ravi
Originally posted by plk

Hi Ravi PK..

Do you mean Cashie's Cheque or Personal Checks
Does St.Louis accept personal checks ? I thought they didnt !
Thanks

Interview on 22nd November

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum. My interview is scheduled for 22nd November at Chennai. Does anybody know, if I can travel to some other country before entering US after I get my IV Packets from the embassy? I do have my H1 Stamping in my Passport but my wife does not have H4 stamping in her passport.

Thanks for your inputs,

Re: Re: Re: to dharm...

Originally posted by saradao
Hi folks,

We don't need affidavit of support for the kids who are citizens as we are not processing green card for them. This is confirmed by my attorney also....

But the Kid is dependent on you. In my case the attorney has put my kids name too. I guess it should not matter, but you should be putting the names of whoever is dependent on you.

Re: I-134 questions

Hi,

Please, could any of you answer the following:

1. Do we need to take separte "Affidavit of Support" for wife and kid or only one for both of them.

Thanks
RKReddy

I have one affidavit of support with my wife' and kids name on it. I guess this document is to prove that you can support whoever is dependent on you.

localmadras/saradao

thanks localmadras-

One Question- you did some research and discussed in one of the threads about BC Affidavits; mine - I am posting this 3rd time- is incomplete, ie., without my name and only first names of my parents ( I regret the Municipality issued one this inadequate).do you think the affidavits are on aRs20/-(?) Stamp paper and shd be signed in front of a magistrate, please confirm this, I am not going to try for a fresh BC at this point of time.

appreciate advice.

Re: Interview on 22nd November

Hi Chennai_mms

Welcome to the forum.
My interview is on Nov. 22nd too. Hoping to meet you there in the consulate.
Sorry, I coulndt help you out on your question, but hope someone else might be able to.

-plk

Originally posted by Chennai_mms
Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum. My interview is scheduled for 22nd November at Chennai. Does anybody know, if I can travel to some other country before entering US after I get my IV Packets from the embassy? I do have my H1 Stamping in my Passport but my wife does not have H4 stamping in her passport.

Thanks for your inputs,

Re: localmadras/saradao

dharmarau,

Here is what you need to do for BC.
If you do not have one, you need to apply for non-availability Centrificate, and get affidavits from your parents or relatives, you need to get the affidavits notarized. You do not need them to be signed before a magistrate.

In case the details of the BC from municipality is not complete, You need to take the affidavits, and some other form of DOB verification, such as your 10th certificate, etc.....

I would suggest that you get a non-availability Certificate from municipality..... or a new birth certifcate with all correct details.
It usually takes 1 day to get that.

my 2cents worth of input.

-Ravi

Originally posted by dharmarau

thanks localmadras-

One Question- you did some research and discussed in one of the threads about BC Affidavits; mine - I am posting this 3rd time- is incomplete, ie., without my name and only first names of my parents ( I regret the Municipality issued one this inadequate).do you think the affidavits are on aRs20/-(?) Stamp paper and shd be signed in front of a magistrate, please confirm this, I am not going to try for a fresh BC at this point of time.

appreciate advice.