Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Prez

Prez - Our dates are very close for practically everything...so there may be hope for me now!! Congrats to you!

Seems like you had no LUD after your FP, until all of a sudden you magically saw an approval. Is that true? DId you take any interim steps or just wait it out?

Thanks

Prez - Our dates are very close for practically everything...so there may be hope for me now!! Congrats to you!

Seems like you had no LUD after your FP, until all of a sudden you magically saw an approval. Is that true? DId you take any interim steps or just wait it out?

Thanks

Thanks Dedo! I hope you will get yours soon too! Are you out of the NC blackhole?

As I was saying earlier, I last checked in September and I was stuck in NC. Then I just decided to completely forget about this whole GC business till Feb or March. And then I got the approval e-mail completely out of the blue last Friday!

Hi All,

Called up TSC again today using the POJ technique and the IO told me that everything including NC is clear. I then asked her what next, she said that my case would get assigned to an officer.

I then told her that my visa number is current, then she said u r the primary and ur COB is going to get charged, so I explained CC, she then asked me to hold and returned after 15-20 seconds and asked me my wife's Receipt number and her COB and then after a moment said that she has emailed the supervisor to consider both our cases together as cross-chargebility cases.

I now asked her what about our FPs they after more than 15 months old, she said now-a-days they just update their system with the previous FPs and FP date shows 11-09-07.

Lets see how long after this I need to wait for the next LUD.

-Still

I had the exact same experience. Dont know if they really send anything to the supervisor and if that supervisor does anything!

I think this works. I did the same thing and asked them to forward this to the supervisor. I think it worked for me.

MDGUTS1307,
I too hope it does. At this point:

1.At this point, they have already emailed supervisor(according to IO),
2.I have mailed and fax them a request letter,
3.Congressman's office has sent a request and
4.lawyer has requested AILA liaison.
Is info pass any useful if my NC is already cleared (two IOs told me that it is) - I am considering infopass appointments as its a 2 hr.drive.

Now I will try to forget about all this for a few months and not let the GC rule my life.

Last edited by a moderator:
What does POJ stand for? I don't have any clue, so does most gurus on all these forums.

From what you have written Iam sure u got connected to the national service center. The IOs at National Service Center have no xtra info other than what we see after we login.

Use the sequence of nos that I posted, this is the POJ method and you should get connected to ur SC. Towards the end of the number seq it will ask you "if u filed several cases and are worried that they have been separated press 4" and this is the last step and u will get connected. Ypu should hear "u have connected to the Texas(or Nebreaska, I guess) Service Center...". Another clue, the recorded voice message after a while would say u have a wait time for 20-30 minutes. If u hear "there's no one available to assist you at this time" it might be lunch time, just hang up and call again.

Just google POJ technique and you will get loads of info.

About ur 6 months question: My suggestion, just keep trying the POJ technique and ask for ur NC status. If it is beyond 6 months, as ur case is, and u r told that ur NC has not returned, write to ur congman/woman, Senator, FL. After u get a reply from USCIS about ur enquiry rewrite to congman/woman, Senator, FL with this reply as attachment. Symultaneously get a FOIPA done.

There is no harm in starting the groundwork, at least u wont regret like me not starting these things earlier.

Just keep posting all ur questions/thoughts/experiences.

-Still

Still,

I tried every thing but they say the same thing it is stuck in NC and they cannot do any thing to help. :((

I think this works. I did the same thing and asked them to forward this to the supervisor. I think it worked for me.

MDGUTS1307,

did you see any LUD after this? If yes, do you remember how long it took for the LUD after you called?

No I did not see any LUD right after this. I only saw this once it was approved. It tool about 3 or 4 weeks after the call for the approval to come thru.

MDGUTS1307,
I too hope it does. At this point:

1.At this point, they have already emailed supervisor(according to IO),
2.I have mailed and fax them a request letter,
3.Congressman's office has sent a request and
4.lawyer has requested AILA liaison.
Is info pass any useful if my NC is already cleared (two IOs told me that it is) - I am considering infopass appointments as its a 2 hr.drive.

Now I will try to forget about all this for a few months and not let the GC rule my life.

GC_bulgaria,

I agree with your approach. I had the same approach after I got all the possible things I could do done.
I am sure you will get it soon.
Good Luck !

Still,

I tried every thing but they say the same thing it is stuck in NC and they cannot do any thing to help. :((

plztoday,

If you have been waiting for > 1 year then you can consider filing WOM ( if you live in a places the judges have been approving them).

Thanks
MDGUTS

Thanks Dedo! I hope you will get yours soon too! Are you out of the NC blackhole?

As I was saying earlier, I last checked in September and I was stuck in NC. Then I just decided to completely forget about this whole GC business till Feb or March. And then I got the approval e-mail completely out of the blue last Friday!

I am not sure. I will apply the POJ in the next couple of days and see if that tells me anything
Thanks

I think that you are not going through the POJ method. Can you confirm if the last extension that you dial is "4" which says something like "if you think your cases are separated...................................."?

Hi WellWisher:

So I called again using the POJ method posted by StillPatient, and yet again, I was unable to get a response on whether I've cleared FP and NC or not. The lady said that she cannot tell me this info because she cannot see it. She asked me if I'd like her to put in a Service Request. I said that I had already called a few days ago and an inquiry has been initiated, but I was just calling to find out if I had cleared my NC or not. I asked her if she could check the status of my inquiry, since I have a reference number available. She said that she cannot see that info, all she can do is create a Service Request in the system -- but once created, they cannot go back and access it to check its status. She said it will take 40 days or so for me to hear back from USCIS, if a Service Request has already been submitted (I'm assuming here that initiating an inquiry is same as creating a Service Request). This is odd, because at the time I called and initiated the inquiry, I was told to wait for 60 days. She said USCIS was off due to the Thanksgiving holidays, plus the Christmas holidays are coming up, so things get a little delayed, but you will receive a letter from USCIS. (I know, if anything, her "holiday" excuse would've been more legit if she had suggested that it will take > 60 days, and not 40 days that she mentioned...I fail to understand that logic!).

Anyways .... one thing I noticed was ... when I called using the POJ method, I heard a message saying "there's no one available to assist you at this time. Your call will be transferred to the main USCIS customer service center so a representative could assist you" .... is that the reason perhaps I could not find out any info about my NC?

StillPatient, with the POJ method you suggested, does the call get routed directly to NSC, or to some USCIS main customer service center? I'm thinking maybe if I'm able to get hold of some rep at NSC, I might get luckier.

It's over

Fellow travellers,

My stop has arrived. Got the GCs for both me and my wife in the mail this afternoon.

Thank you for your support and friendship and I pray to God that each one of you get your approvals in the very near future. Good luck and God bless.

I'll log in for the next few days and then again from time to time to see how everyone is doing and to answer any question you may have for me.

Cheers,
-Prez

Fellow travellers,

My stop has arrived. Got the GCs for both me and my wife in the mail this afternoon.

Thank you for your support and friendship and I pray to God that each one of you get your approvals in the very near future. Good luck and God bless.

I'll log in for the next few days and then again from time to time to see how everyone is doing and to answer any question you may have for me.

Cheers,
-Prez

AWESOME!

Congrats Prez! Enjoy the freedom!:)

Fellow travellers,

Cheers,
-Prez