Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Prez Congratulations to you too. Out of the whirlpool finally!
I plan to fly overseas in the next 2 weeks too. What is the average time to receive the cards?

Is it necessary to have the passport stamped prior to leaving the US? Possessing the green cards is not enough? Lemme know.

Hey GC_LIKEE,

I hear it's a week. So hopefully both you and I receive our cards before we fly out. If you get the card before you leave, then there's no stamping issue :) Card is enough. If you just get the approval notice before you leave but not the physical card, then you need the stamp on your passport. Take your approval notice to your local ASC for that.

Hope that helps!

Finally the day for which I had waited all these years has come and my lifelong dream has come true.
After a long wait of 4.5 years my 485 was approved on 30'th November and I received the magic e-mail.

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

I am calling it a Green Friday because I hear that a record number of Green Cards were approved on that day.

The feeling is unreal and the full import of this is yet to sink in completely. I feel infinitely relieved now.
My whole world seems to have changed forever and an endless array of possibilities seem possible now..

The bad news is that my wife's application is still pending even though her Name Check has been cleared as per Infopass.
I'm hoping that she gets approved shortly so that we can close this Green Card saga on a happy note.

* Heartfelt thanks to Mr Rajiv Khanna for running this portal. This portal has been my lifesaver and constant daily companion since 2005.
Ever since I stumbled upon it in 2005, this portal has been a temple where I have come to continue dreaming and keep my hopes alive ( even though the odds of failure were very high ).

* I would like to thank radd ( God bless his soul ) for starting the CC forum. I would "absolutely not be here" today without this.

* I would like to thank all forum members who shared their experience and provided their inputs and suggestions.
Some names that stand out in my mind for being the beacon lights of hope and guidance include gp111, ks_cc, real_canadian etc..

* I was stuck in Name Check for almost the last two years. ( It took me 4.5 years to get GC even with CC ).
I was at a point where I had lost my complete faith in the system and was fast slipping into a "I give up" mindset.
I had the ignomious distinction of being the oldest member (PD wise) on the CC forum.

* It was a tough and harrowing journey with a lots of ups and downs. I am infinitely thankful to God for providing his blessings throughout this process.

* Wishing all the best to people still stuck in the GC process. I have no suggestions because I know each person's situation is different.

* Oh yeah!!! I'll be around. This forum addiction would last me for a long time to come.

Congratulations :) Yep, I'm one of those record Friday approvals too!

Congratulations.

congratulations. What a wonderful gift for the new year 2008.
Guys I received emails indicating our 485s were approved.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On December 3, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Congratulations!!! Finally the wait is over for you. Enjoy!!!!!
Finally the day for which I had waited all these years has come and my lifelong dream has come true.
After a long wait of 4.5 years my 485 was approved on 30'th November and I received the magic e-mail.

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

For opening up a SR, use the same sequence of numbers as the POJ method - however use the final extension a "3" instead of "4".

My understanding is that you could request a SR irrespective of your background check, if your case is 1 month beyond the processing date.

Call up again.. Good Luck!

Congrats Prez on ur approval. Its been a long road.
I saw at least 2 other approvals for CC elsewhere. So there is hope.
Additionally, there were a slew of approvals on Nov 30 (wonder if it has anything to do with the end of the year and USICS needs to improve its numbers)
Latest from my side: I had called NSC. Spoke to an IO. found that my case is still in background check. I asked the IO to open a Service request and she refused citing that she cannot open an SR until the background check is cleared. Any ideas as to how to open a SR?

Nope. you would not be able to get that information for her at the Infopass if she is not present.

I recommend that she calls personally using the POJ method to get the information about the background check clearance.

I have an InfoPass appointment for next Monday; however, unfortunately my wife would not be able to accompany me since we had our first baby last Monday. I was wondering if I will be able to talk to the officer about her case status as well. I'm interested in knowing if she's cleared her NC and FP as well, and was wondering if I carry her receipt notices along, if they would also provide me some info on her case status. Has anyone tried that before? Do they usually provide any insight on the spouse's case as well, or is it considered confidential information for release?:confused:

What happens if we get approval notice when we are not in the country. Can we come in using the 'Advance Parole' document?

I could possibly have another situation. My wife is already out of the country. If I receive the approval notice for both me and my wife in the next few weeks, what should I be doing? I am planning to go out of the country in the last week of December. Should I be taking her approval notice along? OR should she still be coming back on her Advance Parole, since she did not have the approval notice at the time of leaving the country?

Hey GC_LIKEE,

I hear it's a week. So hopefully both you and I receive our cards before we fly out. If you get the card before you leave, then there's no stamping issue :) Card is enough. If you just get the approval notice before you leave but not the physical card, then you need the stamp on your passport. Take your approval notice to your local ASC for that.

Hope that helps!

Nope. you would not be able to get that information for her at the Infopass if she is not present.

I recommend that she calls personally using the POJ method to get the information about the background check clearance.
Thanks WellWisher. We both talked to the rep when we called using POJ method, and they didn't tell us anything about NC clearance. All they said was that they have opened an inquiry and if we don't hear back from NSC within 60 days, we should call them again.

When I specifically asked about FP and NC clearance, she said that I will need to get an InfoPass appointment to find out that info since she does not see it. Is that true?

Also, someone suggested asking for a Service Request. Considering that we already called once using POJ method and initiated inquiries for both our cases, can we call again to ask for Service Requests, or do we need to wait for those prescribed 60 days before calling them again.

What happens if we get approval notice when we are not in the country. Can we come in using the 'Advance Parole' document?

I could possibly have another situation. My wife is already out of the country. If I receive the approval notice for both me and my wife in the next few weeks, what should I be doing? I am planning to go out of the country in the last week of December. Should I be taking her approval notice along? OR should she still be coming back on her Advance Parole, since she did not have the approval notice at the time of leaving the country?
WellWisher,

I believe you cannot get an Approval Notice while you're out of the country. If you read the fine print on your AP document, it states that your case is temporarily suspended, when you travel on AP, until you return. I believe when they process your I-94 that you turn in when leaving the country, they see that you're traveling on AP and temporarily suspend your I-485 processing. I asked the exact same question to my lawyer earlier this year when I traveled out of country on AP, and at least this is what she told me. Maybe someone else could confirm or contradict that.

PLEASE HELP - Fax letter to TSC

I spoke to an IO again today to see if they have started treating this as CC - they havent after they told me twice before that they will 'flag' it and send a email to supervisor.
She was rude but she did ask me to send a fax to the TSC congressional center(?) number 214-962-1454.

Can anyone help
A) With a letter template requesting CC
B) Verify that this number is right

My PD is current now and I want them to atleast consider it as CC.:(

Huizet, thanks for the wishes!

WW, good question. I am under the impression that since it arrived while you were out, it's obviously not your responsibility to use it to return. Just use AP in that situation. So basically, the only sticky situation seems to be if you get an approval notice before you leave and don't have time to get a stamp. Other cases, they will understand (including your wife's - she was out so didn't have her passport even though you received her notice). And even in the one case outlined above, it's not a deal breaker I've been told! It may mean an extra 30 minutes in a room until they go through all the records, but they aren't going to kick you out or anything for something so trivial :)

P.S> It's 30 day past your RD and your NC is clear. What did the IOs say when you call them? I believe your case should already be assigned for approval by now?

Personal update

Hi All,

Glad to report that TSC IO reported my NC came back on the 11/6/07.
I used the age old POJ technique.

-Still

I did use the POJ method and figured out that my name check was cleared. In fact I called them twice and both times, I was able to get that information.
Not sure if they are supposed to give that information or not - but they do have access to the name check info. Are you sure you are using the POJ method?

To my understanding an inquiry is equivalent to a Service request. If you do not have a confirmation number for the inquiry that they have initiated, you should call them and ask for the same.

Thanks WellWisher. We both talked to the rep when we called using POJ method, and they didn't tell us anything about NC clearance. All they said was that they have opened an inquiry and if we don't hear back from NSC within 60 days, we should call them again.

When I specifically asked about FP and NC clearance, she said that I will need to get an InfoPass appointment to find out that info since she does not see it. Is that true?

Also, someone suggested asking for a Service Request. Considering that we already called once using POJ method and initiated inquiries for both our cases, can we call again to ask for Service Requests, or do we need to wait for those prescribed 60 days before calling them again.

I did use the POJ method and figured out that my name check was cleared. In fact I called them twice and both times, I was able to get that information.
Not sure if they are supposed to give that information or not - but they do have access to the name check info. Are you sure you are using the POJ method?

To my understanding an inquiry is equivalent to a Service request. If you do not have a confirmation number for the inquiry that they have initiated, you should call them and ask for the same.
Hi WellWisher:

We did get confirmation numbers for both of our inquiries. I believe I used the POJ method ... I called the 1-800 # and then selected a series of options (numbers) that I found on one of the older posts on this forum. I hope I did it correct.

Could you please do me a big favor and post the POJ method again? I was thinking of calling them again to check on NC clearance even though I have the inquiry confirmation numbers and been asked to wait for 60 days. I hope I don't get yelled at!

Thanks so much for your help.

Hey GC_LIKEE,

Hope that helps!

Thanks bud.

Ur FP date please.

-Still

Still I do not have that information but I will look and let you know. When I started the 485 process I was completely ignorant about FP and LUDs etc. Then I bumped into this forum and what a source of encouragement and support it has turned out to be.