Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Hi gc_bulgaria,

You know, my CC application was received the first time by NSC without any problems. After that, my own PD (Oct 2003 EB2) became current so I'm not sure if they used CC at all or just used my PD to approve this. I did not call NSC and talk to them except early on in July or so to be told I was stuck in NC. After that, I was waiting to clear NC before doing anything else. And then, bam! I got the e-mail today.

So sorry, I am not very knowledgable about how to educate the staff at USCIS. It's such a pain when they don't know their own rules and we have to teach them!

Hope there are others here who might be more helpful about your question.

Edited to add : Ooh, I just checked, and it must have been approved using CC since PD EB2 for India has gone back to Jan 02! I had no frigging idea! Now you know I wasn't lying when I said "I've put this whole thing on the backburner" :)
But I guess to answer your question - no I did not do anything special to remind NSC about CC. I just got a lucky IO to look at my case I guess!

Its all a mystery. On my part, I will be as annoying as I can and call them often, even if just to say hello :p

Good luck and have a martini on me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cards received

Just an update.
I got the cards today in the mail.

EB2 NIW (India) Applied CC
485 : RD Aug 2005
AD Nov 2007
Cards Recieved Nov 30, 2007.

Hi guys,

Sorry I'd been away from the boards for a while. I'd decided to put this whole GC thing on the backburner, and to just screw it and wait till March (1 yr since filing 485) before taking further action. Last I had checked in September, I was stuck in N.C.

Well two hours ago I got this e-mail :

Receipt Number: LINxxxxxxxxx
Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On November 30, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Got the e-mail for both LIN#s - for both me and my wife. Wow! Completely out of the blue!
I didn't even think I'd be done with my Name Check yet after receiving the stuck in NC notice in September.

Well, Good luck to all the old timers and newbiews. May each one of you get your GCs soon. Well, good to hear you got your NC cleared. Your GC literally is around the corner :) Congrats Vikram, Mansarovar and the rest with good news. StillPatient, man, you are next in line I hope.

I know I shouldn't think about the next step yet and just relax - but already I have a small worry - we are going out of town from Dec 15th to Jan 5th. They say it takes up to 30 days. What if the GC arrives while we are out of town? Our mail is scheduled to be held by the post office. Will they hold it for us there or does it go back to USCIS and then I have to begin some crazy procedure again? Anyway, I'm not thinking about that right now! Still pinching myself!

Congratulations Prez, enjoy your freedom.

Good to see old timers geeting approved.

-Still

Just an update.
I got the cards today in the mail.

EB2 NIW (India) Applied CC
485 : RD Aug 2005
AD Nov 2007
Cards Recieved Nov 30, 2007.

Congrats once again.

One question: you said that your PD is also Aug. 2005.
Pardon me if Iam incorrect but the PD and 485 RD cannot be the same.
Can you please clarify.

Thanks and regards,
Still

Stillpatient,

I filed my I-140/485 concurrently. My 140 approval stated the PD as Aug 2005. I will have to check again on RD.

Thanks

Approved

Guys I received emails indicating our 485s were approved.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On December 3, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

On December 3, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Congrats GC_LIKEE! Let's hope the flood of approvals continue for everyone!

BTW folks, what is the difference between "Card Production Ordered" status message and "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident" message. Is one better i.e. at a further along stage of processing than other?

Also I went to Infopass today , and while my online status says "Card Production Ordered" and when I call the 1-800-375-5283 number my status messages says cards have been approved, Infopass system still says pending. My status changed only on Friday evening and I went Monday 8 a.m. , so maybe their system isn't updated yet? But is this a cause for concern?

The reason I can't wait to take 2 weeks to let things settle down is that we are travelling out of the country very soon! I hear you have to get a GC stamp on your passport and H1/AP won't be valid for reentry if your GC has been approved. The Infopass people refused to stamp till either a) their system said I was approved or b) I brought in the approval notice, which I haven't received physically yet. I took my USCIS "Card Production Orderdd" message printout, but they wouldn't use that! ^$*$&%#@!

I am not sure if this is a right thread but would like some help if anyone is in the same boat or experienced this earlier..

I would like to know if there is a way to make sure my application is cross-charged ? Also which address in texas should I send the letter to make it cross-chargeable?

Any help is appreciated.

Congrats to both GC_LIKEE and Prezcalvin on their approvals !

Sri27,

I would recommend the following to get CC applied :

1. Get your lawyer to write and fax them about applying CC
2. I used the I-485 application mailing address : I am not sure it was the right one.
3. Contact your local congressman or senator and ask their assistance in requesting the USCIS to apply CC.
4. Call the USCIS using the POJ technique, talk to an IO and ask them bring it to the supervisor attention regarding CC.

Good Luck !

Thanks dude! Like you said, our cases mirrored each other so I think your approval should be before the end of the year! Start off 2008 with a bang :)

Nope mail box isn't locked. Also since we are gone for 20 days, the junk mail will fill up the box in 5 days and then they will just leave all the mail on the doorstep. That seems way too risky. At least the post office will take care of the mail (I hope).
Congrats Prez on ur approval. Its been a long road.
I saw at least 2 other approvals for CC elsewhere. So there is hope.
Additionally, there were a slew of approvals on Nov 30 (wonder if it has anything to do with the end of the year and USICS needs to improve its numbers)
Latest from my side: I had called NSC. Spoke to an IO. found that my case is still in background check. I asked the IO to open a Service request and she refused citing that she cannot open an SR until the background check is cleared. Any ideas as to how to open a SR?

I have an InfoPass appointment for next Monday; however, unfortunately my wife would not be able to accompany me since we had our first baby last Monday. I was wondering if I will be able to talk to the officer about her case status as well. I'm interested in knowing if she's cleared her NC and FP as well, and was wondering if I carry her receipt notices along, if they would also provide me some info on her case status. Has anyone tried that before? Do they usually provide any insight on the spouse's case as well, or is it considered confidential information for release?:confused:

Congrats GC_LIKEE! Let's hope the flood of approvals continue for everyone!

BTW folks, what is the difference between "Card Production Ordered" status message and "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident" message. Is one better i.e. at a further along stage of processing than other?

Also I went to Infopass today , and while my online status says "Card Production Ordered" and when I call the 1-800-375-5283 number my status messages says cards have been approved, Infopass system still says pending. My status changed only on Friday evening and I went Monday 8 a.m. , so maybe their system isn't updated yet? But is this a cause for concern?

The reason I can't wait to take 2 weeks to let things settle down is that we are travelling out of the country very soon! I hear you have to get a GC stamp on your passport and H1/AP won't be valid for reentry if your GC has been approved. The Infopass people refused to stamp till either a) their system said I was approved or b) I brought in the approval notice, which I haven't received physically yet. I took my USCIS "Card Production Orderdd" message printout, but they wouldn't use that! ^$*$&%#@!

Prez Congratulations to you too. Out of the whirlpool finally!
I plan to fly overseas in the next 2 weeks too. What is the average time to receive the cards?

Is it necessary to have the passport stamped prior to leaving the US? Possessing the green cards is not enough? Lemme know.

It was a "Green Friday" for me.....I-485 approved!!!

Finally the day for which I had waited all these years has come and my lifelong dream has come true.
After a long wait of 4.5 years my 485 was approved on 30'th November and I received the magic e-mail.

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

I am calling it a Green Friday because I hear that a record number of Green Cards were approved on that day.

The feeling is unreal and the full import of this is yet to sink in completely. I feel infinitely relieved now.
My whole world seems to have changed forever and an endless array of possibilities seem possible now..

The bad news is that my wife's application is still pending even though her Name Check has been cleared as per Infopass.
I'm hoping that she gets approved shortly so that we can close this Green Card saga on a happy note.

* Heartfelt thanks to Mr Rajiv Khanna for running this portal. This portal has been my lifesaver and constant daily companion since 2005.
Ever since I stumbled upon it in 2005, this portal has been a temple where I have come to continue dreaming and keep my hopes alive ( even though the odds of failure were very high ).

* I would like to thank radd ( God bless his soul ) for starting the CC forum. I would "absolutely not be here" today without this.

* I would like to thank all forum members who shared their experience and provided their inputs and suggestions.
Some names that stand out in my mind for being the beacon lights of hope and guidance include gp111, ks_cc, real_canadian etc..

* I was stuck in Name Check for almost the last two years. ( It took me 4.5 years to get GC even with CC ).
I was at a point where I had lost my complete faith in the system and was fast slipping into a "I give up" mindset.
I had the ignomious distinction of being the oldest member (PD wise) on the CC forum.

* It was a tough and harrowing journey with a lots of ups and downs. I am infinitely thankful to God for providing his blessings throughout this process.

* Wishing all the best to people still stuck in the GC process. I have no suggestions because I know each person's situation is different.

* Oh yeah!!! I'll be around. This forum addiction would last me for a long time to come.

Finally the day for which I had waited all these years has come and my lifelong dream has come true.
After a long wait of 4.5 years my 485 was approved on 30'th November and I received the magic e-mail.

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

I am calling it a Green Friday because I hear that a record number of Green Cards were approved on that day.

The feeling is unreal and the full import of this is yet to sink in completely. I feel infinitely relieved now.
My whole world seems to have changed forever and an endless array of possibilities seem possible now..

The bad news is that my wife's application is still pending even though her Name Check has been cleared as per Infopass.
I'm hoping that she gets approved shortly so that we can close this Green Card saga on a happy note.

* Heartfelt thanks to Mr Rajiv Khanna for running this portal. This portal has been my lifesaver and constant daily companion since 2005.
Ever since I stumbled upon it in 2005, this portal has been a temple where I have come to continue dreaming and keep my hopes alive ( even though the odds of failure were very high ).

* I would like to thank radd ( God bless his soul ) for starting the CC forum. I would "absolutely not be here" today without this.

* I would like to thank all forum members who shared their experience and provided their inputs and suggestions.
Some names that stand out in my mind for being the beacon lights of hope and guidance include gp111, ks_cc, real_canadian etc..

* I was stuck in Name Check for almost the last two years. ( It took me 4.5 years to get GC even with CC ).
I was at a point where I had lost my complete faith in the system and was fast slipping into a "I give up" mindset.
I had the ignomious distinction of being the oldest member (PD wise) on the CC forum.

* It was a tough and harrowing journey with a lots of ups and downs. I am infinitely thankful to God for providing his blessings throughout this process.

* Wishing all the best to people still stuck in the GC process. I have no suggestions because I know each person's situation is different.

* Oh yeah!!! I'll be around. This forum addiction would last me for a long time to come.

Congrats enjoy ur freedom.

Approval like this restricts me from slipping into that 'I give up' mindset.

-Still

Congrats! enjoy ur freedom.

-Still

Ur FP date please.

-Still