Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

I want to thank all the members here for their help and support.
Their answers to my questions were very helpful. Thanks a lot Naveneet and others !!!
My online status today stated that my 485 was approved.
I filed using CC in TSC. Was stuck in NC for two years.

EB2 NIW
485 filed Aug 2005
Name Check cleared ? Sept 2007
Online LUD : welcome notice mailed Nov 26, 2007.

Congratulations MDGUTS1307.

Enjoy your freedom.

Just one question what was your PD?

-Still

Bit of news

Some news from my end - My name-check has cleared; Called NSC twice using POJ method and on both occasion, got the news that my name check is cleared. My spouse was already cleared 3 months back - So, I am hoping that my GC approval should be around the corner (just a block or 2 away, I guess) :)

Hi,
thanks for adding me. However I am TSC and applied under CC

Some news from my end - My name-check has cleared; Called NSC twice using POJ method and on both occasion, got the news that my name check is cleared. My spouse was already cleared 3 months back - So, I am hoping that my GC approval should be around the corner (just a block or 2 away, I guess) :)

Congrats Well for clearing the blackhole of NC:)

Thanks Bud! Somehow, I get a feeling that FBI is under pressure by USCIS and political entities to clear the name-check backlog. Good for us!:) I am sure everybody currently in the black-hole will get cleared sooner than expected. Good luck on your case!

Congrats Well for clearing the blackhole of NC:)

Last edited by a moderator:
WellWisher007,

Congrats on clearing the NC. Make sure you call them or put other type of pressure for them to act on your case.

Stillpatient,

My PD was Aug 2005. I was stuck in NC for > 2 years.

hey Mansarovar, I guess I got a rep that was in an especially good mood; since she told me that she had put our cases on the queue. But she also gave the standard reponse of 'call back in 60 days if you dont hear anything'. She has told you that the case is waiting to be assigned to an officer - I think this does mean the same thing as being in the work distribution queue. I think you will see an approval very soon.

vik

Hey Mansarovar and Vikram77,

Our I-485 receipt date is 2/14/07 and NSC is currently processing applications received 4/14/2007, so I called NSC last week. I pretty much got the same response. While we were not told that our cases are waiting to be assigned to an officer, she initiated inquiries on our cases (since > 30 days) and asked us to call back in 60 days if we don't see any LUD changes or hear back from USCIS till then.

I wonder if I should interpret this as our cases also waiting to get assigned to an officer, or if I am/we are still stuck in fingerprint and/or name checks !:confused:

Thanks Bud! Somehow, I get a feeling that FBI is under pressure by USCIS and political entities to clear the name-check backlog. Good for us!:) I am sure everybody currently in the black-hole will get cleared sooner than expected. Good luck on your case!

This came out today and I pray that its true

http://www.ilw.com/immigdaily/#comment

No updates on my end. My EAD Renewal came through last week.
EAD Renewal Self - 11/4/07; Spouse - 10/30/07
No updates on Name check etc. Had requested a FOIPA that came back as negative :)

Hey Mansarovar and Vikram77,

Our I-485 receipt date is 2/14/07 and NSC is currently processing applications received 4/14/2007, so I called NSC last week. I pretty much got the same response. While we were not told that our cases are waiting to be assigned to an officer, she initiated inquiries on our cases (since > 30 days) and asked us to call back in 60 days if we don't see any LUD changes or hear back from USCIS till then.

I wonder if I should interpret this as our cases also waiting to get assigned to an officer, or if I am/we are still stuck in fingerprint and/or name checks !:confused:

How did you call? Did you use POJ or just called regular customer service?
My experience with POJ has been mixed. I took an infopass to find out if my NC is cleared or not. I think that is a definite way to know NC status.

Gc

Hi guys,

Sorry I'd been away from the boards for a while. I'd decided to put this whole GC thing on the backburner, and to just screw it and wait till March (1 yr since filing 485) before taking further action. Last I had checked in September, I was stuck in N.C.

Well two hours ago I got this e-mail :

Receipt Number: LINxxxxxxxxx
Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On November 30, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Got the e-mail for both LIN#s - for both me and my wife. Wow! Completely out of the blue!
I didn't even think I'd be done with my Name Check yet after receiving the stuck in NC notice in September.

Well, Good luck to all the old timers and newbiews. May each one of you get your GCs soon. Well, good to hear you got your NC cleared. Your GC literally is around the corner :) Congrats Vikram, Mansarovar and the rest with good news. StillPatient, man, you are next in line I hope.

I know I shouldn't think about the next step yet and just relax - but already I have a small worry - we are going out of town from Dec 15th to Jan 5th. They say it takes up to 30 days. What if the GC arrives while we are out of town? Our mail is scheduled to be held by the post office. Will they hold it for us there or does it go back to USCIS and then I have to begin some crazy procedure again? Anyway, I'm not thinking about that right now! Still pinching myself!

Hi guys,

I want to send a FOIPA request, and found something called a FOIA form on FBI's website. Is it the one that I need to send to the FBI to enquire about my name check situation? My husband's name check is already cleared, and mine (primary applicant) is pending. Does the form have to be notarized? Where should I mail it to?

Thanks for all the help,

Rania

Hi guys,

Sorry I'd been away from the boards for a while. I'd decided to put this whole GC thing on the backburner, and to just screw it and wait till March (1 yr since filing 485) before taking further action. Last I had checked in September, I was stuck in N.C.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On November 30, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Got the e-mail for both LIN#s - for both me and my wife. Wow! Completely out of the blue!
I didn't even think I'd be done with my Name Check yet after receiving the stuck in NC notice in September.

Well, Good luck to all the old timers and newbiews. May each one of you get your GCs soon. Well, good to hear you got your NC cleared. Your GC literally is around the corner :) Congrats Vikram, Mansarovar and the rest with good news. StillPatient, man, you are next in line I hope.

I know I shouldn't think about the next step yet and just relax - but already I have a small worry - we are going out of town from Dec 15th to Jan 5th. They say it takes up to 30 days. What if the GC arrives while we are out of town? Our mail is scheduled to be held by the post office. Will they hold it for us there or does it go back to USCIS and then I have to begin some crazy procedure again? Anyway, I'm not thinking about that right now! Still pinching myself!
Hi Prez
Congratulations dude...Surprises are always good I guess:)
Its good to see old timers like you, KS, Vik n all getting through ultimately.

Also, if your case is more than a month beyond the processing date, you can request to initiate a Service Request for your case. The Service center enquires on your case and then gets back to you within a period of 45 to 90 days. Good Luck!

How did you call? Did you use POJ or just called regular customer service?
My experience with POJ has been mixed. I took an infopass to find out if my NC is cleared or not. I think that is a definite way to know NC status.

Prez,

Congratulations!

You were right. You had indicated right at the start that we should keep a track of each other's cases. I got information from the Service center yesterday that my name check is cleared. So, hopefully, I should be cleared in a few days, as well:).

Also, I am travelling out of the country in the last week of Decemeber and returning the second week of January. I am not sure why you want the post to be held at the post office? What is the issue if the GC stays in your mail-box? Isn't your box locked?

Congrats again and best wishes!

Hi guys,

Prez,

Congratulations!

You were right. You had indicated right at the start that we should keep a track of each other's cases. I got information from the Service center yesterday that my name check is cleared. So, hopefully, I should be cleared in a few days, as well:).

Also, I am travelling out of the country in the last week of Decemeber and returning the second week of January. I am not sure why you want the post to be held at the post office? What is the issue if the GC stays in your mail-box? Isn't your box locked?

Congrats again and best wishes!

Thanks dude! Like you said, our cases mirrored each other so I think your approval should be before the end of the year! Start off 2008 with a bang :)

Nope mail box isn't locked. Also since we are gone for 20 days, the junk mail will fill up the box in 5 days and then they will just leave all the mail on the doorstep. That seems way too risky. At least the post office will take care of the mail (I hope).

Thanks dude! Like you said, our cases mirrored each other so I think your approval should be before the end of the year! Start off 2008 with a bang :)

Nope mail box isn't locked. Also since we are gone for 20 days, the junk mail will fill up the box in 5 days and then they will just leave all the mail on the doorstep. That seems way too risky. At least the post office will take care of the mail (I hope).

Prezcalvin,

Congratulations! Its great to see people getting approved and especially under CC that is still a fuzzy area. Seems like Nebraska knows about the provision but Texas doesn't. The IO I talked to at Texas had no idea about CC till she talked to her supervisor. I have taken an info pass to 'remind' them of the provision. Can you please give some helpful pointers so I get approved while the PD is still current? Thanks and congrats again.

gc_bulgaria

Prezcalvin,

Congratulations! Its great to see people getting approved and especially under CC that is still a fuzzy area. Seems like Nebraska knows about the provision but Texas doesn't. The IO I talked to at Texas had no idea about CC till she talked to her supervisor. I have taken an info pass to 'remind' them of the provision. Can you please give some helpful pointers so I get approved while the PD is still current? Thanks and congrats again.

gc_bulgaria

Hi gc_bulgaria,

You know, my CC application was received the first time by NSC without any problems. After that, my own PD (Oct 2003 EB2) became current so I'm not sure if they used CC at all or just used my PD to approve this. I did not call NSC and talk to them except early on in July or so to be told I was stuck in NC. After that, I was waiting to clear NC before doing anything else. And then, bam! I got the e-mail today.

So sorry, I am not very knowledgable about how to educate the staff at USCIS. It's such a pain when they don't know their own rules and we have to teach them!

Hope there are others here who might be more helpful about your question.

Edited to add : Ooh, I just checked, and it must have been approved using CC since PD EB2 for India has gone back to Jan 02! I had no frigging idea! Now you know I wasn't lying when I said "I've put this whole thing on the backburner" :)
But I guess to answer your question - no I did not do anything special to remind NSC about CC. I just got a lucky IO to look at my case I guess!

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, Just got done chatting with KS. He says he has not abandoned folks here, just been superbusy and travelling a lot to come on by :). He is in fact boarding a flight now and said to pass on his wishes to everyone here and that he knows several people have sent him queries and he will respond to them as soon as he can!

-Prez