Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

I think that you are not going through the POJ method. Can you confirm if the last extension that you dial is "4" which says something like "if you think your cases are separated...................................."?
Hi WellWisher,

So, finally I was able to get hold of a rep at NSC instead of my call getting routed to the USCIS main service center. After listening to much sarcasm about how I need to be highly specific on what exactly I'm calling for, I was told that USCIS is still awaiting results of my FBI NC.

I also told the IO that I was the primary applicant from a retrogressed country (India), but my wife falls under ROW category (Lithuania) and as such I wanted to make sure that my case gets considered for cross chargeability. Then I went on to ask him what happens in case visa numbers are available for EB2 ROW category and my NC is cleared, but USCIS is still awaiting my wife's FBI NC. In that case, do they proceed further with my I-485 processing, or does it get stuck till my wife clears her FBI NC as well. I was interrupted and told that all this discussion pertaining to cross chargeability was useless, till I got FBI NC, since I am the primary (which makes sense, but I was just trying to gather more info!). The IO was quick to get rid of me on the phone shortly thereafter.

So ... FBI NC it is .... by the way, I also called FBI to check if my FP were cleared, though I know that those usually get processed in 24 hours, and I was told that my FP info was forwarded to USCIS on 3/27/07, which explains my 3/28/07 LUD.

Card Received for Self

My long and tiresome Green Card journey too has finally come to an end. I received my Green Card in mail today. Thankfully all the information was printed correctly on the card. In prezcalvin's parlance I can finally get off the bus and rest my tired body and soul.

My wife's case is still pending. We had called TSC on Thursday and were informed that all the checks have been completed and her file is with an officer. We are hoping and waiting now with fingers crossed.

Prezcalvin, I noticed that we shared some interesting similarities. Both of us had filed our labors from CA in EB2, had PDs in 2003, used CC, had the same approval date (11/30) and the same Card Received Date ( 12/07). Ain't that something?

Good luck to all the people still waiting for their dreams to come true. Don't give up on your dreams despite the odds. It will come suddenly when you least expect it.

My long and tiresome Green Card journey too has finally come to an end. I received my Green Card in mail today. Thankfully all the information was printed correctly on the card. In prezcalvin's parlance I can finally get off the bus and rest my tired body and soul.

My wife's case is still pending. We had called TSC on Thursday and were informed that all the checks have been completed and her file is with an officer. We are hoping and waiting now with fingers crossed.

Prezcalvin, I noticed that we shared some interesting similarities. Both of us had filed our labors from CA in EB2, had PDs in 2003, used CC, had the same approval date (11/30) and the same Card Received Date ( 12/07). Ain't that something?

Good luck to all the people still waiting for their dreams to come true. Don't give up on your dreams despite the odds. It will come suddenly when you least expect it.

Endeavour,

Hey yeah lots of coincidences, and the best one of them all, the timing of the happy endings :)

Good luck with your post GC life. I'm going to go work at McDonalds tomorrow just because I can!! (Just kidding :) )

GC Saga Finally Over - Spouse GC approved

Finally almost 10 days after my GC was approved my wife's GC was approved as well. :)

Lots of sighs of relief on our part on the final completion of this marathon. For 10 days we were plauged by our doubts and demons "why, what, if, when, RFE" etc but as they say the demons have been finally vanquished.

My wishes again for the people waiting. It sounds like a cliche but the advice "Hang in there" seems the best cure to the GC wait. Surprisingly enough it does finally work in the end.

Cards received

My spouse's and my Green cards arrived today. Our wedding anniversary.

The long agonizing wait is over.

Hearty congratulations to the many folks herein who have been receiving their GC's off late.

Our wait has only just begun, but this wait seems trivial compared to the new EB2 dates that India has retrogressed to in the January 2008 bulletin.

Thank you

Thank you again everybody for your kind wishes. I continue to check this forum everyday.
I will post to this forum if I think I can contribute any valuable inputs or advice.
Do not give up hope.

Good luck with life and the road ahead GC , prez and others who got their cards..

I am still one of the 'CC' old timers waiting for my number to be called...

I am applying for my 3rd EAD/AP this week..

Good luck with life and the road ahead GC , prez and others who got their cards..

I am still one of the 'CC' old timers waiting for my number to be called...

I am applying for my 3rd EAD/AP this week..

Thanks overboard and you have my sympathies :( I hope you are out of this mess soon.

Update

Hi All,

Called up TSC yesterday using the POJ technique and updated the address on my and my wife's 485. The IO said that my case is "pending" after confirming again that my NC is clear and not yet assigned to an officer.

Saw an LUD today on both our cases as a result of the addr. update.

Interestingly there was no LUD last year when I did an address change.

I had also started an enquiry last week, may be that triggered the LUD, but way back in April'07 the enquiry resulted in an LUD only on mine and not on my wife's 485. Then again the standards might have changed.

Spoke to Ks_CC a few days back, said hi to everybody.

-Still

Last edited by a moderator:
umass

Hi WellWisher,

So, finally I was able to get hold of a rep at NSC instead of my call getting routed to the USCIS main service center. After listening to much sarcasm about how I need to be highly specific on what exactly I'm calling for, I was told that USCIS is still awaiting results of my FBI NC.

I also told the IO that I was the primary applicant from a retrogressed country (India), but my wife falls under ROW category (Lithuania) and as such I wanted to make sure that my case gets considered for cross chargeability. Then I went on to ask him what happens in case visa numbers are available for EB2 ROW category and my NC is cleared, but USCIS is still awaiting my wife's FBI NC. In that case, do they proceed further with my I-485 processing, or does it get stuck till my wife clears her FBI NC as well. I was interrupted and told that all this discussion pertaining to cross chargeability was useless, till I got FBI NC, since I am the primary (which makes sense, but I was just trying to gather more info!). The IO was quick to get rid of me on the phone shortly thereafter.

So ... FBI NC it is .... by the way, I also called FBI to check if my FP were cleared, though I know that those usually get processed in 24 hours, and I was told that my FP info was forwarded to USCIS on 3/27/07, which explains my 3/28/07 LUD.

I was greeted with similar kindness after holding for 30 min when i used POJ to get through to the TSC. Lady asked why I was calling and I said because my case was outside the processing window. She said "no, its not. If the name check is not cleared then it is not out of the processing window". So I asked if my case was awaiting NC and she said she doesnt know and wont check, but if i havent been approved, then its in name check which can take up to a year.

So much for my effort...its back to waiting for me

There does not seem to be a consistent process being followed at the Service Center. Some agents do provide the information with regards to the name check clearance and some do not. It depends on the representative responding to your call and his/her attitude towards customer service.

I would suggest you to keep trying. Also, you are eligible to create a service request if your I485 RD is more than 1 month older than the 'current processing date'. You have to dial the same sequence of numbers as the POJ method - but dial 3 at the end instead of 4. If they ask you the reason for calling, tell them upfront that your case is pending and is 1 month older than the processing time and you want to create a Service Request. They must create a Service Request, irrespective of whether your name check is cleared or not - provided your case RD is one month older than the processing date.

Good Luck!

I was greeted with similar kindness after holding for 30 min when i used POJ to get through to the TSC. Lady asked why I was calling and I said because my case was outside the processing window. She said "no, its not. If the name check is not cleared then it is not out of the processing window". So I asked if my case was awaiting NC and she said she doesnt know and wont check, but if i havent been approved, then its in name check which can take up to a year.

So much for my effort...its back to waiting for me

Last edited by a moderator: