Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Thanks Ks. I'll follow your advice. Sent out a mail to the lawyers today. Will call them next week if they don't reply by Friday.

LUD probably my addr update

Hi all,

There was an LUD on my 485 yesterday. Must be the address update. But my wife's 485 did not have any LUD. I guess I need to call up again and ask what happened. Checkout my updated signature.

-Still

485 Quota

Dedo, thanks for the nice words. Very nice indeed and much appreciated.

Somebody on trackitt has a post about the attorney telling that EB-2 visa # are going to run out soon and we all would be stuck in this black hole until next fiscal year i.e., 10/07......:-(((((((((
Sounds scary to me.
Anybody has a better idea of the real situation?

Somebody on trackitt has a post about the attorney telling that EB-2 visa # are going to run out soon and we all would be stuck in this black hole until next fiscal year i.e., 10/07......:-(((((((((
Sounds scary to me.
Anybody has a better idea of the real situation?

That's always a risk. Then again, I may get hit by a bus.

I don't see how any pundit can predict this, especially when no pundit predicted the EB2 India/China retrogression back in October of 2005. It caught people with their pants around their ankles, self included. Come to think of it, without that event, this thread wouldn't have been possible.
The visa bulletin alludes to continued dismay for EB3, but nothing indicative of what Nostradamus, Attorney-at-law is predicting for EB2.
If this changes, I'll be the first to credit him, right after I cuss out a blue streak.

Infopass

Hey folks

Just got back from my Infopass.
The appointment was at 9 AM. I got there at 8.30 and was out of there by 8.35.
FBI name check still pending.
Oh well, c'est la vie.

Prez...

Prez, I read on a different thread about this person awaiting his FP notice for three months only after which he initiated inquiries with USCIS. Not to state the obvious, but my opinion would be to not wait that long.

Ok, I got all my receipts today (140, 485, 131, 765). What next? Where do i track and do I have to do each one seperately for me and my wife (meaning 8 things to track)?

Ok, I got all my receipts today (140, 485, 131, 765). What next? Where do i track and do I have to do each one seperately for me and my wife (meaning 8 things to track)?

Hi Dedo
Thats awesome. Yes, you do need to enter receipt numbers separately for your wife and yourself.

1. Go to:
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/selectusertype.jsp

2. Create an account for yourself as an 'applicant customer'.

3. After your create an account using a unique username and password, login to your account.

4. Click on 'add a case' or something like that, and start entering your receipt numbers.

5. To get email updates on your case, make sure the email notification column says "Y".

And that's all there is to it. Post if you run into issues.

Thank you KS_CC

Thank you KS CC I really appreciate your time and consideration and effort you put to answer our questions. I just got from Fingerprinting let's see how it goes. I have been very fortunate because my application has been on a fast track I got my AP approved yesterday and fingerprinting today after only 20 days considering that my application was received March 16th 2007.

Again Thank you KS CC

Non-Retrogressed Country All Forms sent to Nebraska and transfered to Texas within a couple of days.
PERM EB2 Filed 10/05/06 AD: 11/15/06
I-140 RD: 02/20/07;PP; AD:02/28/07
I-131 RD: 03/16/07 LUD: 03/19/07; 03/29/07; 03/31/07; AD: 04/05/07
I-485
RD: 03/16/07 LUD: 04/06/07
FP ND: 03/26/07 Done: 04/06/07

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry

Hey folks

Just got back from my Infopass.
The appointment was at 9 AM. I got there at 8.30 and was out of there by 8.35.
FBI name check still pending.
Oh well, c'est la vie.

Sorry about the namecheck blackhole.
What are your Filing dates? Could you include some info in your signature?
Thanks for encouraging words about retrogression. I, too, think that attorney is just trying to play safe by saying retrogression might hit EB2 as well.

Thanks Mali03 and Ks_cc
I know what I am doing when I get home. Now the painful process of watching "no activity" begins

Thank you KS CC I really appreciate your time and consideration and effort you put to answer our questions. I just got from Fingerprinting let's see how it goes. I have been very fortunate because my application has been on a fast track I got my AP approved yesterday and fingerprinting today after only 20 days considering that my application was received March 16th 2007.

Again Thank you KS CC

Of course! Anytime, glad I can be of help.

Sorry about the namecheck blackhole.
What are your Filing dates? Could you include some info in your signature?
Thanks for encouraging words about retrogression. I, too, think that attorney is just trying to play safe by saying retrogression might hit EB2 as well.

Hello mali,

Dates as below:

Vermont Service Center : EB2 - World (Cross Chargeability Rule)

I-140 RD/ND: March 10 2006
I-140 AD: May 09 2006
I-485 RD/ND: March 24 2006, April 7 2006 (Application improperly sent back when mailroom ignored Cross Chargeability during concurrent filing)
Biometrics (Code 3): April 23 2006

EAD(1)/AP(1) RD: April 7 2006
EAD(1)/AP(1) AD: May 15 2006

EAD(2)/AP(2) RD: Jan 17 2007
EAD(2)/AP(2) AD: Feb 16 2007/Feb 18 2007

FBI Name Check Request Sent: April 2006
FBI Name Check Status [SELF]: PENDING (as of April 6 2007)
FBI Name Check Status [SPOUSE]: Cleared

VSC Transferred to TSC: 03/15/2007
LUD Post Transfer: 03/15/2007, 03/16/2007

Thanks Mali03 and Ks_cc
I know what I am doing when I get home. Now the painful process of watching "no activity" begins

Aah, keep your chin up. You've gotten this far with relative painlessness. Sooner or later, we'll all reach the promised land.

Aah, keep your chin up. You've gotten this far with relative painlessness. Sooner or later, we'll all reach the promised land.

Only the last few weeks have been relatively painless my friend. My Labor took almost 4 years. Actually my labor was moving very fast (even my lawyers were shocked) UNTIL they created the Backlog Elimination Centers. Then i got stuffed in a box somewhere and stayed there for 2.5 years and finally re-emerged

Only the last few weeks have been relatively painless my friend. My Labor took almost 4 years. Actually my labor was moving very fast (even my lawyers were shocked) UNTIL they created the Backlog Elimination Centers. Then i got stuffed in a box somewhere and stayed there for 2.5 years and finally re-emerged

Oi. You've certainly paid your dues. I can understand. Holding that little piece of laminated plastic in your hands shall make it feel worthwhile...soon.

Oi. You've certainly paid your dues. I can understand. Holding that little piece of laminated plastic in your hands shall make it feel worthwhile...soon.

How long did your Labor take? Did you use PERM?

There are so many folks out there that are still stuck in Labor after 4-5 years, and then we have to look forward to retrogression. Atleast I married well and can use CC

Ks,

I admire you for the positive energy that you spread in this forum. You are helpful and contagious; Keep up the good work! I am sure that this thread is the most active of all the threads in the forum, thanks to efforts from people like you!