Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

How does one know when Name is sent for Name Check?

Hi Guys,

How does one know when Name is sent for Name Check? Does it appear on I-485 LUD? I have checked around but I don't see anywhere where one can see that FBI has received name for Security Clearance and consequently that Name has cleared. I'd appreciate if someone can clarify or advise on that.

Thanks,

Non-Retrogressed CountryAll Forms sent to Nebraska and transfered to Texas within a couple of days.
PERM EB2 Filed 10/05/06 AD: 11/15/06
I-140 RD: 02/20/07 AD:02/28/07 PP
I-131 RD: 03/16/07 LUD: 03/19/07; 03/29/07; 03/31/07; AD: 04/05/07
I-485 RD: 03/16/07
FP ND: 03/26/07 Appointment Date: 04/06/07

Last edited by a moderator:
Ks,

Need your help again to interpret this.

As you know both my case and my spouse's case had LUD of 04/03 yesterday after the FP process; My spouse's case has a new LUD today of 04/04, however my case does not have a new LUD.

What does the above mean? Should I be concerned about my case?

I am happy that my spouse has a new LUD though:)

Thanks again!

WellWisher,

1. FBI Name Check Initiated Date: You can try and find out by making an Infopass appointment. I'd hold off on this. Since you just finished your biometrics, odds are the name check request has gone out quite recently. Its usually sent to the FBI a few weeks after the 485 is filed.

2. Fingerprints are sent to the FBI by USCIS after your biometrics usually on the same day or the next day. The FBI turnaround time is usually a day or two for fingerprints...yes..extraordinarily fast I think.

3. Name Check aka Security Check and FP are entirely independent entities....the FP is done in the blink of an eye, but the name check can take anywhere from two days to two years, or more.

http://usinfo.state.gov/gi/Archive/2006/May/04-878088.html

Ks,

Need your help again to interpret this.

As you know both my case and my spouse's case had LUD of 04/03 yesterday after the FP process; My spouse's case has a new LUD today of 04/04, however my case does not have a new LUD.

What does the above mean? Should I be concerned about my case?

I am happy that my spouse has a new LUD though:)

Thanks again!

Hey Well,
Since you just completed your biometrics, these LUDs are most likely standard post-biometrics processing LUDs. Don't be concerned whatsoever. Its most likely attributed to the fingerprints either being sent to the Feds or having come back from them. Don't expect a standard pattern for LUDs between your case and your wife's case. Its a 50-50 chance that you both would get LUDs at the same time or the same day...so I wouldn't pay any attention or put too much stock in the LUDs right now. If these continue, it might indicate anything....from an RFE for additional documents requested by CIS to who knows, even an approval. But my opinion would be to be on cruise control for another month or so. Even if you get an RFE (unlikely since yours was the most thorough application I've seen), it won't be for a little bit.
These LUDs are most likely the result of the fingerprint processing.

Hi Guys,

How does one know when Name is sent for Name Check? Does it appear on I-485 LUD? I have checked around but I don't see anywhere where one can see that FBI has received name for Security Clearance and consequently that Name has cleared. I'd appreciate if someone can clarify or advise on that.

Thanks,

Non-Retrogressed CountryAll Forms sent to Nebraska and transfered to Texas within a couple of days.
PERM EB2 Filed 10/05/06 AD: 11/15/06
I-140 RD: 02/20/07 AD:02/28/07 PP
I-131 RD: 03/16/07 LUD: 03/19/07; 03/29/07; 03/31/07; AD: 04/05/07
I-485 RD: 03/16/07
FP ND: 03/26/07 Appointment Date: 04/06/07

Name check requests are initiated a few days to a few weeks after the 485 is received by the service center. You may or may not get LUDs on your applications whenever the results are sent back to the USCIS. The only way to determine if your name check is cleared is via an Infopass appointment, or by using the POJ method to call the service center. The latter is undesirable, since the service center officers aren't supposed to tell you case status over the phone and if you're not lucky, you may end up talking to someone who would refuse to answer any questions, ergo ruining your day. Infopass is your best bet, and they wouldn't necessarily inform you when the request went. If you need to know that, ask your congresspersons office to find out...USCIS usually tells them.

Well said KS!!! I concur. Took a while for me to get down to brass tacks.
I haven't seen a single LUD on my case after the initial ND of 10/26/06. Not even post my FP in November!!!! I haven't called FBI or TSC yet; but maybe I will initiate contact post 6 months of my 485 ND.

-Zeppelin

6 months is an appropriate amount of time, since it is the USCIS stipulated standard processing time for 485 cases.

Anyway....say a little prayer for me. I'm going for an Infopass tomorrow AM to find out whether my name check's been cleared or not. My Senator's office sent a letter to the FBI a couple of weeks ago to get status information, but apparently we need to wait 90 days for their response. My congressperson's aide is on vacation and she won't be back for another week or so. She said she'd call CIS as soon as she returns, but I don't want to sit around and wait. It's been over a year since we filed and I'm weary of sitting around.

6 months is an appropriate amount of time, since it is the USCIS stipulated standard processing time for 485 cases.

Anyway....say a little prayer for me. I'm going for an Infopass tomorrow AM to find out whether my name check's been cleared or not. My Senator's office sent a letter to the FBI a couple of weeks ago to get status information, but apparently we need to wait 90 days for their response. My congressperson's aide is on vacation and she won't be back for another week or so. She said she'd call CIS as soon as she returns, but I don't want to sit around and wait. It's been over a year since we filed and I'm weary of sitting around.

Ks,

Fingers crossed. You deserve some good news. Good luck!

My prayers are with you, Ks; As I already told you earlier, both our cases will be approved by this month end:)

Good Luck & Cheers!

Alternative way to get the receipt numbers

My 140/485 concurrent filed more than two weeks back. Lawyer says he seems got my receipts and he is so busy will take some time to locate that out of so many receipts his office has received. Now I want to know mean time is there any alernative way to find out the case numbers from uscis. Thanks.

Nope; your lawyer should provide you the receipt numbers. I would suggest you to request for photo-copies of each receipt that he received.

My 140/485 concurrent filed more than two weeks back. Lawyer says he seems got my receipts and he is so busy will take some time to locate that out of so many receipts his office has received. Now I want to know mean time is there any alernative way to find out the case numbers from uscis. Thanks.

Thanks!

Hey folks...thanks for your best wishes! I really appreciate it. I'll post the Infopass details when I get back tomorrow. The Manchester NH ASC is usually a pretty neat experience. If history is any indication, I'll be out of there before the scheduled appointment time. Good thing I did not plan for today as an appointment date...we're busy digging out of 6+ inches of heavy wet snow.
Apparently mother nature did not get the memo about it being spring. Mother Nature's outside her normal processing times.
Yeah...that was lame, but I spent two hours digging the driveway out, so forgive me.

That's ridiculous. You've reimbursed the attorney and the least they can do is provide you with your receipts numbers. You'll probably get a PDF copy of the scanned notices. There's no way that you can determine the numbers by yourself. The receipt numbers usually appear on the back of your encashed fee checks, so if you have access to those, you might be able to..but its a longshot at best.

what happenned to your plans of starting a consulting firm for immigration issues ('Cross Chargeability' specialization)?:)
:)
I'm in for that. Don't think I'd pass the bar (without stopping in for a drink anyway). Strictly not-for-profit. Goodwill is my only compensation.

We filed 3 weeks ago, and my attorneys just received the notices yesterday (same time as i got my Bio appt letter). i will have my case numbers tomorrow

:)
I'm in for that. Don't think I'd pass the bar (without stopping in for a drink anyway). Strictly not-for-profit. Goodwill is my only compensation.

Then you are the richest man around!! i too would like to thank you for your tireless efforts here

FP notices

I still haven't received FP notices from USCIS (it's been about a month since 485 was filed). Looks like people are receiving it within 2-3 weeks of filing. Is this a cause for concern yet or am I still within the statistical processing times for FP ? At what point should I be worried, and at that point, what can I do about it?

Thanks!

That's ridiculous. You've reimbursed the attorney and the least they can do is provide you with your receipts numbers. You'll probably get a PDF copy of the scanned notices. There's no way that you can determine the numbers by yourself. The receipt numbers usually appear on the back of your encashed fee checks, so if you have access to those, you might be able to..but its a longshot at best.

Thanks guys for your reply. I will try to get that.

I still haven't received FP notices from USCIS (it's been about a month since 485 was filed). Looks like people are receiving it within 2-3 weeks of filing. Is this a cause for concern yet or am I still within the statistical processing times for FP ? At what point should I be worried, and at that point, what can I do about it?

Thanks!

Naah, don't sweat it just yet. The service center's have been enraptured with the bispecialization transfers and the humungous influx of H1B applications among other things, so I wouldn't necessarily be concerned.
I've read about folks on this forum who had not received a FP a couple of months post filing and they just walked into the ASC and did a walk-in biometrics. This was last year, so I dont know if thats even possible.
Now, what I suggest:
Give it till Monday, April 16th. If you haven't heard until then, you can:
a. Call National Customer Service and report that you've yet to receive a FP notice.
b. Call the Service Center directly using POJ.
c. Have your attorney do some groundwork for you.
Lastly, since the FP is unrelated to and independent of the name check, chances are your name check requests have already gone out to the feds.
Long story short, don't fret. Biometrics is the USCIS requirement and when they want it, they'll ask you for it, but definitely follow up to remind them...

Most important:
I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but keep on your lawyer about the biometrics. My attorney's office was the one who recvd the notices and they called me ONE DAY before the actual appt asking me if I had recvd the notice. I had not and they faxed it over to me. Which was scary since I came ssoooooo close to missing the appointment (April 23), and with a wife who was quite pregnant at the time (we had our daughter 2 weeks later...on our 3rd wedding anniversary nonetheless...gosh its almost been a year), I couldnt have afforded to spend time doing the whole reopen-reschedule nonsense.