Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Ks,

How about InfoPass appointments? At what point can you make those? The same 30 day past ND rule or is it something else?

Thanks,
Prez

Ks,

How about InfoPass appointments? At what point can you make those? The same 30 day past ND rule or is it something else?

Thanks,
Prez

Hey Prez
Infopass is different....you can schedule an Infopass appointment at any time you like. The information that you glean off the appointment however might not be any different if your case is within the processing times. If your case goes outside the processing time, you can then find out about the FBI Name Check....which of course you can learn about from the Infopass at anytime within the processing times as well.
So if you're just casually curious about the name check status, go for it, but I wouldn't sweat that just yet.
Here's the Infopass scheduler link:
https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php
Remember that when you do make an appt, you *have* to print out the appt notice and take it with you.

Thanks Ks. One follow up question: If I make a casual infopass appointment in let's say a month, does it mean that I'll have difficulty making one in 5 months compared to folks who haven't made one yet? Basically are multiple appointments frowned upon? (Of course, I'm talking sensible multiple appt.s - once every 4-5 months say, not every week :) )

I am thinking 3-4 months after ND would be a good time to go in if things haven't moved by then.

Thanks Ks. One follow up question: If I make a casual infopass appointment in let's say a month, does it mean that I'll have difficulty making one in 5 months compared to folks who haven't made one yet? Basically are multiple appointments frowned upon? (Of course, I'm talking sensible multiple appt.s - once every 4-5 months say, not every week :) )

I am thinking 3-4 months after ND would be a good time to go in if things haven't moved by then.

Not at all. When you schedule an appointment, the system doesn't know or care of how many appointments you've made in the past. If you're just going in for routine questions, I don't see any problems with it. I don't know if they even keep track of this at the ASCs, but they might for security and audit reasons if nothing else.

Travelling on AP

Hi,
I know this question has been asked earlier on this thread ( i recall reading it) but i shall ask it anyways (just to be sure that nothing has changed in the past few months)
We have received advance parole papers.
My wife and I are planning on going out of the country for 2 weeks. She is on a H1B and looking for a job (hence no H1B stamp on her ppt). Can she re-enter using AP even if her H1B visa has not been stamped? Do we need to be aware of any special papers/documents apart from the AP's for reentry?
If anyone has renetered using AP recently, can you share your experience?
Thanks,
-h

Guys,
Got CRIS emails yesterday. EAD approved for both self and spouse. Saw a LUD in AP for yesterday as well, but no news. I-485, still pending, guess its the name check.

Got CRIS emails today for AP approval as well for both of us.

What does it mean by "Document OTHER THAN CARD manufactured and mailed" ?

EAD renewal approved for wife. Strange that there is no LUD on my EAD yet. Did anyone here have a similar experience?

Yes, don't sweat it. For our renewals, my wife's AP was approved a few days after mine. For the first EAD and AP, they both were approved for spouse and self on the same day, so I had been expecting the same patterns.
60 days...wow, that sure took a while. I guess its the luck of the draw. I consider myself to be lucky that our renewals were done in about three weeks.
If only I'd have the same fortune with the 485s.

Got CRIS emails today for AP approval as well for both of us.

What does it mean by "Document OTHER THAN CARD manufactured and mailed" ?

The message for "other than card" is it on the 765 (EAD)?
If so, then it alludes to the I-797 Notice of Action.

I had initiated an inquiry on my case on March 27th. Received a letter yesterday from the USCIS. It states -

"The processing of your petition/application has been delayed. All petitions/applications received by this service are required to have routine security checks that are resulting in delays of adjudication of petitions/applications. we can give no definite indication of when they will be completed. we apologize for the delay."

Feels like a standard format printed and sent out. I did not get any LUD though. I know that some folks in another forum had reported an LUD when they got these letters after initiating an inquiry.

They say "routine checks" !!! One would think a "routine" is something that keeps happening and should be done in no time. Its frustrating that they have no indications of when it will be completed.

Hoping to get some good news.. its becoming a long frustrating wait..

I had initiated an inquiry on my case on March 27th. Received a letter yesterday from the USCIS. It states -

"The processing of your petition/application has been delayed. All petitions/applications received by this service are required to have routine security checks that are resulting in delays of adjudication of petitions/applications. we can give no definite indication of when they will be completed. we apologize for the delay."

Feels like a standard format printed and sent out. I did not get any LUD though. I know that some folks in another forum had reported an LUD when they got these letters after initiating an inquiry.

They say "routine checks" !!! One would think a "routine" is something that keeps happening and should be done in no time. Its frustrating that they have no indications of when it will be completed.

Hoping to get some good news.. its becoming a long frustrating wait..

Yup, I got the same letter towards the end of January, based on the inquiry I had made in December. Its the standard letter they send out, and tons of other folks reported the same letter around the time I got one...mass mailings I guess.

The message for "other than card" is it on the 765 (EAD)?
If so, then it alludes to the I-797 Notice of Action.

This was on the I-131 approval email. "Current Status: Document OTHER THAN CARD manufactured and mailed.

For the I-765, it said "Card production ordered"

This was on the I-131 approval email. "Current Status: Document OTHER THAN CARD manufactured and mailed.

Weird...thats a little asnine, since the 131 does not yield a card. But anyway, misleading statements aside, its most likely the I797 Notice of Action informing you that the application has been approved. It may even be the actual travel documents. USCIS just wants us to exercise our best judgment...a lesson in life.

Filed!

Been away from the board for a few weeks.....We filed all the 140/485/AP/EAD using CC about 2 weeks ago. How long does it take to get receipts? Are these sent to the lawyers as well as the beneficiary (me)? Lawyer suggested that it could take a few weeks to get receipt numbers, etc

Been away from the board for a few weeks.....We filed all the 140/485/AP/EAD using CC about 2 weeks ago. How long does it take to get receipts? Are these sent to the lawyers as well as the beneficiary (me)? Lawyer suggested that it could take a few weeks to get receipt numbers, etc

For a second, I read the "Filed!" in your subject line as "Fired!"! Perhaps cos I work in a Japanese company ;)

Congrats on the filing and good luck! Only the lawyers will get receipt acknowledgements, numbers etc. It took my lawyers about 10 days to hear back from USCIS after my filing.

Which service center was yours filed at?

I got the same msg on the 131 and 765. Let me know when you receive it. I will keep you posted too

Mine also filed 140/485/ap/ead (140 PP) two weeks back using PD portabilty. And lawyer says it has sent to Nebraska and eventually it will be transferred to texas. thats the reason it may be little delay and not yet received the receipts. also this april 1st is busy day for the new H1Bs filings and does this could delay.

Drivers license

Hi ks_cc and All,

I went to get my address changed on my driver's license and they gave me only till Sept'07, when my I94(H1B) expires. When my EAD comes will they renew my drivers license till my EAD expires? i.e. 1 year at a time?

It is a little worrisome as I dont think the driver's license office staff knows about EAD, they only talk abt I94.

One of my coworker, also on H1B, went to update the address on his drivers lic, and he showed the I94 attached to his H1B extension approval notice, they kept asking him for the "white thing", even though the I94 attached to the extension approval notice has I94 clearly written on it.

Any thoughts and comments r most welcome.

Thanks and regards,
Still

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ks_cc and All,

I went to get my address changed on my driver's license and they gave me only till Sept'07, when my I94(H1B) expires. When my EAD comes will they renew my drivers license till my EAD expires? i.e. 1 year at a time?

It is a little worrisome as I dont think the driver's license office staff knows about EAD, they only talk abt I94.

One of my coworker, also on H1B, went to update the address on his drivers lic, and he showed the I94 attached to his H1B extension approval notice, they kept asking him for the "white thing", even though the I94 attached to the extension approval notice has I94 clearly written on it.

Any thoughts and comments r most welcome.

Thanks and regards,
Still
Hi Still,
Yup, just show them the EAD card (I took the 797 and 485 receipt, but they dont care about it). They will make a copy of the EAD and issue you the drivers ID on the same day (as opposed to certain times when they send your papers to USCIS for validation). The ID would be valid for a period of one year as appears on the EAD card.
Best
k